the Rift

[OPEN] [Endless Night] Green Wrath

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

My mind was laden with guilt as thoughts of Roskuld continued to plague me. On the first night that darkness had taken over the land of Helovia, I had found her heading south, downtrodden with confusion and uncertainty. I couldn't blame her for the way she had reacted, for she had learned much within those few precious moments we'd spent together, as had I. I'd done my best to explain to her just what a God was and what we, as demi-gods, were meant to do in their absence. The answer was one that I didn't know, and I remembered clearly the pain that wrought itself onto my sister's face. At the same time, I had learned she was the child of a God I did not know, and she had learned the same about me. Ophelia was not my blood mother, and that fact had been difficult for my little sister to swallow.

Though not bound by blood, I would always consider us close enough to it, and never would I drop the title of 'sister' in regards to the stocky yearling I loved so dearly. Words could not describe the turmoil I had felt as I watched her bolt away from me all those nights ago, but only after claiming that she sucked and wishing for me to tell both Ophelia and Ranjiri goodbye. My heart had twisted on itself that night, strangling me, screaming at me to take off after her and demand she stay in the Foothills turning this dangerous time. But no matter how loud every instinct yelled at me to move after her, I couldn't bring myself to do so. Even as a yearling, Roskuld was free to make her own decisions and do as she pleased. So long as she remained safe and promised to return, who was I to stop her?

A heavy sigh left my lips as I tried to push the thoughts out of my head. I ought to be happy tonight, for the stars - thus, my Mother - had seemed to return to her rightful Kingdom in the sky. The twinkling stars above brought a certain comfort that only I surely knew, and despite my forlorn demeanor, I was inexplicably happy to see light returning to the pitch sky. The presence of the Moon was only more beautified at the peak of the Heavenly Fields where I currently found myself. In the back of my mind, I wished for Mother to descend from her midnight throne and confide in me that I had done well in her absence, that I had not failed her, but I supposed I would be selfish to demand her immediate attention. I didn't know what had taken her and the other deities away from Helovia, and I wasn't about to bark at the moon, so to speak, demanding answers.

Just as I was about to turn and head back for my Foothills home, the earth began to quake beneath my feet. Immediately I stepped backwards, emitting a sharp snort as the rocks strewn about the ground rattled and rolled off the slope of the impressive hill. To keep myself from being further jostled by the quaking earth, I spread rarely used wings and lifted myself just a few yards from the ground, snapping my gaze every which way in an attempt to try and find what was causing this. Surely it was no earthquake... The noise that broke through the air then was absolutely horrendous, instantly sending my ears back against my skull to try and deafen the atrocious sound. It had little effect, though, and not a moment later, I had bigger things to worry about anyways.

It was bigger than any living thing I had ever lain eyes on before, standing close to the height of the very hill I was now hovering over. Bursting through the face of a nearby mountain it came, its features made up of the very landscape I was so used to seeing with each visit to this favored spot of mine. Thanks to the newly lit sky, I could make out the figures of others further up ahead of me, already charging at the behemoth and launching their own attacks. No doubt this beast wanted to harm those that called this land home, maybe even destroy it beyond that. Even from where I was, I could hear a sickening hiss from the acidic water that poured from the creature's joints. It was as unnatural and unearthly as the call that rang from its earthen chest.

This ancient creature had size and power on its side. I was young and still growing, not even the size of its foot. I had nothing but determination and the blood of my Mother to help me.

There was no way of telling who the others were even as I took off towards the creature; it was unbeknownst to me that it was my own father standing down there and fighting, for now was not the time to try and figure out who my comrades were in this battle to save Helovia from utter destruction. Onward I flew, catching the sound of another's wingbeats as I neared the demonic creature. I caught only a quick glimpse of my fellow warrior, who bore a curious appearance of a large bird with a leonine tail and paws. I didn't know who they were, but I wished them the best of luck during this trial.

Just as I was closing in on the monstrous being, I summoned the use of my magic, disappearing completely in the hands of darkness only to reappear in the face of the creature, repeating the action several times. To it, I might have been mimicking an annoying fly, but my plan was to distract it as others performed their own attacks. My own attack was deployed soon enough, when I appeared once more and attempted to kick out at its right eye, praying that my hooves would make contact with it. Whether it was successful or not, I made to disappear again, and if I should escape any sort of attack, I would appear once more at the top of its head. Here, I figured it could not reach me, and I could plan my next attack accordingly.

"talk."

[ooc - Mesec disappears and reappears several times in front of the monster's face, trying to distract it for the rest. He reappears and attempts a kick into the monster's right eye, and then reappears on the top of its head if he is not stopped.]

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
[Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Random Event - 07-19-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Merakerr - 07-20-2013, 01:33 AM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by d'Artagnan - 07-20-2013, 05:57 AM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Deimos - 07-20-2013, 10:19 AM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Saga - 07-20-2013, 04:31 PM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Mesec - 07-21-2013, 05:34 AM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Hototo - 07-22-2013, 02:24 PM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Lace - 07-23-2013, 03:53 PM