the Rift

[OPEN] Lost Hope

Ahi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A h i

This darkness has fazed my lost soul even more than the fact that I had been missing in action. I had gotten lost, wandering around in the forest outside of the Dragon's Throat. I had been dazed and luckily, I had made it back before this eternal darkness swallowed up this world I was now living this... life if you could call it that. I was still partly shocked and this place was showing me no mercy. I came here dazed, wandered dazed, and found myself here.

The beam in the sky was precisely where I was going for. It was giving life to the oasis and was giving my family (could I call them that?) the needed vegetation. However, I also needed to see the Diviner.

Why? I don't know. I felt like right now, I needed reassurance. I felt like right now, I could use someone who might could provide me with more knowledge than I possessed. This was, of course, if she wasn't lost in the darkness as I was despite the light being given off of this beautiful thing.

I approached with caution, keeping my distance in the growing light for if I looked near it, it would probably not help my vision with its contrast in vibrance. My heavy hooves stepped in the sandy ground and looked for the antlered mare.

image credits
table by whit

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni.</style>

The night had chased Onni toward the great pyre of the Dragon's Throat, the holy flames which stretched for miles upward, illuminating the majority of the land. The shaman found that the flickering lights of the fire, along with their warmth, were soothing to her soul, reassuring her that the God of the Sun would return. This night would end. She would not have to fear the shadows which lurk in the darkness, awaiting the chance to tear you to pieces.

Her journey home had been long, even if she had been in the nearby Heart. The only thing that had made the long trek bearable was the awkward, yet kind presence of Kahlua, a sister of the World's Edge. The pair had gotten off on the wrong hoof, but through the grace of an apology and the warmth in each of their hearts, Onni would gamble to say they were at least beginning a friendship. After all, in such times as these, you become closer to others much faster, for situations require a lot more support than you would normally need.

Now, she stood rather relaxed in the light of the fire, back to the flames, pale eyes scouring over the crimson sands of her home before drifting back to her companion, Lyhty. A hoof cocked and wings resting easily on her back, Onni watches the little bird hop and drop his beak, sifting the sand for small insects before picking up his head to glance back at her, a cheerful little trill spilling from his lungs. The shaman smiles. The little bird had been a godsend for her in this new world, where she had none of her old support and friends. Long had she missed the company of her mentor, the friendship of Moth, and the easy patience of Virva. Maybe some day, she would find souls to share her heart with much like she had in Isilme.

For now, she was alone with Lyhty the small little finch.
Until the hoof beats of a stranger reach her ears.

He was heavily built, a tad shorter than her, with large, feathered wings. His mood was calm, from what she could read at this distance, but his steps were uncertain, as if he were searching for something in this land. Onni did not recognize his face, but there were plenty in this realm she had not yet met. If they did not attend meetings, she likely would not recognize them unless they were apt to be wounded - the soldiers, for instance, she could all name.

Letting out a friendly nicker, Onni calls out to this stranger, pale face bright. She begins to step out of her passive posture, walking steadily in his direction before attempt to sidle up beside him. "Hello," she says with a warm smile. "I am Onni. Is there something you are looking for?"

WHAT IS TO GIVE LIGHT MUST ENDURE BURNING.
credits: aquiloniuslupus, hjr-photography, chocomix, and roar-shack-stock @ dA.com
& wolfgangstaudt @ flickr

Ahi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A h i

A nicker and my heavy head was lifted from its spot. My almost violet eyes looked to see the source and a smile grew upon my face once I found it. I had never seen this mare, but she appeared to be one that belonged to the Dragon's Throat. As she approached, I continued walking but more in her direction and soon she was beside me. I was shorter than her but I was very much accustomed to that by now.

I looked at her and saw a small bird with her. I supposed that it was a companion of sorts. From what I had heard, the Gods gifted certain beings with companions. For what reason? I had no clue. If they had a special bond, did that not mean that you were more vulnerable and prone to attacks? Why take another life if you die? Or vice versa? I didn't know.

Her warm words poured into my ears and her warm smile filled my sights as I smiled once more at her, slowing my pace to do a bow/curtsy type thing. I had grown up a gentleman, I would never forget that besides in war... yes, I had left that characteristic behind twice or thrice and probably more. I lost count.

"It is an utmost pleasure to meet you, m'lady. I am Ahi. She asked me of what I was looking for and my ears flicked forward at her and my eyes flickered a bit. Was I supposed to simply tell her that I was seeking reassurance in this hour? I sighed as I continued to walk, my ears not as perked as they were and I looked at her with a shy smile. I wasn't one to talk much.

"I ask that you don't laugh at me but I am simply seeking reassurance in these times of darkness. I have no idea what's going on and I wish for even a small clue or a tick of reassurance. Thus, I am seeking this being titled with the name of Diviner that goes by Avalon. I figured she may be able to help me but I was also told she was much like a hermit and could be found often by the fire that is now this radiant beam of light up ahead."

My violet eyes flicked from hers to the ground as I lowered my head and flicked my tail, wings tucked by my side.

image credits
table by whit

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni.</style>

My company seems willing to join my side, continuing his downtrodded pace but turning more in my direction. This small gesture brings a small illumination of a smile to my lips. I feel at once the joys of a potential friend once more, despite my initial intentions being to help him find whatever it was he had lost.

The formality of a bow is not something I am used to, however, and I fear that my eyes widen slightly in surprise as he takes to a strange position. I attempt to push the waves of uncertainty and questioning off of my pale mask, replacing the same gentle fire of welcoming. Despite being born the daughter of a leader, I have never and would likely never consider myself a lady demanding respectful gestures. I am not my mother, as we all know. Kri is an individual who garners the respect of all around her, while I simply try to avoid their scrutiny. Still, I should be polite to those who freely offer such respect, anyway.

I bow my head in response to him, not quite certain of my ability to kneel as gracefully as him. I have very little practice in the region of curtsies, after all. I chuckle slightly at the thought of being called a lady, amusement racing across my face as I we walk side by side. He seems to be troubled by my question all the more so, which I find to be surprising. Was he not looking for something? I let my sky eyes drift off his face, hoping to relieve some of the tension he is feeling, while Lyhty coos him a strange, small lullaby.

My ears flicker over in his direction as he speaks, a silent offering of my attention despite my eyes which remain face forward. I could understand perfectly his need for comfort in the darkness, for I myself faced demons that loomed in the shadows of my memory. Night. A terrifying time for me, having survived many horrors in the absence of the sun. "I have not seen Avalon," I say honestly, giving him an apologetic look. "However, I believe the Gods have vanished, for I feel no magic in my blood."

A smile greets him, perhaps unexpectedly after that last statement. "I know the Sun will return, though. He loves his children. We must remain brave until then."

WHAT IS TO GIVE LIGHT MUST ENDURE BURNING.
credits: aquiloniuslupus, hjr-photography, chocomix, and roar-shack-stock @ dA.com
& wolfgangstaudt @ flickr