the Rift

[OPEN] [Endless Night] From the heart of the world
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia saw something stir in the fires of the world, and her eyes narrowed ever so slightly. "Tinek, what do you see," she whispered. The dragon chirped and took flight, turning his head suddenly as the stars over head began to sparkle. Phi, stars. he said. The pale princess turned her gaze skyward, smiling as the black sky returned to life. From behind thick clouds, the moon was beginning to show through the cracks. The goddess had returned and brought with her the beautiful night. Shards of the lost stone that had permanently caught in her mane and tail began to sparkle again, brightly, making Ophelia's pale, white coat almost glow in the light of the bright moon.

The silver twisted into the sky, crimson orbs able to see farther now with the lamp trees and the moon providing light. Monster.... from fire. Ophelia furrowed her brows and kicked off from the ground, cloven hooves sending dirt flying in her wake. What monster? Me.... no wings.... fat. Phi snorted in amusement and shook her head, moving in the direction of the flames. She was forever a moth, drawn to the power of the sun despite his every effort to keep her at bay.

Already many were there, including Roskuld. Eagles began to chase a pegasus who seemed to come after the pinto mare she had met once before. "Tinek, help with the dark flying one, please," she called. The dragon obeyed, opening the stance of his wings to climb to his level. Silver scales flashed through the sky and the beast opened his jaws filled with serrated, pearly fangs, talons extended to crash headlong into one of the eagles and tear it from the sky. Ophelia moved forward, heading straight toward her daughter and sending a prayer to her father for safety and protection.

The monster was indescribable in its size and mass, but the crimson and pale mare danced with the brute anyway. She moved to Roskuld's position, smiling affectionately at her daughter. "Be safe, for me, please," she murmured before jumping onto the back of the creature's tail and swiftly letting her cloven toes guide her up its spine. She was not too far from the ground, not as far as she had been before on the paths through the mountains. A fall would be detrimental, but certainly not perilous. Ophelia fell to her knees and tilted her head, aiming to drive the spiraled horn straight between the vertebrae of its back.

Regardless of if her aim was true, she swiftly moved back down the tail and then returned to the ground, legs pumping hard to put some distance between herself and the monster. Her dual colored gaze looked over her shoulder and she made a wide circle, returning back to the flank of the beast, tossing her head to use her weapon as a sword and slash along its belly and hind leg.

Image by Yumpy @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Endless Night] From the heart of the world - by Ophelia - 07-22-2013, 10:25 AM
RE: [Endless Night] From the heart of the world - by Hespera - 07-22-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: [Endless Night] From the heart of the world - by Hespera - 07-26-2013, 08:33 PM