the Rift

[OPEN] Slug on the doorstep

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni. </style>
Distance feels further when you love with fervor 
and no second thoughts.  </style>

The hollow expression of the mare's eyes is troublesome, but Onni cannot help the warmth she feels for the girl already. Whatever sadness takes the life from her heart, the shaman was fairly certain could be assuaged by the support of herdmates. Willing to give her the friendship needed in the dark night, the painted mare slips her wing for a small embrace before returning her soft, feathered wing to her side, glancing over with sky eyes. There is something truly weary about the way this mare carries herself, but it is uncertain whether or not a long travel plays a part in that tired expression.

The drawn lines of the grey's face makes Onni believe that it is more than simple travel-worn legs bothering the girl. Maybe it is the darkness that had frayed the painted girl's own nerves. Maybe it is the loss of someone once loved. Speculation could bring about a thousand explanations, and the tobiano has a feeling she will never guess the true source.

Upon her shoulder, Lyhty lets out a soothing chirp, attempting to ease the feeling that plagued her.

She was polite, but withdrawn. From her place beside the grey, Onni finds herself at a loss. The healer often made the attempt to be outgoing, friendly, and willing to stretch for conversation. However, looking toward the dampened expression of her company, the tobiano's tongue was tied in knots. If not for the added comment of the downtrodden girl, the healer likely would have allowed the conversation to come to an awkward end. Instead, the pale faced beauty offers up an appreciative smile in response, glad that the girl was willing to make Onni comfortable even when there was a monster eating at her own heart.

"I long for the sands of crimson when I travel," the shaman says earnestly, nodding at the end of her words. Onni was the longest living inhabitant in the herd, at the moment, having preceded the invasion of the Tuuli. Unlike her mother, the Illuminant had only known the Dragon's Throat as a home here, in this land. Part of her heart still earned for the fallen Cliffs and the lively Islands of Isilme, but this desert had usurped her sense of home. "I do not believe we have ever met. I am Onni," a bright smile once more coupled with her introduction. "What's your name, friend?"

Messages In This Thread
Slug on the doorstep - by Africa - 07-21-2013, 06:34 PM
RE: Slug on the doorstep - by Onni - 07-21-2013, 07:39 PM
RE: Slug on the doorstep - by Africa - 07-24-2013, 10:46 PM
RE: Slug on the doorstep - by Onni - 07-26-2013, 09:50 PM
RE: Slug on the doorstep - by Africa - 07-26-2013, 10:49 PM
RE: Slug on the doorstep - by Onni - 07-26-2013, 11:36 PM