the Rift

[OPEN] Hell Bound

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

I was disappointed.

The venom with which her words were given did little to impress me. I did not fear her, I did not feel sorry for her, I merely looked upon her with the polite interest of a stranger. Not just any stranger, naturally, but one who knew the land we both stood upon, one who had the power to instruct those that surrounded us in the shadows and mists to end her life - and the life of whatever creation existed within her womb. I merely stand, silent, quiet, observant, as her tirade begins, and as it ends. I simply stare, my lavender orbs piercing her own through the mists, a strange, empty breeze tugging at my tendrils as the Goddess of the Moon reminds us all of her presence in the lands. Her wind is as much comfort to me as her mists - I let it take the silken threads of my mane and tail - and with it, I see the anger drip away from this pegasus also, as if the enflamed fury that did exist suddenly went out, her noxious energy consumed, cured by the release of toxic words and tempestuous actions.

I do not answer her, for I feel the presence of another before she even arrives. I do not know her name, yet I know she is one of my own - the way the mists welcome her, the way they dance around her, even if she feels insecure and lost, they gather about her to comfort her - they would never lead their own kin astray. My attention swivels towards the single-eared belle, drinking her curious colouring, noting that it was as if the mists themselves had carved parts of her from their own silver, foggy design. I tilted my sword to her, a note of respect, of acceptance, and even of thanks, as her wise words swiftly diffused the situation. The dark mare attempts to regain ground then, soon taking back her words and trying to explain the reasoning behind them. I could not help but wonder just how I would feel in her situation - but then, I would never have allowed myself to get in this situation. To be led by something so full of faults as mortal is sure to lead to such dire circumstances - my path was forever in the silvery light and abysmal darkness of the Moon, her immortal, divine ways were what I strived to follow.

"Hellena." I say the word with quiet power, relishing in the feel of the mists as they seem to dance and sway in time with my breath. "Tragic indeed, but such is life." My tone is simple, direct - not accusatory nor blaming, merely pointing out the facts for what they were. The Edge reacted to a threat in a understandable way - they eliminated said threat, disabled it. "Perhaps, if you continue to see reason, your stay here will be reduced." And you can return to the dangers of being an Outcast. I had never been an Outcast - the idea was abhorrent to me, I could not fathom it. I suppose I could not blame them for wanting a home - the current residents here had taken these lands with similar forceful, violent ways. The difference being, however, they were successful, where these Assassins were not. It was almost a shame, for this mare had proven that she contained at least a shred of intelligence, but had allied herself with the 'wrong' side.

My attention returned to my herdmate, as I expected her soothing tones to permeate the atmosphere once more.

[ ooc :: Hey Ghost, it was my turn next, but don't worry about it this time - just be aware that the new posting order is now Hellena -> Resplendence -> Chemical :) ]

Hellena</style>
May the stars tuck you in at night,
May the Moon watch over you, always.
</style>

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
Hell Bound - by Chemical - 07-25-2013, 06:40 PM
RE: Hell Bound - by Hellena - 07-28-2013, 05:48 AM
RE: Hell Bound - by Chemical - 07-30-2013, 11:49 AM
RE: Hell Bound - by Resplendence - 08-02-2013, 03:03 AM
RE: Hell Bound - by Chemical - 08-02-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Hell Bound - by Hellena - 08-03-2013, 08:02 AM