the Rift

Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
It’s a funny thing to witness how time seems to slow when fate is riding high upon its steely winds. The moment a single, dished hoof made connection with the tender right cannon bone of my opponent, I felt like flying. However, only in the general sense of word because of course I was now allowed such privileges. I wasn’t proud that my glory had been ripped from me at birth, but at least I was never given the chance to experience the wind against my face as I soared or the taste of mountain air from their peaks. Without these small treasures I could only wonder about them… I would never have to truly miss them. But this mare- she was a different story altogether. She would have to learn to cope without her leaders, without their guidance, and without victory. I would not be overthrown.

I could nearly taste the sweet blood of success coursing down her shoulder and the idea made me ravenous. I was eager for more, brilliant and alive with the notion of defeat, always burning for the end of the battle so that I could claim to be her successor. Without this fool to properly guide the Assassins, as wounded physically as she would certainly be mentally, all hope would be lost. For what reason would they have to remain? What god awful plans could they devise that would make any damn sense after realizing that the Edge was an impenetrable wall? Because we were in fact impalpable, ironclad, unwavering—

Slight awe beseeched my former confidence as the flash of hooves could be seen slow and steady before me as I landed a half rear to the girl’s fragile back right cannon. I can’t say that I didn’t expect such a thing because it had certainly crossed my mind a time or two upon my ascent into the attack, but it still caught me off guard. The assassin was lucky enough to graze the left side of my chest with an untrained blow, but it was not as powerful as it might have been coming from a mare like Mirage. The left breast screeched beneath the flame of new pain and while I was still recovering from her assault, she attempted to add insult to injury by circling back around and using her injured hind end to fling snow and ice up toward my face. Some of the snow managed to lick my face, but it was not enough to blind me as she had been wanting.

Now that the mare had moved into the trees on my right, she had inadvertently given me more than enough time to strategize a working plan. However, her taunts were enough to make me smile to myself. No breaks says the one who now evades me. I do not allow her my attention and instead move slowly toward her, eyes wide and clear, searching and destroying. I move with steady grace, my legs tense and my sides heaving. I have decided that in these remaining minutes I will have to step up my course of action. I need to pursue with the strength of a dragon, fire or no fire. In one fluid motion I gather my haunches and they spring me forward with vicious control. I am sent flying towards the assassin, her ivory coat doing nothing to hide her away in the ethereal darkness. I am careful to control where my hooves fall and how heavily they do so in case the ice should send my sprawling across the forest floor, but as I draw nearer, I slow enough to straighten my neck and bare yellowed teeth.

This time I do not aim for her shoulder and instead replace my target with the sweet flesh of her tender neck. My steady trot will lead me along her right side but my aim is more centered and true. I long to terrorize the flesh of her throat but I know that such an attack could be easily avoided and so I aim lower, just above her right breast. If I connect fully, I know that I am capable of stealing a mass of assassin flesh, so to ensure my success I let loose a high pitched wail to throw the mare off guard. It lifts to the heavens and soars past the stars. Anyone near enough to hear my desperate battle song would certainly be influenced to pause in their fruitless activities- for such a chorus could only be heard in the pits of hell. If she wanted to play a game of distraction then she would have to endure this one as well. She would have no idea what was coming and I was more than obliging when it came to the element of surprise.

Word Count: 800
Summary: Thor lands most of his blow to the back right cannon bone, but before doing such, is grazed across his left breast by a last minute kick. When the mare moves away from him he is left standing in the open and even though the mare tries to blind him with the snow it’s not enough to reach his eyes not only because of their size difference but also due to her recent injury. So when she retreats to the woods lining Thor’s right side, he uses the time alone to come up with a plan. As soon as he does, he starts to lope towards the mare and cries out as loud as he can [NOT a battle cry] so that he can distract her while he moves in to bite her neck above her right breast.
Magic/Companions: 0/1
Amulets: 0/2
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor] - by Adrixaura - 07-25-2013, 02:51 PM
RE: Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor] - by Thor - 07-26-2013, 10:48 AM
RE: Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor] - by Adrixaura - 07-29-2013, 11:23 AM
RE: Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor] - by Thor - 07-29-2013, 11:26 AM