the Rift

Knowing is Seeing [Open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA                

Pretty little angel, can we play your game?

I will be gentle; I will move to your pace

The kiss, the kill, the poetry the freak way

The west coast of Helovia was still vastly unknown to her, and she moved from the inland to the edges of an ancient and dark looking forest. Two, strange colored eyes stared into the darkness, watching the mists rise from the ground. The sun had yet to rise in the sky, but the moon seemed to be slumbering, unseen from behind thick clouds. With a deep breath, she pressed onward, her keen eyes taking in the land in detail. This must be the Edge, realm of the unicorns. Would they be able to smell the equine blood in her veins despite her spiraled, white horn?

She blinked and narrowed her eyes, taking a glance at how damaged and scorched these trees were. Inwardly, she smirked. The Sun God had taken his revenge on these moon followers, and she could not help but feel proud of the tall, golden god. So many followed the dark and the earthen arts, but so few saw how glorious and radiant the Sun God truly was. Too few were brave enough to face his perfection. What should he have done, having his lands taken from him and his siblings sleight him that way?

Ophelia gently pressed her velvety, grey nose on an ashen tree, and she looked up at its barren bows. She had to admit that the death of these trees was tragic. Cloven hooves picked her way through ash and dust before arriving on newly grown, fresh grass. This place reminded her of the Deep Forest in a mysterious way. How many in numbers resided here? How many warriors? How many stallions? She knew the King's name was Mauja and that he was as white as she with darker spots, but her mind could only conjure an made-up image and not a true picture.

CREDITS

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
Sinister webs and nefarious entanglements, rupturing and piercing, punctured, hallowed bits of heaven smoked and tarnished in the fiendish enthrallment of his vicious desires, monstrous cataclysms, molten provocations. Thriving in the depths of death, in the veiled slate of his infernal bedlam, poisonous, viperous contentions of a predatory haze, he maneuvered with Tartarean prestige, supremacy in the hearts of gallows and reaper armaments. Movements were rapacious, consuming, swallowing junctures of oak and ash, scalding skeletons, scintillating carcasses of yesteryear, the lacerating blade of his body swinging amongst the wounded portals of the Edge. Hot roll of coiled muscles rose and fell, ethereal fatality in the burning, smoldering wounds of a god’s peril and triumph, breathing amongst the fallen, cracked palaces, and fragmented palisades. He was a glimpse of minatory intensity, the barbaric vehemence of rapier brutality and brevity, a sharpened, pulsing laceration divesting the world of its blessed convictions and fluttering hearts. To the core, he was travesty and corruption, to the simmering, sultry veins of his layered, demonic abyss, he was immorality and decadence: a machine, a beast, a cutlass of mercenary ambiguities. Caught in the throngs of villainy and dissolution, apathy and nonchalance, the insouciant, dominant crown of chilling, frigid wickedry, the silent clamor of unholy malice, the malicious behemoth stole life and gave nothing in return. And he, this menacing, ominous creature, made his home in the haunted barbs of shade and Stygian veils, snapping what was already perished, withered, decrepit, disappearing in the copse of an endless cycle, traversing in the empty, vanquished herald of the forsaken and damned. Silken weavers of terror and strife, plagued and ruined, absconded and devastated. Treacherous, deceitful, hollowed bits of hell.

It was in these scorched shadows and nether silhouettes that he caught an unfamiliar scent, brazen, bold, foolish, like a harpsichord melody played in the haunting walls of destruction. Did other herds encourage visitors, wanton tourists, heads locked in clouds and blissful ignorance? Did they wish to lose vital pawns, or long for escape from disillusion, shove their scions into other worlds and see if they managed to scrape amongst the living? Motions erupted in a siege of flesh and sin, the raw requiem of hushed punctures, iniquitous, licentious steps, carrying the bulk of his muscled threads, venomous raptures and reveries, calamitous, wolfish strings of dangerous, foreboding artillery. His narrowed gaze, blue and harsh, severe and fierce, took in the imprudent youth, ivory and crimson, horned but not of his own earth. He didn’t recognize her scent; too unfamiliar with the rest of the lands, too elusive, isolated, and apathetic to bother with the other tinges of life. Stone and statue, carved nonchalance along the bridge of his intimidating features, the daunting, formidable brush of his archaic design, the malady of his magic, the fearsome sweep of his arcane motions, sibilant and twisted, raptorial splendor, seared along the edge of the lands, into her standing sphere. He drew his tangible form in front of her, towering, silvern threads of despair, melancholy and eradication, no emotion gathered along his handsome, rugged face – only the begrudging, composition of ferocity, cruelty, glacial, nonchalant composition. Deep, grating tones seized the discordant candor of his voice, too unused, too rough, savage, tyrannical, demanding, a stroke of reaper vocals. "State the reason for your trespass.”

Ascended Helovian

OPHELIA                

The white and crimson filly had not yet reached her full height, but come around in a year, and she would nearly reach this stallion's towering withers. However, she was wrought of delicate features. The veins that ran though her long and warmblood face were distinct, and her body was lithe and slim, attesting to her speed and agility. Strength was not her forte, unlike the silver demon who approached with pinions of churning steel.

Bravery or foolishness drove her to stand her ground with her tender, cloven hooves and raise a brow at this monster's display of masculinity and strength. She had to admit that he was a beautiful creature in his deadly and dark grace, and her crimson and blue eyes settled on his rippling figure. The expression on his face was naught, but brutality and cruelty churned just beneath the surface. Perhaps she was simply too immature to understand the sensations she was feeling, but the fear was addictive and exciting.

Her heart beat strongly in her chest, muscles tense as her instincts (long ago forgotten) urged her to take flight. Still, she stood firmly in her space, tossing her juvenile mane with an upward nod of her delicate jaws. Phi turned her face slightly to the side, arching her neck in an effort to appear larger and more mature, and her grey nostrils flared with pink and tender flesh. She settled her crimson eye on his own and blinked long, white lashes.

"Trespassing? Does the horn on my brow not permit me even an audience?" she asked, her chime-like tones ringing beautifully in the stark contrast of his own, rough ones. Ophelia had not been back to her home-land of the Throat in some time, so her scent carried the earthen greens of the forest. "Who are you?"

CREDITS

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Heather

He could rip the delicacy from her bones, the virtue from her flesh, and the splendor of life from her lungs, and still she remained, a tireless essence of youthful indulgence. Some would likely kindle such garb as brave and valiant; he considered it mundane, tiresome, and stupid. Lacking in fortitude, she maintained that simmering bulb of immaturity, the blissful life of a child without desolation, despair and melancholy. He, however, had been made from such contortions, bound into the depths of isolation and anarchy within the first year of his birth, burning into the juvenile court of his body until all he became was rigid, coarse, deadly grace, taut murder, horrid devastation. He simmered in damnation, flocking to the heathen boroughs of malicious, venomous contentions and convictions, rigorous strength, contemptuous vigor, and she flourished, frolicked into the seeds of his torn homeland like a bird, inane, vacuous, disgusting. He almost sneered at her words, soft, mellifluous chimes that wreaked of ignorance, but instead, only ushered a raucous, discordant snort. Did she believe herself privileged, entitled, because of her horn, even when her livelihood did not possess these heralded, devastated walls? Was she not just as senseless as those other species, the ones tarnished by wings and feathers or their simple hooves? She walked into someone’s home and made demands of them? Pray that next time Mauja would allow him to condemn the wicked little fools that bounced around his realm. In his childhood, he would have laughed in her face, sneered, tormented and taunted until she fled in tears – but now, he just proceeded closer, a rapacious, predatory glimmer of insouciance and rebellion. The fierce, savage puncture of his gaze landed in her own eyes, narrowing in the specious, guileful duct of Machiavellian designs. Guarded, nonchalant, composed, he leaned into her presence, close-knit precariousness, felt the chords of his necromancy touch the ground beneath his hooves, chisel and steal the essence of life in pulsing, frenetic waves of savagery. His bestial shades did not falter; each breath he prospered was layered with the distinct rapture of death, puissant, indignant iniquity. His licentious credence fueled the harsh, flattened features of his voice, still ringing with demand, leaving any peaceful siege in shambles. “You have your audience. Now give me your purpose.” A tiresome scion, she even harked for his calling. He’d proffer it to her like a gift, wrapped, shambled, discordant, and meticulous, a calculating band of letters that combined into a searing, scintillating plunge of unholy, turbulent sin. "Deimos.”

Ascended Helovian

OPHELIA                

Was that a sneer beneath his features? A hint of one? Did he think her some foolish and frivolous creature, a fairy dancing in the moonlight of her coat? She wanted to snort in amusement, and her two colored eyes darkened considerably. Her form tensed with a flash of cool temper, and her hard gaze settled on the creature who pushed ever forward. Crimson and white forelock hung listlessly on her brows, and her delicately turned ears settled backward, her features suddenly fierce.

Her single year had not been one of mother's love and father's care either. She had been torn from her family from a mare, cut from the same likeness if this foul demon. There, she had been held until the shades, monstrous shades had destroyed her home. Selflessly, she had faced the killers and shouldered her sister's lameness to this land, and she had disappeared into the mountains of snow in isolation. Her memory would not let her forget.

Though beautiful and delicate on the outside, her mind was twisted and darkened on the inside. Blessed and cursed was she with a perfect memory, eidetic they said. Never would she be able to forget any tantalizing or horrible moment, and every thought, image, smell, taste and sound would always be as vibrant in her mind as it was the moment it happened. So she studied this creature and his strength, for she would never forget. Every clash of words would remain ringing in her ears forever.

Deimos was his name. Fitting, for such a powerful creature. The way his eyes narrowed and bored into her own made her heart leap once more in her chest, but the two colored orbs of her own simply hardened in response. "Introductions, Deimos," she growled in return, flashing her full tail around her hocks. His name slid from her tongue like crude oil would from a narrow pipe - slowly and thickly. "I find it only fair to know who resides here among my own kind, and I have heard that this forest is beautiful."

She glanced pointedly at the burned and ashen trees before sliding her hardened gaze back to his features. "Perhaps I was mistaken about this herd's strength, seeings as the Sun God has made quick work of your borders." Her Sun God....

CREDITS

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
The disturbance drew him in like a moth to flame, some vague sixth sense of leadership guiding his hooves in the right direction. A breeze brought the smell of a stranger, and the one of Deimos - the King's walk became a fleet-footed trot, sweeping legs through a clinging mist as trees flashed by. Clouds covered the moon and stars in the sky, but still the deep shadows clung to him, a rippling darkness just vaguely perceivable that followed him, and silver covered the black of his pupil, making him seem blind. Mauja saw perfectly well, and he knew his forest, navigating it with ease. Some nights, he felt like a ghost in his own home, with most members being someplace else, seeking respite from the heat by going north, or just not being where he was. On moonlit nights he shimmered and glowed, and on moonless ones, the dark shadows hid him, making him seem gray.

"Introductions, Deimos," a foreign voice growled, coming from the chest of a young white unicorn. Red marked her mane and tail, a proud white horn rising from her brow. What business did she have in here, past the burnt section, growling at one of his loyal warriors? He did not know where she was or where she came from - she smelled of the forest with the blood red pool, and vaguely of something else that he couldn't quite place. Was it one of the herds? Someone he'd met? Mauja couldn't bother with remembering it, and pushed it aside. For now, he'd assume she was an outcast, but that didn't lessen the crime of her trespass. "I find it only fair to know who resides here among my own kind, and I have heard that this forest is beautiful." Fair? Fair? If so, it would be fair for his loyal Doctor and his nurse to walk into the Foothills, it would be fair for him to go gallivanting around in the Throat! Did they? Did they? No! Some asshat warriors had acted as if d'Artagnan was a lethal, contagious disease, vermin to be driven out, and Kri couldn't even look at him without her eyes screaming murder! So who was this nosy, upstart girl to traipse into his home and claim it was fair to trespass? If she had been anything but a unicorn, he would've screamed and run her through with his frost-coated horn in sheer frustration, but as it was, he tried to rein in his temper. A low growl rumbled in his chest for a split moment before it died out, and as she delivered a provoking comment about the Sun he slipped out from the embrace of the darkness.

Icy fury lined the cracks in his mask, something cold, unyielding, in his pale eyes; his head was carried high, grace and power leaking from his being. When Mauja was in a temper, he was terrible to behold - he did not scream and throw things about, but watched with a cold, calculating silence, the silent promise of murder in his voice. "You're in my home," he said, deathly cold. He brushed up next to Deimos, carefully keeping a few inches of clean air between them - he had not forgotten the warrior's warning, and even when breathing warm air onto his muzzle in greeting did he refrain from bumping. Respectful, perhaps, but also a clear indication that he would not give up.

"And you're being rude." Moon-covered eyes settled on her, hard, his pale tail flicking behind him. "Provoking. Like a vulture, picking at an old wound." Did she truly believe even the largest herd of mortals stood a chance against a God composed of fire? They could throw themselves at him, all at a time or one by one, and he'd simply incinerate them all, leaving nothing but charred, foul-smelling flesh and cinders to tell the tale of their bravery and strength. Muscles were coiled tight beneath his white coat, the sharp, strong edges of ice evident in every plane of his body; gone was the soft snow, the face that often smiled and the eyes that were warm. Only the harsh, strong bite of winter remained as he stared at her.

"Is that who you want to be?" he asked, demanded, of her in a voice that bore no traces of love and warmth.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Heather

Engraved abhorrence burned, immersed, in the hollows of his heart, twisted, malevolent strands of conspiring, chilling cataclysms, the whisper of ominous, foreboding turmoil, terror twined, scored, incised in the threads of humanity. The rancorous reverberations, the seething, scathing chords, carved puissance in the crowning wake of anarchy, the feverish, frenetic hymns of satanic lamentations, horror trapped in the archaic demolition of the living. Merciless, cruel and barbaric, he constantly consumed the vital plumes of morality, scarred the surface of whimsical diatribes, scorched and disassembled the masses of vestal virtues: violence in the haunting elegance of death and destruction, ruin and damnation. Demise and fatality, malignant, lethal overtures of devoured discord, sacrificing divinity and compassion for the diabolical, horrible sins of a necromancer’s sword. He murmured sedition, despair, licentious credence and primordial duplicity, warped, heinous, predacious decadence in the hushed, inaudible reticence of a cryptic, antagonistic animosity. He savored the plunge of bedlam, harbored the aching tombs of strife, layered the acerbic world with his iron detachment and serrated blades of furor and fury. Barbarous, remorseless, and cold-blooded, penetrating, piercing, finessed derision, power, might and brawn smoked into the sinful, silken cords of argent domination. No, they were not the same. His bestial manifestation witnessed the trespasser’s temper flare, the tensing of her form, ears pinned against her skull in a precocious advent of brutality. Did she expect him to quiver, shudder, shiver in the breadth of her youthful audacity? Her attempt at intimidation was lost upon the nonchalance of his chiseled, statuesque majesty; her fanciful dreams of pressure and tyranny misaligned and didn’t strike against his marble countenance – rugged attributes remained dispassionate and indifferent to her plight, imperial recherche, frozen reserve, indiscernible, obscure. She was the intruder, the interloper, the streamlined doll of mercurial pursuits, not he. Her impetuous, shameless behavior would only shame her, lacquered and layered in the doldrums of foolish impudence. Voice encased in ice, glacial, frigid boughs of immoral clarity, rasped, grated, poisoned. “You are mistaken in many ways.”

The arrival of the frosted monarch allowed the monster to focus on something else, listening, watching, as the stitched seams of a calm sovereign became hostile, rimed, cold, harsh among the dense inklings of a witless visitor. Now, there were two majestic, corrupted heathens amongst the disruption of youth and mindlessness, rankled ire, incensed umbrage, sharpened daggers against the hollow juncture of her long, extended nape. Calculations and scrupulous provocations, scraping on the edge of depravity; he felt the light touch of his sovereign, but only concentrated on the venomous contortions of his own body, brushing, coaxing, caressing the vital torrents of life, longing to seize, siege, murder. From the corner of his blue eye, frozen severity, he gave a subtle, muted look of warning to Mauja, then released the toxic indulgences, the noxious reaper armaments his depraved form held. Slowly, feverishly, the trickling, pervading promises of decadent magic and magery, hot, grinding knives of predilection, massacre, condemnation, seared the aching grounds. Tickling the wounds of the dried earth, the heinous vespers, the overbearing toxins of grim catastrophe continued onward, feral, fatal caresses of death, kisses of infernal, unholy fervor, fraudulent friction towards her nimble, fragile container. All reserved for her. Run or die. One bestial command rang from his lips, the crisp chord of the wretched. "Leave.”

Ascended Helovian

OPHELIA                

The natural instincts of fear, those coiling tendrils of adrenalin that told others to run were absent in her strange and bizarre mind. Instead, she had infinite reservoirs in which to hold her memorys - all aspects of a memory. Every emotion, smell, taste, touch, sound, and visual image was stored nearly; naturally there would not be much room for normality. So, when the Frost King made his appearance, large imposing form striding with all the chill of the north, she did not sway, her cloven hooves remaining perfectly, properly still on the ashen earth.

So this was Mauja? Her dual colored eyes slid over his form in a studious manner, the orbs taking in every spot and fleck of blue in his horn. He was built powerfully with high withers and strong hindquarters, and the fur that hung down below his hooves attested to his cold nature; she admired this, having always preferred the tundra to a more comfortable grassland. Even with her winter coat, she would never have such long, lovely feathers on her lower canons. The expression on her face held an innocent curiosity as well as a driving, inescapable need to know - stern, serious and desperate. A wild academic, much like a black and bronze brother who resided in this land.

The king's voice brought her back to the present, and she slid her newly focused, two colored eyes to the impartial face. When he spoke, she nodded once and inclined her head respectfully, bending a pale knee and tilting one of her cloven, tan hooves. Ophelia was not a selfish creature, nor was she disrespectful; she understood what suffering leaders took. She saw it in her father, watched the pains he took to lead his herd into the longest peace Isilme had ever known. "Sir," she said deferentially, her voice still gentle like chimes.

Deimos spoke then, and temper flashed in her strange eyes, her crimson orb taking on a strange and violent light. Despite being born of two noble beings, she was still the granddaughter of violence and terror. "As are you, Deimos," she replied, her voice cool. The rebuking of the kind calmed her temper, and she nodded. "My apologies, I allowed my temper to get the best of me," she replied, taking a deep breath and exhaling the tension from her lungs. "No, I am no vulture. I... Finding a description of one's self is difficult..." she muttered, knitting pale brows in concentration.

Her full, white and crimson tail swung at her hocks, and she rested one of her back hooves, a clear testament to the fact that flight instincts in her mind were dead. "I suppose you could call me a memory bank," she said finally, looking up at the king and casting a sour, quick glance at Deimos. He told her to leave and she snorted incredulously. "And you call me r - " She was cut off as her vocal chords seemed to turn to stone in her throat. Ophelia felt as if every cell in her body was slowing down and refusing to work. Red blood cells starved her brain, and her vision grew fuzzy. The very soul within her bones rattled and vibrated before draining, leaking out of her with cries of pain.

The young mare stumbled backwards, lids closing and white lashes falling to her delicate cheeks, and her proud, regal jaw lowered, lips brushing the ashen dirt. Was this what it felt like to die? Curious... feeling. Must have been... Deimos. Deimos. Vengeance. The weight of her lithe figure swayed on narrow, cloven hooves, and she crashed down to her knees, wanting nothing more than to lay down and pass. Was she a shell now? How... curious. How... agonizing.

CREDITS

Ascended Helovian

It was as eerie, as foreign and fascinating, to watch her, as it had been to gain control of Monster. At his appearance she dipped into an elegant bow, arching her white neck and lowering her horn towards the ground. It took him by surprise, but all he did was raise a 'brow at her courtesy. It was, perhaps, the first time one had bowed to him within Helovia - and she was graceful, too, beautiful when she did it, her movements flowing. Beside him, Deimos stirred, and growled just as the mare greeted him with a gently chimed "Sir,". He felt the necromantic power shift in the air beside him, stroking his skin with hungry fingers seeking to get in, to slip inside and steal the breath from his lungs and the blood from his veins. He shifted aside slightly, watching the temper boil in the mismatched eyes the young mare possessed. Her provoking comment about the Sun making short work of their borders had already given him an inkling of a sharp tongue and a temper, so the flash of it across her eyes came as no surprise. But it seemed that Mauja's cold presence forced some calm onto the situation: she composed herself, reined in her anger, curbed her tongue.

While he did not approve of her brazen trespass and previous words, he did approve of her recovery. The apology soothed some of his ruffled feathers, and the hardness of his gaze softened slightly, but he was not any less vigilant. He watched her every move, like a hungry beast watching its prey, and he frowned. Memory bank? What did that mean? But she could not elaborate, because beside him, he felt the power shift in the air, a warning. Instinct caused him to backpedal rapidly, putting several yards between him and Deimos. Destruction, life-eating, spread out from him as he growled a command; it reached the white mare, gripped her, and her eyes went vacant as her body screamed. Mauja knew then that all Deimos had ever done to him was nothing but child's play, a warning, and a shiver traveled down his spine as the scene unfolded. Deimos, stoic, ashen gray, his long horn glowing blue, stood so calmly while destruction raged out from him. And the stranger, she fell onto her knees and crashed down on the brittle earth, ash marring her snowy perfection in a mockery of the King's own appearance; she writhed, she screamed, until she grew stiller and silent.

He knew, then, what Deimos was capable of.

"Stop," he said quietly, but the command rang through the air with crisp authority. He did not want the death of another on his conscience, but this had been warning enough - she had not done enough to die for her crimes, not in the moment of her retribution: of her apology. It could still have been salvaged... But he found it not in his heart to blame the necromancer for his deeds, for all he'd done was protect that which Mauja cherished the most: the Edge family. But should he ignore the command now... The monarch's blue eyes narrowed, his own darker magic held at the ready - ready to strike down and punish, should Deimos fail to heed his command. Within his own body, it gathered, a chill in the pit of his stomach. He would not give it away, would not tell that his magic stood poised to strike down one of his own. He did not want to do it.

Didn't know if he could. The stranger would be lost anyway, in the time it took for his magic to do its work.

With a silent sigh he released his grip on it, the chill leaving his body. "This is inconvenient. It'll be hard to drag her away." It was with a chilling detachment he made the observation, looking at her fallen form, but it was also true - it was hard to drag horses, and with a resigned sigh he cocked one hip and put the hind hoof on its tip. Nothing left to do but wait for her to come to.. or see if she'd slip into a coma or die, or if Deimos would kill her. There was, stupidly enough, very little Mauja could do if he chose to not listen to the order to stop.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

K T U L U
It's hiding in the dark
Its teeth are razor sharp
There's no escape for me
It wants my soul,
It wants my heart

Wherever Ophelia went one could almost bet that Ktulu wouldn't be far behind and vice versa. This time, however, Ktulu had kept her distance as Ophelia had traveled, preferring to let her sister experience the world. Still, the young black dun had worried so she'd made her presence unknown, confident that Ophelia wouldn't suspect her unless something went wrong and she hoped dearly that nothing did go wrong. She hoped that Ophelia wouldn't be angry or upset if she decided to step in if it did but her job, first and foremost, was to ensure the safety of her beloved Ophelia.

As her pale sister had entered the outskirts of the Edge's forest Ktulu had held back, waiting. Once Ophelia was out of site her darker body slipped into the trees. She kept her distance, using her hearing and sense of smell to keep tabs on her sister. She heard when Ophelia stopped and began to speak. The deep voice of the one who answered her made her skin crawl, as did his scent. For everything he said Ophelia had an answer and it made a smirk cross Ktulu's face. For all her beauty and gentleness she surely had a sharp tongue.

Rather than edge closer to get a view of Ophelia and this Deimos that she was speaking to, Ktulu continued to circle around, deciding that she would rather be behind him should he try something foolish. It would be much easier to launch a counter attack, she thought.

Sounds of another one approaching had Ktulu stopping in her tracks, her ears straining forward to listen. Moments later she could hear another voice. The darker sibling began to inch closer now, listening as Ophelia spoke until her voice was cut off and she head the sound of a body hitting the ground.

Anger and fear surged through Ktulu's body and it was all she could do not to start crashing through the ruined trees and into the fray. Instead she moved forward cautiously, stopping suddenly when she felt as if she were beginning to weaken. As if her life was being ripped from her. The mare tossed her head back and backed away until she felt okay once more. Thankfully she could see the whole scene folding out before her. The darker stallion and the white one and her dear sister on the ground looking as though she were fighting for every breath.

Ktulu's ears pinned back against her skull and she reigned control of her own magic before focusing on the white stallion. She knew good and well who he was because Kri hated him so much. She focused everything she had on him, intending to cut off his air supply and leave him floundering like her sister was. "If she dies, you die." Ktulu's voice rang out with clear authority from the trees behind the group. She did not hear Mauja tell Deimos to stop. All she could see was her sister suffering and it didn't take a genius to figure out that they were the cause.

Icon by Tay

Heather
The alluring, beguiling scrape of temptation bade her to play a foolish game, treacherous, dangerous devilry, the slashing, ripping opus of a puissant scythe. Hushed, decadent silence pervaded his arcane, reticent rapier sorcery, the warlock doldrums of discordant fire, fueled by malevolence, incised, incensed by loathing. Diabolical pariah harbored sinister strife, bestowed the irrepressible, eldritch pose, prose and poise; forsaken, renounced and relinquished to the eaves of destruction, the engulfing allure of vile, stained carnivore resplendence. He tore amongst flesh and mutinied against heaven, slid sin into virtuous intrigue and corrupted shades of morality until the edges of their ivory veils became tainted threads of extermination, final breaths tarnishing severed strings. Stitched seams of irreverent, wicked munitions, minatory intrigue, severe, sinister horror touched, caressed, possessed the arches of the stranger’s lungs, the heated, molten core of her veins, the struggling, beloved heart striving to beat within her chest. Distorted debauchery, savory, rapacious grandeur, severed, clawed, heinously clambering into the ducts of life and threatening to ruin it all, devour precious chords, demolish and dispose infant ferocity with the swinging plunge of his own savage knives. In his silent candor, he suffused the earth with nefarious incantations, Tartarean guile, Stygian invocations, supremacy in the boughs and parlors of intrusion, toxic, venomous potency: carving a segment of dominance in the haunted convictions of a soulless being. He watched it all, feral, bestial witness, and showed nothing but the unreadable statue-esque countenance of a satanic entity, beautiful and diseased. When she crumpled, he did nothing. When she screamed, he did nothing. When she lain frozen against the dried, acrid earth, he did nothing. He watched, the harsh scope of his predacious gaze absorbing the scene, appeased by the ache of her body, the plunging cries of righteousness begging for assuage. Sliding inside his black heart was naught but the intense satisfaction of an enemy waylaid, diamonds destroyed, distorted, contorted, in the feverish plunge of his menacing, forbidding mayhem. How much further could he go, until she too, was a wraith? Until she was eternally spent, lungs collapsed, soul ruined?

He is not given the opportunity. The glacial sovereign ushered one harsh, authoritative command, and the debauched cretin is forced to obey. Demon scion or not, loyalty, the only thing he could claim along the embroidered Edge, had a more influential dominion than the harking murmur of murder. Reaper’s breath, calamity in the rancorous fringe of his blade, receded, drawn back into his unearthly shell. Controlled, subdued and repressed, he glanced back at the ice leader and nearly shrugged. Artful, cool detachment pooled amongst his prowess, the audacious slate of indifference and nonchalance. Why should he care about a foolish twit who couldn’t fathom the notion of trespassing? “She was warned.” His grating growl seared and simmered amongst the bitter heat, along the scene of potential carnage and catacombs. He’s tempted to leave her there altogether, to be buried amongst the dunes in her unconscious turmoil, to rot, burn, wither and decay in the salacious, sultry warmth. Perhaps that was what the ignorant and foolish deserved, to learn from erroneous tidings or be heralded to an early grave with no eulogies to lead them to purgatory.

Yet, before they have further time to dwell on the matter, another makes their presence known. The unfamiliar scent, the incredulous, brazen motions only served to announce some other wretched youth, idiotic and demanding. Were they all like this: wanton, petulant children? His fiendish bones and sinew, fresh, vigorous, virile muscles, are almost lured to attack again, to show the tiresome wretches where they truly belonged, smothered and suffocated in the brine of their stupidity, in the rise of their ineptitude. How easy it would be to coax another to their tomb, crying, weeping, and ultimately shattered, silent in their suffering until the abrupt end. But this one – this ebon creature had something else conjured amongst her annoying, tiresome body, he was almost sure of it. Narrowing his stare, leveling the ferocious, barbarian gleam of ice and blue unto the obsidian femme, he delivered his own ominous augur, of unsaid threats, of unspoken warnings, of unsung hazards that could befall her too if his words were not marked as credence. “Take her away.”

Ascended Helovian

OPHELIA                

Was this ripping sensation on her chest the feeling of her soul tearing apart from her body? Weightless and unperturbed, she hovered above her barely breathing body, observing herself for the first time with curiosity. Now, she had a clear and distinct image of what she looked like from another's perspective for the first time, but the ultimate question was... would she remembered when her body revived?

Demonic, like the sounds of satan from underwater reached her ears, and in the blink of an eye, she returned to the darkness. Heavy, weighted lids hid her delicate orbs from sun's rays, but even if she could, she would not lift them. Pain like a thousand little needles pushed from her skull, threatening to pull her under into unconsciousness again. Everything etched in her memory as she came to, even the strange, out of body experience. Nothing was forgotten.

More sounds from under the surface. Her sister? With a grunt, Ophelia forced her eyes open, hissing for a few moments as she adjusted. She felt empty and numb, as if her emotions belonged to someone else. The simmering, violent rage boiled just beneath the surface, but barely touched her mind. Slowly, she felt small facets of herself sink back into her body, melding perfectly once more. Her perfect memory helped; it knew where everything went in distinct, clear order.

Now she did see that her sister was there, threatening Mauja, and Ophelia threw her body onto unsteady, cloven hooves. With temper flashing, she dipped her regal chin to her chest, the tip of her horn pointed at Deimos. Still, her eyes flickered to Mauja, though she was obviously still disoriented. Her bravery was commendable.

"You keep ill company Mauja," she whispered darkly, her voice still returning. "Company who seems to disregard your authority. My sister and I would have made powerful allies, but I will never forget. I will NEVER forget the lack of control you have over your herd or the lack of respect you have for your own kind." Ophelia's voice was riddled with harsh violence and temper, each consonant punctuated with a sharp snap of her lips and tongue.

Two toned eyes now slid to Deimos, the compassion and gentleness replaced with cold, dark fury. The beautiful mare had turned into a deadly, furious creature. Rays of the sun hit the crimson in her mane, the color resembling blood. "I can remember everything you did to me. My mind is not like others. I will never be able to forget the agony which most minds hide away from the conscious. You WILL feel what I felt. I will make you suffer until this sleight has been repaid in full." Those final words slid from her tongue in a dark, wicked promise.

A twisted smirk curled her lips, and she turned her head to the side as she stared straight into the cruel stare he was giving her. "I know what you are now, and you do not scare me, Deimos."

CREDITS

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

K T U L U
It's hiding in the dark
It's teeth are razor sharp
There's no escape for me
It wants my soul,
It wants my heart

[posting at neo's request]

Ktulu's ears flicked in Ophelia's direction when she heard her sister speak, her lovely voice sounding strained under the torment the bastards were putting her through. Though it should have relieved Ktulu, hearing her sister speak, it only served to further her anger. They would pay for what they did to Ophelia, she would make sure of it. Her magic threatened to wrench control from her and she snorted harshly, her blood red eyes narrowing on the pale beast that called himself King. The King of what? Ruined trees? Kindling?

She was warned. Ktulu wanted to roll her eyes. "As you are both being warned now." She seethed. "If any harm befalls her I will kill you both." There was something in her threatening to snap and become unhinged. Something dangerous that she found herself fighting to gain control once more. "You are nothing but a monster not fit to walk the earth." She said to Deimos. "And if I must I will take you to the depths of hell with me." Giving her life for her sister seemed a small price to pay to keep her safe. She would do anything for her should she ask.

Suddenly Ktulu reigned in her magic and began to circle around to get to Ophelia's side. "We will leave." She said, continuing on her path to her sister. Her eyes flickered to Deimos and she pinned her ears back. "If you try anything I will collapse your lungs in your chest." She promised the dark stallion before her gaze drifted to Mauja. "And I will make sure the rest of your forest burns around you." She glanced toward her sister then motioned with her head that they should leave. "Let's go."

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

And chaos in its most pure, most pristine, form descended. Hell swept in around their place in time and space, cutting off the rest of the world, watching as mortals briefly fell into pandemonium. Another mare, of age with the one laying limp upon the ground, swept into the scene. She smelled distinctly of the Dragon's Throat, and a single word etched itself in Mauja's mind: fuck. Darkness closed in on his throat, the next breath he intended to take never came - his windpipe felt swollen, closed, as if he was trying to breathe through a straw. A little air still slipped in, but the noise accompanied was wheezing, and for all his elegance and refined words, Mauja was nothing but a beast, a beast who knew all too well that he was being choked. There was little he could do against the onslaught of panic, except try to fight it down: he wanted to scream, for his pet, he wanted to order him to tear these unicorns apart, he wanted to send ice spikes flying... But all he did was stand very, very still, a faint rim of white visible around the blue of his eyes. Sides that should've quivered, nostrils that should've been wide open and drawing in deep breaths, were unmoving. Mauja was a true statue of ice, holding his breath and trying to hold on to his body, to his sanity, and not give in to the ocean of darkness that threatened to overwhelm him and send him into a frenzy of violent, panicked anger.

Deimos had heeded his command, which was perhaps the only blessing right now. The downed mare struggled awake and upright, in a commendable show of bravery, holding on to her sanity. Temper flashed in her eyes, and as the ability to breathe returned to the ice king, it started simmering in his eyes too. Who was she to lecture him in his home? Who was she to say any fucking thing at all? The second mare's interjection didn't help either, but Mauja fought down the snarl building inside of him. "If I lacked control, you would be dead," he told her icily. If she had any brain cells to rub together in that head of hers, she'd know it for the truth. Deimos had very easily downed her, and Mauja knew that he wouldn't have had any problem taking on Ktulu as well. That hellish power was what his warrior of death was made of, and Mauja had no interest in making idle threats. "And it is not exactly the height of politeness to come into my home and argue with my warriors without being invited." He snorted. Such fucking hypocrisy. If Mauja or his herd even went near the Throat it sent Kri into a frenzy, and in the Foothills they were greeted like enemies - and now they came in here, were rude, and expected him to just prance around, shitting flowers? He guessed that if the roles were reversed, Kri wouldn't have called off whoever was downing him.

"Such vindictiveness," he growled at them. "I'll not seek to punish you until the end of time for brazenly walking into my home as if you belong here, and yet you see fit to threaten me and my warrior for trying to get you out again." But he sounded more tired than angry. And in truth, he was tired - he was tired of dealing with trespassing idiots at odd hours, and then being blamed when they reaped the consequences of their actions. To him, trespassers in the Edge were greeted with the epitome of courtesy compared to the "welcomes" his herd got when trying to forge bonds with others. True, the first time in the Throat both he and d'Artagnan had went in of their own accord, but in the Foothills? He'd heard of that mission, and how they'd been treated. The time he'd stopped pretty much on Kri's borders, she'd still looked fit to murder him. Wary, tired eyes slipped to Ophelia, something akin to warmth, kindness, in them. He wanted to tell her that she should sleep, that it was the best cure when recovering from a brush with death, but that'd only reveal the fact that the King himself had been "burned" a couple of times. Never without good reason, but he had no desire to tell them of the complicated relationship he had with the conscript. Mauja's pale tail flicked against his hocks, eyes snapping onto the protective, choking sister. He disregarded her threats, not even bothering to address them. She, apparently, wanted to leave, and Mauja wished them both to be gone. They had no further business here. He'd see them to the borders, to make sure they really left, and then... then he'd have to figure out whether or not he was upset with Deimos.