the Rift

[OPEN] Drunken Moonlit Night [Frost Fyre, Anyone]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Lost in her own little thoughtless world, Kahlua had not noticed the chocolate filly come upon her. She really needed to work on situational awareness- things in Helovia seemed to come out of the darkness and then settle back into it so quickly it. As the little unicorn came within a few steps of her, Kahlua did become aware of her though, and lifted her head and pointed her ears once again. Perhaps this little one was what she had heard in the darkness, then. She wasn't too scary, was she?

Frost Fyre. She repeated the name several times in her head, the only trick that had ever helped her remember the names of all the horses she came across. Quest. Being new the to lands Kahlua knew little to nothing of question for the gods- especially since the darkness had begun almost as soon as her arrival. In fact, the only magic she had even witnessed came from the hooves of Hototo. But for now she kept silent on the matter of questing, letting the chocolate filly finish her words.
Anything you can help me with? What do you know of helping? What kind of troubles do I have? Troubles bigger than your quest, I'm sure. See, look. I'm new here, but some day I'm going to be great. My name will be known throughout the Edge, and maybe wider. I'm going to make a name for myself. But that takes patience. I'm working on it. I'll be Glazier one day. Wait and see. And other troubles? Onni's got me all worried about the shadows every time I turn my head- wondering what monsters might be hiding where. But I don't think you can help me with that either. You don't look much like a psychologist. So do I have troubles? Maybe not so many. Can you help? What can you do? You're so small.
“I'm Kahlua,” she said happily as she stopped walking a few paces shy of the filly. The little one's emerald gaze pierced her forehead but Kahlua did not notice the intricacies of the gaze. She wasn't smart enough to ponder such things- and racism was something she had never even considered. “I don't have troubles,” she lied though some concern showed through on her face as she thought once more of the darkness and the things that hide in it- Onni's monsters, unknown terrain, Ricochet.

Not one to dwell to long on problems long past, though, Kahlua quickly let go of any thoughts of Ricochet. Memories of the ugly, scared stallion that had come upon her so long ago at the Heavenly Fields made her shudder and she didn't want to relive those feelings now. Two long scrapes on her right thigh that were well healed but had yet to have fur grow back over them gave her memories enough of him. She hoped they would not scar over. The terror of the battle had left a heavy impression with her and she wanted it gone. Scars would ruin her beauty, but also be daily reminders of the event.

Looking back to the little filly for a moment she thought again. Though she felt no loyalty to the filly, she also did not feel like she should ignore the little one's request. Regardless of whether or not she understood the quest, she did understand working towards a goal. Her lilting voice “If it helps you, though, I am a little confused about all the goings on of the land. I'm somewhat new here.” She paused for a moment to consider how to phrase her thoughts. “I know that the Edge and Throat are allied, I know of the Gray in the Foothills... but I don't know much more than that they exist. I don't know much of the gods, or anything about their presence in our lives...” She trailed off for a moment. “I guess I could use a history lesson.” She laughed a bright sound, a sound that was so natural for her to make. Perhaps this would be good enough- the little one could work on her quest and Kahlua could gain some invaluable knowledge.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drunken Moonlit Night [Frost Fyre, Anyone] - by Kahlua - 07-31-2013, 12:13 AM