the Rift

Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
The finality of my choice to advance came crashing down around me as my teeth scourged flesh meant only for beauty. Already, I knew that this would be a quick fight due to her obvious inexperience which I quickly became aware of as she slid away from me along the ice. Her confidence was not enthralling and when she gathered the courage to return my malicious attack, her waiting jowls were only lucky enough to catch the base of a wing that was altogether useless to me in the first place. However, the pain that sprung from the futile appendage was enough to make my grit my teeth as I slowed once more to a lofty trot so that I might be able to angle myself away from the Assassin without falling prey to the icy terrain below. This time when my plan began to form flawlessly behind anxious lips, I felt more like the King that I claimed to be.

Again, I shifted into a slow lope, one that would allow me to close the distance between the mare and I.

Logic seemed to overwhelm me as I grew closer to the ghostly apparition of an assassin that was in truth, not an assassin at all. A deep, dark chuckle fell from my lips at her expense as my feet fell heavily along the snow-covered forest floor. At times my shoulders seemed to shift violently as I struggled to keep my balance upon the snow, but as I came within mere feet of my adversary I stopped short to sidle up along her right side. Her rump was to my face now and vice versa and even though there still stood enough room to invite another creature between us, I made sure not to wait long before I lifted my front end in order to strike her back right cannon. I wanted her disabled and furthermore unable to move so that I might be able to end this quickly and I knew that I was still within seconds of her becoming coherent enough to recognize such an assault. My mind raced once again as I began to move away from her once more, hoping that her leg would be weakened by such a fatal blow. I wasn’t sure if should would be able to follow me upon my descent, but I knew that if I didn’t steer clear of her soon, I would be facing the consequences.

As the night drew on and the sky peered down upon us, I took a few fleeting moments to reflect on the pain that surged from my wing and into my shoulder. She had tried to push her face against my ribs but I had been out of her range after such a failing loss to the ice; at least she was clever enough to regain balance and land a decent blow to my useless wing. I was pleased to admit that I was not quite worse for wear in spite of my heaving sides from trying to maneuver so quickly along the icy ground. If I could regain my breath from the strain of trying to remain upright, I would be more than ready for my next attack, but of course, I knew that within moments, I would once again be facing this assassin… But that’s not to say that I wasn’t more than ready to disarm her not only in the name of victory but in the name of the Edge. She had summoned me in hopes that she would not have to face the DragonHeart, but I had a few things in store if she thought she was simply going to walk away with success, for Mirage was not the only “dragon” in the Edge.

Word Count: 700
Summary: Upon grazing the mare’s shoulder, Thor endured her bite to his left wing. After such, he moved away from her long enough to turn around and come back around to her right side in order to rise up and strike towards her back right cannon bone. After that, he moved away from her again so that he is once again facing her head on.
Post(s): 2/4
Magic/Companions: 0/1
Amulets: 0/2
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor] - by Adrixaura - 07-25-2013, 02:51 PM
RE: Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor] - by Thor - 07-26-2013, 10:48 AM
RE: Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor] - by Adrixaura - 07-29-2013, 11:23 AM