the Rift

Discover the unknown [Ink]

Olema Surema Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I freeze.

The moment our skin touched everything changed. I am bombarded by strange images. No, no, not images I realize, memories. I gasp, releasing him and stepping back. I feel blind and my feet stumble for a moment as the back of my eyes flash with all of his recollections. They overwhelm me.

My sister is there, her shoulder a support on my as she guides me to strength. I am too absorbed by this one though, this Ink. He has lived a sad, lonely life I realize. He is mute, as I thought, and magical with his inky tail as I saw. He suffers in this heat, that too I see, it pulls his magic from him.

The memories subside into a dull ache in the back of my head, stored or something I don't truly know, but my eyes can refocus on the world at hoof. I blink - the light seems unnaturally bright and Ink fully dark. He is scowling but I've no time to worry over his feelings now. I turn, eyes seizing my sister who is Ink. "Sister, I think I understand." In Ink's memories I also saw better what happened than his story told. My sibling ran into him, from then on she became him. My touch, took his memories? No, I think, glancing over at him. He's acting normal, not empty. I copied them, didn't I? Same as Olema copied his form.

I understand now.

"Can you paint?" I ask, curious to see the extent of this, my panic subsided. I sense we are awakening.

She shakes her head, confused or unable, perhaps both. I glance back at Ink. He's standing like a frightened caged animal, his back shouldered against a lone tree. I snort, annoyed at this kink in my understanding. Perhaps my sister is thirsty, like he is? "Come, let's get you to the stream."

Messages In This Thread
Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 07-30-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Ink - 08-02-2012, 10:14 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 08-06-2012, 04:42 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Ink - 08-06-2012, 04:46 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 08-06-2012, 04:53 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Ink - 08-06-2012, 05:09 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 08-06-2012, 05:19 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Ink - 08-06-2012, 05:24 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 08-06-2012, 05:33 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Ink - 08-06-2012, 05:36 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 08-06-2012, 05:49 PM