the Rift

[OPEN] Pandora's Fateful End :: Death Thread

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Why was Res down here? What had brought her to the conclusion that heading to the south was going to be the best? Perhaps her route had been knocked off, after all, she really only moved to the east anymore, toward the Heavenly fields or the Threshold. Perhaps she had been given the idea that she should explore more of these lands now that she was safe inside of a home. But, whatever had called her out here had allowed her to bump into Rowan again. The mare was crying as much as Resplendence was shivering and when she was met with a nudge across her cheek Res can only see the unstoppable flood of tears. "What's wrong, Rowan?" She questioned, immediately wishing to wrap her neck around her friend in a form of a hug to console the mare who seemed to truly understand just what it was like to live in a world full of horror. Rowan stutters, no real sentences forming from her mouth, but she is still crying and Res cannot ignore that.

She goes to shuffle in closer to Rowan only to hear the demonic sound of something telling the two that they are joining the creatures that are floating, bloated and preserved in the marsh. Instantly, Res freezes, her voice locked in her throat. None of her muscles wish to work but all her mind can think is run. It was like when the war had finally reached her little cove with her parents. It was like when the Grey had invaded the Foothills. All the pain and anguished filled her mind and kept her hidden there. The bodies strewn at her feet dragging her deeper and deeper into her memories as if they were the bodies left on the field. The bodies of her parents - the bodies of those who were so badly injured from the Foothills before all had been thrown to the dogs. The way that they were left there, as if they were meaningless. All left to a grave that no one would truly understand. Somewhere to come back to with tears rolling down their face to ask why it was they had to pass away. It was like a cemetery, but a much crueler one. As at least at a cemetery it was a marker that their body was in the ground below - here you could see them, bloated but mostly the same. You could hear the cries as it wound through the trees, carried on the wind. And you could do nothing to bring the bodies back to life.

Frozen. That was all she was, believing maybe she would get to join Ciro - her mate who had started to make her strong - and her twins - who had been the reason for her to try - who were now floating up in the heavens somewhere. Her eyes squeezed shut and she took in a deep breath to the sound of pounding hooves waiting to feel the horns as they impaled up against her chest, her side, some vital organ. But, all she heard was a scream. A yell of "NO!" and the sound of more hooves taking off. And then, the weight of a frame pushing against her and knocking her to the ground, farther to the right and out of the way of the creature who was now attempting to allow her to finally have a grave - to finally have a chance to join those who she had lost who were so dear to her heart. Again, her words are caught in her throat, but her eyes can open now and she sees Rowan, horns impaled in her side and a loud scream of anguish cutting the cold, winter air like a knife. Her eyes lock upon the black creature who had just impaled the only one who had truly understood Res's fight. Words finally begin to come to her as she clambers to her feet, the bodies around her pulling her straight back to the battle scenes, the rusty scent of the blood filling her nostrils as she finally goes to stand right behind the mare who had just given her life for her. "Rowan. Rowan. Stay with me! Someone will come. I promise!" Res pleaded, golden orbs filled with hatred as she looked toward the curled horns covered in blood. "Get out of here! Go! You've already won!" She broke, tears streaming down her cheeks before she dropped down beside Row, wrapping her neck around the mare that was so brave and broken. "Rowan. Someone's going to come. Someone's going to heal you. You're not going to die. I'm not going to let you die. I won't let it happen. Please. Stay with me!" She begged, her eyes, squeezed shut after seeing the blood starting to spray from the mare's lips as she feels her wheezing with each scream that is escaping from her maw.

No. Rowan would not die today. She didn't want her to be forever stuck in this marsh. Someone had to come. "SOMEONE! ANYONE. PLEASE. HELP!" she screamed at the sky, hoping that the wind wouldn't hinder her call, only push it out farther. "PLEASE. SOMEONE! YOU HAVE TO SAVE HER!" Her voice was breaking, tears falling onto the earthen mare she had come to love as a sister but not get to meet with much. She needed to learn to heal. She needed to. If only she knew how to heal. She could stop the blood from escaping her. Her mind, kicking into overdrive as she attempted to put pressure on the wound with her head, pressing as hard as she could even though she could feel the blood seeping into her own coat and chilling her further. Stop the bleeding. Stop it! It needed to stop, and her heart needed to keep beating. There was no other way! Why wouldn't it listen to her silent pleads? Why wouldn't it stop gushing blood? Why wouldn't it stop being spit out of her mouth? Why wasn't her chest expanding fully anymore? Why was she still wheezing? Still putting as much pressure as she could on the wound she screamed out again, "PLEASE! I BEG OF YOU. IF YOU ARE NEAR AND YOU KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT HEALING PLEASE COME. SHE'S GOING TO DIE OTHERWISE." Her entire body couldn't stop trembling as she switched the side of her cheek on the wound. "Rowan. Please don't die. You have to stay here. You have to live. Please. You're like a sister. I need you..." she broke out, pleading with the one who could barely breathe, as if she could decide her fate. As if, maybe, just maybe, if she didn't give up she would be able to pull through.

And now, here she was, pleading to the Gods that she wasn't even sure existed anymore. Pleading with them, in her skull, that they didn't let her die. Her body trembling and trying it's hardest to put as much pressure on the wound even though the blood was soaking through her pelt and into her neck. Too much blood loss. Please. She can't die. Again, she screamed out. Her voice torn again, the volume dying. "IS ANYONE OUT THERE? PLEASE..." Was anyone even coming? She was going to lose her best friend if no one came. And she couldn't lose anyone else. She had already lost too many. All of them had been good souls.

Gods. This was all Res's fault...

1273 words
OMG So sad. I can't stop crying ._.
@[Sohalia] && @[Skysong] && @[Ulrik]
Song for the thread
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
Pandora's Fateful End :: Death Thread - by Rowan - 07-24-2013, 12:55 AM
RE: Pandora's Fateful End :: Death Thread - by Resplendence - 08-02-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: Pandora's Fateful End :: Death Thread - by Skysong - 08-15-2013, 08:30 PM