the Rift

[OPEN] Small Poem of Old Friend [Mirage, open]

Ahriman Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

As I rise from the ground where I have fallen, it is an eerie feeling. I am slightly lightheaded, every thought and emotion removed from my being, and my breathing is calm. Actually, it is not there at all, for I need no longer breathe. Glancing down, I notice that my form has changed it's density, transparency has engulfed me, and in this darkness I am barely visible to the naked eye. At first, I am puzzled, trying to reach my muzzle down to touch my left knee, but I feel nothing, there is no knee it seems, just a blur of a figure that I once had. Mulberry gaze shifts to the divine figure of the Moon Goddess, but she had already eluded me, left me lonesome in this the darkest night of my short life. Instead, my eye falls upon a pale figure, peacefully bedded down on the ground before me. It is a shock, you may imagine, when I realize that it is indeed my lifeless body that I am staring at.

I want to swallow the lump in my throat, but there is no throat, no lump. I am but a fragment of what I used to be, a restless soul, floating upon air, robbed of a body to occupy. And I start to sense that this quest, though it may be overwhelming in these early moments, is indeed well chosen for someone seeking the power I hope to possess at the end of this. Stepping forward, or rather levitating actually, I begin to remove myself from the Veins, working everything over in my mind as I float along. The first hurdle will be the need to locate my mother, preferably my siblings as well, but seeing as we are no longer taking permanent residence anywhere, that might prove a bigger challenge than expected. Therefore, I decide to begin by seeking out Mirage, who I grew to love as family while residing under The Qians protection. The guilt of what I will have to bring upon her aches in my chest, but I come to the conclusion that it is for the best - with the powers of a shaman, I shall serve her much more effectively in the future.

And so I move forward, without legs, without form. I cannot be seen, cannot be heard nor smelt, and my feeling of time is much impaired with the moon persistently taking residence in the sky. Warmth or cold did not affect me, nor did wind of rain for that matter, and I could barely tell the seasons were changing when looking upon the lights in the star-spangled canopy above. Reaching the Edge, I cross the borders without effort, passing by a couple of guards that don't sense my presence. It worries me how I shall be able to carry this through, by I hope the emotional connection I share with Mirage is indeed enough to let me communicate with her. My search for the DragonHeart begins, and I am confident it will not take long for me to find her.

precious, precious you've lost your halo
senseless, aimless, you chose your own road

[OOC: So, this is first post in a much delayed magic-quest that Ahriman has gotten. He has to haunt his loved ones and find out their deepest fears - so basically, that is what he is going to try with Mirage :) <3]