the Rift

[OPEN] [Endless Night] From the mountains cold

Leovan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Leovan
I hurdled through the dunes of white, dense shoulders flexing under the coat of skin, pelt and constant movements. Not unlike the valve gears perpetual path of motion on a train’s suspension. The wind howled past my ears in feeble complaints of my brash flight across the steppe, but little were they heeded, little did I care of their warnings. Until it hit me. A swoosh of air, pulsations of pain, cries of wind replaced by a ringing sensation deep within the pain center of my cranium. I blinked, rolled my eyes, blinked again, rolled my eyes once more. The chaos before me unwired, unicorns blurrily dancing as flies on a carcass before the legs of the dragoon beast. The roars of pain as it whacked after the equine nuisances, all in the cliché haze of drowsy motions. Heavy breaths and thumps of heart; a duet of unmatchable harmony signaled me back to reality as it gained momentum, grasping my mind into the right place and pace of actuality. It all had transpired in the matter of mere seconds. The tail had soared too low in order to be dodged, but with a sliding halt I had managed to angle my body into a halfheartedly rear, bracing myself for the impact. I regained my foothold once more, just as a weird looking canine type of, erhm, thing, jumped up before me. With no time to evaluate any damage I might have received, I chased in lost seconds despite a stinging sensation searing from my right flank, somewhere I could not pinpoint. I was afraid, well, not truly afraid in such a context, but it nagged me to be thought a coward if I lagged too far behind, like a hand shy of a second bite. Within range of the left hind leg I attempted to rotate my head low enough to gain crucial impetus, and strike true as I heaved it in an upwards direction. Knock, knock motherf*****.

OOC: Trying out different narrative perspectives, sorry. xD
[Gets hit by the tail which leaves a stretched gash (not too deep) on his right flank. Recovers from the daze and comes underneath the monster. Tries to tear a horizontal rift inside the left hind leg.]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Ruka - 07-20-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Leovan - 07-20-2013, 05:59 AM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Ayaka - 07-20-2013, 07:59 AM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Ruka - 07-26-2013, 11:25 AM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Ayaka - 07-27-2013, 08:07 AM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Leovan - 07-27-2013, 07:10 PM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Leovan - 07-29-2013, 10:25 AM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Ruka - 08-01-2013, 08:26 PM
RE: [Endless Night] From the mountains cold - by Ayaka - 08-03-2013, 07:54 AM