the Rift

[OPEN] Blooming petals of fire (Flow, Cera, Open)

Escaflowne Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Escaflowne
I'm always searching for something more.

It must have been something divine that chose to send Cera to us at that moment, successfully frightening me as far away from him as possible. Dust erupted from the earth in a silken cloud of gold highlighted with red sediment, my hooves skittered upon the ground as I stationed myself out of view. Trepidation slid its fingers up around my backside and down my back, plucking the hairs along my spine as it traveled up, up, and tickled my ears which swiveled round. I could see through the dissipating cloud a creature like us, a pegasus with... No! Curiosity grounded me and I was moving before I truly realized it. Two skins clashed across this boy's body, a color close to the clay on a rivers bank and yet lighter, creamy. It was a vastly different from the black attached to Midas and yet somehow the same.

His name was Cera and he looked at me on equal ground, vibrant yet shadowed green clashed against my own vivid gold. I could feel the pulse of something familiar behind my eyes, cheeks twitching as I tried not to smile. He was my age and suddenly I didn't feel so alone, but it was different sort of feeling than what I usually had. I didn't know this boy and he was so strange, his coat, his demeanor, his speech... It was all so akin to Midas and utterly bizarre. I couldn't place where the discrepancy lied and so I took instead a more tentative steps toward him. "Flow, my name is Flow... P-pleased to meet you.. Cera" A voice trembled across the back of my brain, much like a warning bell but it wasn't strong enough for me to take heed.

Somehow I pictured Milly trying to ward me off from wherever she was, striking out to push the boy away from me. She had always been the more attractive of us and preferred the attention over me. So having his full attention on me was if anything uncertain and like the child I was I ducked my head shyly, brushing it down and close to the older stallions thigh. It took me a moment to realize what I'd done but I didn't move should I reveal the embarrassment upon my face. I don't think Midas would mind really, although it didn't last long before a resounding shriek caused my to start up and backward from both horses. The flaming missile came fast and hard yet at the last minute it swooped out of it's dive and landed with the epitome of elegance upon Midas' shoulder blade. My jaw clenched and fell repeatedly, a chewing motion to signal subservience that I turned to unconsciously. "W-what!" I gasp as Midas speaks, explaining the creature that was not a missile at all but in fact- a bird. Impossible. Birds did not burn and live, fire brought death and destruction wherever it went and this bird was engulfed in it. The word 'pheonix' was beyond my mind to grasp and I trembled anew next to Midas, despite his assurances.
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blooming petals of fire (Flow, Cera, Open) - by Escaflowne - 07-31-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: Blooming petals of fire (Flow, Cera, Open) - by Escaflowne - 08-20-2013, 06:50 PM