the Rift

[OPEN] Do You Take Your Russians Black or White?

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

The moonlit night, endless though it was, was a comfort to the mare. Any light to drive out the infinite darkness made her feel more secure than she had. Ever since Onni's insistent warning that monsters inhabited the darkness, she had not felt so safe as she once had. It was funny really, how just a little bit of education could really change the fate of such a simple soul. For Kahlua really was a simple soul. No one would ever dare call her smart, but she loved life and loved company. At least she had a few things on her side.

For now, she wandered her home with no specific aim. Since she had arrived in Helovia, an adventurer's heart had taken her far and wide across the lands. Today, though, she was feeling more like a homebody. She realized she knew almost no one from her herd, save a select few. Perhaps today she would run in to a few of those she was supposed to call family. She hoped so, for lonely walks were nothing she enjoyed.

As her pacing took her to and fro in the land, she suddenly found herself standing before the strangest thing she had ever seen- a towering stone of interweaving design with decorations scattered all about it. She was lucky the thing had stopped her walking or she may very well have come to the edge of the cliff before she knew it. Looking at it, she could hardly tell what to make of it. All she knew was that at least, in some small part, it reminded her of her father's home- a crumbling stonework cathedral with ancient relics as decorations. This was nothing like the gargoyles that had decorated that structure, but somehow it was almost the same.
Now this is just getting absurd. I've really got to get over this. Every time I turn around I'm thinking of father, mother, Fuhrer. I didn't even really like them that much. So why can't I forget about them? It's like some haunting, some trick of this forsaken darkness. Regardless, it needs to end soon. Because this is getting real old, real fast.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.

A N T H E I A
beauty is what is on the inside, not the outside

The moonlight shined down over it's kingdom, brightening up the paths where I could see where I was going. I came to a wall, not too high but where I could see over and look out over the dark ocean. The waves sounded like they were singing as they clashed against the rocks below the cliff. The seagulls song along as they flew along the top of the blue, watching small fish as they jumped up beyond the water. I chuckled and walked along the wall as I looked ahead of me, catching the frame of Kahlua. A smirk slid along my face, I had a plan.

I hope I wouldn't scare her, all I wanted to do was have some fun. I chuckled and walked out from the wall, coming behind the mare. I scooted closer to her rump and softy nipped her on her rear end, backing up quickly so if she tried to kick out she would miss. "Hello there Kahlua!" I smiled and let a laugh ring through my throat. It was all fun and games for me unless someone got hurt, but that was pretty much it. I loved to play around, though I wouldn't have much time to do so if I wanted to become a crafter. Might as well have some fun.

I looked at the painted mare, she wasn't but a year or two older than me. I smiled and threw my dome into the air. A few seagulls flew in the air above us two and I smirked. When I found him, the one and only, we would sail across the beach where land and water meet, racing the seagulls. Our manes and tails would be flaring behind us. A chuckle rang out through my throat and I shook my dome, knocking the thoughts out of my head.

tag; @[Kahlua]
word count; 309
ooc; I meant to reply to this but forgot. ._.

OOC| No worries- and don't rush too much about a reply. I'll be out until the evening of August 5 :)

The moonlight shining down twinkled on the massive stone that stood before her, causing shapes to mesh and meld and separate. Watching the piece was like watching a work of live art- though Kahlua would never had worded it so eloquently. Regardless, she still found herself rather lost in thought as she stared at the piece. So lost in her mind as she was, then, it was no surprise that she found herself more than surprised as Antheia slipped from along the wall and came up behind her. Kahlua had never really been one to monitor her surroundings anyway. She made a terrible lookout.

Hello there Kahlua! The words and the nip on her butt caused the mare to stiffen rather than relax. For a moment, a flood of fear welled up in her body but just moments later she realized that this other knew her name and that Kahlua knew the voice. Her body visible relaxed and a smile parted her lips as she turned to look at the black painted unicorn that she called friend. “Antheia!” Her greeting was joyful and bright, happy to see the mare once again. Kahlua quickly scanned the shadows but found no trace of Harmony near-by. With only her head turned to look at Antheia she laughed and spoke again briefly. “You lost your shadow!”

Kahlua did not have to wonder for too long how she was going to get the mare back. As the unicorn lifted her head into the air to laugh, Kahlua took the distraction as her window of opportunity. Lifting her hind hoof just a few centimeters, she kicked back roughly. She did not have intentions to kick her friend, but rather to try and spray her with a splash of snow. As soon as she kicked into the snow, Kahlua put her hoof down and cantered a few paces away from the unicorn, turning back to look at her and laugh brightly. “Take that!” She stood lightly on her hooves, prepared to run off as needed, depending on what Antheia's next move might be.
Come then friend, lets play. The moon is out and the spring must be near- it is a joyous time. The moon goddess will be happy to see us back in good spirits!

Deceased
Clo.

A N T H E I A
beauty is what is on the inside, not the outside

The stars began to brighten up as the two played enthusiastically. Despite the fact that Birdsong had arrived, the night sky stayed endless. Yes, I loved the endless night, it was so much easier to hide from predators and it was much more cooler than the mild summers. Although, it was much harder to see, yet now that the moon was out it wasn't as difficult. It was remarkably much more cooler even with Birdsong wind in the air.

I laughed as Kahlua jumped a little when I nipped at her rump. As she talked about a shadow, I knew who she meant, Harmony. "Not a total shadow for she lacks a horn, but yes, I have to say, she makes a great double of me."I chuckled and then continued on. "She's out, traveling the World to make some friends." As I talked about the world outside of the Edge, I thought of the danger that lingered around her. "I trust her to be able to out run the dangers of the land, for she is a mighty little one indeed." I smiled and then felt a shivering cold feeling hit me at my sides. I looked to my right side, muddy snow falling to the ground. A smirk crossed my muzzle as I looked to where Kahlua stood.

I set off after the paint mare, perking my harks and tucking my head in, I ran after her. The white powder flew up behind me as I traveled at a cantering speed. I reached her side and nipped at her side slightly, barely catching her skin. I spun around, turning my rump to her hip, kicking her very lightly, making sure I didn't hurt her. For it would be the worst thing in my whole life to hurt a elder. I laughed and threw my dome into the breeze. My playful voice echoing through the trees. "TAG!" I chuckled and took off, not knowing where I was heading, but running from the mare that was it in my game.

tag; @[Kahlua]
word count; 342
ooc; ---

Traveling the world to make some friends. Kahlua knew the feeling. She had been inclined when she arrived here in Helovia to travel the world. For now, she was content to stay home. She had seen many places, but the Edge was to be her family and herd relations was important. She was glad to be making some friends. “Children always seem to find some way to keep themselves safe, at any rate,” she responded. Somehow or another, despite all of the nonsense she had always managed to get herself into, she had also always managed to free herself from the danger. It was a trick of children that adults lost as they aged. Nobody found pity for an old mare. They wasted it all on the young.

Kahlua heard the thundering of the unicorn's hooves in the snow before she felt the teeth on her side. The nip was nothing, barely a touch. The unicorn's buck matched, of which Kahlua was eternally grateful for. She had been ready to jump out of the way of the kick, but had only succeeded in slipping in the snow. “Tag?” Her voice was both words and laughter in one. “Wait up!” She laughed again as her muscles bunched beneath her and she leaped off after the unicorn.

The even three beat rhythm of her canter carried her through the trees and the snow and the mist. Kahlua dodged the trees carefully, all the while keeping an eye on her friend. Her mane and tail flew out behind her, making quite a picture for any that might be watching. “I think it's your turn to chase,” she called as she made up ground on Antheia. As Kahlua finally inched her way beside the mare she reached out her mouth to try and nip lightly at the mare's withers. “This way,” she called with a laugh, skidding to a stop in the snow and turning on her haunches to take off on a 90 degree path to the left. She still cantered, peeking back jut shortly before turning back to watch her path through the trees. She weaved through them somewhat clumsily, her chest taking deep breaths in rhythm with her stride, letting oxygen fill her lungs and fuel her muscles.
This is the most fun I've had in ages. Go figure! There's nothing like childhood games to bring you back to the peaceful life of a foal. @[Antheia]

Deceased
Clo.

A n t h e i a
from caring comes courage..

"Wait up!" I slowed down and looked behind me to see she was right at my rump. She tagged me! She tricked me! I can play that game too! I thought inside of my skull, turning and pushing off at a full canter, trailing behind her.
This was a game where my breed became a specialty to me. I had power and strength, but I also had speed. What could I say? I was a courageous mustang! A chuckle rang through my lips. "Children always seem to find some way to keep themselves safe, at any rate." Oh, but I can do so also Kahlua! My head tucked underneath my neck as I pushed myself to continue on. I ran as fast as my muscular legs could carry me. I was soon right at her rear end, trailing just behind the painted mare. I went around her, coming up at her right shoulder. I bumped into her and then nudged at her side. I slid to a stop and then turned around, heading the way we had came from. "Got ya!!" I shouted behind me as I continued to run.
Once I thought I was far enough, I jumped to the side, behind a big bush. My hopes were that the mare would fly right past me without even noticing. It was sorta like we were playing two in one, hide and seek combined with tag! Might as well call it Hide and Tag! It made better seanse anyway, or so I thought. Kahlua was a great friend, maybe even more like a sister to me since I've never had one before. I trusted her, I knew I could tell her a secret and she would keep it. Same with my little Harmony. Oh! And maybe Apollo? But I had only met him once since he had first dropped me off at the Edge. That was tonight. Or this morning? I didn't really know what time it was.
That's why the Gods needed to hurry up and get their rear ends back here. I was sure glad that the Moon Goddess had returned, I would be blind without her. She is my queen other than Mirage, that I had yet to meet. She made me dance under the big full moon and stars. She's the one that make me so happy and hyper. It's nice and cool at night, and that's when I start to play. I still wished the sun would rise though. Anyways, I wonder how the moon and sun disappeared. Did the Moon Goddess and the Sun God just eat them? Though, I think that would burn if the Sun God at the sun, isn't it made of flames? Gosh, so many questions that I wished could be answered. But the Gods would probably be annoyed by that? Whoops, another question. Or was that I question? Well, I knew that one was.
I chuckled at myself and then remembered I was hiding, that I needed to keep quiet or Kahlua would find me. But she was being so slow.

tag; @[Kahlua] & Open
wc; 512 words
occ; Hehe, Kahlua is slowwww. x3

One-two-three. One-two-three. One-two-three. The beating of her hooves against the ground carried her forward through the trees, swerving to the left or right as appropriate. It was not long before the unicorn came alongside of her. Kahlua was not surprised. She was lithe and had thoroughbred in her ancestry, but she herself was not made for running. Got ya!! The bump from Antheia caused Kahlua's even rhythm to falter slightly and it took her a few strides to regain her footing. It was nothing major, just that she was clumsy in the snow. By the time she got herself organized, her friend had already turned and run.

Skidding to a stop, Kahlua turned and tried to find where the unicorn had gone. Splashing snow in the distance clued her to the mare's position and she began to canter once again. Her nostrils flared wide, attempting to take in enough air to fuel her muscles and organs. The snow spray up ahead was her beacon in the dark and she followed it faithfully, long strides striving to bring her back to her friend. Dodging around a tree, she looked away from her friend to make sure that her footing was true. By the time she looked back up the spraying of snow ahead of her had stopped. Confused, Kahlua slowed her canter slightly, then trotted and began to walk.
Now where could you have gone? I hope you didn't run off too far- I'm not made for all this exercise! But I really thought I could see you running ahead of me. This is just weird. God, I hope there are no monsters here again...
The bush where Antheia hid was just behind Kahlua, several paces back. Looking too and fro, Kahlua nickered softly and was just about to pick up a trot and head off in a random direction when she heard a giggle behind her. Turning around quickly, she decided the noise had come from the bush and let forth a bright laugh. “Antheia, you sneak!” Trotting over to the bush, her chest moving in and out rapidly as she caught her breath. “I need a break, my friend! So lets talk! How did you get here, to Helovia, to the Edge?” She paused a moment to think. “How did you come to find Harmony? Or is she yours?” As much as she would call Antheia friend, she realized she didn't know very much about the mare. Hopefully the questions would give her time to rest and also give her time to get to know this kindly unicorn mare.
@[Antheia]

Deceased
Clo.

A n t h e i a

I my orbs were slowly being covered by their warm blanket. But as I fell asleep, I could feel and hear Kahlua's hooves beating against the Earth, yet my eyes still closed, resisting to stay open.
---
I dreamed of Kahlua, Harmony, and me, running across a field of flowers with a rainbow for us to canter through. It was a bright sunny day and the birds were singing along with our hooves as they made a beating sound against the hard ground. The soft green grass, topped with wet dew, danced at our legs. Everything was so beautiful, so colorful. The three of us were united into one, friends forever as if you could never break us apart. And it was probably true, we were best friends. I guess, I knew I was friends to them, but I didn't how they felt about me.
---
I woke up to Kahlua. "Antheia, you sneak!" I chuckled and stood up. I nudged Kahlua side gently and smiled, thinking of my past. If she wanted to know she could know, I didn't mind at all. "Well, okay, let me tell you then!" I shouted in a happy voice and then chuckled. I had to think, for I had forgotten about most of my history but then it just seemed to pop into my dome.
"I was born to my loving mother. She was so beautiful and sweet. I never saw my father but my mother did say that he wasn't coming back for me. It was a warm sunny day, but there was snow on the ground. My mother didn't think I would make it because I was so small at birth and most foals aren't born in the middle of the winter. Night came along and all the families went to bed, but then by next morning there was around three feet of snow. Our herd knew we would no longer be able to stay in our herd, so we set out. Later that day, another blizzard came and wiped out the horses of the herd. There might had been some still alive that I didn't know about but I knew most were gone. I didn't know how I made it but I lived. I walked away, not knowing where I would go but then I heard my friend Coal call out my name. He had somehow survived too. He was much older than me, maybe by a month or so? But we walked away together. Coal found us a cave to live in until the snow went down and we slept there for around two moons. Though, my friend got sick and was unable to move. I had gotten stronger, strong enough to run anyway. I stayed there, laying by his side until a pack of wolves found us. Coal told me to go, but I refused to until he pushed me away from him and the wolves got a hold of his body. I ran, knowing that was the only thing I could do. I wandered, went through many herds, but none seemed to fit me just right until I came upon Helovia. Apollo greeted me, he asked me if I wanted to join the Foothills but I had no idea how to fight so I turned him down. But he did lead me to the Edge where I met Kaj, and got accepted."
I took a deep breath, filling in my lungs and then letting out slowly, clouds of air rolling out of my nostrils. I smiled and dipped my head toward Kahlua, hoping she wouldn't freak out because I talked that into one big paragraph. Well, or so I thought it was a paragraph. I never really cared how I talked. She asked me about Harmony and a big wide smile came along my muzzle.
"Harmony isn't mine truly, but she is now. I adopted her out of the Threshold. She was cold and lonely. He mother abandoned her and so I took her in as mine, bring her home to the Edge where she met you and Rishima."
I grinned and nudged the painted mare. "What about you Kahlua? I asked the mare my big smile returning. I had told her my history and now it was her turn to tell me hers.

tag; @[Kahlua] & Open
wc; 717 words
occ; Eh, not the best in the world.

As Kahlua stood her breath began to slow, her muscles thanking her for the pause in the action. It was good to run, but Kahlua was just as happy to stand and chat. She was a social butterfly by nature and the talking was refreshing. Let me tell you then! The shout of her friend made Kahlua toss her head and laugh. Together they were a joyous picture in the snow. So, as Antheia settled into a rhythm of telling her story, Kahlua settled into a comfortable position to sit and listen. Her ears pointed towards Antheia, but for the most part her body language was casual and relaxed. Antheia's story seemed long and full of sadness. It was surprising to Kahlua that Antheia managed to stay so cheery despite what was a very depressing story.

As Antheia finally took a large breath and filled her lungs, Kahlua smiled and reached out to nudge her shoulder. “I'm glad you made your way here, my friend.” It was a reassuring smile. Even stupid Kahlua knew that a sad story required a bit of consolation. What could have been a sad moment did not last long, though. Antheia was simply radiant when she spoke of Harmonly. “Harmony is so lucky to have found you.” The words were true as any she could have spoken. Kahlua herself didn't know if she understood the idea of motherhood yet, or why she would want to raise a foal. Perhaps she would someday, but then again maybe not.

What about you? Kahlua had known the question would come eventually and she had been thinking off and on about what she would say. In the end, she still hadn't thought up anything in particular and so the words came out naturally and without planning. “I lived in a place called Avalon for four years. I was born with a twin, Der Fuhrer. We were never the greatest of friends, but I did love him. He was always mother and father's favorite, of course.” It was the first time she had spoken his full name allowed in over a year.

“We lived hap... well, we lived safe lives. Until a forest fire took the entire land. I tried to find Fuhrer... I never did find him among the smoke and the flames. I suppose he must be dead now.” She looked a little sadder for saying it, but it must be the truth. Not wanting to be sad, she quickly made her voice the happy, dancing tone it usually was and continued on. “But I found this place and was greeted by Duchanar and am happier for it.” She paused to smile a moment. “I've got purpose now. I want to be a crafter, Antheia. I'm going to be good at it, too! Someday!” There was determination in her voice, like she knew no one in the world would be able to stop her.
And someday my name will be known far and wide, all over the land! But we mustn't get too ahead of ourselves... I've still got a lot of work to do. But I'm willing to put it in. After all, who wouldn't want their name to be known far and wide?

Deceased
Clo.

A n t h e i a

A large grin covered my face as she nudged me. Oh she was such a great friend! I am so happy that I can count on her when I need it! I hope she will always be here for me, because I promise I'll always be with her, no matter what happens between us, I'll always be her friend.
I love her like she is my sister, like we were born together at birth. And I can't help but wonder if we were. Though, I knew we weren't as I listened to her story. Still, she was my sister. I would tell her every secret that I had kept over the years, even though I didn't have many.
I chuckled and nudged her gently with my soft muzzle. "I don't think I've met him yet." I laughed and threw my dome at the night sky, the moon's purple rays hitting my pelt. "I want to be a crafter, Antheia." My ears went straight up when those words escaped her muzzle.
A crafter?! Gosh, she was so close to being so much more of a shadow of me than Harmony was! I had came to Helovia looking for any spots to become a crafter, but I laid off of it. I would wait for the right time, when I was worthy enough to become one. Plus, I needed to wait til the Gods came back, then I would ask Mr. Lace or Aaron if either could teach me and help me become better than I was. Yes, it would take up most of my time, but I was ready to take on any risk to get what I desired.
"A crafter, huh?" I grinned and nudged the mare playfully. "I am planning to become one too once the Gods have returned. Maybe we can be the CRAFTING BUDDIES!!" I laughed and jumped over Kahlua back, landing on the other side with another gentle chuckle.

tag; @[Kahlua] & Open
wc; 323 words
occ; ---

I don't think I've met him yet. The mare said the words but they just as well could have been Kahlua's. With a soft sigh she realized she had met so few of the horses she would call family now that she was part of the Qian. She wanted nothing more than to be recognized as great among them, but that was so hard to do when she was so unknown. Still, she was working on it. Slow steps would bring her to her desired end. If determined, she was also patient.

A crafter, huh? Kahlua tilted her head as her friend's excitement filled the air. Maybe we can be the CRAFTING BUDDIES!! Antheia's laugh filled the air and Kahlua laughed brightly in return, surprised as her friend leaped gracefully over her back. Almost imperceptibly, the mare's ears twitched back. It was small, a tiny motion, nothing more than a hint of what she was feeling inside. Her ears didn't stay in that position for more than a tenth of a second, it would have been near invisible to Antheia as she was leaping over Kahlua's back at the time. It was tiny, but the tick was enough to betray her feelings.
We'll be friends, my dear, just stay out of my way. I'm the great one. I'm pretty, I'm supposed to be loved and adored. Most of all, I'm supposed to be the one with power. So go ahead, aspire to be a crafter. I sure as hell won't get in your way for now. But don't think for one second this friendship will last if you try to gain a higher position than me, rise faster than me, or in any way hinder my progression. I dare you.
Despite her cold, internal words, Kahlua's exterior remained happy and bright. For now, Antheia's comment was just that- a comment. “Of course we'll be crafting buddies!” Her blue eyes lit as she stamped her forefoot in the snow. “Though you'd make great use as a dancer with such leaps and bounds,” she added, referring to Antheia's jump. “I do hope the gods return soon, though. I guess I'm a little afraid of the dark!” Her eyes flitted back to the moon, her gaze boring into it as though her blues eyes could make the soon shine like the sun. She wished it was so, but knew it couldn't be.

Deceased
Clo.
A n t h e i a

I leaped over the mare's back again before sliding to a stop at her side, twitching my muzzle against her pelt. Her soft fur rubbing along my prickly nose. Though, I didn't think it was that prickly, but it may seem different to her.

It had been awhile since I had a friend this. That let me do anything and not get so frustrated so quickly. I don't think I've ever had a friend like this since Coal.... past away. But there was no time to think about that right now, I was having too much fun!

"Of course we'll be crafting buddies!" I large grin intercepted with my lips and I couldn't help but run in circle like a little puppy dog. I stopped as soon as she mentioned the Gods coming back. "I do to. I want to get started on becoming a crafter! It's going to be so fun!" I laughed and through my dome towards the sky with a smile.

My thoughts whirled around inside my pretty little head. Would crafting be as fun as I thought it would be? Would I still have time for my friends? Would I still have time for Harmony? Was it really going to be worth the while? Oh so many questions that I didn't have answers for. Maybe Lace could help me? Ah, another question!

Gosh! My small head could hold so many questions! But who would answer them? Surely I couldn't answer them myself, for my brain was the one that caused them. Questions were a weird thing, but I felt a need for them somehow. I didn't know exactly why but I just did.

I looked at Kahlua with a bright smile and dipped my head. "My friend, I must go. Lace and I need to do some planning." I nudged my friend and then trotted gracefully out off sight, not knowing what was coming my way.

"blah blah blah."
wc - 325 words
ooc - Your post can be the last? If not just say Kahlua chased after her. xD
tag - @[Kahlua]

DevArt

The unicorn rubbed her nose across Kahlua's side and she shuddered softly, not because it tickled or felt strange but because she was still conflicted about what to do about their similar paths. Of course, Kahlua should have known she wouldn't have been the only one aspiring to be a crafter in the herd. Still, she couldn't help but be a little nervous about the idea. But, perhaps she was getting too ahead of herself. Perhaps this whole nonsense would work itself out in some way that Kahlua could not fathom right now. Perhaps everything would be just fine.

Antheia's circle left a smile on Kahlua's lips, then she settled into silence. She wasn't thinking- it wasn't really like her to think. She was just enjoying the quiet. Antheia wasn't speaking, she wasn't speaking. It was a perfect, silent little moment. The silence was suddenly broken by the voice of her friend speaking. Lace and I need to do some planning. Kahlua waited until after her friend had nudged her shoulder and turned away to put her ears down to her head. Of course, Antheia could not know that her words were so agitating to the mare. She was simply a lovely doll, taking life in stride as Kahlua did. Kahlua could only hope that their futures would intertwine favorably. “Good luck, my friend,” she called out cheerfully after. No hint of animosity filled her voice. She wasn't good at hiding much, but she could lock her ambitions away with the best of them.