the Rift

[PRIVATE] Make a beast out of myself

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Archibald was not waiting long before Loretta alerted him to the approach of the mare he had bellowed for. Lifting his massive head, the Dauntless turned to search for her dark figure in the opposing darkness. There were very few lamp-trees here in this region he had chosen, but a faint flicker in the distance pinpointed her location. Why did Circe have flickering lights following her? Archibald was not aware of her possessing any light or fire magic, and he doubted it would work in the absence of the God from Helovia. With a confused furrow to his brow, Archibald dismissed his questions and took a few steps to meet her. As the distance closed between them the Dauntless found it easier to see her, and when a small splash of light filtered over her face something inside of the dark beast twisted.

What the hell was that? Archibald stopped his forward movement, stunned by his own reaction to seeing the shadowed mare. He had called for her because something inside of him, be it duty or lust, told him that he missed her--but what was this turning inside of his stomach that made his heart beat faster? It was true, the Dauntless had claimed the mare for his own after the conception of their daughter, and he felt a protectiveness and debt to her that he had never offered another, but did he have feelings for her more than that?

”How have you fared?”

As the words slipped from his mouth, Loretta bound to meet the pair. Loretta, usually a brash and cruel creature, was feeding off of the difference in emotion within her bonded's heart and welcomed Circe's presence. Looks sick. The bitch commented, tilting her head slightly. The charcoal nose on the end of her muzzle twitched as the malamute stepped closer to the mare, sniffing for any sign of sickness or disease. "She is concerned for you." As am I. He added mentally, not willing to admit it out loud quite yet--although, as mares were usually much more intuitive creatures than stallions, he was sure she knew.

I see you lying next to me
With words I thought I'd never speak
Awake and unafraid, asleep or dead

Manip by Abba

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
Make a beast out of myself - by Archibald - 07-23-2013, 02:29 PM
RE: Make a beast out of myself - by Circe - 07-25-2013, 01:04 AM