the Rift

[OPEN] [Endless Night] Green Wrath

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The mountains begin to rumble.

Small rocks quake, then larger stones, followed soon by boulders which topple like grains of sand from the peaks. A great tearing, like hundreds of bones cracking simultaneously, roars through the small valley between the mountains. A figure begins to emerge from amidst the mountain face, features forming from the soil and stones themselves.

A large body, easily the size of a large hill, steps away into the valley at the foot of the Heavenly Fields. Legs built from dark, deep soil and hard stones lining limbs like armor. Between musculature of the creature and its joints, water seems to pour and soak the earth below, sizzling like acid upon the ground where it walks. Upon its back and head, trees grow and whistle around in the wind of the night. A bellow of a calling emerging from the earthen chest, laden with rock and mosses, reaching out to the ears of anyone who would be listening.

From heavy, thick brows of the earth, glowing green eyes glare out at the world. Who would face a demon of the earth? Who would put him to rest before he had an opportunity to destroy the hope of this world?

[Four monsters are appearing across the lands. Your character can choose to only respond to one monster since they are appearing simultaneously in four separate locations]

[You may choose to attack in the first post if you wish!]

Merakerr Posts: 24
World's Edge Philosopher
Mare :: Other :: 3 ft :: 6
Kachie
The creature's challenge was answered, from the most unlikely of sources. In the wake of its roar, in the unnatural stillness that overcame the common life, came a shriek of defiance. Pale as the newly risen moon, poised in the air like another star, was a gryphon.

While normally a pacifist, a creature who would rather allow the petty wars of her equid counterparts to rise and fall around her, this was no time to stand aside. Even her gaze, usually so focused on the cycles of life and the foundations thereof, could tell that there was something deeply, innately wrong about the titanic monstrosity that rose into being from the heart of the mountains. That wrong must be rectified, and she wasn't above getting her talons dirty to do a litle fixing herself.

Golden eyes flash as she studies the beast of rock and stone and water. It was sturdy, its figure hard yet fluid. Her attention was drawn both toward those virulent green eyes and the small forest that grew on its back. She wondered who else would have the daring to face this beast, and hoped someone would. Someone to keep its attention drawn away from one lightly built gryphon.

Determined, her wings beat against the air, carrying her well above the strange creature as she approached. Then she dove, plummeting out of the sky. Her goal was the trees upon the creature's back, her thought to see if there was some weak spot where hooved creatures could not easily reach. Belatedly she hoped this creature could not reach above itself, could not reach around to brush her away like she would a pesky insect. But she was too far to turn back now.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d’Artagnan watches on, his nose half lost in the grass he was quite vigorously grazing and now frozen as he witnesses the mountains shaking. Stones turned to boulders and quite alarmingly the situation went from bad to worse, the shade’s head shot up with legs firmly planted in the ground, frowning as the mountain seemed to wake from an endless slumber. Bones cracking away the mold and a roar that made the Mender grimace and the growls that ripped from his hound’s mouth quite easily smothered. The crimson stallion gazes out with emotionless perception, as the overgrown monster makes its first steps, before turning back to observe the ground and sighing under his breath. ”I really need to stop eating weird shit, these hallucinations are getting ridiculous.” He looked thoughtfully to the moon that had appeared and then back to the monster in which he found another rather strange creature, considerably smaller, but equally weird in appearance, shaking his head quite woefully. ”You’ve quite outdone yourself this time d’Artagnan.”

It wasn't until the monster reached the foot of the path that the Nightshade decided to do something about it, even though it was just a dream, and he wasn't about to let a bird do all the fighting. Cloven hooves struck the air as he reared in defiance, a flash of inky black streaming out ahead as Aramis dived down the path and lunged for the creatures feet. Teeth aiming to tear away at it’s feet before he sprinted off when his bonded came close. d’Artagnan lurched to a halt, watching as the water seemed to burn the ground and he took two steps back in revulsion, analyzing the best way to get close to it without being seared by its acid. It was then he felt almost a click, the magical power he once possessed had recently been detached from him, d’Artagnan could not use it at all, not even his healing. Yet that otherness had returned, it filled his body with darkness and a familiar power returned to him whilst he gazed up at the moon.

Why is it always you? A thought both helpless and bitter, he wanted nothing else to do with her and yet he always needed her. The Nightshade sighed, the dye was cast and he’d chosen his paths, there was nothing left but to simply accept his choices and fight on. Mismatched gaze searched for the piercing green of the monster and he drowned himself in the depths of darkness and magic, sending it outwards in attempt to fill the overgrown brute’s body with lethargy, hoping to disrupt it’s movements and shake its balance. d’Artagnan grimaced as weariness began to nibble at his senses, he had not used magic for weeks and quite easily he had forgotten the toll it took on his own body. Hoping it had worked or the bird had somehow found an opening, the shade ceased his flow of magic and breathed out heavily as Aramis appeared by his side.
Bitter crimson tears flow from lifeless eyes

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

The rumbling beguiled Deimos, casting a moth to the dangerous flame, an empowered being craving anarchy, hostility, animosity in the absence of tumultuous ether. Blood for blood, wound for wound, pressing and destroying, ruination caught in his core. He stalked the midnight oils like a starving cretin, thirsty and hungry for the tearing of flesh, the gnawing of bone from enamel, muscle and sinew, the ripping chords of insurrect beings. Forever a Reaper, chiseled and sculpted for the finery of death, demise and cruelty, silent, chilling opus pulsating, pervading, beating the vibrant, malicious chords of sedition. His splendor was the sharpened decadence of quietus, the slinking, silenced drum of hearts ceasing, of blood pausing, trickling from gaping wounds, of rampant, delicious, fervent wreckage. The beast yearned, desired, for the hollowed reverie of collisions, of annihilation, of discord wrapped, choking, smothering, across the vast plains, of violence shrieking and crossing, tangling and distorting, the vacant hallways and the Stygian dusk. A craving invoked, ignited, again and again by the awakened behemoth marching in his sights, laboring across the valley, stone, rubble and glade, misaligned, snarled, beckoning for the glory, the deliverance, the absolution of its untimely disintegration. Each bellow brought him closer, each discordant echo urged the statue onward, beckoned and enticed, a coaxing marvel asking for Satan’s grasp, Mephistopheles’s hand, the infernal ardor of a nefarious lancer. The singeing rapture of his magic called to him from the deep, shackled corridors of its restless rasps, restrained for so long in the midst and absence of incantations, curses and necromancy – begging for release. Seeking liberation, a victim, a focus, to plunge its knife, to score its dagger, to mottle and stain its swords, cast from the threads of an ancient, arcane reticence. His eyes caught the individuals positioned amongst the gathered armaments, a winged being floating towards the moving mass, the Time Mender bending the whims of whatever immersed creation billowed inside of him. He offered a mere, silent gesture to D’art, before proceeding further into the tainted parlors of entropy, murdering the field in his wake. The General molded his movements, sinuous, bending and serpentine, away from the others, because they fought for the same cause and to create more casualties would be a foolish notion, no matter how much blood he yearned to spill. Calamity sharpened and kindled within the resonating twist of his entity, rushed and gliding, finally unburdened from their rancorous shell, flowing in a twisting, curving, silent arch, towards the beast. A whisper of death, longing to strangle, suppress, restrain, and obliterate, unraveled from the core of his sinister upheaval.

[Seeing D'art and Merakerr nearby, Deimos concentrates on sending his death magic only toward the monster.]

Saga Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Saga
In the dark you tell me of a flower
that only blooms in the violet hour

Saga was following the rise of the moon. It was the first sign of light outside of the lamp trees that she had seen since she entered Helovia and watched her last sunset at it's borders. She raced through the night, until she reached an opening and could view the mountain in the distance. She had only been standing there a heartbeat before the ground begun to tremble and something otherworldly erupted from it's womb. Instinctively, Saga raised up on her stout hind quarters throwing her head back in surprise. What the hell is that thing?! Her mind reeled with uncertainty. Saga landed back to the ground with a thunk. Her violet eyes shifted instantly over the land to see if she could make out any other creatures, but she saw only the one. It was large and loud, something that was intimidating when shoved into one package.

It did not take long for the beating of wings to reach her lobes, which stood at attention. It was like the beating war drums; How very appropriate. Saga stood back apprehensive at first, then she caught site of the two other unicorns. Both she new were from the Basin, but she had not met them yet. She took a deep breath trying to figure out what it was she wanted to do. She could always take the cowards way out and run, but she knew that it was simply not an option. This creature was big enough it would only be a matter of time before it reach any safe haven she found. Glaring upwards, she looked for any structural weakness, and found nothing. It did honestly seem a little fruitless to try. Perhaps, if they all worked together they could at least find it's weakness, if it had one.

Saga watched as each drew up their own plans and course of action. Well, there goes that idea, but all was not lost. She headed back into the forest in search of a vine long enough the reach around the demon spawn. She had no magic to use against it; So, she had to become a little more creative. But she would have to enlist the help of the others that littered this new battlefield. She searched all through the forest, finally finding a vine she thought might would work. It is not as long as I would like, but it will have to do. It did at least seem nice and sturdy as she chewed through the thick skin of the vine. Wrapping it up as best she could; She picked it up, and race out towards the General and where D'art stood catching his breath.

It was not much, but it was all she had.

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

My mind was laden with guilt as thoughts of Roskuld continued to plague me. On the first night that darkness had taken over the land of Helovia, I had found her heading south, downtrodden with confusion and uncertainty. I couldn't blame her for the way she had reacted, for she had learned much within those few precious moments we'd spent together, as had I. I'd done my best to explain to her just what a God was and what we, as demi-gods, were meant to do in their absence. The answer was one that I didn't know, and I remembered clearly the pain that wrought itself onto my sister's face. At the same time, I had learned she was the child of a God I did not know, and she had learned the same about me. Ophelia was not my blood mother, and that fact had been difficult for my little sister to swallow.

Though not bound by blood, I would always consider us close enough to it, and never would I drop the title of 'sister' in regards to the stocky yearling I loved so dearly. Words could not describe the turmoil I had felt as I watched her bolt away from me all those nights ago, but only after claiming that she sucked and wishing for me to tell both Ophelia and Ranjiri goodbye. My heart had twisted on itself that night, strangling me, screaming at me to take off after her and demand she stay in the Foothills turning this dangerous time. But no matter how loud every instinct yelled at me to move after her, I couldn't bring myself to do so. Even as a yearling, Roskuld was free to make her own decisions and do as she pleased. So long as she remained safe and promised to return, who was I to stop her?

A heavy sigh left my lips as I tried to push the thoughts out of my head. I ought to be happy tonight, for the stars - thus, my Mother - had seemed to return to her rightful Kingdom in the sky. The twinkling stars above brought a certain comfort that only I surely knew, and despite my forlorn demeanor, I was inexplicably happy to see light returning to the pitch sky. The presence of the Moon was only more beautified at the peak of the Heavenly Fields where I currently found myself. In the back of my mind, I wished for Mother to descend from her midnight throne and confide in me that I had done well in her absence, that I had not failed her, but I supposed I would be selfish to demand her immediate attention. I didn't know what had taken her and the other deities away from Helovia, and I wasn't about to bark at the moon, so to speak, demanding answers.

Just as I was about to turn and head back for my Foothills home, the earth began to quake beneath my feet. Immediately I stepped backwards, emitting a sharp snort as the rocks strewn about the ground rattled and rolled off the slope of the impressive hill. To keep myself from being further jostled by the quaking earth, I spread rarely used wings and lifted myself just a few yards from the ground, snapping my gaze every which way in an attempt to try and find what was causing this. Surely it was no earthquake... The noise that broke through the air then was absolutely horrendous, instantly sending my ears back against my skull to try and deafen the atrocious sound. It had little effect, though, and not a moment later, I had bigger things to worry about anyways.

It was bigger than any living thing I had ever lain eyes on before, standing close to the height of the very hill I was now hovering over. Bursting through the face of a nearby mountain it came, its features made up of the very landscape I was so used to seeing with each visit to this favored spot of mine. Thanks to the newly lit sky, I could make out the figures of others further up ahead of me, already charging at the behemoth and launching their own attacks. No doubt this beast wanted to harm those that called this land home, maybe even destroy it beyond that. Even from where I was, I could hear a sickening hiss from the acidic water that poured from the creature's joints. It was as unnatural and unearthly as the call that rang from its earthen chest.

This ancient creature had size and power on its side. I was young and still growing, not even the size of its foot. I had nothing but determination and the blood of my Mother to help me.

There was no way of telling who the others were even as I took off towards the creature; it was unbeknownst to me that it was my own father standing down there and fighting, for now was not the time to try and figure out who my comrades were in this battle to save Helovia from utter destruction. Onward I flew, catching the sound of another's wingbeats as I neared the demonic creature. I caught only a quick glimpse of my fellow warrior, who bore a curious appearance of a large bird with a leonine tail and paws. I didn't know who they were, but I wished them the best of luck during this trial.

Just as I was closing in on the monstrous being, I summoned the use of my magic, disappearing completely in the hands of darkness only to reappear in the face of the creature, repeating the action several times. To it, I might have been mimicking an annoying fly, but my plan was to distract it as others performed their own attacks. My own attack was deployed soon enough, when I appeared once more and attempted to kick out at its right eye, praying that my hooves would make contact with it. Whether it was successful or not, I made to disappear again, and if I should escape any sort of attack, I would appear once more at the top of its head. Here, I figured it could not reach me, and I could plan my next attack accordingly.

"talk."

[ooc - Mesec disappears and reappears several times in front of the monster's face, trying to distract it for the rest. He reappears and attempts a kick into the monster's right eye, and then reappears on the top of its head if he is not stopped.]

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

I was simply traveling the roads of the night, leaving a wake of raised grass plucking from beneath the snow behind me. My father had gave me this quest, to feed the hungry, to save the wanderers of our land, but, more importantly, to save the land itself. Without the life-force of my father so near, the plants seemed to succomb faster to the chill of winter. In the absence of the sun, they had no power to grant themselves the life they normally would. It fell to me, walking with even steps, across the massive scope of Helovia, tending to the wilted beings which were the base of all other life.

As I paused beside a lantern tree, I happened to glance up toward the sky. I notice for a moment the glorious brilliance of the stars before I remember they had been missing. The moon, milky and distant, is a comfort to my heart. I knew that father had not yet returned, but the appearance of the Moon was reassurance that they would return. I smile to myself, but, in that moment, all hell breaks loose.

The earth under my bronze hooves begins to quake and clatter with a force I do not remember ever feeling. I stumble and fall to my knees, feeling the earth be torn in the quakes. With wide, bicolored eyes I look up in horror to see the massive figure appearing to "step" away from the face of the mountain. What in the world? I rise to my feet and gawk at the incredulous monster, his voice ringing through the air and calling us to battle. In my heart, I feel the uneasy shake of fear for a moment. Finally, the bronze of my spirit forms enough grit to ring true in my chest. Before my mind entirely catches up, my legs are set to motion, and I run forward into the fray.

I launch my figure into the air on steady wings, pale mane whipping about like rushing rapid waters, my ears slicked back and lost in the waves. My face adopts are rarely seen determination, lids narrow. From my chest, a snort erupts in new found excitement. Whatever fire I held in my veins was given by my mother, our similarities finally realized in this dire hour. As I near the site, I notice a dark figure appear and evaporating in the air, one I recognize as Mesec. Shooting down from the sky is a creature the likes I have only seen once, at the side of the dark, moon painted mare in the Edge. This one look larger, with a more impressive wingspan.

Below, movement catches my eye. Moonlight glints off several sets of horns, and I am immediately reminded of Faelene. It is then that I get an idea, a blessed idea from the mouth of the crimson maned lady spoken in the rim of this very mountain peak. My voice, she thought, could control the movement of the earth. Having realized that I am the son of a God, this is no longer too much of a stretch for me to make. Hovering in the air, I bellow down to the unicorns a warning. "Steady yourselves down there, friends!"

Then, I open my mouth to release a shaking song, my vocals loud and heavy in the air:

"We fly without fear
Through the valley of shadows
Waging our war against evil
In your world!
"

When the rumbling of the earth resounded in my ears, I dove forth toward the great mountain beast, aiming my solid, bronze hooves toward the back of the beast, attempting to shove him over while the ground at his feet was unsteady, taking care to avoid the masses of trees peering out from his shoulders. With any luck, I would be able to bring him to the reaches of my ground-bound allies.

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
Time Flies - Time Dies
Truth like a blazing Fire
</style>

He had been on his way back home when the scent of danger made the hair rise along his spine. It was a smell of enemies, of danger, darkness and magic, a prickly disgusting odor that made the stallion stop dead in his tracks. It was all too familiar, that scent. It had lingered for ages in a certain part of the Edge after hosting a lethal foe, and he himself had reeked of it by the time the fight had been over. Never in all his life would Lace forget it, nor would he be able to let go of the fear the memory of the Reaper awoke in him. Partly hesitant, partly eager the equine altered his course and began weaving his path through the forested region, heading past the borders of his homeland and instead westwards and up towards the towering plateau that still retained some small amount of greenery.

That was about to change, however. Lace had barely had time to find the trail of the Basin general before the earth came alive beneath his feet. The mountains themselves shook and writhed as though in agony, and with wide eyes and a worried dragon circling around his head the silver-maned grulla struggled to keep on his feet. Concern roiled in his gut, stronger as a sound of heavy footfalls belonging to a creature too massive for this world resounded through the star-pierced darkness. Fajira took off before he'd even had a chance to consider what was happening, and with a muttered curse the crafter had no choice but to follow her in a sharp canter, deftly making his way up along the rocky path.

He emerged over the edge onto a field swept in chaos. Golden eyes were immediately drawn towards the most eye-catching thing, the giant monster seemingly crafted from the very earth itself. Glowing green eyes sent chill after dreadful chill down his back, but upon seeing how several horses - including Deimos, he knew that death-bringer was around - were battling against the beast, Lace was loath to back away like some coward. How could he, so called warrior and proud member of Qian, turn his back on something that was so obviously not part of this world?

Swallowing his own fear he gritted the teeth and leaped forth as close as he could get to the giant without being trampled, stumbling and careening as Hototo's song made the earth heave and tremble. Taking in the efforts of the unicorns, the hybrids and the gryphon he knew to reside on the cliffs of the Edge, Lace placed himself near where he hoped the giant might fall and felt a surge of heat wash through him, one that was much too strong to be adrenaline alone. Gritting his teeth the gold-blessed horse endured and reluctantly allowed the newly awoken magic to burst forth, feeling as though he himself was being set on fire.

Focusing on the giant, Lace watched to his own surprise how a ball of flames began to take form in the air before him, shining blindingly bright like a miniature sun. It was erratic in nature, swelled and shrunk in a manner that seemed very unstable and spread a searing heat through the air that made him sweat along with the effort of controlling the force of the magic. Much like the slippery green plants beneath water it felt, as though the magic itself was covered in a sickening, slippery oil. It was hard to maintain it, sweat burst forth and darkened the gray coat on neck and shoulders - he hissed in agony as a drop of the acid liquid falling from the giant hit his rump, eating its way into his flesh before he could do anything about it.

Then a particularly strong tremor made the stallion loose balance, and with a shocked gasp he fell to the ground, loosing his breath as the chest collided with cold, dying soil. His grasp on the magic slipped and at once the little sun began to expand at a rapid pace, threatening to engulf both the giant and all the combatants around... and without a sound it exploded, sending a wave of red-hot flames in all directions - towards the horrified Lace who felt searing heat eat its way into his underbelly and side, singing hair and skin alike, towards the glaring eyes of the giant, and towards all those on the ground that didn't have time to move out of the way.

With a groan the stallion closed his eyes, unwilling to look at the disaster he had caused. Please, he prayed silently where he writhed on the ground, whimpering from the ridiculous pains the flames caused, let it have done some good at least...

[ooc: Lace moves to the front of the battle, placing himself where the giant might land if Hototo succeeds. Summons a miniature sun, that explodes and burns everyone in a 20 ft radius, including Lace himself. He's also injured by a drop of the acid water that lands on his rump.]

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Helovian Ancient

The ancient beast lets out a massive roar at the sight of the small beasts, pouring out from the woods into the small mountains like droplets of water. Reaching out a massive limb toward d'Artganan, the creature might accidentally knock into him while reaching for a doe a few feet behind, terrified into rapt attention. The beast grasps the creature, clutching it tightly in his fingers before dragging it closer to his mouth, engulfing the life of the poor deer in moments.

Then, he glares down at the rest of the food.

Unfortunately for the Nightshade, his magic only aids the massive beast. The acid rain circulating his body and pouring from every exposed crevice has a higher condensed about of poison, leaving it to splash out toward any who gather close below, hissing as it touches any living plants.

The clawed feet of Merakerr make purchase, tearing into the precious bark on the back of the foul creature. A mangle cry wretches through its maw, and a massive hand reaches around to swat at its back, treating the gryphon like an overgrown fly. Damn those pesky things!

Glaring, jade eyes dance around the area before catching on the flickering frame of Mesec. Frustrated, the beast grasps around in the air around his face, unable to capture the moonlit prince. The antics of the Moon's son distract the beast long enough for Deimos's magic to slither its way into the body of the earth mover. The massive body of the creature is not killed by the puny horse's magic, but he is made dizzy, his eyes beginning to blur and his peripheral vision shot. The movements he makes are also slackened, wobbly, and unstable. Distracted by the change of sensations, Mesec's kick hits his right eye directly, a huge emerald exploding out of the socket and falling directly toward Saga, carrying a vine.

Another roar rings through the air, one of pain and hatred. The beast makes desperate steps forward, his massive feet coming dangerously close to the earthbound assailants, Lace included.

The sound of singing causes the beast to turn, huge feet uneasy, body swinging wildly about with trees creaking in the self-made wind. A large hand swats out toward Hototo, whose voice begins to cause the earth to tremble below. The already unsteady foe falls to its knees, the left which crushes upon an exploding ball of fire, dislodging the better part of the limb. This is not without danger, for the leg spews a geyser of acid water, aiming for any within its reach.

[NO MORE MAY JOIN AFTER THIS POINT.]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

Hell had already broken loose the moment that the massive beast stepped from the face of the mountain, but within seconds, the tyranny of this thing seemed to magnify.

Everything seemed to intertwine together as I kept myself steady in the cool wind currents; a dreadful hissing sent my ears flat against my neck, and with a quick glance to the ground that was so far below me, I watched as some sort of liquid spewed from the creature's very body and hit the ground, devouring what life was left in the earth. I could only hope that my unknown allies would keept their wits about them and find themselves able enough to avoid getting hit by the hissing slop.

Much to my joy, my own attack landed, hooves making direct contact with the earth mover's right eye. From the socket drops a hefty emerald that rocketed towards the ground, heading straight for the bay body of a mare I did not know. "From above; look out!!" I called out towards my black-maned ally, hoping that whoever she may be would heed my warning and move away before she was knocked crudely in the head. If she did not, it would surely be quite a mess for all to witness, but nothing compared to what this monster could and would do if we didn't stop it here and now.

As my hooves found placement on top of the beast's head, it was quickly decided that it might not have been the best of ideas. Beneath me, I could feel every twitch of muscle, if it even possessed such anatomy, and I struggled to keep my footing. It was when I caught a hauntingly beautiful melody on the wind that I looked up, catching sight of the grullo and bronze tribrid I remembered as Hototo. As each word left his mouth, the ground began to tremble and sent the behemoth swaying and reaching out, trying his best to grab ahold of my Foothills brethren. Deciding that it would be best to remove myself from my perch before it became even more unstable, I spread my wings and took to the air just as the creature buckled to its knees.

Luckily for me, I didn't feel the pain of the acidic geyser as I left it behind, hoping that nobody else would have to experience what would surely be excruciating. Circling around in the air to face the downed creature once again, I focused my sight on the remaining left eye of the earthly beast, and allowed the shadows to consume me until there was nothing left of me. When I appeared again, I would hopefully find myself in the face of my foe, kicking out forcefully in attempt to rid it of its sight.

Truth be told, a part of me didn't like dismantling this creature of the earth, but it would bring the land to its demise if we let it be.

"talk."

[ooc - Flies off from the monster's head, disappears and reappears in front of its face, and tries to kick the left eye.]

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Merakerr Posts: 24
World's Edge Philosopher
Mare :: Other :: 3 ft :: 6
Kachie
Fleetingly, peripherally, the young gryphon was aware of others gathering, glimpsing flashing wings as she plunged downward. Sharp talons dug into the creature's back as she made contact, crunching bark. Ear tufts laid back as the creature wailed in pain in protest, the sheer volume being an irritant, and then she felt the creature shift beneath her.

Immediately she sprung forward in several leaping bounds, wings folded close to her sides as she darted amidst the trees that grew upon the beast's back. A tremendous crashing noise behind her alerted the gryphon to the fact that her assumption was correct. It could reach around and hit its back. Not exactly good news, but news. Forward she moved, seeking where head and neck should be, adjusting rapidly each time the 'ground' beneath her talons and paws lurched and shifted. It must be trying to catch someone.

Surprisingly, the creature's movements begin to slow, become less predictable. Someone working magic? More lurching, and the young gryphon crouched down to preserve her precarious perch as the thing swept around at the sound of singing. Then it lurched forward suddenly, dislodging her grasp. A squawk escaped Merakerr then, as she grasped at a tree to steady herself. It fell! What sort of allies came to this battle? Somewhat amazed, she quickly returned to her earlier intent, surging down the slope. Glimpsing her target, she let loose another shriek and pounced, talons and beak intent upon tearing into the back of the creature's neck.

Heather

Corrosive battlements shaped the foundation of their savage siege as Deimos watched from a distance. His piercing stare captured the flames of the action, witnessed the scattering of frames twisting and turning against the monster, a strange formation of souls that would otherwise be grinding enemies, unleashing friction and demolition upon each other instead of a mountainous beast. In another moment, another time, they’d have tormented one another, fed by war, by discord, by anarchy and animosity. Some creatures he recognized, like the Edge’s Lace, but he ultimately ignored the Glazier, for the moment had nothing to do with him, or the unleashed barbs they’d wound upon each other for liberation, for oubliettes, and fixated attention upon the assaults driven. Flying beasts cast into the skies, fluttering and floating about the behemoth’s head (at least they served a purpose), and so the Reaper pondered over how he would unveil his next act of violence. It was protection and disorder consuming, fortifying, swallowing him until he merely wanted naught more than the harsh, capricious innards of battle, the clawing chaos and the menacing mayhem. The rounds of deadly magic, contorting and fueling his veins, had weakened the foe, but he craved the contortions, the upheaval, the fervent tirades, the toxic relish, and the seditious gleam of his sword cutting into flesh. As his movements were prompted, two things erupted into his machinations, interrupting his calculated steps. Another stag of the sky uttered invoking stanzas, concocting a rubble, a quake, beneath his feet, and he ceased all motions, struggled to balance his footing, stared as the ogre had difficulty doing the same. Then, Lace, foolish and inane, seemingly flared, became an explosion of vibrant fuel and flame, unleashing and surrounding foe and temporary allies (had he no brain matter lodged between his ears?). The left foreleg of the massive infidel spurted an overflowing geyser, and that certainly couldn’t be without its hazards.

Cold, devious scheming brewed within his mind, and as the quakes ceased, he loomed again, an arduous, slinking requiem of satanic decree, nefarious foundations, and brutal, barbaric contortions. He drew across the field, towards the right hind leg, and summoned the intertwining, entangling, snaring, beguiling toils of his trade, felt them pulse beneath the vibrancy of his dangerous actions, kindled, incensed, eager to ravish and ravage. Tracing closer to the rocky beast, he sought to lacerate the edges of soil and pebble with the long, length of his horn, stab, mutilate, carve and mold, while embracing the rapt sinew of his necromancy. Like venomous thorns, they joined the fray again, laced and raveled within the plunging knife of his sword – perhaps his attack would not only draw blood, but make the beast fester, make it cry, make it writhe and wither.

[Attempting to stay away from the foreleg gushing water and Lace’s explosion of fire, Deimos goes toward the monster’s right hind leg. He lowers his horn and attempts to stab at the limb, while fueling his horn with his deadly magic (hoping that some of the magic could enter the beast’s bloodstream).]

Fuck.

Was the only curse d’Artagnan managed as all too quickly an earthy limb extended towards him and his only form of defence was to veer out of the way, crimson ears lacing back both in anger and fear. Indeed the Nightshade felt fear too. The earthy muscles clipped against his hooves as front appendages barely left the floor to lurch violently away, sending d’Artagnan flying backwards, stumbling with a leggy body that almost tripped himself up. It was when he had finally regained some of his balance that he managed to string together a range of wondrous curses, a few made up ones and some more incoherent ones. The Nightshade finally managed to survey the battlefield when the monsters gaze seemed captivated by something else, something flying around in the sky like a shadow that was faintly familiar. Mismatched gaze looked around some more, recognizing Deimos with relief as the rest of the faces on the ground rushed over him unknown, perhaps the grulla hornless he had met before. His memory wasn’t getting any better with age.

A sharp growl brought the shade’s attention to Aramis who was now covered in earthy debris as drool foamed from his mouth. The pair steadily advanced towards the monster watching as the poison seemed to grow stronger from it’s limbs which earned another colourful word from d’Artagnan. So his magic had the opposite effect. "Wonderful!” He commented to no one in particular with sarcasm lacing his tone, realizing he was now left to his physical attributes which were rather outmatched. It wasn’t like he could charge in and try sticking his horns into it’s body, the downside of glass was that it would shatter on impact, he had learnt that lesson a long time ago and his broken horn was the scar from that particular memory. He stared at it then, his expression turning to frustration. "Why can’t you just go back to being a mountain?!”

With that the ground started to shake and d’Artagnan watched as the monster fell to it’s knees, spewing out a lovely geyser of searing acid. A blue eye flickering with another bout of fear as fire exploded into the air bringing back painful memories. Ah, but this was not the time for cowardice. He grimaced as he followed Aramis and headed around the back end of the monster, careful to avoid the acid that would surely deal him a very painful death should it douse him. Looking upwards he didn't recognize the young stallion who unfortunately bore wings and his felt his blood boil in frustration as he realized he wasn't really doing his species any justice. Reaching the monsters remaining right leg that was now bent to kneel, d’Artagnan carefully selected a place where it was compact with soil before noticing the presence of Deimos with a grim smile. "Evening General.” He nodded and then quickly slammed two front feet down, hoping to maim it in case it had any ideas of getting back up and limping. Aramis lending his own aid with teeth and claws, ripping and digging, teaming up with the Reaper the best they could. Each mindful of the clear water that seared the earth, if anyone knew the dangers of poison, then surely it was the Nightshade of the Aurora Basin.

filled with rage

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>

A massive hand is what responds to my singing, but I have not the skill nor speed to dodge it in the air. Instead, I stop driving forward, raise my wings, and allow myself to be tossed through the open air, avoiding any resistance to the motion. The initial impact is like a battering ram against my barrel, certainly leaving bruising upon the morrow, but for now I am saved from the crippling grasp of the monster's hand.

I twirl about in the sky and then even out my wings, stopping myself from plummeting to the earth below. My mind is disoriented, and I am having trouble not seeing stars for a moment, until I realize it is not the night sky I am seeing, but instead Mesec. Instantly, my heart feels with fire upon seeing my former herdmate - someone I want to protect. Ophelia loved him, so I shall keep him safe. Shaking out my head, I begin to fly forward, back toward the massive creature who falls upon my quaking of the earth, leg exploding in a flash of light which illuminates Lace's features.

Triumphantly, I smile.

As I see Mesec floating around the thing's face, I push my front legs forward, my two solid bronze hooves together, darting forward the back of the monster's head. Hoping that the darklit colt will keep him sufficiently distracted while I make my move, I still prepare my back legs to land upon his skull as well, ready to shove off and race back into the night skies.

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

By some miracle, it appeared he hadn't actually caused any damage to the horses around him. Despite the recklessly uncontrolled explosion and his own injuries, the only real damage done was to the leg of the giant that collided with the detonating sun - much to the pain-riddled astonishment of the downed grullo.
It wasn't without its dangers, however, he realized that as soon as he opened the eyes to review the situation. Gilded orbs widened as he as though in slow motion took in the rupturing leg, the cascade of water that erupted like sizzling blood - acid, scorching, poisonous... And Lace lay sprawled on the ground mere feet away, directly in the path of gushing liquid and scattering debris.

There was no time to think. Instinct took over and overruled the pain that burned in the legs, made him roll all the way around and force the skinned and oozing feet in beneath him. With a half scream, half grunt from pain and fear and effort he heaved himself up and forward, stumbling away with the back to the giant. It wasn't about cowardice, defeat or resignation. It was far deeper than that; a will to continue living that flared up along with the heat of the broken magic, stronger than Lace had ever felt before. It carried him forward even as his back was pelleted with rocks and flying acid, so strong that it quickly burned deep holes in the flesh and made him scream horribly in agony.

He wanted to live. Even if it hurt, even though the world was a shitty place filled with tiring people and a never ending stream of problems, even though he would never get the one thing he desired above everything else. Just being able to breathe, feel air fill the lungs and elate the senses was enough.

"It's what I've been telling you all along" the dragon commented smugly at the back of his mind, decidedly pleased with him as she wrapped her mind around his, effectively forming a shield between the stallion and the pain of the body. She had fallen back upon facing the beast, realizing that without her fire it would be foolish beyond measure to try and battle. She would only loose her life and, as she related to her bonded through feelings and pictures, that would have defeated the entire purpose in participating in all of this.

Snorting, steadied by the comfort of her presence and mental aid, the soldier-turned-crafter-turned-warrior straightened himself up once he was out of reach of the monster once more. Taking a moment to catch his breath and overlook the situation, he noticed how the two hybrids and the gryphon went for it's back and head while two of the unicorns, Deimos and a somewhat familiar bay stallion joined forces and pummeled the remaining intact leg. Narrowing eyes searched for weak spots, a deep breath was taken as once again the surge of heat in his blood allowed the magic to alter reality, flames now beginning to form just in front of the giants neck, below the chin. This time too he was aware of the slippery feeling of the magic, as though the fire had been mixed with some kind of oil that his mind wasn't able to grasp. The attempt at forming a ball failed again and again, as though something was interfering with his intent... Cursing under his breath Lace finally just shoved the glowing mass of unstable fire as close to the chest of the target as he could, hollered a loud, half panicked "Fire in the hole!" to warn the brave battlers who were close enough to get hit by the shrapnel and let go.

Holding his breath the equine hurriedly backed away, teeth gritted and eyes fixed on the battle up ahead. He saw the blindingly bright ball expand, growing larger and larger until suddenly... it shrank to a tiny, glowing spot not larger than the stars up above. The hear it emanated was intense, so much so that it could be felt from where he was standing...

Then, with a faint 'pop' it went out, leaving nothing but a puff of smoke and white dots dancing before his eyes. Lace gaped speechless at the point where it had disappeared, mind filling with disappointment, disbelief and a faint, gnawing feeling of humiliation.
"Underwhelming" Fajira commented dryly and swooped down to circle around him, her gaze glowing and bloodthirsty as she watched the struggle continue.

"You don't say..." Lace said, sarcasm swiftly giving in to the wave of dizziness as pain made itself noticed once more. A dreadful weakness was spreading through the body from where the acid had sprayed his back, poison slowly working its way throughout the system. A quick glance at the gilded skin showed a horrific sight of deep pits gouged into the flesh, meat melting and sizzling still. It blackened before his eyes, the night turning darker still as the head spun... But he didn't pass out. Instead he found that the burns on the legs and underbelly were shrinking, slowly but surely decreasing in severity. Shuddering at the sight of the rapid healing the warrior wasn't sure whether he was happy or repulsed - even so, he spared a quick glance up towards the glowing moon, whom he was certain must have a feather in on this accursed gift that was regeneration.

The Store | The Warden

Helovian Ancient

The gigantic emerald falls into the earth direction by Saga, but the mare was not fast enough to move. Chunks of dirt and rock flew in her direction, dislodged by the force of the green stone, and one such rock hits her head and knocks her out completely.

As she lays there, the monster struggles against the rest of his assailants, but oh does the beast want to chew through the lady just laying there... Instead, the explosion of a sun causes an entire limb to explode, and the beast roars, acid gushing from the wooden wound.

The brown stallion and his little dog managed to exploit an early weakness in a front limb. Hooves compact the soil deep into its leg, but unfortunately, the compacted soil does very little to upset the overall, rigid wooden frame of the massive beast.

The irritation of the black and silver fly around the monster enrages it further, and as the creature appears from nowhere in front of his face, the beast jerks its head back, having learned from his last mistake. It loses balance, not having another limb on which to rely, and tumbles a little against the side of a nearby mountain. Rocks cascade and tumble down, bouncing across the surface of the field and then souring to the foothills below.

A blow hits the back of its head, square, and wood crumbles beneath the solid hooves, exposing a few, curious looking, vine-like cords. A roar escapes its throat and it shakes its head to try and hit the flying nuisance with an errant, tree-like limb.

Using one forearm, the great tree balances against the stone and begins to assimilate the rock into a new limb! Fortunately, the bird lion manages to wrestle into the back of its neck, pulling and tearing out an internal life cord that caused the assimilation of the rocky limb to halt entirely. Swiftly, a series of other vines snake from around his back and lurch at the gryphon, aiming to tangle the creature in its grasp ad break its bones into a nice, juicy, edible portion.

Now with a rock stump for a hind, left leg, the beast regains its balance and stumbles forward to grab the sleeping mare. With a blind right side, the movements of Deimos go entirely unseen, and the beast roars, whipping its head around just as the horn pierces its leg. Magic fills its body more pervasively than before, but this creature was made from tangles and fibers of more wild pieces. Sluggishly, the beast snaps at Deimos, but can barely reach out his arm without stumbling, limping on the rocky stump of a leg before having to stop moving to work out the disorientation and exhaustion.

Sweep its head around to the right, the remaining, emerald orb saw a path to the downed mare and the golden backed stallion. Without much warning, it leaped forward, hands open to smash both of them into the ground.

[ Saga has been knocked out and may no longer participate. ]

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

Cursing the numbing poison that blurred his vision the white-maned stallion blinked and shook his head in an attempt to clear it as he followed the progress of the battle. Appreciating the brief chance to catch his breath, gilded eyes took in the efforts of the other fighters and continued to scour the giant for weak points. His heart lurched in horror as he saw the blow off limb begin to regenerate, lips biting off curses as he leaned forward with the intent of hurrying over there to launch (or at least try to launch) another exploding orb. But almost as sudden as it had begun, the mending of the limb stopped and Lace breathed a sigh of relief. Curiously he looked at the others to try and see what had caused the effect, but saw nothing except the futile pounding the unicorns gave the solid leg. It must be something done around the back or the head - areas the equine was incapable of reaching.

With teeth gritted against the pain of his injured body the grullo started forward, sparing a worried glance towards the mare that had been unfortunate enough to get the dislodged eye in her head. This was decidedly not the best place to be knocked out; the reach of the monster must be incredible, to be honest he wasn't sure that he himself was even out of it despite having removed himself from the closest proximity.

Even as the thought passed through his mind a movement from the earth beast forced the attention of the stallion to snap back to it. Seeing the giant come lunging towards him and the unconscious mare, reflexes made Lace heave himself towards the right, so that he would end up between the two outstretched limbs. In the same breath, without even thinking about it, his mind reached towards the roots of the sparse trees that crossed through the earth, a task made simple from months of practice during his voluntary isolation. He met more resistance than usual as he tried to bend the wood to his will, due both to the chill of winter and that same slickness he'd experienced while handling the fire. Was something wrong with the magic of the world? Even so the stallion persisted, and just as the giant hand of soil and wood shadowed the fallen lady Lace forced the roots to obey him, making them penetrate the earth and curl around the hind legs of the girl. With a harsh tug the wooden ropes pulled her in the direction of Lace, hopefully just in time to spare her from the fate of being unceremoniously flattened by the massive force of the giants hand.

Breathing hard as the strain on body and mind was beginning to catch up with him, Lace then turned towards the monster and flattened the ears against the poll, burned and bleeding body rising into a defiant rear right in the face of the beast. Placing himself between the monster and the mare, he reached for the third time towards the searing heat in his blood and forced it out, grimacing as the heat of quickly forming flames scorched his already seared skin. Quickly, since he was beginning to grow accustomed to the erratic nature of the flaring orb, he pushed it as close to the giants face as he could get it and then let go, hoping that the explosion would do some serious damage this time. Much like before the white-hot orb grew and shrank, threatened to go out, but at the last second, just as the tiny blinding dot seemed to be about to disappear, it exploded - this time making a deafening sound that took out the hearing of the gold-backed stallion, knocked him off his feet and enveloped him in blazing fire that incinerated the hair on his body, scorched the white silk of the mane and tail and would have utterly destroyed his eyes had he not closed them. Screaming from the pain of his own magic the stallion stumbled back and fell to his knees before the sprawled out mare, unconsciously trying to protect her from the flames even as they licked his own body.

What did species or alliances matter now? He had seen the horn on her head, noticed the familiarity with which she gazed at Deimos and the glass-horned bay and his wolf-like companion; there was no doubt that she belonged to the same herd as them. And yet Lace wanted to save her life, because it seemed to him that a death by this twisted insult to the Earth would be a tainted and unclean one indeed, and he wished for no one to experience it. No, not even the Reaper or his comrades deserved that.

The Store | The Warden

d’Artagnan scowled as their feeble attempt to try disrupt the brute’s movement did very little to hinder the beast. He was fast running out of ideas with his magic useless and a fly against a mountain. Desperately he looked to Aramis and uttered the words fire in his mind knowing the hound would understand and yet his bonded looked downcast, whimpering under his breath as the shade cursed. Even Aramis couldn’t use his new found powers. Mismatched gaze fell upon the beast who now seemed to almost stumble and he felt a mixture of triumph and wonder as he traced the source of the monsters adversity back to the horn of Deimos, smiling knowingly. Nothing was too big for the Reaper. The Mender motioned to Aramis and together they galloped away from the beast with the aim of moving around to it’s head, cloven hooves and inky paws hungrily eating up the ground until diseased eyes widened in surprise when he saw the form of a unicorn mare littering the floor. Her body seemed motionless and the Nightshade grimaced, gaze catching the familiar grulla hornless as he dived in front of her and set some strange fire orb towards the monster.

The orb shrank, d’Artagnan watched it with curiosity and fear before finally it exploded with an almighty noise that the Nightshade winced visibly and slowed his movement, his face recoiling. Apparently it wasn’t just his own magic that was deciding to have a mind of it’s own as the flames enveloped its user and d’Artagnan cursed, not knowing if it had been enough to stop the monster and his mind blanching at the thought of helping the hornless. He sent his mind deep into his stores of magic, feeling his body almost shy away from using the technique that took up so much of his power, but the moment was dire and he felt he had no other choice. Hastily he threw up his time shield around Lace and drew the flames that burnt his body into it, thinking it would send them into another dimension. "Get up!" He snapped when the last of the flames disappeared, feeling angry with himself for helping such a worthless four legged and yet he knew they needed everyone to help fight against the demon. There was nothing, however, he could do right now about the mare who had passed out upon the floor and he had no time to wonder as his time shield disintegrated and flames fell upon him from the sky. The Nightshade gave a look of despair as he realized all too soon that he’d simply moved the flames from Lace to himself. His magic wasn’t working. In fact, it was out to get him it seemed.

d’Artagnan veered violently to his left, almost falling over his own hooves as he tried to dodge both the flames and the poison that littered the earth, grunting loudly when a couple burnt his rump and down one side of his shoulder. His own tangled tail singed at the ends where it had been dragged through poison puddles which in turn left small burn marks on the back of his legs where his tail had slapped against him. All he’d managed to do so far was save a hornless which convinced the shade that his hallucination was fast turning into a nightmare.

filled with rage

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>

My hooves are prepped and ready to push off as the wood crumbles below me, but I do not. Instead, my bicolored eyes widen curiously to behold the strange veins. My ride is wobbly and unstable, but I take what may be my only chance. Swiftly, I bow my neck and bite viciously toward the vines, hoping my blunt teeth have enough speed behind them to snap a few chords. I have stayed for too long, however, and a strange limb appears out of nowhere to hit me with impressive force in the side, the leaves and branches of the bizarre tree snatching me from the head of the monster. I attempt to hold onto any vines I may have grasped, maybe tearing them further.

Then, I begin to fall. My wings barely catch air with my novice flight skills. It had only been a few short seasons that Midas taught me how to fly. My mind is a blur, disoriented, and I almost feel as though I am in the Meadow again, with mother, Cera, and Midas, taking my first flaps into the air before falling ungracefully on my face.

In that moment, I right myself, legs spared just barely from snapping against the harsh ground uncomfortably close to the Reaper, though he looks little more than an eerie grey stallion to my unknowing eyes. It is then that I see the monster beside me begin to leap forward, and I see Lace defending an unconscious girl. Without thought, I open my mouth to sing an earthquake in the direction of the wobbling monster, hopefully causing him to tip over before crushing my golden-backed friend.

"At night the earth sings,
Clamoring to life,
To save its precious children!
"

The rumbling begins, traveling across the battlefield, and then I hear an explosion, a tiny sun engulfing the area around Lace in flames. "Lace!" I call, my voice beckoning his attention to quell the worry in my own heart. I glance for a moment with widened eyes before I realize I am in a dangerous place here on the ground. I break away from the leg of the monster, my hooves pushing off after I build up speed to take me into the air, soaring upward into the retreat of the sky. My face turns back to look upon the fate of my friend.

Heather

The Reaper didn’t frequent action alongside other species unless he intended annihilation upon their hides. The invasion had marched his motions across a sinuous battlefield, drums of war and havoc unleashed, bestial outcries and brutal corridors, where he’d longed to singe, to unravel, to destroy. He’d persecuted and devoured, driven demise into hearts and feathers, arched condemnation, longed for more and more wickedness threaded through his veins. These long, stretching moments where they became united clusters and clans of creatures, heathens, infidels and monsters cast to the same agenda, the same notion, the same goal, was odd. His machinations and calculations of irreverence, of licentiousness, of ruptured reveries and snared benedictions were always meant to scar and maim the kingdoms flying above his tyrannical schemes, parallel to his painted, satanic oeuvres, bordering along the condemnation of his dominating prowess and precision. But now, he bartered beside former foes, presaged enemies, future, ominous mayhem and disorder, where he couldn’t reach out and strike the futile, the inept, the weak, the downtrodden and the foolish, because they all had a pawn’s piece across the vile board. Who was he to damage a temporary ally?

D’art sauntered into his sights as his sword struck deep into the carnivorous limbs of the behemoth, grim and reticent, as he always appeared before the General. For a moment, he wondered if he should be concerned over his comrade, but the only response he mustered was a grating greeting, remaining undistracted from the fervency, the ignition, of assaulting and assailments. “Mender.” As his blitz took shape, urged bouts of pain and agony into the shell of rocks and pebbles, he shifted and contorted his frame away from the biting, snapping jaws, stones and boulders gnashing, echoing in his ear drums. His mordant invocations had apparently corrupted the motions of their beast, it grew sluggish, seemingly exhausted. How many more blows until it became naught more than dust and rubble, motionless crag and cliff, fallen in broken fossils? Would he be able to watch it die, exhume one final, dastardly breath? Or would it escape into the whims of its former ventures, buried back into earth?

The hazardous qualms erupt into further bombardments. He lost sight of D’art for a few moments, the exploding fireball of Lace, and only briefly noted the strange colt singing at his side, conjuring more earthquakes, and he was a series of movement again, trying to balance across the maneuvering stage, tripping slightly down on his right foreleg, standing quickly thereafter, ignoring the slight stab of pain across torn skin. His piercing, haunting gaze settled across the field towards the Time Mender and gilded Glazier, guarding a fallen Unicorn, providing sanctuary and shelter where he could not, would not, deliver the same vicious animosity. He was not a hero; he spun scythes, death and iniquity. All he craved now was destruction, agony and devastation. Deimos nodded once towards the gathered group, assured that through shields, through bodies, through simmering earthquakes, they would be somehow safeguarded, and aimed to heighten his assassinating influence once more.

But there was nothing.

Barren and bereft, he asked for his veins to conjure the breathless vibrancy, the pernicious splendor, the villainous, biting, gnashing, clawing and grasping cluster of deadly pinnacles – but they remained silent, mute, as hushed as his reticent exterior, as quiet as his impassive features. Gone, vanished, stolen and absconded again, and the only response he could offer was a rugged, deep snort, a heady bout of frustration furrowing his brows, embellishing his rage. Was that what the world wanted then, for him to accomplish his task, his derision, his scorn, his might and brutality without his Mephistopheles bestowal? He was not vulnerable, he was not susceptible, he was not broken or dismayed, only incensed, infuriated, bewitched and allured by the foundation of his own untapped power, the riches and disaster tainting the livelihood of his mere motions, his slashing rapier, his iron cutlass. Ferocity built, climbed, escalated until he was cretin, demon and infidel, infernal bliss haunting the lavished opulence of the darkened meadow, buried in the recesses of his savagery, bending nefarious whims and disregard into each sweeping movement. Drawn towards its left, the devil raised his skull towards the rocky underbelly of the beast, aimed to sweep his sword across its midriff like a lacerating blackguard, slaughtering, massacring, yearning to chisel away the ducts of rock and rubble, to drive demise from his detached villainy.

[After tripping on his right foreleg due to Hototo’s close earthquakes, Deimos attempts to muster his death magic again towards the rocky beast, but his body doesn’t respond. Instead, he goes towards the monster’s left side, intending to drag his horn along its underbelly.]