the Rift

She Had Such A Pretty Face, I Always Wondered How She Hung Around

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Illynx
Illynx instantly decided that she didn't actually talk that much, listening to the young mare blabber on about her condition and discussing the state of politics within Helovia. She did manage to spit out her calling the jumble of words that poured forth from her, and the corporal found it to be a rather pretty name, especially when paired with her obvious distaste of the hornless, the golden marked warrior smiling softly with eyes that looked upon Iosui in a whole new light. What were the odds that they would discover someone so perfectly cut out for their snowy peak? The white minx struggled within the vicious grasp of the brambles and vines, Illynx eyeing dubiously the barbed branches, her elegantly long black tail kept carefully behind her and out of the reach of the hungry barbs. Psyche may be willing to dive into a pricker bush to save her, she mused, but I'm not risking my flesh for someone foolish enough to become trapped in a bush, unicorn or not. Just as she thought it, however, Psyche's voice lured an ear in her direction, making Illynx sigh softly as she looked upon the predicament Iosui was in, knowing that she would do as her friend asked her even if it meant loosing a few carefully groomed and much loved tail hairs.

"Of course," she said flatly, looking at the massive tangle of briers the white mare had managed to fall into, moving in the opposite direction of her queen when she noticed that Psyche was attempting to view a way out, not charge in and rescue her; a relief washed over Illynx as well as a bit of shame, for having thought that Psyche would bum rush a bramble bush to rescue a lost maiden, a sign that she had traveled too long away from her friend. Luckily, it would seem that the Empress had noticed a thinner region of the mess and was now directing the young mare out as best as she could. Illynx picked up her pace to a trot and circled back towards where the Lady was gesturing, eyes searching for the less entangling part of the bush, drawing to a halt as she saw where Psyche was suggesting. "Corporal Illynx of the Aurora Basin, seasoned blade-maiden of the Plague, a warrior; mention the Plague outside of your current company and you'll wish you had died at birth," jumbled the golden horned unicorn, her words more a stream of consciousness as she pondered precisely which of these brier branches had to be swept away to allow Iosui the easiest path out; the corporal attempted to make her final statement as nonchalant as possible, so as not to send the wrong message - she wanted to allow all who were capable into their secret little coven, but there were certain stipulations and respects to be paid, and she would ensure that the little white mare knew her place. Her head lowered, the point of her horn slipping underneath a dangerous branch, and ever so gently, she ushered it aside. She continued to move the more in the way bits of bramble out of the way with her horn as she spoke, "The Gods have gone to solve a problem, their marks of power with them. Surely they will return to us before too long; it was they who placed the lights in the trees, so we would not get lost in their absence."

Illynx was not really all that sure that the Gods would be returning anytime soon, but it was a hope to cling to when the darkness pressed in on her soul and she could bare it no longer. At least she hadn't been stripped of her magic, like many of those who she knew; she had no magic for the void to take. "The hornless choose to steal beings, not stars. Never have a met a beast that could reach them, anyway; perhaps the Moon herself." Her head rose as she completed adjusting the brambles out of the way, stepping delicately to the side to allow Iosui through the newly made hole.
if I only could make a deal with God.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: She Had Such A Pretty Face, I Always Wondered How She Hung Around - by Illynx - 07-18-2013, 10:38 AM