the Rift

[OPEN] [Endless Night] From the mountains cold

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo
I'll eat your worthless little soul
At the gates of hell tonight

The stars had returned to their rightful home in the sky, surely heralding the return of the Goddess of the night. Deep down, Crowley felt a sliver of relief wedge itself in the pit of his chest. Though his relationship with the deity was short-lived thus far, it was relieving to know that she had at least come back from wherever she'd been swept away to. Situated on the peak of the mountains that bordered his home, the Weaver gazed skyward for those first few precious moments, simply taking in the sight that he'd started to think he might never see again. 'Rhiannon will be happy when she wakes,' the brindle thought to himself as he observed the twinkling of the stars above, although he knew it wouldn't be near as comforting as the aurora borealis was to the filly. A gentle sigh left his lips; at least something had happened.

But what happened next, Crowley couldn't have ever imagined. A roar sounded somewhere in the vast expanse of the Steppe, reverberating throughout the tundra and beckoning for a challenge. Not a second later, the very mountains trembled in its wake, sending drifts of snow rolling down the face of the mountain where it eventually met the ground with a forceful crash. The snow had nearly taken him with it, but a swift move to the side had him standing on a flat of rocks before it could send him tumbling to his death.

It was then that he saw it, the monster that had crawled from the deepest hole of the earth. It was huge and scaly, resembling the form of a dragon from what he could see, though it lacked the wings of one. In one fell swoop of its tail, it leveled a sizable dune of snow and was already working at taking out timbers as if they were nothing. It let out another horrendous call, and from its mouth poured a glowing, sparking substance.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Down the hill went the Weaver, ever mindful of where he stepped lest he end himself before he even got to the fight. Once on solid, unsloping ground, Crowley bolted off into a gallop to close the distance between himself and the scaly atrocity. As I ran, I could hear the pitter-patter of another being behind me. With a quick glance, I saw that Talbot had come to join me, and I couldn't help the small grin of pride that wound itself across my lips; the pup had grown considerably since his hatching, and today, we would fight our first battle side by side.

Crowley wasn't the first to arrive on the scene. There were nearly six others from what he could tell, and if he counted the wolf that was amongst the other Aurorans. Most familiar to his eyes were the forms of Arah and Illynx, who were charging fearlessly towards the beast and attempting to go for its legs. The stallion didn't stop in his charge like some had, knowing that time was precious in this situation. Unlike the others, his horns were suitable for stabbing, ripping and tearing, so he had to come up with other means of attacking.

The memory of the return of the Moon and her stars brought a sort of realization to the Weaver. Putting all of his focus into the behemoth, drooling monster, Crowley could feel the reconnection of his magic as it began to flood once more through his veins. Meeting the terrifying eyes of the monster, Crowley fired the magic away at the beast with the intent to paralyze it, if even for a moment, so that the others may have a chance to get away or land their harsh attacks. Instantly he felt a scar etch itself into his underbelly, causing him to grimace, but it wasn't enough to stop him.

Making a wide arch around the beast, Crowley was trying to get to the creature's left hind leg while Talbot kept on going, determined to get to the tail. When Crowley reached the hind leg, if he made it that close, he twisted his head to the right in an attempt to drag the tip of his horns across the scaly surface as he passed it by. After, he popped his hind up and kicked out at the creature's leg, before leaning right and trying to distance himself before the beast could crush him.

Meanwhile, Talbot had zoned in on the tail of the beast, and if he was successful in reaching it, he aimed to bury his teeth into any part that was accessible. The young hound knew it was unlikely to cause it much pain, but even if he could serve as a minor distraction for the rest of the group, then he was willing to do anything for the sake of his family.

"Talk talk talk."

[ooc - Sends magic at the monster to try and still it for as long as he can. Goes for the back left leg, tries to drag horns across it then kicks out at it, then tries to distance himself from the monster. Talbot goes for its tail and tries to bite into it.]
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Ruka - 07-20-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Leovan - 07-20-2013, 05:59 AM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Ayaka - 07-20-2013, 07:59 AM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Crowley - 07-20-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Ruka - 07-26-2013, 11:25 AM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Ayaka - 07-27-2013, 08:07 AM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Leovan - 07-27-2013, 07:10 PM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Leovan - 07-29-2013, 10:25 AM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Ruka - 08-01-2013, 08:26 PM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Ayaka - 08-03-2013, 07:54 AM