the Rift

J'me tire

Just M Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Most of her time, M was spending in wild surroundings, like meadows or forests, hunting for all kind of species who were able to hurt her little animals. That's why M was many times referred to as "protectress of young animals". M loved all the animals of the forest, but her favorite was the deer.

M loitered restlessly in the area known as Cherry Oak, she allowed herself to move freely, not faltered by a certain direction or objective. It was then, as she took pause in motion and a large inhale, that she heard it: the crackling of an innocent twig. It was enough to keep her still and silent. Holding her breath was difficult as her heart rate greatly increased, giving her an ever-so pleasant high. The surroundings became blurred through adrenaline intoxicated senses and she only caught a glimpse of yellow eyes as the furry owner drifted within the dark lighting of the early morn. Her deep mahogany eyes locked onto the nearly invisible image. Her hooves moved gently while her shoulders and hips rolled in a curious stalk of the lupine that stalked her.

It was undeniably a hungry beast, but apparently M's lack of fear was not quite as appealing as some startled doe in a clearing. Just when she was going to open her mouth and spout out some witty phrase, the wolf slunk back into the shadows, disappearing into the tree line. Disappointed and disbelieving of her luck, her bouncy giggles escaped her lips and an airy noise emitted as she tried to cut them off. Maybe something better would come along soon. Who cared about wolves, anyways?

The area around her was growing darker as the dark clouds clawed its way over the distant horizon. Thunder and lightning began to mix and just a few seconds later thousands of raindrops were falling down. M's body started to shudder, her legs were shaking and her heart was thumping. M hated water. She was born on the stormiest night of Delos and when she was nearly six months old she almost drowned in a pond. As fast as she could she tried to find a shelter, but her vision clouded every second.. Because M was so afraid, she couldn't think straight anymore, she was just running.. away.. until the moment she fell. In all the whim M didn't noticed the branch. BAM.. Her small body fell down with a smack...

It was the last thing she remembered because after the fall.. everything went black..

PM. None.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Kahlua wandered once more through these woods. This was the third time. The first time had been her own entry into the land. The second time she had come here by accident in the darkness. It had been a lucky meeting- she had met one of the only horses in the land that she would dare call friend. This time now was on purpose. She had been lodging as a guest in the Throat and was now making her way back home to the Edge. She figured if bringing one horse back to the Edge had been good two would be better.

Her trip here really was rather selfish, though. She wanted to make sure she set herself from the rest of the herd by being the best as the things she could do. She was no fighter, so she couldn't win in battles. She wasn't clever, so riddling her way into stealing other horses was out of the question. The things she was good at where loving life and seeking power. It was nice that seeking horses to join the herd was well supported by her few talents.

The painted mare made sure to follow the lamp trees as she wandered through the forest now. The darkness was oppressive and the threats from Onni about the monsters in the darkness still had her on edge. Still, she remained hopefully that she would soon come upon some soul in the forest looking for a home. What she did find surprised her more. Her steps brought her nearly upon a pale mare that was laying on the ground. Kahlua halted abruptly and stiffened, prepared to run at the first sign of danger. She was about four paces from the mare on the ground and she really didn't care to get any closer.

With ears pointed straight at the mare lying on the ground, Kahlua took a few deep breaths. “Who are you?” She hissed, legs still tense and her tail flicking nervously. Her voice betrayed some nervousness- for all she knew this was one of Onni's monsters. What was supposed to be a happy day was quickly spiraling downhill. “Come on. Get up! Get. UP!” Her voice was growing slightly louder as she was waiting. Waiting did little but let the fear grow. Too fearful to yell again, the mare shuffled forward and roughly tried to kick the mare on the back of the neck before rushing backward again. “Say something.” Her voice was lower again, a hiss.
Who the hell just lays down in the woods? Who the hell tries to scare everyone by just laying there and playing dead. Why do you want to be a monster? You get up now, or I'm running away. My job isn't to take care of dead things. I'm no healer.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I had been lurking in the shadows for a little while now. Of course, that's how I always worked. I had to take in my 'prey' before I went up to it to see if they would join me in the little game of hide and seek and creation of nightmares. Currently, I had been following this one particular mare. And, oh, was this an interesting catch. She had stopped and stood stark still about the sound of a cracking branch. And then, she was stalking after the wolf that had created the noise. How strange, yet delectably crazy. Schwere purred in my cranium as I continued to inch after the mare. Hooves, careful to float upon the ground with only a couple of light clinking noises which might be associated with the lanterns that were swinging from the trees and casting eery amber glows.

And then the equine was emitting a giggle so airy and light and so misplaced after having scared a wolf off. And then, it seemed as though the weather was coming back. Rain pounding down through the air and onto her coat - onto my coat. It was pounding down upon everything. For a second then I was uncertain if the lanterns would stay lit. But that didn't matter to me, not really. I like the darkness. I like allowing myself to become those nightmares lurking when those who are really afraid cannot find a source of light to stick with. But it didn't take long for this specific fear to snag hold onto the mare I had been following and she began to stumble through the trees in such an uncertain fashion that I was kicking on my gaited speed to continue moving without tripping over any of the roots upon the ground which I was traveling upon.

Aww. She's scared. How cute is that? Unheil questioned with the hint of a smirk upon his face even though I couldn't see him. Just the tone of voice was definitely proof enough of that. I eyed her as she suddenly fell, her entire body landing on the ground with a sickening noise almost covered up in the rain. Really? The one I was looking to recruit had managed to collapse upon herself and what? Had the knocked herself out?

Perhaps, had I emerged from my position in the shadows earlier, the mare would not have hit the ground so fast and had knocked herself out. But that was not something I could control, so I simply began to emerge only to stop myself as someone else came forward and began to hiss at the mare. Nerves attacking the mare as she continued to yell at the mare. And now she was kicking at my little kleine. That was definitely an insult. "It would do you well to back away, blöd. You must give her some space should she wake up and lash out at you for yelling at her." I chastised from the shadows. "Or perhaps you would like your nightmare to emerge from these trees as well?" I hissed, a dark laugh radiating through the trees.

I let that hang in the air for a moment before I gracefully pulled out into the amber glow of the lantern the mare had fainted close to. I gave a tight nip to her shoulder, out of the striking distance of her maw and kicking area of her legs before shuffling back a few steps. "I believe she is not mentally stable. I'm doubting that you would wish to carry her burden all the way back home." I chided before shuffling my feet and awaiting the mare's eyes to flutter open to the world around us.

636 words
Just so you can see what the group is Seele's going to be recruiting for-
The Asylum
Only providing it since she's not part of the four main herds so you don't have anything to truly base that on <3
Blod - stupid
kleine - 'poor baby'
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Just M Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Thunder shook the ground beneath her spiritless body and echoed through the trees. M's heartbeat thundered even louder than the boom. Pain washed across her mind while the tingling went down her neck and out to the very tip of her tail. A soft moan escaped her clenched teeth, but she was to fragile and unstable to do anything but hearing.. She had noticed two different individuals, one who was yelling against her and the second one who stood up for her. Slowly M started opening her confused amber eyes. A cough expanded up in her chest and she heard the female speak with a voice who became louder and louder, “I..I..I’m..al..ri..ght…” M answered.

Eventually M's mentally stability slowly recovered and when she felt strong enough she pulled herself up. Glancing at the other two females. She throated out a soft, “Thank you..” Especially towards the brown coated one. Her voice was now much clearer.

It was still raining, and although it scared the sh*t out of her, M tried to tone down the situation. She didn't really know what to say, probably because she was still in some kind of shock. " And to answer your question.." she said, after she turned her pinkish colored coat towards the spotted mare. " My name is M, just M, can I know who's asking ? "Her voice was prevailing sweet, with a small trembling overtone.

PM. Sounds very nice ! c:

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Rain dripped from every hair on her body. Drip... drip... the droplets falling on her head were hardly noticed now as she fought with herself to stay in control of her emotions. As she waited for a response from the mare on the ground the sound of another came from the shadows and Kahlua quickly shifted to face this formless nightmare head on. Her ears pointed to the sound of a mare's voice. “Blod,” the word was foreign to her, although she wasn't surprised. Intellect had never been one of her gifts. And with the rain and the darkness now, her beauty was fading fast as well.

As the formless creature in the shadows laughed, Kahlua did too. It was a hollow sound, not the usual bright laughter that would fall from her lips. She did it out of nervousness, out of desire to find some peace in this frightening time. Why the mare on the ground has frightened her so, she could not say. With all her attention on the shapeless mare in the shadows now, though, the fear from the fainted mare had almost disappeared completely. The great thing about being a little stupid was that feelings were fleeting most of the time.

As her 'nightmare' appeared from the shadows, Kahlua expected fear to seep further into her heart. Instead, she found herself gasping. “You're beautiful,” she murmured softly. Though she was dripping wet, Kahlua could not get past the bay mare's glass horn and hooves. She had never seen anything like it, and be this mare a nightmare or not, Kahlua was intrigued. Not mentally stable, the words reached her ears and Kahlua slowly looked back to the mare on the ground. She didn't think anything looked especially wrong with the mare, but then she doubted she would know the difference.
Well who are you to just barge in here, acting like you're so much better than me. Sure, you might be a little smarter, but not everything good in this world is smart. After all, we appreciate art, we love music. There's nothing smart about those. Everything about them is aesthetics. So don't stand there all high and mighty like you're something special because you might have a little more smarts than me saying words I don't know. I'm good too- in my own right.
Before Kahlua could turn her indignant thoughts into words, the mare on the ground stuttered and awoke. Thank the gods for her timing- Kahlua wasn't always the smartest creature in the world. Kahlua gave her time as she came to, letting her out a few thoughts before responding. “I am Kahlua, of the World's Edge.” Her voice was calm now, the bright and lilting tone it usually was. She paused for just a moment before continuing. “Forgive me if I frightened you or seemed rash, I only worried for your safety in these dark times.” She tossed her nose to the heavens briefly, indicating the lack of light- as if it wasn't apparent. As she settled herself down now, she was able to weave words from her tongue that did not betray her previous nervousness.

Turning her head then to the bay mare, Kahlua finished with a few choice words. “Perhaps you should not be so quick judge others. I can't imagine calling someone mentally unstable is a great way to make them a friend.” The words were intentionally underhanded. She wasn't much of a planner, but perhaps the pink hued mare would pick up on them, and begin to think that Seele did not have her best intentions in mind. Kahlua didn't know anything of Seele's intentions, of course, but she knew that Seele was a threat to her own intentions in being here.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
As I spoke from the shadows I couldn't help but smirk. The painted mare swirled around, struggling to find my form in the dark abyss that my coat so loved. The rain was soaking her thoroughly. Her mane and pelt dripping sadly into the ground with pools near her. I laughed, the mare before me instinctively laughing as well. But it was hollow. It was forced. It was as if it were her coping mechanism with the world around her.

Finally, I pulled myself from the shadows, a content smirk on my face. The mare gasping before complimenting me. A twinkle of pleasure flooded through my eyes for a mere moment as I offered the words, "Why, thank you," the voice still venomous as the water began to pool off of my coat, sparking off of my glass horn. I warned her, that the mare didn't seem too stable and it seemed that thoughts were churning in the painted's mind.

Then, the mare upon the ground spoke up, thanking us, but it seemed as though her eyes were trained upon me. And, I couldn't help but to smile a little. The mare, answering the painted one's question with the name "M." A fitting name. A simple one. One that would definitely be easy to remember.

The painted one was now attempting to make her tracks seem less harsh, apologizing for seeming rash or possibly frightening her. Kahula was the painted one's name. Claiming she was worried for her safety. A laugh escapes my maw. Oh, she wasn't worried for her safety. She just didn't want to witness her death. That was, at least, how it seemed at the time of her yelling at the mare who had fainted. And then she had turned toward me. Claiming I should not be so quick to judge others. Not a great way to make a new friend. Who said I wanted friends? I scoffed. "Judgement, kleine, is what keeps you alive. Mentally unstable can mean many things. In this instance it is the fact that this mare seems to be horrifically afraid of the rain - so much so that she could barely keep her legs under her in an attempt to find some shelter. Or so it appeared from the shadows I was watching from." I purred, poison dripping from my soprano chords, enunciating every single syllable to let across my annoyance. "Fräulein M. I am Seele. Perhaps I can offer you help to get to shelter - and then a home? I have a lovely one waiting for you that might aid you in getting over this fear - if I have not judged wrong..."

I take a tiny pause, bobbing my head at Kahula, "And perhaps, if you tell me a little about yourself I can offer you something of which to work with - a job or task, one might call it. For, in all honesty, I can see you fitting in with my little group very well, Fräulein M." I finish off, dipping my head in a sign of respect toward the shivering mare upon the ground before edging a bit closer to her and delicately nudging her shoulder to offer her help in walking if so necessary. While, I really did not respect this mare much at all I could definitely play puppet master with my false emotions to gather what was needed to gain another member. Now the question was if the mare named Kahula could entice Fräulein M more than I had...

After all, who didn't want to join the beautiful mare with the glass adornments to a home that offered her help in getting over one's fears? It was a deal that was hard to let slide through one's fingers, if I do say so myself...

641 words
@[Just M]
Compliments please Seele greatly. XD
Frauline is german for Miss or Young lady - so it's a sign of respect... well as much respect as Seele feels like giving. ROFLMAO
Kleine is loosely translated as 'poor baby'
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●