the Rift

[OPEN] The shadows betray you

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

Chilly winds carry me home, once again my friend in the dark hours of the night, reflecting in the moonlight.

My body feels sore in general from my recent spars, with the bitter cold of winter aiding in the pangs. All of my training could not reverse my years, in the end, when the cold crowded in on me. However, I feel like it is momentary, even now, as the glow of red sands can be seen in the distance, the great pyre keeping my home illuminated. I cannot breathe away the anxiety in my chest just yet, but at least nothing had tarnished the tower of flames in the heart of my home.

It is not until I am nearly past the flowing grasses of the Heart that I see something rather upsetting on the border of my home. I dip low, allowing my wings to carry me only ten feet from the sands, straining my eyes in the dark of the night to make out a lump of winged black sprawled over a body on the ground. My heart catches in my throat for a dangerous moment as I wonder: had my worries not been unfounded? Had my empire come to some heartache in my absence?

I land upon the sands, their soft hush of a toss forward greeting me. The slap of hooves on the dirt rings forward, making my own announcement to the lady of black as I rush forward at a canter, coming to a gentle stop at the side of Shadow before peering over to her, glancing at the white maned unicorn under her wing.

"Is everything alright?" I ask, quite tired from my journey but holding myself steady, voice confident despite the quake in my chest.

Messages In This Thread
The shadows betray you - by Fawkes - 07-22-2013, 05:59 PM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Shadow - 07-23-2013, 02:18 PM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Fawkes - 07-23-2013, 11:43 PM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Kri - 07-26-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Shadow - 07-29-2013, 09:53 AM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Fawkes - 08-08-2013, 12:27 AM