the Rift

[OPEN] Entering an Unknown World

ElegantDesire Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Elegance has walked the long distance from the Threshold where she had meet Valentine. He was telling all these great things about this place. As she walks closer to the land she could definitly feel the warmth growing on her skin. It felt nice compared to the other place where it was bitter cold. She walked cautiously so not to upset the current residence of this land. She stood at the edge of the land smelling and letting her eyes search the land. She was looking at all the scenes. She stepped forward and found a large look out to where she can look what this land had to offer. Hello is anyone here? Valentine invited me here.

She stayed in her spot, her coat was finally showing her true color. A beautiful bay with some dapples. She finally gained some weight, and was looking better. She was so nervous in starting a new life. She was just happy to find a place that looked welcoming. She hoped to meet the leaders of this beautiful place. I am here to ask permission to join this beautiful land. She searched around and found some water. She drank her fill after her long journey.

She couldnt help to think about Valentine who came to see her at the threshold. He seemed so kind but so troubled at the same time. She would like to help him if she ever seen him before. She shook the thoughts out of her head. He was not interested in her, she stood no chance. She was here in this new place to start a new life and new dreams. She was wondering what he ment by the walls this place seemed wonderful why would anyone want to put walls up. Well maybe if she was here long enough she would get an idea.

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
give me your eyes for just one second,
give me your eyes so i can see
everything that i keep missing

Rasta allowed her tiny frame to continue moving around this land. The more she walked around it the easier it would be for her to become accustomed to the vegetation and cracks she needed to avoid. So, as she attempted to float over the earth with the grace that she used to carry so easily she attempted to take in those horses who were around her. The flapping of wings was always overhead, but she could not place where they were going, or how they were moving. It was simply... there... and she hoped that they would not feel the desire to drop down before her again as Gaucho had right after Sohalia had given birth.

Rasta had become well aware of the distinct scent of this desert land and the way it seemed to curl around the frames of the other beings who resided here. So, as she felt the presence of another equine beginning to edge toward the border she began to allow her nose to see if they matched the scent everyone else seemed to carry. But, she smelled a covering of trees that was obviously lacking in the Throat.

That was when the creature spoke up, asking if anyone was here. She had no wings. Rasta could fight in defense if she had to. The mare offered someone's name, but with Rasta's lack of knowledge on everyone who was truly in these lands it meant absolutely nothing to her. Shuffling her feet, she positioned herself off to the side, feeling as the mare stopped to take a drink before she spoke again, asking permission to join the land.

So, carefully, Rasta moved forward, "Hello," she spoke, standing up a little taller as she already knew she was small in comparison to the mare who was before her. "I cannot grant you permission to join, as I am not of high enough rank, but I might be able to help direct you to a leader?" Rasta offered, her blind eyes flickering around with a gaze directed toward the mare's face but unable to lock upon the same gaze. She was, as she probably should be in this new land, uncertain of exactly what was coming into her new home...

376 words
@[ElegantDesire]
And @[Midas] should be posting to help accept you in
Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
I've loved you for a thousand years
I slipped along the border, keeping watch for trouble with eyes that had grown perturbed by this never ending eve. Once vibrant pools had great shadows beneath them, a sign of restless dozing; while my face is riddled with leathery lines. Soon even our adolescence would take on the appearance of old men and women. It broke my heart to know that Cera’s youth was being torn away, and little Ranjiri was having to grow up in a dark world. Lord only knew what had happened to my other child, Hototo. I tried to remember the last time we had all be together, and frowned when those memories left a fading sweetness across my tongue. Sometimes it felt like all we had left were memories. Springtime wasn’t coming.

A voice rose up, near enough that I heard the sex behind it—but far enough that her words sounded like gibberish to my ears. Instinctively my head turned toward said sound and feet followed, they stomped muffled imprints. The distance between us was short, but long enough for another of the herd to arrive. I regarded the alabaster mare with a small smile, the tips of my lips just barely flicking up. “Well met Sister,” turning toward the taller amazon I added with gentle note, “and you Ma’ lady.”

Ivory feathers had been hung loosely around my barrel, they coiled in upon themselves in a tightening manner. Neatly, I straightened almost subconsciously and not because of a size difference. Because of training. I stiffened as a soldier might, one that was snapping to attention—my face left all traces of worry or dread in a sealed chest behind a well-shaped facade of mannerism. “How might I be of service?”
table by whit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

ElegantDesire Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

While Elegance explored this new land. She didnt want to wander too far because she had no permission to be there. She just stayed in the little area she was incase someone would show up. She started to day dream alittle from where she had been through and what she has seen since she's been here. Shes traveled for so long and seen so many good and bad things along my travels. She heard what sounded hooves approaching her. She turned in the direction of the sound.

Standing before her was a winged creature a white beautiful creature stood before her. Hello Rasta, yes i am looking for a home, i mean no harm by being here. She looked her over she had never seen another creature besides Valentine when she meet him in the threshold but this one had wings. This was a first for her but she was not at all frightened. She was intrigued by this and wanted to learn more. My name is Elegance but you can just call me Elle for short. Are you from this land?

While she was talking to Rasta another showed up, a darker bigger creature with wings as well. This one was bigger in comparison it must be the leader of this land. She stood still as to not feel like a treat to the leader. Im sorry to intrude but i have been traveling for many days in search of a new home. Valentine in the treshold said this is a good place to be. Do you know him? She bowed her head alittle in respect for these two creatures. She was hoping to find a new life here. Maybe she could be of help to his leader in some way. She could contribute helping the herd if she needed. She would do anything.

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
give me your eyes for just one second,
give me your eyes so i can see
everything that i keep missing

Rasta allowed her tiny frame to pull to the side away from the oncoming creature with wings. Thank god, he had decided to walk. She honestly did not want to be jumping out of her skin at every single interval around here. It just... wasn't very pleasant. He turned toward Rasta with a tiny smile, calling her a sister and then turning toward the other mare with a better title. He was well versed in manners, she would grant him that. "Thank you, sir." she responded with a light bob of the head.

She felt his wings coil up at his side and then his entire frame stand taller - as if at attention. A tiny grin fell upon her maw as she ''watched him' without even looking at him. He asked how he could of service and she simply awaited the response of the much taller mare before her. No harm. Good. Rasta didn't doubt she could evade some attacks, but she'd prefer not to call upon her rusty sparring skills at the moment. "Pleasure to meet you Miss. Elle. I am not from this land, I came here not too long ago by a pregnant mare named Sohalia. Witnessed the birth of her foal and met a few others. I'm just beginning to find my way around. Though I can smell that you are not from here..." Rasta explained politely before listening as she went to talk to the stag beside the two mares who she knew no name of yet.

This Valentine name meant nothing to Rasta, but she was assuming it would mean something to the soldier (so she presumed) who stood beside her. She wasn't too sure of what else to say, nor did she have much info to give so she simply awaited to see his response.

307 words
@[Midas] - let me know if the tagging each post bothers you. xD I get lost easily so it's easier for me when I'm tagged
Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
I've loved you for a thousand years
A calculating gaze trailed the length of said dun mare, her body didn’t appear fatigued—nor did she seem sickly or weak. All the above were good signs, though it was really the personality which got one into a herd; you could be chiseled from the goddess of moon herself, yet, without a fair temperance none would receive asylum. So that I didn’t make said woman feel uncomfortable by heedless gawking, I raked quickly through the mess of only what needed to be known physically, then looked away.

“I’m sorry to intrude but I have been traveling many days in search of a new home.” My business like features softened just a little, I always seemed to relate with lost souls; it was through them that kindness came easy. Though, even normal gentleness felt tainted by an abashed night. One could be under stressors for long enough that eventually it became a disease to wilt the flaming petals of an otherwise healthy mind. “Valentine in the threshold said this is a good place to be. Do you know him?”

I recognized immediately the name of our ranked…well I wasn’t sure what his title was—but at this point what did it matter? He had been the first to break the shattering news that our lords had somehow vanished through a hole—a scar in the universe. The same lad had also been at our latest meeting; bleating with high hopes, same as the rest. Those vain emotions had quickly died out sometime last week. Or perhaps it was last month? Who could tell?

Now we prepared to thrive in a dark world, while knowing it was only a matter of time before everything would wilt away into nothing. Either by war or simple starvation, all would walk the fair lite trail of death. “Do you know him?” My personal thoughts fell away and I realized that she had just asked us a question, though I dumbly didn’t know which person it had been directed at. It was then that I noticed her crown was bowed in that traditional submissive way; which of course couldn’t hurt her points in my book.

The other, my clan sister spoke next. Though she didn’t answer, “Miss. Elle’s” question. Politely I allowed the alabaster girl to finish her statement before inhaling to provide an answer, "Aye Lady Elle, I know Valentine, and he spoke true. You’re more than welcome to tie yourself to this family and please, call me Midas.”

table by whit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]