the Rift

it's your world, i'm just trying to live in it .

Sunday Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sunday
remembering sunday, he fell to his knees

Upon entering these strange lands, the first thing Sunday noticed was that the sun no long hung in the sky. Sunday clearly remembered setting off at dawn for elsewhere. She had been wandering for as long as she remembered. The past was not forgotten to her, though she preferred to keep her mind clear and observing the complexity of nature. The area was dark, even though Sunday thought it was well into the afternoon. The only indication that it was around this time was the change in temperature, and the singing of the blue birds. Sunday kicked at a stone, and sent it skittering across the dry dirt. She looked ahead, into the dense mass of green trees. Despite all her wandering, Sunday hasn’t met a single loner like herself. Being a wanderer was not the most exciting of activities. Just endless walking. Because Sunday didn’t have anything else to do, she did a lot of thinking. No, it wasn’t really philosophical thoughts or anything like that. She just thought what would’ve happened if her parents never died, how different life would’ve been. Sunday was completely fine with being a wanderer, she had freedom. Her days were spent basking in the sunlight (if there was sunlight, that is), and galloping across endless fields. However, the life she spent living alone was starting to catch up to her, and every now and then Sunday found herself longing for a companion in her journeys. Today was no different. Sunday was back to thinking and wishing for things she couldn’t have. Others have told her that she was quite an imaginative little filly, but that was a long time ago. Almost 3 years ago. On the contrary, three years ago was when harsh reality hit her, and Sunday ran away. Surprisingly, she never had regrets about that day, and was glad she lived to tell the tale. Many didn’t.
The absent sun and the way time seemed to drag on forever was what made Sunday stop walking and stand by a river. She didn’t realize how parched her throat had become, and took a long sip from the river, relishing the taste of clear, cold water. Sunday itched to say something, but she would look absolutely crazy talking to the air. She felt that somebody was near, so she turned around in a full circle. Nobody was there. Sunday couldn’t be imagining things, because she sort of developed that sixth sense in her solitary travels. There was somebody there, Sunday was sure of it. The quiet, almost silent sound of shuffling leaves proved her thinking. It didn’t want to show itself, so Sunday opted for talking, even though she wasn’t much of a talker herself. Maybe talking would get a response out of it.
"Hello,"
Sunday called out.
"Anybody there?"

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

lights will guide you home
and ignite your bones
</style>

Her stars. They were back. Even with the absence of the sun, Irrydae's mood had drastically changed- she was almost happy again. But the looming fact that the Gods were still missing kept her slightly surly and not her usual calm self. Her heart tended to race at a peculiar sounds, until she realized- as usual- it was nothing. A light sigh escapes her lips, alert golden orbs scanning quickly over the land, searching for anyone. Well, she knew she was looking for the lithe blue frame of-. Irrydae bites the inside of her cheek, turning her head away as her eyes prickle as the guilt washes over her, trying to consume her. Her breathing quickens as she remembers the words told to her. And I left. I am a terrible person. The rusty taste of blood brings her mind back to the present as she spits it out roughly, brow creasing as she looks at the snow turned pink. The rise of the sun had still not happened in who knows how long, but some of the snow was melting. That also lifted her spirits- Frostfall was over.

Irrydae quickly jolted out of her stupor, hard hooves pressing lightly into the ground in a methodical crunch, steps evenly placed as she glides smoothly through the darkness. Her even pace falters a step as the flash of a memory crosses through her mind- the one of Evers face, crumpling in sadness as she had fleed. With a small shake of her head, she dismisses it roughly and continues on her path. Her heart sputters erratically at the thought though, and that is something she can not push away. Her lips turn down slightly in a frown before pushing the entire thought away for good.

-----

Irrydae slips into the trees silently, tall, lean bodice weaving through the trees with ease- she has done this enough times to know exactly where to place her hooves to make the least amount of noise possible. She tucks her wings in against her rib cage, chest rising and falling evenly. With a gentle stir of a breeze, her nares flare and capture the precious scent of another. Her pulse pumps with her magic- though it is still not fully there, and she can tell. It is not right.

As the scent grows stronger, Irrydae slows until she is near, purposefully stepping on the damp, flexible branches that won't snap and give her away.

'Hello, anybody there?'

A smile fills Irrydae's face before the mask of calm replaces it and she steps out to reveal herself to the other mare- voice ringing loud and clear; confident. "One should not so blatantly announce their presence... especially in times like these. Things could turn out dangerous-"

Dangerous. This was not something she would usually say- almost as if she was the danger herself. But no, she wasn't.

"-But no worries. I will not harm you." Irrydae smiles at the stranger, her tone lighter and more open now. "Welcome to Helovia, stranger. You have come at a dark time- as you can see there is no sun. Our Gods have left us, but they left to save us. Our Moon Goddess has returned with the stars and the moon, but the other three remain missing. My name is Irrydae, Storyteller of the Windtossed Foothills. If you are seeking refuge, I can offer my home." Irrydae lets her wings fall at her sides, posture relaxed and open, yet her ears are pricked and aware to the slightest sounds.

"blah blah blah."

[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Unregistered

Sunday
remembering sunday, he fell to his knees

Hah, Sunday thought. She knew it. There was somebody there. Sunday turned to face the speaker, and was momentarily rendered speechless. Her face flicked between expressions of awe, and shock. The mare standing before her was beautiful, to put it lightly. To top it off, it had wings. Woah. It was her coat that captured Sunday the most. The night sky was smothered over her back, shoulders, legs, and wings. Sunday never saw such a creature before, though she knew winged horses existed. There were a few in her old herd. However, in all her travels, Sunday had never met a Pegasus that carried herself with such elegance, and grace.
The mare spoke of times like these, and immediately, Sunday recalled the absence of the sun. Indeed, these were dark and dangerous times. The mare, who was named Irrydae, told her about the Gods that watched over Helovia. Sunday took it that there were many equines, Pegasus, and even unicorns that resided in Helovia. A question that kept coming up as Irrydae talked was a question of magic. Her mother had told her stories about a land that possessed magic of all different kinds, and could do all sorts of things with it.
"There is magic then?"Sunday asked, inquisitively.
Sunday herself was surprised at her sudden question, and smiled at bit at herself.
“Oh dear, I am forgetting my manners,” She said.
“My name is Sunday, and I would love to be part of the Windtossed Foothills.”
Sunday could already feel herself warming up to Irrydae.

[ooc: short post is short and crappy]

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

lights will guide you home
and ignite your bones
</style>

It almost seemed as if the mare was... smug at first. But then, it was replaced quickly by awe and shock. Confusion crossed Irrydae's face- was it something she said? Irrydae watched the mare's eyes graze over her figure, and then she realized it was what she looked like. Embarrassment and a twinge of awkwardness replaced her own look of confusion- she was not used to be gawked at. Irry couldn't help but think how Phaedera goes through this every time, and is so cocky about it, she just eats stuff like this up- it's what keeps her going. The star mare has to stifle a laugh at the thought of the gorgeous palomino and how she would have reacted to the speechless mare. A smile filled the lips of Irry as she watched her, golden eyes soft. She glances at the forked white marking on her stomach before bringing her eyes back up.

'There is magic, then?' A pang runs through my heart, remembering the hollow feeling of my missing magic. I still had not gotten back my Northern Lights, and the other one was faulty. I shift my weight uneasily before answering. "Indeed, but the magic disappeared with the Gods. Some have had their abilities returned when the Moon Goddess returned, but it is still extremely faulty and irregular." I miss it... Irry pulls herself out of the thought, it's stupid her to miss her magic so much. She survived without it before. Lost in her thoughts about her own magic, Irry nearly misses her next words. 'Oh dear, I am forgetting my manners, my name is Sunday, and I would love to be part of the Windtossed Foothills.' I smile at her, nodding slightly, before a slight frown appears on my face as I think of this sweet girl with mercenaries. "I must warn you, Sunday. The Foothills are home to a mercenary band called the Grey. It is almost required you must be able to fight, but I suppose we could probably find you an intelligence rank if you don't want to fight. I didn't want you to jump to your decision without knowing everything first." I tell her as a warning, golden eyes unwavering as I watch her.

"blah blah blah."
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Unregistered

Sunday chuckled nervously, when she realized that the mare that stood before her was not used to being stared at. Oops. She couldn’t help it though. Irrydae’s smile is replaced by a look of something like nostalgia, almost. Sunday didn’t understand why, at first, but as Irrydae went on, it clicked. She missed her own magic. Sunday began to process all of what was given to her, that there were, infact, gods and magic. Sunday heard of these kinds of things in her travels, but she always dismissed them as tall tales. As Sunday listened to Irrydae’s next words, she couldn’t help but smile a little. Ah. Another mercenary band. Sunday had her fair share of these groups, as she encountered many in her travels and in her past. Her own brother was in one of these. They were familiar to her. Sunday didn’t like to fight, but that didn’t mean that she was weak. She nodded in agreement to Irrydae’s statement. “An Intelligence rank, or one of those cover-up ranks will do just fine,” She said.

“I do know how to fight, but I just prefer not to. Does that make sense?” Sunday replied.
“I’ve dealt with bands like this before, they’re not too pleasant. Only a few have manners,”Sunday explained, frowning a little.
The mare didn’t wish to explain how, or in which part of her life, did she dead with these hooligans. It would just bring up the dark memories again. She had tried so hard to forget them, and push the nightmares away. They haunted her for two and a half years. She often rolled around in her sleep, her hooves flailing as she tried to run, only to stay in place. It didn’t help that she still remembered her dreams vividly when she woke up. Thankfully, the night terrors disappeared half a year ago, and her sleep was peaceful, as well as her day. She had gotten so used to those nightmares that, when she first slept, and they didn’t come to her, it felt strange. Sort of like the calm before the storm. Now, Sunday wanted to shove all that crap behind her and start again.

Colourize-Stock|BailanduSilueta