[OPEN] scarecrow [open for anyone]

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali
 look into my eyes</style>

its where my demons hide
</style>

The moon has finally reappeared in the sky, giving just a bit of light to the gloomily dark world. The forest, despite the moon's best efforts at providing some sort of light, remains dark and impassive. Still, it draws the young stallion into its dark embrace. It was here that he came when the Dark Goddess had told him and his brother to isolate themselves from their family. It was here that he had come to rely on his brother far too much, and it was here that he'd met his pale sister for the first time. It is this very forest that he returns to after deserting his brother and leaving the herd lands and any hope of joining them behind. He feels now that he is not meant to be part of any group. He is to be a loner.

Still, that is not what he wants. He wants to be part of something. He no longer wants to be alone, but feels that he is resigned to accept his fate. Silvery blue tipped hairs trail along the ground behind him as he moves through the forest. He is slow in his wandering, having no particular place to be or direction to travel in. Was this to be his life? Aimless wandering. Pointless living. His mother and father had wished better for him, he thinks. Would they be ashamed to see their son wasting his life? If they weren't ashamed of him then they would be ashamed of Varath and the hatred he held in his heart. Hatred that he, himself, had almost bought in to. But the young silver and blue stud withdrew and fled when he realized just how much he cares about his family. He cannot willingly be a part of something that would tear them all apart.

Freezing cold water splashes as his hooves step into the pool that he knows is near the center of the forest. He is not lost no matter how dark it is. He remembers the red stones that line the bottom of the pool, looking like blood. This place feels like home. He begins to think that instead of trying to find a place among others he should just stay where he is. Where he feels accepted. The young stallion stops when the water is partway to his knees and he sighs. The chill of the water and the air makes his flesh prickle, but he does not move. Instead his head lifts and he tries to peer at the moon through the canopy of trees.

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend

How long has it been since I have seen the moon adorning the skies? How many days? How many nights? How many weeks, months? Surely it has not yet been years. No, it cannot be. I may have lost track of time, but it has not been that long. I have grown accustomed to the darkness now, used to finding my way in the dark. What will happen when the sun returns, I wonder? Will we all go blind? Will we run for cover, burning in its heat and glory? Or will things simply return to the way they used to be? How can they, when so much has happened? Despite the questions, it is without a heavy heart that I walk through the forest, for I am at peace with the world. I have found my place, and that is satisfactory for now, though I know there is much to do before we are truly safe. And today (tonight?) I walk in the shadow of the Deep Forest, a place that I have longed to visit since I learned of it.

There is much to see in the forest, you see, much to hear; I have always enjoyed woodlands, and I presume that this one will be no different. My hoofbeats drum a simple, four-part beat against my retinas, painted in a medium shade of brown. This particular colour is perhaps the most familiar, for it accompanies me everywhere I go. For every step I take, bronze blooms in my vision, and so in a way it is my constant companion. The forest brings its own array of sounds and their resulting colours: a rather out-of-season bird calls, and a vibrant orange blossoms, winding its way around the browns; a wind rustles the branches overhead, calling a brilliant emerald to play. To one side, a brook bubbles gently, and an aquamarine flitters across and around and in between the others, a great cacophony of hues and shades that is at once chaotic and serene.

I follow the stream, reveling in the beauty of such landscape, though I care less for the sights and more for the sounds. It empties into a pool, oddly still despite the rushing water. Ripples dissipate into nothingness, and on the far side stands a young stallion, alone. I am more than capable of defending myself, and so it is without hesitation that I round the bend of the pool to stand nearby, though I am not so mad as to immerse myself in water during Frostfall. "It seems to me that it might be a bit chilly for a swim, dear," I offer, the advice said solemnly, but amusement in my expression. In all honesty, I couldn't care less either way, but if I can use him, or, better yet, bring him home, it would be all the better a walk.

"Talk talk talk."

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

I moved effortlessly through the thicket of both large and small tress and shrubbery, the stringy white hair growing from either end of my body occasionally snagging onto the nearest branch or tangled vines of brier patches. I picked up each rounded, pretty black hoof high in the air in order not to trip over the unseen nature traps. It seems that I still have not gathered very well footing for this thick foliage, nor the sticky suction of the endless mud in the bogs. We had always tried to invade the clean cut, meadow like lands when I still lived at home. Thanks to the small amount of light flitting through the high leaf and needle weaved roof, the ground became visible in very few spots, allowing me to meander and weave through unnecessary obstacles.

Having the moon back was glorious; the darkness had taken a toll on my mind set and often made my thoughts sleepy and confusing. The transition between the darkness and sudden moonlight was only aided by the tiny twinkle of a few stars here and there that I had actually thought my mind was creating. Everything had a new smell as well, but that may also be from escaping the stench of the bogs. There was a crisp breeze in the air once in a while that filled my every pore and seemed to lighten my spirit. A soft breeze pushed against my dark face, ruffling my long forelock backward and causing it to wind around my ears and horns.

A new smell suddenly hit me in the face as if I had run straight into one of the smooth barked trees; another outlander. My body froze, purple eyes staring straight ahead into the minimal amount of light. A fair distance away a white body moved and seemed to be disappearing into a dip in the earth. I watched him silently, dark ears perched forward with caution once he too froze. Large nostrils flared wide, attempting to draw in another deep breath of what scent the short gust of wind may have left behind. Nothing strong enough to gather any thing else than what I had gotten.

I released the breath in a quick snort that I'm sure was audible enough to draw attention. My body stayed motionless for a few moments, debating whether or not to approach the white stranger. May as well. They may be interesting, my voice bounced through my skull. Tense muscles unlocked in order to allow my body to continue forward, the blood circulation feeling like a rush once it was allowed to move swiftly through it's veins. Slowly was how I moved toward the mass of white fur, quickly finding that he was much taller than myself.

Another body danced from the darkened edges of my vision; the gorgeous white and blue framed mare Reizend that had resided in my herd bounced toward the nameless mass of meat that stood in the water. She said something about it being "chilly," calculating in my brain that the water must have either been just recently melted, or magical in order to not be a solid sheet of ice. Seeing another Asylum character was nice, it seemed to make me feel less guilty for being outside of our home territory.

I paused at the edge of the pond, not too far to the left of where I had watched him enter the waters. Purple gaze filed him out, pointing out and saving the most obvious characteristics of the massive stud; his fur was tinted with a gray hue rather than the bright white my eyes had suggested from afar. Blue markings dashed his body nearly everywhere it seemed, crawling from his face to his back and continuing down each strong leg. Also, a handsome blue bone jutted from his forehead. I continued to stare in silence; one of the things that I have found myself to be fairly good at. My bright tail swung back and forth out of boredom, brushing my hocks along with the needle and leaf littered ground.

"Speak." Walk walk
Ooc: Oh my gawd, I totally replied to this right after Rayo responded! Haha. So this post has been modified from the original. Sorry! xD
@[Vadim] && @[Reizend]
AgronA
All systems go, sun hasn't died
Deep in my bones, straight from inside

image credits
table by whit

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali
Blue rimmed ears tilt forward as the young stud hears the approach of another under the dark cover of the forest. His head lifts and pale blue eyes search out the one that approaches. He is not kept waiting long before she reveals herself. Though he has had very limited experiences with females of any species, he knows what beauty is and she embodies the very word. For as young and inexperienced as he is, however, he knows beauty to be corrupt and wonders at what corruption taints this blue and white beauty. Wet strands of his tail ripple the surface of the pool and his gaze never leaves her as she wanders around the edge of it to stand nearby. Her comment seems to fall on deaf ears as the coolness of the water does little more than chill him to the bone. At the sound of her voice his gaze narrows and he begins to study her, searching out some flaw that would lessen her beauty; some flaw that would prove that his limited experience was correct and all beauty was corrupt.

She stops moving, but the hoof falls do not and it is then that he knows that she did not come alone. One ear stays tilted toward her while the other rotates toward the sound of the other that approaches. Upon the ceasing of the other hoof falls the pale stud turns his head toward the other, noting her size and appearance. He blinks his pale eyes as her color registers, reminding him of his father who was dark bodied with a pale mane and tail. No way is she related to him, though. Her horns are wrong and she does not bear any of the coloring or markings that note those who share his blood. Not even he looks like his father, he thinks then. Of all the red marked bodies that make up his family he is pale and blue. He is the black sheep of the family.

Vadim holds the mare’s gaze as she stares at him, though his gaze is far more critical than it should be. He does not think she is beautiful, not like the blue and white mare that came first. His head then swings toward the other mare, his ears lying back against his head. He does not like feeling like he has been surrounded. He does not like the sinister feeling he now gets from the two of them, though he knows his imagination could be running away with him.

”What?” His voice is deep and gravelly, cracked from disuse, but all masculine. His weight shifts as he moves to withdraw himself from the icy waters because he does not feel it to be the best position should either of the two forest sprites decide to attack him for no good reason. He clears his throat as he levels his gaze on the first mare that had shown herself. "What do.." He pauses his question and coughts before continuing on. "..you want?" He licks his lips as he waits for an answer.

ooc:// sneaky ali posted at work even though she’s not supposed to >_>
will add table in tonight when I get home.

@[Agrona]
@[Reizend]

Icon by Tay

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Ho-Ho-HOLD UP.

You didn't think you could just slip into the forest and hide away from the evil pouring into Helovia, did you?

Perhaps you simply thought that Vadim was evil enough.

Nay-nay little lost souls; nay nay.

It slips in slowly - the way music will slip in under the door and through the cracks in the floor boards. The way perfume scents a brothel, but doesn't appear to come from any one particular source. It comes the way autumn does - perhaps slowly and almost indistinguishable at first, and then

BAZINGA;

everything is lit up in the firey and beautiful throws of death. So the fog comes.

And comes, and comes.

First it is no more than a dousing of colour, as if the ground is suddenly desaturated by a shade or two. As it grows, it does so almost inoffensively, as if to say: Oh, don't mind me. Carry on. Listen to Vadim. It's already too late - even if you think it isn't, even if you think you could outrun, or possibly defend yourself against it, you can't. Though, I will admit, it certainly looks harmless enough at this point, now doesn't it? There is fog in the Woods, that is no new feature. Perhaps you're only just noticing it now, for with the Moon's light, you can see better?

You can tell yourself that, if it makes you feel better.

But soon you won't feel better. Soon you won't feel anything at all. So carry on little doves, while you still can.

darknightoftroy

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend

A crisp, cool breeze flickers across my back, wrapping tender tendrils along my sides, stroking softly under my belly, twirling gently at my banner. It is a breeze of spring, though the new season is still several weeks away and I still find myself chilled from the current temperatures; but new life has been in the air for a few days now, with the nights growing steadily warmer. It happens to be my favorite time of year, filled with new life and wondrous beginnings, and so I welcome this early taste of Birdsong with a smile. Still, I think the steed quite mad for his excursion into the pond.

As I wait for his response, I hear a soft snort, a gentle salmon splash across my vision. It is very weak, though, so dim that I could have imagined it. I am sure, however, that I did not, and so when a dark-hued mare that I dimly recognize as one of my sisters (in name, if not in blood) materializes from the gloom, I am not in the least surprised. Instead, I turn my smile to her and dip my head in greeting, her colour now imprinted solidly in my mind. My pupiless gaze returns to the steed, and I meet his eyes as he examines me almost critically. For what does he search? There is no more to me than there is to any other, and yet he seems to find nothing amiss; he turns to appraise Agrona similarly. Again, he does not seem to find what he is looking for.

He still has not spoken. A lesser mare might have found this rude, but I find myself wondering if we have stumbled across a kindred spirit, found someone new to join our family. I am quickly put in my place, however, as the steed opens his mouth and speaks – or tries to. It seems that he has not spoken in a very long time, for his voice croaks and crackles with misuse. It shows the same across my sight: a brilliant amaranth bolt, flickering like lightning. As he asks – or, really, demands - what our intentions are, he heaves himself from the pool. For firmer footing? I take a step back, giving him room and attempting to assure him that I mean no harm. Despite the defensive gesture, I tense slightly, prepared for a battle, for that was what I was trained to do in such situations.

I do not notice the fog creeping along at first, and when I do, I don’t think much of it.

My smile has not wavered, and I do not let my unease show. ”What, a girl can’t come talk to a handsome stallion?” I ask, my vocals teasing in an attempt to defuse the situation. I do not like fighting, and I do not wish for this to turn into something nasty. I am curious, too, for one so reserved rarely has such a vibrant shade. Who is this stallion? And I do not mean his parentage, I do not mean his name – I mean his soul, his purpose, his calling. It is a deep question, and one that in all likelihood, he cannot answer. ”I’m sure that Agrona, too, only sought companionship in which to celebrate the return of the moon.”

The fog has thickened now, and seems to only be growing. It roils around my hooves, and I am dimly aware that I have begun to lose feeling in my legs. I shift my weight, flicking an aud in irritation. It’s really not the best time for my legs to fall asleep, not when I might need them.

"Talk talk talk."

[OOC | Sorry for the wait, loves! Silly Reiz, she doesn’t even know what to do about the fog…]

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

The stallion seemed bothered by our suspiciously simultaneous appearance, his white ears lying back in his matching ivory hair. The colors that wind around his body are lighter than my herd mate's, but they are both blue; which in my mind is enough to tell me that they are too much alike. The equally long stare that the brute held toward me was irritating; he was picking me apart, though I'm not sure if it's a physical or mental evaluation. Once our discolored eye contact was shattered, he turned to the much brighter hued mare, staring as he did toward me.

"What?" the brute's voice drags from his chest, cracking as he glowers at the world. The white coated male crawls out of the shallow water, my ears flicking back at the unexpected movement. His departure along with the tone of his young voice did not add up to anything I was liking at all. A snort erupts loudly from my throat, clearing my nostrils of the small amount of mucus that slid from my right nostril and fell to the ground. The stallion stopped just as quickly as he had begun moving, his voice crawling through the air once more.

A thin stream of low land fog rolls through the darkness, weaving around the trees and gulping away at the dark ground, eventually crawling around each of our ankles with a cold lick. My violet eyes shift around from right to left, peering at the sudden layer of liquid smoke, but quickly picking back up to hear Reizend's voice chirp through the silent air. The blue haired maiden was so sweet; I wonder what it is that is so fucked up about her; what makes her fit in with our... clan.

My antlered skull tilts to the left as my name is mentioned; so she does in fact know who I am. I simply grin in response, blinking quietly; the grin looks awkward, as it only crawls across the right side of my dark face. My nostrils flare as I draw in a deep breath, a noticeable tingle biting at my legs like a million microscopic insects eating away at my flesh. I drop my cranium with curiosity, eyeballing my left leg, picking it up as if I were going to spot a bug on my body.

"Speak." Walk walk
Tagged: @[Vadim] & @[Reizend]
AgronA
There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon

image credits
table by whit