the Rift

For all is not always fair in both love and war..

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy

Arlo

I am wandering, wandering through the bleak lands between where I used to be and where I am now, both literally and figuratively. I am as lost as I am in one as with the other. I no longer know where I have come from, nor where I am going. My once shining blue ice pools are dull with confusion and something that feels like bitterness, but what could just as easily be sorrow. See, I cannot make up my mind whether to be angry,sad or just plain dull. I feel like I have lost everything, but nothing at the same time.

For, you see, what I have lost is someplace where I didn't fit in, and someone I barely even knew. So why am I feeling so obliterated? Searing anger drives it way through my veins, quickly followed by waves of tumbling grief. I cannot decide to be relieved to be away from what I was becoming or agitated about being humiliated in front of all those I once called family. Demons throw themselves clumsily around my cranium,bouncing off its walls with larger thuds that cause me to shake my dial in frustration, hoping to shake them out. No such luck would come my way of course.

As my hooves noticed a change in the ground, be it that harsh sand of the desert changed to a softer form of vegetation, I decided to pause in my pity party and actually take in my surroundings. I blinked in surprise as I noted that I was now in what appeared to be a relatively vast, dense forest rather than the expanse of desert I had been trudging across for the last god knows how long. I had been running away for some time it seemed. Away from the humiliation of failing in battle in front of my war bred comrades. Away from the guilt that haunted me, that it was my fault the rebels had killed Isidora. And away from the grief that the beautiful Spanish princess was dead, all because I had gone soft and taken my eye off the ball.And it clearly hadn't taken me long to get back to my invite only pity party. I was starting to bore even myself.

I picked up my pace, my long grey pillars quickly fell back into the regimented brisk march that had been drilled into me from day one of my life. My shimmering pearly banner now dragged along the floor, picking up debris, and I had to constantly blow my bangs from my eyes in order to see where I was going. Once I reached a suitable clearing, I drew to a stop and looked about me, looking for any sign of life that might be lurking in the shadows. I brought myself up to my full height and drew my head into my chest, just like the warhorse I had been bred to be..

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I was traveling back into the threshold once more in hopes of picking up yet another recruit for the ever-growing band of crazy horses that was taking residence in the Spectral Marsh. It seemed as though I was the only one who was caring enough at the moment to actually take the time to attempt to grab them. Really, now? Did I have to be the only one to do such things? We had enough members to have them start to go out and stalk these thresholds as well! I was not the only one really required in recruiting. But, that would be left for a different meeting - a different day. Right now, I was on my own personal mission - to find yet another recruit.

Because there are never enough crazies, are there? came the sarcasm of the bass voice I had connected with Unheil a long time ago. No. There were never enough. And I would continue on until they had all found a home here with us - not only so that they could have a home (since I wasn't all an evil soul) but mainly so that I could have the power of a land to call our own under our feet. That, really, was exactly what my blood-thirsty mind was craving.

You should be doing this out of the kindness of your heart! the annoyed soprano chords fluttered around my cranium as I continued to move on, my eyes having taken in the appearance of the moon between some of the ever looming branches above me. Instantly, I shook off Innerste's comments before standing up a little taller and freezing in place. No. The moon was back. As glad as I was for some light, and this trickling feeling of more souls connecting to my frame than just the four in my head, I was afraid that it meant the sun was going to rise again. With the sun not rising the world was The Asylum's playground. We could create nightmare after nightmare with ease. But, now, if the sun were to rise, we would once again really be limited to the night.

With a sigh upon my lips I shuffled forward again, my entire body swinging gracefully in rhythm as I allowed my crystalline hooves to float across the terrain until I could find someone to study in the deep shadows. For, after all, one must study their prey before they allow their predatory instincts to take over and snatch them up. It seemed, though, as if on cue, I wouldn't have to look very far to find that prey to stalk. For, he must be crazy before I allow him to head toward this group. And, if he is not then I must see some reasoning for them to have the desire to heal those around them.

But, the one which I found seemed to be a recke. His frame rippling with muscle, hooves tracking up as his head was held tightly against his chest. A brisk march was upon his legs, but he seemed to have something itching at his cranium that was not of all which he desired. Something that allowed my frame to continue stalking him. A warrior. We could use more. Those would need to be trained that were too scared to do much else but stand there. They would need to learn to fight come the time of an invasion. We had time, don't get me wrong. But it wasn't much. And all would have to learn well before we actually took the chance to do anything else.

So, with a gentle stride, I allowed my hips to sway and my body to slide deep into the shadows beside him. His frame, stopping once in a clearing to look around and see what it was he believed was following him. A smirk was bestowed upon my maw as I allowed my soprano chords to swirl into the air with sharp turns and dips as consonants created jagged edges from the german heritage. "Nightmares lurk in the night. They do not take much to appear from the shadows like the monsters under your bed. With slimy tendrils they cling to your frame and attempt to take over your mind and rule your actions. Has something of the like snagged onto your precious mind?"

Carefully, I pulled myself from the shadows with a smile upon my face. "It looks as though a nightmare might have started to stick to your brain," I said, the same soprano chords and harsh consonants pulled out from a source now instead of the eery shadows. Stopping but a few feet off from his frame before tilting my head to the side a little bit in a slightly inquisitive manner. He's strong. I'd hope we could pull him in. He'd be a lovely fit... came Schwere's voice and I couldn't help but to let out a tiny laugh. It was not an airy one. It was definitely one that might be considered from a nightmare. Of course I knew he was a strong one. That was why I had spoken up and tried to get him to speak and see if he was of the same tattered mind as those which we had also pulled in with us. I was not dumb - even though Schwere and Unheil preferred to believe that I was so that they could continue to bother me with things I did know.

With a gentle shake of my head I peered up toward the larger stallion, yellow eyes flickering with welcoming and evil at the same time. "I am Seele. Might I inquire what it is a recke as you are doing out here and what it is you are attempting to find here? Perhaps I can offer aid in your mission." I said, a sweetness edging around the forever poisonous tone that flew from my mouth and wrapped around in the air. It was who I was, and who I always would be.

But, perhaps, this endeavor would also provide us with another warrior to aid us on our mission...

1036 words
@[Arlo]
recruiting for The Asylum
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Stephy
(07-20-2013, 12:01 PM)Arlo Wrote:

Arlo

Standing there, basked in the moonlight, I was drowning, drowning in my own self -pity. Wallowing like I was walking out into the ocean to disappear under the foam, to end it all. If only I could actually end it all, my own navel gazing filling my lungs and eventually extinguishing my life force forever. It would make everything so much simpler. I wouldn’t have to decide between the two sides fighting it out in my darkened cranium, crashing around so violently that I had an ever present headache. Which one was meant to win out? For the good in me was weak and barely ever had the upper hand in the fight, but it still held on, defending my original soul self valiantly. But the evil was the one who kept pulling ahead, and pulling me under, under my subconscious. It took me over so completely that I had no control whatsoever, the demons taking over and taking me with them. I would come to days later with no clue where I was, how I got there or what had occurred. I was often covered in the rust colour of dried blood, which regularly wasn’t mine. When good finally dragged me above the evil, the realisation that I had probably caused harm, only served to make the demons stronger and made it easier to drag me back under.

The continuous fight going on within my cranium, which effectively had nothing to do with me, was exhausting. I wasn’t sure how much longer it could go on before something snapped beyond repair. My soul was slowly and irrecoverably being torn apart, the pureness and light slowly spilling out and being engulfed by the blackness. More and more I found in my rare moments of peace that I was willing the goodness in me to win out. It was who I was before this dreadful mess happened; it was who I was born to be. I couldn’t be so weak as to let my past affect my pathway in life. It would only lead me to hell, which didn’t seem so far away these days, which only led me to believe that the days where I could save myself were numbered. It wasn’t like the demons and ghouls that scrambled around in my dial were going to make it easy whatsoever, which meant I had to put up much more of a fight against them if I stood any chance of coming out victorious.

I had to make sure that the loss of Isidora from my life wasn’t in vain. If I let the demons take hold, she would have died for no reason. I might have only known her for a few short days, but she taught me not to be ashamed of who I was, just because I wasn’t the same war orientated beasts that my family were. Had we have won the battle for her family, to save them all then I would have left my family and joined her kingdom, for they suited my more peaceful nature much more than my family ever had. But my feelings had distracted me and all my discipline and training had disappeared and we lost. We lost the battle, which meant our reputation as a band of warriors for hire, and worse of all, I lost Isidora and it was entirely my fault. This blame and guilt is what gave the demons an entrance into my being. At least they gave me a chance to break away from family before they took hold. I had a burst of nerve when I broke free from them, determined to show Isidora that I could, I could be my own equine. But having spent months traipsing around on my own had allowed my thoughts to rattle around with nobody to interrupt them and had slowly turned everything into a living nightmare.

All at once, I was thrown out of my pity party by the sense that I was being watched and judged. It made my training override everything, and I stood up straight, pulling my head in, stamping my feet to make the muscles ripple underneath my snowy pelt. I flicked the bangs from my dial, and my pools searched for the culprit. I was showing off, as per my previous training, even though I had no idea who for. But at least if they were foe, they might think twice about moving towards me. If they were friend, they might be put off, but that was a risk I was more than willing to take. It’s not like I actually wanted company right now, I could barely trust myself alone right now, let alone with someone else.

I shivered as I felt them slide around me, my pools still searching, but the moonlight made focussing hard for my icy blue pools. The shadows were long and dense and this unknown clearly didn’t want to be seen yet. I wasn’t unnerved enough yet to stumble and break from my warlike stance. Weakness would only make them more likely to launch themselves from the swirling shadows and attack. I barely even flinched when soprano chords struck through the air towards my harks. The accent was harsh and jagged; this unknown was foreign and clearly felt no fear. The words they spoke struck with the demons, causing them to shriek and up their tempo of crashing around my cranium.

The demons took hold and chose my response;
“Why don’t you pull yourself from the shadows stranger? I like to look my prey in the face. For whom even said that this was nightmare rather than a dream? Shadows only exist to those who wish to hide behind them after all. Ones dream can be another ones nightmare.”
I said this with a smirk placed upon my maw and a glint in my pools, daring them to appear and contradict me.

As the darkened beast removed themselves from the shadows, I treated him to the same judgement they had clearly done me lurking in the darkness. I was surprised to notice that it was a femmora that appeared in front of me, and was slightly impressed. I took note of the fact that she was a unicorn with a horn and hooves of glass, and the good in me wondered if her heart was made of the same. But she was tall and muscled and dark in colour, with a war face, all of which showed me she was warrior in nature, which of course only caused the demons to shriek in delight, for here was another to aid them in their cause of dragging me under.

I blinked as a harsh, dark laugh erupted from deep within her, and couldn’t help but wonder what she was finding humorous. If it was me, then she was sorely mistaken. I pricked my harks as poisonous sounding lyrics floating through the air, surrounding me in her darkness. I dipped my dial in a small show of respect as the demons took over my vocal chords once again.

“Well hello there pretty one, I am Arlo. I am out here for I am passing through after a long battle. As for what I am looking for, it could well be one such as you, you do look like a tasty little morsel after all. So in conclusion, perhaps you can help me after all sweetie..”
All of this was said in a serpent like hiss, pools flashing and with pearls slightly bared.

I stood and waited apon her response, knowing I was only trying to antagonise her, to spark her off. I wanted to see what she was made of, or more accurately the demons did…

Abba
The shadows. They were my blood. They were my life. I might as well have become a vampire for the light was something I preferred to keep my precious pelt out of. Besides, when one is built to lurk in the shadows then that is what they should do. I spoke of nightmares snagging onto brains and taking them over. I spoke of a truth that was living in my mind but could be applied to many others given the correct circumstances. I spoke to build a connection with the stag before me.

He stayed tall, taught like a warrior as I spoke, asking me to step from the shadows so he could look his 'prey' in the face. A laugh escaped my maw. "Well said, but I am far from this 'prey' which you speak of." I said, raising my eyebrow a little in distaste as he eyed me. It was only fair, I supposed since I had done the same to him in the shadows.

Once more I laughed and he dipped his head in a tiny show of respect before he spoke again. Good. He had some idea of what respect should be given to a lady - that was all I needed to run with. Pretty one. How darling. It did not strike me as his real self at all. But perhaps he was torn and had two lovely souls trapped in his body. And then, he finished off saying that he was looking for a tasty morsel. I laughed again. "I can easily direct you to a lovely pack of wolves if you wish to play with your undeniable blood-thirst. But, I'm afraid if you get near me the only blood that will be spilled in excess will be from where your pelt was cut with my horn." I warn, letting out an indignant snort. He did not scare me. His teeth were bared ever so slightly as I shuffled my cryastalline hooves in place, my audits pinning against my cranium, as my yellow eyes still glowed a poisonous colour. "Now, if you wish to find a home, that is something else I have - as well as something akin to a job for someone of a warrior stature. That is, if you haven't suddenly decided you are weak." A cackle escapes my maw. "This job is not for the weak. If that's the case I might just have to... drop you there." A smirk pulls up my lips. "You know... like... a broken toy at the border. Such a sad thing for one who seems to be as fit and put together as you," I finished, tilting my head to the side inquisitively as if to see if he wished to hear more of my venomous words.

473 words
So much shorter than the last one. Dx
@[Arlo]
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Stephy

Arlo

The ghouls that clamoured around my being were on high alert with the arrival of this small but clearly powerful femmora. They could tell that she could be the one who could drown the good in me for good, and that sent them surging through my bloodstream at an alarming rate, causing my heart rate to increase, my icy blues to flash and my pearls to grind. The need for blood was suddenly almost uncontrollable. Then I was lost, lost under the cloak of the ghouls. This was no longer me as I knew it, and whenever I came to, I would have no memory of what was to come next. I wondered briefly if you could almost see the cloak settle over my eyes, or whether it was subtle enough that nobody ever noticed the switch. The ghouls were screeching now, and the headache was unimaginable, but it wouldn’t be long until my cranium gave up to them completely and the pain would subside.

My pillars stamped on the spot in frustration as my bloodlust gained momentum, but I knew that it would do me no good to feast on the one who stood before me, I would have to wait to sink my teeth into something living. The thought of that bright red life force spurting everywhere was the only thing getting me through this encounter. The serpent like hiss was back as I responded to the pretty one in front of me;

‘Pray, forgive me dear. Just ones who normally lurk in shadows tend to be prey, only there to be squashed and extinguished. I can tell however, you clearly have a different reason for hiding your pretty self behind the darkness. I am sorry for the offence I clearly caused, though I suggest you not be so sensitive if you insist on lurking.’

My pools glinted and flashed and my pillars continued to stamp as I spat out the lyrics.

‘I will hold off on the wolves for now, for I have a feeling that something bigger is on the cards, but maybe later, but only if you will play with me..’

I was cut short as she poisoned the air with her threats towards me. My maw screwed into a smirk, I couldn’t imagine a situation where she could hurt me, but I was interested enough in what she had to say to restrain from trying it out.

‘Now, now, dearest, no need to threaten me. I am of no danger to you, I tend not to harm those of the so called fairer sex. And please refrain from calling me weak, otherwise I may have to make an exception to that rule. Now pray, do tell me more of this job. I could do with something to entertain me, for I am undisposed at the moment. Besides, it will give you the chance to see I am far from broken..

As I finished speaking, I locked my eyes on hers, holding the strong gaze and waiting for her to spit at me again. I was finding this whole thing quite delightful..

"Talk talk talk."
Think Think Think
Fugue State

Image Credits

Abba
There was a noticable shift in his appearance. Though, it might only be to my trained eyes. The calmer, nicer demeanor had shifted to a blood-thirsty appearance. His eyes almost hazed over with the power of it and I couldn't help but to have the smile widen upon my face.

He stamped the ground before him, annoyed. His words apologizing for assuming I was prey. I couldn't help but to laugh a little bit as he landed upon the truth. I spoke a few more words, offering an enticing deal before he spoke again. Saying he would hold off on the wolves. Again, a laugh escaped my lips. Good, there was still some sense in that brain of his. "I will definitely join you in the crushing of a few canines," I purred before continuing on with my offer.

A smirk curled up on the corners of my maw as he asked me to explain the job even fuller. "It is a position of a warrior. You would help us fight. Currently, we are a growing herd looking for somewhere to... take over. We require the strongest members only - and I've found the strongest are those with a disposition to... insanity... which I believe you house with your sudden switches from polite to demonic. Arlo - would you be interested in joining the Asylum and helping us wreck havoc and create nightmares?" I purred, shifting my weight ever so slightly and flicking my tail. It was time that I gained another warrior. It was time that we began to really stand tall and take the world on.

A lovely fit for a group far from normal...

281 words
@[Arlo]
my next post can close this up?
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Stephy

Arlo

A shiver crossed my spine as the realisation struck that she had noticed the change in power within me to that of evil, and I revelled in the fact that she was far from repulsed by it, nay, she seemed almost turned on by it. I could smell the excitement in the air, though I could no longer distinguish whether it was mine or hers. Not that it really mattered.

I could no longer stand still, the need for blood was coursing through my veins, pulsing right behind my eyes. I moved forward, entwining my way round this enticing femme, banner high and flicking, high on the dark and twisted atmosphere. Her harsh laugh reminded me that she wasn’t one for seducing and spitting out like the morsel I first assumed she was. She was quite surprisingly shaping up into something of an equal, and even more shocking was that I was accepting it, perhaps even enjoying it. I had never experienced a femmora who could challenge me so.

I snorted as she spoke of my other side, my weaker side. My serpent like hiss leaked lyrics that swirled around her;

’I would be ever so grateful if we didn’t speak of that weakling again dearest. It only gives him the incentive to return, and fighting him bores me so. I hear your offer, and it is one that I will not reject straight out of hand. For as I spoke of before, my dreams are most others nightmares, so spinning webs of destruction and blood spill is something I would take great pleasures in. But alas, I am too hungry to make such a decision, how about we go and hunt for a bit, and I can give you my final answer once my cravings have been sated?’

I knew I was going to take her up on the offer, and if she was to push me for an answer right now, it would be affirmative. But the need for blood was strong, and I fancied seeing who I had gotten myself into dealings with..

"Talk talk talk."
Think Think Think
Fugue State
Tagged: @[Seele]
Count:346
OOC: Sure finish it off!

Image Credits

Abba
A quick shuffle of my feet as I shift my position ever so lightly before allowing my venomous lyrics to flood from my maw. My laugh was forever echoing through the trees as everything around us coursed through my veins.

I spoke of his weaker side and it created a low hiss to emerge from his maw. It is a sickening hiss - one that proves of the demonic attitude in his frame. It was enticing, something which I'm sure I would play with a little bit more - see how far one could push before he broke and was forced to switch to a more mannerly side, the inner gentle pushing to the surface.

He spoke, of how he did not wish for the weakling side to appear again. And then, he claimed he would not reject the offer right away. He said that spinning the webs of destruction and the allowing the masses to be in left in puddles of blood, perhaps even pools of blood. Then, he requested that we go for a hunt. He claimed she would get an answer as soon as his hunger had been satiated. He better accept. Though it would be good for you to get some blood upon your hooves again - get the predatory instincts back into the highly functioning order that they had once been. Schwere complained.

With a low bob of my head in acceptance of his need for cravings I spun upon my haunches and started back toward the actual lands. "This way. And don't try anything." I instructed, not waiting to see if he was coming with as I picked my way through the surroundings. Nostril were flared in this thing layer of light as I searched out something for which to play with.

302 words
And thread is complete
If you're warm, then you can't relate to me
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●