the Rift

lightless

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend

It has been many dark days and darker nights since my arrival in this land, though one can hardly tell the difference between the two anymore. How long had I been here, truly? Days? Weeks? Months? Did I nap at midnight, or sleep at noon? In times such as these one comes to understand just how little the passage of time truly matters; perhaps we are even happier without the sun to guide our days, to define our lives. With his presence we fall into such strict guidelines: we sleep when he sets, and wake when he rises, and eat when he is high in the sky, and dream when he is far below the ground. Without his light we are able to do as we please, when we please, and is that not the true meaning of freedom? And yet we lament his passing as though he were a dear friend, known among us as a kind, gentle spirit with hardly an unjust word to spare.

I have seen worse things in my life than the disappearance of the gods, and so as I wander through the darkness, I am not afraid. My usual meandering is aimless, for all I seek are souls to invite into our little family (I say 'little' hesitantly, for we have grown and shall continue to do so), but on this day - night? - I move with purpose across the land, my cantering hooves beating a brown waltz across my vision. There is little else to disturb my run: the occasional twitter from a bird as I run past, vibrant and fleeting; the quick snap of a limb bending too far a flash of darkness across an even darker landscape. The colours are ordinary, and for once I am glad, for it is so much easier to ignore that which I see every day. I am on the lookout for someone very specific, having been sent to fetch her by Eris.

I was told that Seele had come to the Threshold, and I am not disappointed, finding her among a small group surrounding a stallion without the scent of our realm on him. I glance over him emotionlessly as I arrive by my half-sister's side, staying close enough to show that we were of the same harem, and yet not so close as to provoke her wrath. My gaze continues around the little circle, my brows raising slightly at the sight of a young flicka in our midst. I do so wish that I could remark on the oddity, but it simply will not do to keep Seele waiting now that I have interrupted. "You are needed in the marsh, my sister," I tell her softly, the term of endearment springing easily to my lips, for she is indeed my brethren now whether she knows the extent of it or not. "Eris asks that you come at once. Might I be of service here, in your place?" She gives her consent and departs, and so I am left in the presence of strangers.

I am not privy to the conversation that has taken place prior to my arrival, but if I assume correctly, the steed has been offered at least two, and potentially three, different homes. I am not yet so familiar with these lands that I can place the scents of the other mares, but one smells of heat and sand, and the other of nothing in particular. I make a mental note to ask about the geography, and then set to my current task. "I apologize for the interruption," I say in a silken purr. "My name is Reizend, of the Asylum that Seele no doubt mentioned." Now that I have taken a moment to look at the mares, I can tell that one, at least, is on edge, no doubt because of my half-sister's charms. A small part of me wonders if I might apologize for her behavior, but I decide against it. She clearly cannot be worthy if she is stupid enough to wonder with a babe in tow, and I would not undo the image that Seele wished to portray of herself. Besides, I can't say that I care very much, anyway. "And you are?" My question is primarily directed toward the stallion, but it is left open, so the mares might have the opportunity to speak as well.

"You have no doubt been offered several homes, but might I just say this: what we have in the Asylum is more than just protection, more than just a name. We have a family. We have a support system. We all care for one another and would do anything for one another, and in how many lands can you truly say that about each and every one of your peers? We do not leave anyone out, nor behind; everyone is provided for. I do hope that you will give our home all due consideration."

"Talk talk talk."

[OOC | abba asked me to take this thread over for her, as she will be going on absent and doesn't want to hold anything up. I have her permission to play Seele leaving, and from this point on I will be the voice of the Asylum here. You may skip Seele and continue. :3 ]

Messages In This Thread
lightless - by Eribor - 07-18-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: lightless - by Andromeda - 07-18-2013, 06:01 PM
RE: lightless - by Adrixaura - 07-18-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: lightless - by Seele - 07-18-2013, 06:34 PM
RE: lightless - by Eribor - 07-19-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: lightless - by Andromeda - 07-20-2013, 05:44 PM
RE: lightless - by Adrixaura - 07-22-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: lightless - by Reizend - 07-22-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: lightless - by Eribor - 07-23-2013, 10:42 PM
RE: lightless - by Smoke - 07-24-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: lightless - by Andromeda - 07-24-2013, 09:48 PM