the Rift

[OPEN] The shadows betray you

Fawkes Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Slowly it started coming back to me. I had been walking the line of trees with the glowing lights. I had been trying to head south. I had been looking for food, for warmth, for shelter. Trying to get out of the snow. My limbs had gotten weak, more numb than they ever had by cold, by long hard miles. Since I had not eaten for days, I had blacked out by my body's simple needs I wasn't keeping. It made perfect sense I was dying. What a pathetic way to go. I kept being struck my a dark shadow that hovered over me. I had thought I was following one, but was it just holding me here till it was time? If I was in control I would have gritted my teeth, let out a sound of my frustration. Called out to the unknown. There was something else I couldn't quite hold on to, and it laid just behind my reach.

Skuggi. Yes! I had been trying to find her. Follow her? Letting her lead me? Another long breath found its way into my chest, and I kept trying to move. All at once I didn't feel light, and unharmed. Everything felt heavy, crushed, and a bit more painful. That must mean I was alive. I was torn to be thrilled, or depressed. Apparently, I guess it was not my time.

There was the warmth again, a faint caress on my face. I waited for smell of smoke, but there was none. The muscles in my throat shuffled back dryness. Nothing came out, not for awhile. I laid there like a corpse, not aware of a voice.

Slowly I started to feel my body warm, feel the nerves tingle in a strange way beneath my skin. Unlike when I had had my magic, this didn't hurt the same. Suddenly, I began to cough. A hard awful thing that hurt my chest. I was only aware of a few hushed words. When my eyes rolled open I couldn't see much. I had felt someone near my face. The more my brain woke up, talking to the rest of my body, I knew I was surrounded by something soft. My teeth chomped, my lips opening, I tried to recall how to speak. "Shh--adow?" I begin to cough again, wondering what the hell is wrong with my lungs. My nostrils quiver, taking in that familiar scent, I can faintly see her obsidian face. I try to speak, it ends up being half a grunt I made to stop another cough. I wince at her, with a smile thinking not all angels wear white.

I clear my throat, this time a soft wheeze, and a less forceful cough making its way. Apparently there was something down there I needed rid of, but I wasn't too bothered by it. "So..is this where you planned on leaving me?" I say, a touch of humor to he corners of my eyes, and my smile I couldn't stop smiling.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
The shadows betray you - by Fawkes - 07-22-2013, 05:59 PM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Shadow - 07-23-2013, 02:18 PM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Fawkes - 07-23-2013, 11:43 PM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Kri - 07-26-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Shadow - 07-29-2013, 09:53 AM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Fawkes - 08-08-2013, 12:27 AM