the Rift

[OPEN] [Endless Night] Green Wrath

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

I was simply traveling the roads of the night, leaving a wake of raised grass plucking from beneath the snow behind me. My father had gave me this quest, to feed the hungry, to save the wanderers of our land, but, more importantly, to save the land itself. Without the life-force of my father so near, the plants seemed to succomb faster to the chill of winter. In the absence of the sun, they had no power to grant themselves the life they normally would. It fell to me, walking with even steps, across the massive scope of Helovia, tending to the wilted beings which were the base of all other life.

As I paused beside a lantern tree, I happened to glance up toward the sky. I notice for a moment the glorious brilliance of the stars before I remember they had been missing. The moon, milky and distant, is a comfort to my heart. I knew that father had not yet returned, but the appearance of the Moon was reassurance that they would return. I smile to myself, but, in that moment, all hell breaks loose.

The earth under my bronze hooves begins to quake and clatter with a force I do not remember ever feeling. I stumble and fall to my knees, feeling the earth be torn in the quakes. With wide, bicolored eyes I look up in horror to see the massive figure appearing to "step" away from the face of the mountain. What in the world? I rise to my feet and gawk at the incredulous monster, his voice ringing through the air and calling us to battle. In my heart, I feel the uneasy shake of fear for a moment. Finally, the bronze of my spirit forms enough grit to ring true in my chest. Before my mind entirely catches up, my legs are set to motion, and I run forward into the fray.

I launch my figure into the air on steady wings, pale mane whipping about like rushing rapid waters, my ears slicked back and lost in the waves. My face adopts are rarely seen determination, lids narrow. From my chest, a snort erupts in new found excitement. Whatever fire I held in my veins was given by my mother, our similarities finally realized in this dire hour. As I near the site, I notice a dark figure appear and evaporating in the air, one I recognize as Mesec. Shooting down from the sky is a creature the likes I have only seen once, at the side of the dark, moon painted mare in the Edge. This one look larger, with a more impressive wingspan.

Below, movement catches my eye. Moonlight glints off several sets of horns, and I am immediately reminded of Faelene. It is then that I get an idea, a blessed idea from the mouth of the crimson maned lady spoken in the rim of this very mountain peak. My voice, she thought, could control the movement of the earth. Having realized that I am the son of a God, this is no longer too much of a stretch for me to make. Hovering in the air, I bellow down to the unicorns a warning. "Steady yourselves down there, friends!"

Then, I open my mouth to release a shaking song, my vocals loud and heavy in the air:

"We fly without fear
Through the valley of shadows
Waging our war against evil
In your world!
"

When the rumbling of the earth resounded in my ears, I dove forth toward the great mountain beast, aiming my solid, bronze hooves toward the back of the beast, attempting to shove him over while the ground at his feet was unsteady, taking care to avoid the masses of trees peering out from his shoulders. With any luck, I would be able to bring him to the reaches of my ground-bound allies.

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Messages In This Thread
[Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Random Event - 07-19-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Merakerr - 07-20-2013, 01:33 AM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by d'Artagnan - 07-20-2013, 05:57 AM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Deimos - 07-20-2013, 10:19 AM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Saga - 07-20-2013, 04:31 PM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Mesec - 07-21-2013, 05:34 AM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Hototo - 07-22-2013, 02:24 PM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Lace - 07-23-2013, 03:53 PM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Random Event - 07-24-2013, 12:06 AM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Mesec - 07-25-2013, 09:39 PM
RE: [Endless Night] Green Wrath - by Merakerr - 07-26-2013, 11:10 AM