the Rift

[OPEN] Memory's Melody

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.
While Harmony trotted through the melting snow she sighed. She was excited to have some time to think. Stopping, she perked her harks and lifted her dome, searching for any life. When there was no response, she sighed and dropped her dome, nibbling on the brown, dead grass. The moonlight shone upon her sorrel and white coat, and made her blue eyes shine. A smile danced upon her lips. She adored the feeling of being loved, although it was good to get away from Antheia once and awhile. Being alone for so long got her used to the feeling, she needed to take a tiny break. Maybe she could meet some new life. When she sighed, her flanks heaved. She stamped a hoof as she felt something upon her leg, she looked down to lay her orbs upon a stem, it was bearing a beautiful daisy, it's petals in perfect shape. She lowered her dome to sniff the beautiful thing. She took a deep breath in... the air that flowed into her nostrils was bleached with the aroma of flower. She chuckled How beautiful you are little flower. How can you live so early in Birdsong? Her small, quiet voice made the petals do a little dance for her, Harmony's smile widened. Her young mind raced. She loved seeing flowers, they were probably her favorite thing that existed in nature. When she raised her dome, she decided to walk on, the beautiful field before her lit with the moonlight made it look like what she imagined heaven would be. Harmony sighed and walked on, more careful this time, seeking flowers. She halted when she spotted a small orange flower close to the ground. She leaned down to check it out. My, aren't you beautiful? She smiled once again and walked on. She stopped in shock when her orbs scraped upon the landscape to find a large, purple flower. A small tear became present in her eye. Mother she thought. It's mother's favorite flower She walked up to it, lowering her dome she inspected it. Snorting, she turned away and trotted away from it. She will not cry. I musn't, I musn't She chanted to herself.

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.

A N T H E I A
beauty is what is on the inside, not the outside

The moon casting spells of light down around the Heavenly Fields. My clefts walking me through the dead grass and melting snow. The Birdsong atmosphere was warmer, even with the sun gone and the snow on the ground. Flowers and green grass were starting to grow back and this place would be a beautiful scene. I wished to see the sun back in the navy sky again soon, but with the sun gone, the moon made the lands look quite lovely.

I walked on, following the path of which others had must've taken through the fields. I caught a glimpse of Harmony and started to let a nicker on out to her. Though, I knew she was growing into a lovely filly and would need some time alone, for I was the same. I stood there, grazing, but keeping my view on her frame. Her winter coat was magnificent, she was always clean and so stunning. When she would become old enough, she would have the males lined up for her love. Those dazzling eyes of her's would be tricky to resist. I loved her to death, even if I hadn't given birth to her. She was mine, and I would never let anyone take her away from me.

I watched as she walked over to different sorts of flowers, sniffing in the scent of each one. When she reached a purple one, I saw a small tear slide down the side of her painted face. My dome jerked up, and my harks flickered back and forth. Why is she crying? I wanted to ask questions and talk to her about it but I left her be. "She's going to have figure some things out by herself, I won't always be able to be by her side." I whispered to myself softly and went back to grazing, my tail hitting my side to scare away the pesky flies biting at my skin.

tag; @[Harmony]
word count; 324
ooc; Haha, Antheia is stalkin' her. xP

Deceased
Wild.

Harmony

Harmony sighed. Should she really have came here? She actually didn't know. The sight of that flower just seemed to jack her up, she didn't want to show her real side, she could never be like that to her mother, the one that loves her so much. Sighing, Harmony moved on. She suddenly stopped and stamped her foot. " Will she still love me when she sees who I am, who I can become? " She muttered, the anger stung her throat. Jerking up her done, she looked forward. " Mother, oh mother. Why did you have to leave me. I don't want Antheia to be disappointed in me. " Shaking her dome, she let out a loud, frustration filled whinny. Harmony decided to graze, maybe food could take her mind of it. Doubt it She thought with a snort.

After a few minutes of grazing, Harmony decided to check her surroundings, the thought of someone seeing her tantrum earlier was bothering her, especially if Antheia saw.

Harmony looked to her front, No one . Then she looked to her right and left. Breathing a sigh of relief, she noticed no one was around. Thank the Gods She nickered softly. After grazing awhile more, Harmony decided to head back the way she came.

Turning around she stopped in shock.
" No... " She took a step back.

Antheia. There she was. Right there, before her eyes. Tears started to welt in her eyes. All emotion draining from her eyes.
Harmony whipped around, and took off. Her tail streaming behind her, she ran as fast as she could away from Antheia. She didn't want Antheia to see that. My life is ruined She thought with despair.

@[Antheia]
Word count: 310
The life ahead can only be glorious if you
learn to live in total harmony with the Lord..

Deceased
Clo.

A N T H E I A

I gnawed on the sweet grass. It tickled at my tongue, the appetizing taste was so great, for I hadn't at a thing since I came to this wonderful terrain. The overcasting sky twinkling with bright stars. I closed my eyes and thought of admirable things.

My blinders opened, starring at Harmony as she looked around. I wonder what's going through her head. Thought winding around inside my dome. When Harmony went back to grazing, I continued on with mine too. I flared my nostrils as a ladybug landed on my nostril. Well, that's a sign of Birdsong. I chuckled at the thought and shook my head, the ladybug flying into the open air. My skull lowered down to the ground once again as I started to nibble on the turf.

I was still eating the saccharine green when I heard hoof beats running along the ground. My harks pinned and I jerked up my dome. Harmony was gone! I looked around and saw a glimpse of her. What the--? I took off after her before I could finished my thought. I didn't know if it was a game or not, but I was confused. I tucked my head, gaining speed, soon I was up beside her, looking into her teary eyes. "Harmony, stop running please! What's wrong?!" I yelled at her in a soft voice, making sure I wouldn't hurt her feelings. I flickered my harks at her, looking at her with pleading eyes.

What had gotten into her all of a sudden?

Whatever had happened it was starting to really worry me. Had she not wanted me there, watching over her? I didn't mean to interrupt her. What had I done wrong? Was I a bad mother or was I not enough for her? If she didn't want me I could leave, leave her be and never look back, but I would never forget her, not a chance.

I was so confused and I wanted to talk things out with her, but first problem was, how was I going to stop her? She was mighty fast and I didn't think I would be able to go on much longer.

tag; @[Harmony]
word count; 366
ooc; Poor Antheia, I think she's going to collapse soon. :c

Deceased
Wild.

Harmony

Harmony was furious. How could she have done that in front of Antheia? Her own mother?

When she heard hoofbeats along side her, she started to slow down glancing over at Antheia. She came to a halt.
" Did you see what I did? " She asked frantically, her orbs darting nervously, and her harks set back. Harmony's hoofs shuffled upon the grass, making the long stems of grass dance.
Harmony hoped to the Gods that Antheia didn't see. Harmony loved her too death, and would never want to hurt her, or her feelings. Antheia meant the world to her, just for being Antheia. She swished her tail as a ladybug landed on her flank. Oh gods, this can't be happening She thought, and heaved a long sigh. Her orbs were glued to the ground, too embarrassed to move them. She silently awaited her answer. Doubtful thoughts tearing through her juvenile mind. She lowered her dome and took a snidbit of grass, trying desperately to remove the thoughts. Harmony squinted her blue orbs as she raised her dome again to look at her beautiful mother. She hoped that she hadn't disappointed Antheia. She wanted Antheia to know that she wanted to be like her beautiful mother that took her in.

Please, please don't leave me. Just don't. I can't handle being alone. I'll end up dying, starving or... hurting myself. You can't leave me. Don't. Please. I beg you. You mean the world to me, all I want to do is impress you, love you, care for you when you get old... Please Antheia. The thought raced through her mind, her face's young-ness, her hyper-ness, this all disappeared like the sun. But this time, she didn't think it would ever come back. Not even the slightest bit. This stress, this pressure of attempting to hide her other side from Antheia, and all the others. Could she do it any longer? I don't know if I can do this. I'm going to blow soon. Might as well tell her. Harmony thought, finally making her decision.
She's going to tell Antheia.

@[Antheia]
Word Count: 364

Dang, this is dramatic.

Deceased
Clo.

A N T H E I A

I kept on running, trying to keep up with the upset filly. My muscles screaming, they could barely go on any longer. Come on Harmony, please stop. As soon as the thought developed inside my dome, Harmony slid to a stop and I almost tumbled, but caught my balance before I reached the ground. "Darling, what happened?" I listened to her sad words about seeing something. Yes, I did see her cry about a flower, maybe a memory of the past. "Yes, I did see loved one, but we all have those sorrow moments, it happens to a bunch of us here in these lands. Most of us, have came here to relieve them, we all need to move on past those moments." I smiled and nuzzled her.

I walked on forward, waiting for Harmony to follow along. I turned my dome, looking back at the paint filly. "Come Harmony, let's talk about it." I smiled and walked a few more paces onward. I bent my knees and laid down on the lifeless grass. I smiled and waited for Harmony to come over, wanting her to lay down beside me. I needed to talk her out of this somehow, because it was really getting to her. I nickered, trying to lure her beside me. She needed me to help her through this and I was going to be there to help her through thick and thin. I loved her to death, and I wasn't gonna let her go that easily.

tag; @[Harmony]
word count; 251
ooc; HORRIBLE! ._.

Deceased
Wild.

Harmony

Harmony breathed a huge sigh of relief. sorrow
Her harks perked, she smiled on the inside, Antheia didn't see. She hadn't disappointed her.
But worry still tickled her chin. Should I tell her? Her thoughts raced once again, doubting herself. But Antheia was so understanding, so caring, and always willing to listen. It would be wrong if Harmony kept this from her, completely and utterly wrong. Harmony nuzzled her beautiful mother in return.
Harmony walked behind her mother's careful steps, smiling at her when she turned back to her and spoke.
" I'm coming Mother. "
Her voice shook. Oh no... Harmony was overly nervous. Afraid of what is to come in her future. Harmony didn't want to herself. She didn't want to become murderous like she is possible of doing. Her orbs flickered to stare at the ground, flicking her forelock from her eyes, she layed close to her mother, her warm coat pressing against her somewhat cold one.
She nuzzled her mother, she loved her so much. It was time.
Harmony's eyes refrained from staring at the ground, meeting eyes with her mother. She started carefully.
" Mother, I love you more than anything. You mean so much to me, all I want to do is make you proud, but one thing is going to come in the way of me making you pleased with my up bringing. "
Harmony frowned at her mother.
" Remember, this is nothing you have done. It is the way I was... born, you could say. From the moment that I was old enough that I could r-re-remember now, I was always pleasant... But anger, overpowered me, the smallest things. "
A tear started to run down her cheek.
" Mother, I may be young, but you must believe me... I am a horrible being. I am murderous. I would never hurt you.... U-unless, you made me angry. I would never mean to. Thing is, I no longer have control once this, thing over powers me. It takes over my body and uses me as a fearless killing machine... "

@[Antheia]
Word count: 372
Dang. *DUN DUN DUN*

Deceased
Clo.

A N T H E I A

My pearls locked on her beautiful frame and I smiled, how could I not? I was probably the happiest mare of all time. When she laid down beside me, I hung my head over her back, listening to her shuddering voice. I listened to ever word she said. As she talked on about being murderous, I just laughed inside my head. Yes I believed her, and yes I knew she was murderous from the way she acted toward that flower. When she said her mother left her, she must've meant that she left her because she killed something. When she finished with her story I began to talk soft words toward her to calm her down.

"Harmony, I believe you. I know I can trust you not to hurt me. But you've got to fight back to stop it. When you get that mean ugly feeling, fight it and be nice to others. You can do it, you have the heart to stop the trail of blood you've left falling behind you. You've got a future. I magnificent one I must say, but to get to it, you must earn that. If you don't want to be the bad one anymore, break away from it before it takes over you. You don't deserve those kind of things. It's your fears getting in the way Harmony. If you've started this, you've got to end it, and only you. I can't help you on this one, I can only give you courage and the hope to keep going."

I spoke with a smile the whole time. I wanted her to put a stop to it, but this was something she would have to fight alone. I had to make her understand that I wasn't going to be there every step of the way but I would be there to her when she really needed it. My pearls were locked on her's when I continued on.

"Your mother made a really bad choice to leave a beautiful little filly out in the middle of no where like you. It was a miracle that I found you, I don't think Frostfall was the best time to dump you, it's really chilly out on days like that one."

I smiled and nuzzled her soft coat. We would get through this together, no matter what we would go through, I wasn't going to allow this happen to my filly. I loved her and the least I could do was protect her. Though, I would have to find someone to teach her how to fight, for I knew nothing about it. But that would come later in Harmony's life, for now she would need to focus on getting on the right track before the darkness took over her whole body for good.

tag; @[Harmony]
word count; 469
ooc; Whoop whoop! I love my Antheia, she's so caring. <3

Deceased
Wild.

Harmony

Harmony sighed. How could Antheia just sit there, like it was all fine and dandy? I don't think she knows what I can do. The thought crept its' way into Harmony's confused, bewildered little mind. She couldn't believe how her mother could still look at her, even a glance. But her mother had no resistance as she hung her head over Harmony's back.

Harmony listened to Antheia's every word. The soft tone in her voice was like a horses' winter coat, warm and comforting. Antheia's warm breath that flowed from her nostrils while she spoke was comforting also. Harmony couldn't get enough of that feeling, the feeling of being loved.

It was true, Harmony was going to have to sort this out herself. But, thing is, she didn't want to. Regular horses didn't understand the feeling. It's not something you can fix easily, it took moons. She needed help, she wasn't strong enough to pull through by herself. Harmony's mind pleaded. Could she push it away, or just admit she couldn't do it.

Harmony smiled back to her mother, she was very, very happy that she was here for herto talk to. But she needed more. She needed help . The feelings, they would overtake her, and they would be ruthless . Why can't anyone understand that Harmony can't help it? It's not her, it's a demon . It will not stop for anything, unless someone else steps in to care for Harmony, someone like Antheia.

She nuzzled her mother and return, getting up to her feet, she walked so she was facing her mother, and laid back down, heaving a large sigh. She looked her beautiful mother in the eyes. Her orbs then glued to the ground, she began to speak:

" Mother, the thing you don't understand is that I can't do it alone. I won't be able to. The demon has all ready grown on me. They have made their home inside my heart. It is our job, together, to get them out. Rip them from their home and forget them forever. It seems as if you and I, we where meant to meet. I killed my father for a reason, so I could meet you. "

She stopped, snapping her mouth shut she looked away. That was never supposed to be shared, ever . Of course, Harmony ruined it. She closed her eyes, pleading to change the past, but of course, it was no use.
She remembered the night...

" Diatrec! " My father roared, his voice low and angry, his red eyes piercing my mothers' skin. His state of mind feared me, also my mother. Standing over me, she spoke calmly. " Dear, please, settle down... You are being ridiculous " My mother's words where a huge mistake, for my father had my temper, but worse. He was the most feared Stallion in our land. He despised foals, any kind, way shape or form, it didn't matter. Thing is, he was feared, but not many knew that he was a horrible fighter. Trust me, I'm not over exaggerating either. He was a wimp with a bad boy mask on. Nothing but a fool. A hotheaded fool he was. My father stamped his foot. A low groan echoed off our stone cave walls. My mother looked away as he came closer, becoming furious he screamed. " Look at me, or I'll make you " My mother stamped her foot and glared at me when I rose, my young legs where strong, for I had just turned a year old, I was one of the strongest any have ever seen, my large muscles shook with fury as he came closer to my mother. I quickly slipped between them, with my shoulder I shoved him. He was pushed back, stunned by my strength. Although I was young, I was tall, My shoulder met his, but my wither didn't meet his. This was no problem for me though, I was fearless , and when it came to fury, unstoppable . When he came nose to nose with me, I didn't flinch, just simply looked at him, my orbs deep pools of raging blue. " You would never lay a hoof on her. You may act tough father, but you will never be a match for me. Never. Think what you please, but I will overpower you. " I yelled at him, my nostrils flaring. " Ha! You silly little foal. I will get your mother, don't be fooled. She's simply a tramp. I am not your father, and you know that. You just say that to make me feel better. Face the fact that your some stranger's foal. Not mine. I will never treat you as one of my own. Face it. Diatrec is now useless. Nothing but a dirty tramp. I will never love her, and I will never love you. "
I stepped back, stunned by his hurtful words. Looking back at my mother, I noticed she was turning away, tears streaming down her cheeks. My anger took me over. My muscles bunched as i lurched toward him, aiming to knock him over. It didn't work, he was still standing, but in shock. Good. I aimed again, this time raising onto my hind legs, I planted a hard hit upon his chest, it was so hard, when he started flipping, two small hoof prints where outlined in dust on his chest. He was flipping backwards, the look ob his face, price less. He caught himself. Standing upon his back legs, he snorted. I smiled. " Not so tough anymore dad ? " A smirk replaced my smile as I darted to his left side, aiming a blow to his flank with my hind legs, I make contact. He fell over with a large thump. My smirk deepened. It was time. I was committing murder.
All the emotion drained from my face as I began. I couldn't control my muscles fast movements. As he was lying on the ground, I quickly went to the front of him. Raising on my hind legs, I looked away as I crashed down, hard. Oh, the look on my mother's face. I looked away from her now, looking down at him moaning in pain, his orbit was shattered, his eye bulging out. Blood dripped from his mouth. I raised up once again. Two more hard blows later, he lay there lifeless.

My mother crashed into as I aimed another. Her teary eyes looked down upon me as I laid on the ground. " Leave here. Forever. I never want to see you again Harmony. I mean it. Leave. " She walked away. I got up and looked at her. " But, mother- " I pleaded, my bloodstained hooves scrapping the ground as I scrambled to get up. " Harmony. Leave. Now. " Her voice was bitter. I walked towards her. " Well, I love you mother. " I tried, she simply looked at me. " Yeah. Obviously not enough " with that, she galloped off...

Harmony looked down in shame. She didn't want Antheia to know she murdered her father. It made her sound like a horrible horse. Not something she wanted to come to mind when Antheia thought of her...

Deceased
Clo.

A N T H E I A

I watched as my sweet little filly began to looked confused. Or, I thought that was the look of a confused filly. But who knew? We were all the same back in the days, we all knew that foals had their own impression on different subjects. Though, Harmony's was quite cute. My harks perked and listened to her sweet words. "Mother, the thing you don't understand is that I can't do it alone. I won't be able to. The demon has all ready grown on me. They have made their home inside my heart. It is our job, together, to get them out. Rip them from their home and forget them forever. It seems as if you and I, we where meant to meet." Then the last sentence came along and it caught me by surprised. "I killed my farther for a reason, so I could meet you." That word, killed. That one word was the one that made my ears flip and lay across the back of my dome.

I thought about the one morning that I had met Harmony at first. "I am an orphan. My mother gave me away as a newborn foal, and I have been alone ever since I was half a year old. I am seeking care, I am weak and hungry." Her voice had pierced my heart, like we were meant to be, and I took her home with me, caring for her. She had killed her father, and now I knew why her mother had dumped her. But, I didn't care, she would make a great outcome.

We would do this together. We would kill the beast that lived inside her poor little body and she would turn out like me, a wonderful creature of the world. The honorable one that cared for everyone, no matter how evil or good, everyone was equal. She would turn out magnificent and a beautiful little mare. She made me shed tears of happiness and I couldn't be mad at her for more than half a second.

I smiled and Harmony and nuzzled her. "Well, you must've been fearless to go up against your father, so you've got to have the same attitude to go up against this monster inside you." I chuckled and softly nickered. "There must be someone out there that may need help, just search inside your mind and it will lead you to them." I smirked and then continued on. "Remember Rishima? That thing on her back is called a companion. If you want one you have to do a quest for the Gods of Helovia, so I think there might be someone out on a quest that might need your help." I nudged her and stood up. Stretching my legs out, I waited for Harmony to stand up also.

"But remember, no matter how bad they get on your nerves and make you mad, you've got to fight your anger and continue to help." I smiled and dipped my head towards her. This was going to be fun.

tag; @[Harmony]
word count; 511
ooc; Your next post can finish this thread. :P

Deceased
Wild.

H a r m o n y
peace begins with a smile..

Harmony sighed. The flashback was something she wished had not happened. It brought her back many memories of her past, ones she despised. She wished the past could be forgotten or possibly changed. But of course, that's not possible. But, maybe, one day she would possess magic... to ebb away the pain? Who knows. It was just another dream for her future.

WHen her mothers' harks pinned when she spoke, Harmony flinched. She didn't like the way her mother was taking this so far. Her hopes plummeting, she cast her orbs down, awaiting an answer to all of her words. She shifted her weight to her back left foot, something she did out of nervousness. Her long forelock acted as a curtain, shading her orbs from her mothers' watchful eyes. Her long mane shielded the sweat that was starting to turn her sorrel coat, to dark brown. She was so nervous, and she really didn't know why. Her feet were urging to just run away from all this. But she couldn't. It would break Antheia's heart. In Harmony's eyes, Antheia was the only reason she has settled down to live in once place. If she hadn't met Antheia, she would just be a wonder-er. But, she was thankful that she had met her mother. Harmony knew that now, she was going to grow up to be a great horse. A role model.

Her mother's words stunned her. Why was she so dang accepting? Antheia was one of the best things that Harmony has met. That was a thing to be proud of, Harmony has met many different horses, unicorns, pegasi, and other things... None of them compared to her mothers' beauty and kindness. Not one even came close.

Antheia's words about the Gods intrigued Harmony. She had always wished to have something that was close to her, something she could share her memories with, and her feelings. Maybe this could be something that Harmony could acheive in the near future. This alone, made her want to jump up, and start the quest. But, one thing stood in her way, and many others', no Gods . She sighed.
When Antheia was finished, Harmony nodded.

" Yes mother. Thank you for understanding. "

Harmony smiled as she stood up, nuzzling her mother.

@[Antheia]
Word count: 396
Okay. So endless blue, here we come (:
HARMONY WAS ACCEPTED INTO WE! FINALLY! (:

text text text
thoughts
"blah blah blah."