the Rift

[OPEN] Merciful Reflection

Farenjer Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Loulou
farenjer
This whole damn thing could not go on! His brethren were suffering not only from the darkness, but from the winter as well. His eyes earlier had anxiously rested on a little one who did not rest for she was shaking like a leaf. It quivered and tumbled his insides to know that, if it continued. The populations of the herds will fail to increase normally. Hunger and disease would break out. Death would soon follow... Farenjer hated the theory and thought, he wanted nothing more to help his friends and other herd landers. He wanted to find information, get some thoughts out of the minds of others around him. But unless he knew any of the other unicorns around him, he would have to introduce and go through to ask. He wanted to see a friendly face again. Oh where was Arah?!

The tall and thick figure of the stag stood stiffly in his chamber. This small cave he had called home some time ago was much too icy and faraway for any heat. But it was good shelter from icy air... if you leaned against the stone walls. His eyes that were already withdrawn, opened. Dim lit orbs wavered around for anything, before he flicked his tail and cautiously walked over to the entrance. His position halted, head stiff, eyes tired and open minded, ears flicking around for the sounds, hot breath coming from his nostrils. His posture was stopped when he pressed on out of the entrance and into the open and dark valley. Cautious to trip over rocks. It then had reminded him of many times at the shining lake that he seen others with bleeding wounds on them from falling or not being too cautious of their surroundings. A brief sigh escaped his lips at the thoughts. Just another thing this was doing to them all.

His well presence loomed over to the base of light that filled The Basin with a shadowy glimmer. Looking at the reflecting water, he licked the tips of his bottom lip. Feeling dry, his thirst would be fulfilled. Lowering thick neck, locks loosely hanging down, blades rising up with movement. He began decreasing his thirst by slowly drinking the water. A sign of judgment darted through his mind as his eyes increasingly looked down. Restoring his thirst, he rose up slightly continuing to stare. The blurry waves of mixed color scheme began to turn into a flat and mirror like reflection. He stared at it for a while. A ugly face staring back, eyes like dry ice, dark locks falling on his face, he was utterly confessed of it. He took a hoof and scattered droplets to splash it in waves of colours again. Just an ugly shadow in the darkness of this demonic world...

(I'm hoping to have this thread fast paced. Open for anyone.)

Castiel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Best expression that could be used for the painted unicorn’s predicament was the old saying “out of the frying pan into the fire”. Ironic because in these lands it felt like they were shoved into a dark freezer and even when it door swung open its light was burned out. The stallion wished that the sun would come out to break this unrelenting winter that refused to let off her iron grip on this place. Where this boy came from it was always pleasant with mild winters and for awhile he felt home sick, but he knew that place had been burned they would kill him on sighting. This paint had never done anything to them his family had always been the peaceful bearers of love refusing to kill, which had done the equines in tragically. So naturally in these conditions of freezing to the bone the stud got his spirits rather down, all he hoped for was some rest for the demons of his past still clawed angrily at his psyche. Finding a mare he called gem however made it better more controllable, but without the lady around the horse would still be a little out of whack. This was an internal struggle character vs. character thus no one could see the carnage going on within unless the unicorn allowed it.

Castiel wondered around his new home in the basin still trying to figure out his way in the dark had been a challenge. The horse slipped and fell hard a few times on slick ice that seemed in a way to sit there left as a trap by someone who knew of his presence here. That thought made the stallion laugh making him ask “paranoid much are we”. His stature wasn’t much to look at this stud was a short stout tank with a sharp pointed horn perfect for stabbing. Not that this sweet hearted soul ever saw himself plunging it into another’s chest cavity. Walking along the paint could make out the faint outline of a lake and carefully made his way over not wanting to fall over another time his body already ached enough. Making it to the shore the stallion drunk his fill and as he lowered his head up, ears perks caught the sound of splashing next to him. Cast didn’t realize someone else for he was lost in thought as always so he gave a welcoming nickering “ Hello who is there….I am castiel pleasure to meet you why do you break your reflection may I ask and your name is”

Farenjer Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Loulou
Farenjer & Arah
The reflection rippled with the paints of dark colours. Farenjer loosely entangled in the thoughts of being in the dark and staring at this merciful reflection. It sickened him, it would let him know that not only was he always going to be in shadows of other people. But he was going to be a monster of the shadows too. It was sad, it was depressing, it was something the stag never wanted to realize in his own time and place. But then the ripples, the curving and smooth waves, they wrinkled the mirrors of projecting light of a large mirror to his eyes. Light flashing onto the icy but dimmed orbs. He snorted with the thoughts that light had shed upon him.

Farenjer remembered the time he had found a friend. Someone that stood in the light. Arah... She understood his pains, and knew of why he hid in shadows of others. But ever since that meeting had occurred... he never sought for her again. Staring into the mists of reflection that stood yet again calm and ignited peacefully with mirror light. He suddenly did feel the warmth of the lake's light. It's light that gave shimmers off the lake, it embraced onto his flanks and neck like a blanket to encircle him and hold him. And for his face, he felt he wanted to splash into the white lake, to revive himself. To start over. The beautiful mistress had given him something he never had known. Hope. The world tickled his insides and for the first time in a long time... He smiled. Lips drawing up in a warm curve.

Not noticing the paint standing next to him. He listened clearly to the tone of the stranger. “ Hello who is there….I am castiel pleasure to meet you why do you break your reflection may I ask and your name is” Many questions appeared. This fellow was most certainly curious of the strange and tall stag before him. Farenjer raised his head up on his shoulders, gaze snapped onto the attention of the older stag. He was curious, keeping a calm and nice stance. He looked upon the other and spoke "Hello Castiel. My name is Farenjer." He twisted around to the lake's surface with a warming look in his eyes. The lightning stag inquired "I have broken the reflection of this lake's surface, because I felt pity for myself. I felt total loss and isolation for my history and the darkness that has overcome." Farenjer met the others eyes before speaking on with a tone of dignity "But then I realized something that a friend of mine had taught me. There is hope for anyone that is willing to get it, and now I know that someday these skies will clear and the light of colours and rays of sunshine will once again come." The stag's eyes raised up to the skies, though they were black as tar and smog he looked past it all as if he could see the sky haven of white and blue there.
"And when that day comes it will be a glorious day for us all."