the Rift

[OPEN] [Endless Night] From the heart of the world
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia felt the way her horn sliced open the beast again, and she cried out in pain at the sensation of the lava blood burning the area around her forehead near the base of her horn. Alarm bells rang. Tinek had managed to tear out the eye of the creature, and she listening to his strangled cry of triumph as he fought against strange, scalding smoke.

The scales that protected his body scorched and left black marks, making him look like a dark gray dragon with red eyes and horns. Swiftly, the beast curled his legs to his body and brought his wings in, diving quickly and away from the strange, lizard shaped smoke. He was not a fire breather. Not in the least. He could not protect himself as naturally against flame as he could the cold and the spark of shock.

Tinek let out a mournful cry, warning Ophelia to try and avoid the charcoal colored monsters. The distraction was almost fatal. Without Roskuld's movement, the pale mare may not have seen the large hand swipe down at her at all. Instead, she was able to leap most of the way away, looking at the now opened side and wondering how they could exploit this opening.

Why was it doing this? Ophelia tried to enter its mind, staying far enough away from the talons and tails for safety. What she heard was not what she expected. A loud, grinding white noise with a high-pitched whine met her ears, indicating that she did indeed have access to the mind again, but something was interfering with her abilities. The sound was so loud that she cried out, ears pinning against her skull. Finally, she was able to cut off the horrible noise and then launched herself into action, following Vikram's attack on the horse's side to, hopefully, deliver a fatal blow between the ribs.

Image by Yumpy @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Endless Night] From the heart of the world - by Hespera - 07-22-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: [Endless Night] From the heart of the world - by Hespera - 07-26-2013, 08:33 PM
RE: [Endless Night] From the heart of the world - by Ophelia - 08-02-2013, 09:21 AM