the Rift

[OPEN] [Endless Night] From the mountains cold

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo
I'll eat your worthless little soul
At the gates of hell tonight

What a bad idea that had been; but he couldn't stop himself. The hunger that suddenly fueled his every move longed for something in order to be sated, and that something could be anything as far as Crowley was concerned.

As he bit into the monster's leg, obviously breaking the flesh, a sea of electrifying blood filled his mouth. With an uncharacteristic squeal, the brindle threw his head back, possibly bringing a scale or two with him as he tried desperately to get away from the creature. Beneath him, his legs trembled and his body quaked against the power held within the blood. For several moments, much longer than he would have liked to think about, he was paralyzed in place until he regained total control of his physical functions; enough time to allow the monster the crush him if it so wished.

With his attack failed, Talbot had slammed on the brakes and could barely keep himself from running full force into the pool of sparking spit formed at the front of the monster. Fortunately for him, only his front right paw had slid into the pool, causing a pained yelp to leave his throat. Quickly he withdrew it, and with the same speed he whirled and sought to exist between the monster's two right legs to join the battle again.

After what seemed like hours, the Weaver found himself once more and shoved his hind legs into the snow behind him, pushing himself into a lengthy canter away from the demonic hellion and keeping ever watchful of the remaining pools of blood collected on the tundra ground.

As he worked at putting some distance between himself and the dragoness, from behind him, he could hear a great mass fall to the earth. Coming to a halt and turning himself back around, Crowley laid eyes on the downed foe, and for a moment his chest bustled with two thoughts; one, their little group had been victorious in defeating the threat to their home, and two... what would fresh dragon taste like?

The latter of thoughts were of course formed by the demon that seemed to be stuck within his barrel, scratching and tearing away, screaming to be saited. But just as Crowley took a step closer to the conquered enemy, who actually had about three demons literally tearing through the flesh of her stomach, Crowley lowered his foot back to the ground. Fuck.

The creatures began their charge, and wasting no time, Crowley propelled himself forward to join the fray. His movements were still slower than they ought to be, due from both exhaustion and the use of his backfiring magic, but the strange, indescribable hunger that consumed him was more than likely helping him press on than it was hindering him. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Talbot running towards him, their gazes sharing a brief exchange before locking onto the raptor nearest of them.

Side by side, both unicorn and hellhound charged at the oncoming raptor. Talbot was first to launch an attack, carrying himself several lengths ahead of Crowley in order to leap into the air, his jaws aimed for the throat of the raptor, or anything that he was able to find purchase on. Whether his partner's attack was successful or not, Crowley carried on with his head curled and low, his chin even with the lowest part of his chest. Thanks to the shape of his horns, if his attack went as planned, then he should be able to ram into the raptor and either knock it to the ground, or up and over his back.

[Crowley gets electrocuted by his bite to the leg. After regaining control of himself, he turns to put distance between himself and the dragoness. Talbot's front right paw slid into the pool of spit formed in front of the monster, then he turns and runs out between the two right legs of it. Crowley and Talbot meet up side by side and charge one of the raptors, Talbot jumping and going for the throat/anywhere he can get to, while Crowley drops his head with the intent to throw it up and over his back, or knock it to the ground.]

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits

Ruka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
What he hadn't expected was for the beast to see him coming, to lift its head as he leapt to pierce its throat. Certain that he was going to miss, the lanky stallion started to let down his guard and prepare for landing... and then the tip of his horn caught on flesh, tearing skin and muscle and very nearly wrenching the chestnut steed's head back. But he managed to stiffen his neck, resisting the tug... until the blood started pouring.

It cascaded over his withers and down his back, drenching his flanks and dripping down his long legs. Its shocking quality paralyzed him, stole away his breath, and left him unable to do anything but mentally swear as he watched a taloned foot raise to catch him, but miss. Then he was hitting the ground, tumbling sideways and headlong through the snow. Just in time did he duck and turn his head to keep from snapping it in his limp tumble. A plume of snow rose up beside him as that taloned foot slammed down, missing him by inches.

One good thing that'd come of that tumble was that the snow absorbed and wiped away much of the blood that'd covered him, yet Ruka lay there for several moments longer, dragging in deep breaths. He froze again when he heard the pained cry of the creature, the slow but heavy fall of a titan onto the ground. We killed it!

Feeling triumphant, Ruka rolled and scrambled to get his hooves under him, discovering the process of standing to be a laborious process when his muscles still tried to quiver. He couldn't blame it all on the blood, for it had been rather terrifying to come so close to death twice in a short amount of time. Assessingly he cast his emerald gaze over the crumpled by titantic corpse, then stopped.

What the hell? He watched as the beast's side moved, as though something was inside. Then he couldn't keep his jaw from dropping when sharp claws rended flesh from within, allowing a trio of smaller but decidedly carnivorous looking creatures to step out.

"Really? REALLY?" His tenor voice rose indignantly. Now this was just unfair. Flipping back his ears in irritation the lean stallion staggered forward a few steps, reclaiming the useage of his limbs slowly but steadily. Soon he was moving at a swift, if slightly unsteady trot, angling his horn down toward the nearest of the raptors. A spark flickered inside him, a semblance of the light of magic he'd so long been used to. Knowing he needed every chance he could get, the stallion grasped hungrily for that light, knowing not what would happen.

A warped version of his displacement magic shuddered into life, creating imperfect copies of the dark chestnut in a line to his left. Some were nearly translucent, others flickered, others still were missing limbs. A bewildered glance was cast toward these strange manesfestations of his magic. Never had more than one copy before... what's doing that? But he was quick to vanquish the thought, deciding instead to use these bizarre doubles to whatever use he could. Perhaps the raptors would be fooled into attacking a horse that wasn't really there.

Ayaka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Before my fire fail attack happened, my other attack managed to work. The scent of skin catching of fire rose in the air. It was a wonderful, mouthwatering smell to me, but I’m not sure what the others thought. I was a wolf, and they were unicorns, so we did have our differences. But, as you already know, my other attack did not help me, but the beast in a way. Fire burned inside my maw and sent me diving my muzzle into the snow.

My maw was just beginning to cool down and I was just about to pull it up from the snow, something pulled me up and off of the ground. I let out a sharp yelp for help before looking up. My orange orbs took a glance at my taker, and sure enough it was the beast. I struggled to get out, squirming and wiggling to make its grip loosen. Then, something hit me. It was the shocking blue slim that came from its mouth. It was all over my frail body. Ow! God damn it, don’t even get me started on that pain!

THUD! The sound of a body collapsing hit my ears. Its grip loosened, and I was able to crawl out of its terrible mouth. It was dead! The beast had died! We killed it!

My tail was tucked between my legs and my ears were back against my skull. My pink tongue was lolling from my maw. The electrified spit still clung onto me shock my ever move. To get rid of that, I laid down on the snow and rolled a couple of times. That washed away the blue liquid on my pelt. I got up; my tail quickly fell from underneath me and hanged down. A smile graced my maw as I stared at wounded body of the beast. A strange scent hit my nose. It was coming from inside of the body. There was something else inside of the body! What. The. Fuck.

They emerged from the belly of the monster. They were small, much smaller than the beast, but they had a deadly finish on their body. A furious snarl rumbled in my throat, bring back the pain of the burning that had happened earlier. I really was not up for another fight. I was weak, not only from my magic, but from my struggling and the shocking from the mouth of the reptile. I had to fight though; I would not let these little demons run around Helovia.

They charged, and so did I. I leaped for one of them. My jaw flashed open, revealing the deadly set of daggers I held in my maw. I aimed to slash open its throat, maybe even ending its life by striking its jugular vein. My claws spread and tried to dig down into its flesh and topple this thing over. How I would love to use my fire on this miniature beast, though I was too worn out to even try to attempt that. And if the fire got caught in my throat again, that would not make me very happy.

[[Gets picked up by the beast and struggled to try to get its grip to loosen. Gets shocked a lot by the electrified blue liquid that comes from its mouth. As the beast collapses, Ayaka is able to crawl out of its mouth. When the raptors charge, she charges at one, leaping at it. Tried to slash its neck with her fangs and tried to dig her claws into it and topple it down.]]

Credits!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The raptors grin, but they are still so young, too young to understand that these creatures that smell so tasty are capable of fighting back. As fire blasts in their direction, the raptors get roasted, and they howl, the tender, unhardened skin on their bodies charring. In their weakness, one is felled by the mare Illynx, and with a mournful yelp it falls.

Distracted by the magical illusions, the raptors ran toward the fake creatures, one knocked completely off guard by Crowley. The force the horse delivered on it's body cracked ribs, and the monster died with a rattling breath, claws grasping angrily toward its attacker.

The third and last raptor tried to run, but the wolf was fast. Claws met its neck, and it fell. A final blow of a bite to the neck killed the last monster.

Hot steam rose from the bodies in pluming clouds, and the snow and permafrost was scarred, deep ruts gashed into the burning ground. Clumps of blood began to evaporate rather quickly, but the bodies remained.

Congratulations! You have successfully saved Helovia!

Random List: http://images.helovia.net/index.php/view/51fe8f1aec89c

Prizes:
1. Heather/Lena - Time Magic or Time Upgrade
2. Leovan - Custom Item made from the Monster's bones/teeth/etc
3. Illynx - Bottle of Shock Blood and 1 small, glowing marking of (blue/white/black) color
4. Ayaka - Bottle of Shock Blood
5. Crowley - Time Amulet and 1 small, glowing marking of (blue/white/black) color
6. Ruka - Time Amulet

These prizes can be applied to other characters and will go into your master/ooc prize list! If you want to apply them to a character now, please do so in the Character Records Updates thread in the Updates Board.