Under the Influence

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Shadow
and who shall I say

is calling?

Dark head tilted slightly as she noticed the rapidly changing expression that flew across the tribrid's face. Not very good at interpreting the emotions of others, she remained clueless as to what he might have been thinking of, only knowing she felt happy as he smiled back at her. The leap of the heart was quickly replaced by a tickling flutter in the gut, rapidly suppressed as her grin widened - what was up with her today, really.

"Oh, I don't know" she retorted with light voice as lavender orbs trailed across Hectors tall, muscular frame. "Maybe that mischievous look you have, or the fact that you usually don't make much of a ruckus..." But it was more the eager tone in his voice that had drawn her closer. It had reminded her of something, a scene she had witnessed once as a yearling. She had woken up late one night and found her father gone from the clearing they had rested in, leaving behind only scents and tracks that disappeared into the forest. Without waking her mother the filly had risen and followed after her sire, finding him by the bank of a river along with a group of other stallions. They had been moving in a violent dance that night, a battle of everything and nothing with bodies crashing, wings batting and hooves flailing... It had been beautiful and horrible to see and left the normally inquisitive girl in such awe that it had taken many seasons before she could ask her dad about what they had been doing.

Was this why he had been sending his voice across the desert? Indeed this seemed to be the case. Raven appendages shifted thoughtfully at her side as she listened to the offer of her friend, a small snort of offense and slight hesitation escaping into the cold night.
"I guess... I could try" Skuggi said and unfurled the dark wings partly, "I haven't really done this before though, so don't blame me for being clumsy. I've only ever fought mountain cats and eagles in my life."

Already as she finished the sentence the little mare started forward, pressing her body from stillness into a short canter that brought her head on towards Hector. Round ears dipped awkwardly into the coarse mane, ivories bared and flashed white in the poor light as the raven turned in on the left side of her friend and made a snake-like snap towards his shoulder. She retracted the head again and heaved herself up into the air, sand scattering in the wind when she took off - hopefully they wouldn't end up blowing into the his eyes. Shadow beat the heavy wings rapidly to sustain her altitude, then with a flick of the tail she banged hard to the left, intent on slipping over his hind quarters, clip him on the right flank with her back hooves and land again on the other side, side by side with the General.

Not for the first time did she notice how exceptionally tall the stallion was. He towered over her when they stood side by side, easily able to fit her below an outstretched wing, and muscles well honed as well as the thorns protruding from his face turned the fiery steed into a formidable opponent. Beside him she felt even shorter than usual, dwarfed and weak and inexperienced...

What had she gotten herself into? The only comfort she felt as dry, black hooves sunk down once more into the shifting sand was his promise from before that he wouldn't use the horns against her. Shadow hoped that she could count on that, really wished that her attack wouldn't hit too hard if it ended up landing... Why would she ever want to actually hurt the horse that meant most to her in this strange new land?

Only allowing the wings to fold halfway back to the sides she sidestepped towards the left, hoping to putting some distance between them. While she greatly appreciated the comfort of his proximity, this was perhaps not the best time to cuddle up for warmth. Something about that playful taunt had gotten to her, like challenges usually did; Skuggi wasn't used to be ranked beneath others. She'd been youngest, her needs come first, her opinions taken into as serious account as any of her family's. The half-starved little bird wasn't about to let anyone settle down on her, not without working for it. Thus the glance she threw towards the experienced warrior was fierce, hot and alert as it looked to see what became of him, intent focused solely upon his sorrel frame. A minute ago it would have felt embarrassing to study him so closely - now it was all she could do, while tensely awaiting retribution.

1/3 + Defence
WC: 798

Came at Hector from the front, head to head. Moved to her right, his left, and attempted a bite towards his shoulder. Took off from the ground and flew up into the air, veered to her right to skim over his backside. Tried to kick him on the left flank as she went down on the other side, ending up side by side with Hector. Half-folded the wings and took two paces to her right, to make more space between them.

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Messages In This Thread
Under the Influence - by Hector - 07-23-2013, 06:26 PM
RE: Under the Influence - by Shadow - 07-23-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Under the Influence - by Hector - 07-30-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: Under the Influence - by Shadow - 07-30-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: Under the Influence - by Official - 09-01-2013, 04:24 PM