the Rift

[OPEN] Blooming petals of fire (Flow, Cera, Open)

Escaflowne Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Escaflowne
I'm always searching for something more.

(Finally figured things out~!)

I took each step with the caution of a deer fawn, large, sweeping, and undeniably curious. Dusty gold eyes gave the strange land a piercing look, unsure of whether or not I should trust it. Home had trees, trees everywhere with grassy knolls and rolling hills, caves to hide us. This place was deserted, barren and full of dirty orange rocks, rocks the color of sun-warmed clay. We had that back home but I don't think this counted as clay, it was harder and hotter.

What really drew my attention was the billowing flame that suddenly rose before me, I hadn't been paying attention and now my eyes were glued to the flickering vapors. It was like somebody had taken an ember and enhanced it in the womb of natures hearth. Oranges and dark golds licked at my side as we neared, the stallion Midas stopped close to the fire and looked back at me with a strange appreciation. Dragon's Throat, this is why I understood now. Fascination and fear lit up my orbs and tall ears buried themselves into the crease of my poll, what to make of this beautiful thing? I knew Mother would not be here and that hurt me really, I knew she would fly away from a fire before venturing into its heart. She was not here and now I was, small, stunted wing stalks trembled away from my body. Delight and trepidation stepping up my chest and lodging in my throat, what was I supposed to say? So I said nothing, choosing to channel my feelings as best I could into a single gaze that I cast upon Midas. Wonderment, fright, uncertainty, and a sense of belonging that I could not understand. It was strange and I wasn't sure I liked it, but I followed the spark until it led me to the fire in my stomach.

I suppose this place could be my home, I could make it that. I knew though that if Mother ever came I would leave, I wouldn't bother looking back. I wonder if that would hurt Midas.
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blooming petals of fire (Flow, Cera, Open) - by Escaflowne - 07-31-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: Blooming petals of fire (Flow, Cera, Open) - by Escaflowne - 08-20-2013, 06:50 PM