the Rift

Into The Cold Unknown

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
The air was chill and crisp, day was shifting into dusk. A lone stallion moved at a walk. It was evident in the way he hung his head and the stiffness in his motion that he was reaching exhaustion. His deep green forelock fell in front of his left eye, but his eye was still visible underneath the hair. Solace halted and took in the details of his surroundings. The forest wouldn’t be his choice of location, but what could he do? He swiveled his ears in various directions keeping an ear out for any sound, and he took in several deep breaths to see if the scent of other creatures would fill his nostrils. For the moment it seemed the wind didn’t carry any stranger’s scent, which for the time being was more than fine. He swished his tail to the left and then resumed walking, standing still in the cool air seemed like a fatal mistake.
The desire for shelter was growing inside of him. Solace had very little desire to be out and about at night, the last thing he needed was to be greeted by a predator, or any other stranger in the dark. He gave out a small sigh and saw his breath in the near-dusk light. A shiver ran through his spine, and Solace took that as his cue to hurry up and seek out some kind of shelter. He stopped and looked about his immediate vicinity and saw nothing promising.
Solace decided to move at a slow trot rather than a walk; he thought it would perhaps warm him up. He saw that nothing was catching his eye. A bit of nervousness sparked inside of him. He was in unfamiliar territory on a cold evening, yes that was definitely not a good situation to be in. He stopped when he felt himself running out of breath. His eyes drifted up toward the sky, he still had time before it would be night. He wouldn’t be in too much trouble if he just took a moment to catch his breath and then continue in search. If worst came to worst, he could always just find a particularly shady tree and sleep underneath it, if he didn’t freeze before then that of course.

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I was travelling into the threshold again. It was all becoming a blur. I didn't even really need to pay attention to where my glass hooves were falling. No. The path had become one that I was beginning to know like the back of my hand. Of course, the path was also not one where I knew all who lurked upon it. So while I wasn't necessarily paying attention to the foliage that was around me I was taking in all of the scents that flooded my nostrils. It was something that I would never take for granted. My scent was my lifeline. It was quite simple. Nothing would change that.

Oh. Don't be so cocky. Acid would take away your sense of s- Unheil started only to have me grind my teeth to force him to stop. I didn't want to listen to his sarcasm at the moment. I really didn't. It was just highly overwhelming and annoying. No other words for something of such a matter.

He seems lost, mein kleine. Innerste said, my eyes landing upon a stag who was moving at a slow trot, as if he were looking for a place to rest for the night. I followed him in the shadows for a few moments until he started to run out of breath - obviously not having found his 'shelter' yet. "You've come at a time of an Endless Night. The moon has just granted us with it's return, I wouldn't count on the sun to rise anytime soon, though." I announced, sliding from the shadows. "Perhaps I can offer you aid in finding somewhere to rest or get warm? You seem strong enough to survive on your own." I said, Schwere tsking in my cranium. But why? Oh. That's right. My name. "How rude, I forgot my name. I am Seele, what might you have been dawned, recke." I question, tilting my head to the side just a little. Time to judge and see if he is crazy enough to join my little brigade.

350 words
@[Solace]
And I'm recruiting for The Asylum if you'd wish to read more about them ;3
also, if you have any questions about Helovia or The Asylum don't be afraid to ask - I don't bite! <3
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
ERIS
Just give me a reason,
Just a little bit's enough,
Just a second we're not broken, just bent.
The difference between right and wrong was a blurred line. Over time it had been twisted, changed, better and now who really understood if they were in the wrong? What if you mind had been burned at a young age, that from the very start you were taught that there was no such thing as being right or wrong. Did that make your choices wrong? Or were they simply misguided? Or even more than that, would they ever be accepted as right just because you simply didn't know any better?
But really when it all came down to it, did anybody really know what was wrong or right? Or all we all simple walking around in a haze, clueless to what the standards of society actually are?

Quiet, nimble hooves gently settled upon the ground, she moved at a slow gait. Emotions were absent today, which made her so much more dangerous and unstable. The huntress, was most definitely on the hunt. However at this moment she was not out for the kill, in fact she had already felt that pleasure this morning. No, under this moonlight she was on the hunt for members. Members to join her and Seele's little family, well it wasn't so little anymore. The numbers had grown, the group seemed to be expanding daily. They still weren't quite large enough for a full scale invasion however, to take over the land they had their eyes on, they would need many more skilled fighters.

A dark cloud surround the golden dame to day. She wasn't a soul with emotions today, today she was a warrior on a mission, a girl that had learnt how to get exactly what she wanted out of life. Being constantly judged by those who live around her, had not made life easy. Her childhood had been even harder to live through. None of that mattered on these days though. Because she simple just did not feel the emotions to feel.

So as she moved through the threshold, her hooves as red as her hair, she had a desire to find her partner Seele first. This black and white mare had a habit of finding the lost and crazy souls that wondered through the threshold. Her sister also was much more clever with her words. At times Eris had to bring herself to admire the amount of work that the other killing leader had done for the group. She had done a lot more that Eris, so now, Eris had to prove herself. That is what she was going to do as well. Picking up the slack she pressed on harder, searching for Seele or a lost crazy soul that would need a home.

Hearing voices ahead the female wondered forwards, keeping to the shadows. A voice she knew quite well spoke, Eris had done it. She had found her sister. Walking up behind Seele, the golden mare stopped beside her blood sister. She did not speak at first, instead she took her time to study the stag. He did not seem to be crazy like them, there forth he would have a spot in their home unless he proved to be messed up or if her wanted to heal for them. "As Seele said, we know places where you would be quite safe and warm." She managed to hiss it sweetly, blue orbs still resting on the stallion. "My name is Eris." She offered him a charming smile which didn't quite reach her eyes. Standing right beside the black mare, the two leaders of the Asylum no doubt seemed a little imposing.
The chilling blue still rested on the stallion.

Adoptable
Solace scented the new arrival before he heard her. His head turned slowly toward the direction from where the voice came from. He looked this stranger up and down for a long moment, and for the moment he deemed the mare not particularly threatening, but he wouldn’t allow himself to jump to conclusions or get comfortable, especially since he was in a foreign territory.

He listened to her words and wasn’t particularly sure how to react. Perhaps introducing himself would be a good start, but would it be wise to throw out his name so freely? Oh it’s just a name he thought to himself. “You can call me Solace.” He said after a long moment of silence. He noticed the mare’s glass hooves and horn, they were a bit intriguing to him, but he made no notion of this, he would keep his face a stony mask for the time being, he knew little about this new arrival and there was no telling what she was truly like.

When the other mare arrived Solace studied her just as she did to him. He got a rather unpleasant vibe from this mare, but he couldn’t quite place it. These two obviously knew each other, and it made him feel uneasy to be in the presence of two strangers, the odds wouldn’t be in his favor if a fight were to break out.

“Something tells me that there is a catch to this safe and warm place. I wouldn’t expect strangers to so freely invite someone with them without some kind of motive,” Solace said glancing between the two of them. He was noting there physical behavior in case he caught any kind of threatening gesture. He glanced between the two mares expecting some kind of explanation from one of them. He flicked his green forelock from his eyes so he could see both of the mares better. His ears swiveled around to take in any sound, in case anyone else decided to emerge from the shadows. It was most likely rather evident in his physical appearance how uneasy he felt about the presence of these two mares. He was a bit tense, but then again perhaps these creatures weren’t as skilled at reading body language as Solace was.

“Will you mind telling me of your true motives?” He said after a long pause “Or are you two the type that like to play games before cutting to the chase? I don’t have time for games if you two are the kinds that like to play that way.” His tone was calm and didn’t give away his urgency for finding shelter.

Abba
It wasn't long before I could feel the air shifting just a little. Your... sister... has arrived. Schwere announced before the mare had even shuffled her feet to appear from the shadows behind us. Quietly, I shifted my weight to the right to allow the mare room to stand beside me. No other form of recognition flickered through my form. So charming, a smile. But her words were not charming, and I could tell that her orbs were missing the connection. One could at least learn how to fake the emotions if they were going to present them.

He stood there for a few moments after the two feminine voices were sent to linger into the air as if he were sizing me up. While I stood tall, I allowed my frame to present a slightly weaker demeanor. My eyes would go toward him, but not fully lock upon his gaze. Solace. Finally, his name was lingering in the air and I couldn't help but to smile just a little. He instantly asked for the catch in her offer. He can judge far better than I expected. Schwere said approvingly as Innerste began to complain in her cranium, The point of this is to help others, Seele. Not use them for your games!

It was evident to me that he was feeling uneasy, and I was almost certain that Eris was the cause of this discomfort. It was only minute twitches in his frame, something others might overlook. But, I've grown to have to notice such details. Shrinking a little bit backwards I dropped my head before allowing my voice to radiate outward again. "The catch? Why, everyone must be capable of holding their own in this home. But, really, I would just prefer to have a strong able stag helping me back toward the home I speak of - incase Eris decides to stir up some more trouble." I offer, before allowing my yellow eyes to finally meet his gaze. Cut to the chase? I was already blunt! Fine. I'll be blunter. "This home, also only takes those who are a little mentally unstable. Of course, if you'd not and prefer to heal then you don't have to be unstable. It is meant to be a refuge for those who are outcasted and pushed aside without a care. We offer a way to rehabilitate and to learn self-defense. Though, I don't doubt someone as strong as you would be capable of that. Really, we just wish to extend our hand in aid to those we can - or allow others to offer their aid if they so desire." I explain, Schwere tsking in my cranium ever so slightly at the fact that I had explained all of that. But, really, I hadn't explained everything. I hadn't offered a name of our group or much information past our purpose. It was time for Eris to begin to figure out if she thought he was hiding a mental disorder.

I was simply attempting to keep the peace...

516 words
@[Eris]
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
There was no doubt in his mind that things were changing. The flow of time was inevitable, and one could do little to stop it... Much was the same with change. You could hate it, embrace it, do everything you can to ignore it, but change does happen. That was a lesson that Apollo had learned early on in his life, and one that he had learned yet again just recently, with the departure of Ophelia from the Grey.

It's still so hard to think that she's gone... The stallion thought to himself, his breath exhaling out in harsh wisps of mist that curled and danced towards the dark heavens. Still, even with the absence of Ophelia, the Grey needed to continue on. They needed to re-form, strengthen their numbers and their walls, tighten their family bonds. It was those very thoughts that had driven the Earth Medic from the safe confines of the Foothills with only the sparse moonlight to guide his path. The chill of winter was high in the air, snow crunching beneath his ebonite hooves, but Apollo paid it no heed.

No... The important thing was that he needed to search for those who were strong and capable, and hopefully on such a cold night of the entrance to Helovia, he could find someone in search of a home. Each step was light, muffled only by the disturbance of the snow, and honey-brown eyes surveyed the darkness and the trees that filled the Threshold's forests. Lighting was minimal, but for once, Apollo wasn't put-off by the darkness. There were more important things to worry about than his innate fears.

Pausing mid-step, the painted medic's ears snapped to attention, his head lifting and crystalline crown pointed towards the sky as voices drifted through the trees. He huffed once, a brief exhale, before sucking in more of the frozen air, and then promptly headed towards the voices. He remained in the darkness for awhile longer, simply watching, soaking up the scene, trying to learn. The scene that he arrived on was a common sight in the Threshold; a gaggle of horses, despite their variances of breeds. Apollo's dark eyes lingered upon each and every one of them, memorizing their looks and comitting them to memory.

There was one who didn't smell of Helovia, and immediately Apollo's eyes rested on him first. He was a large, impressionable stallion, with a strange two-toned coat. The newcomer looked steadfast, strong... A perfect candidate for the Grey.

A rusty bay was speaking of a home to the male, a group, that welcomed those with mental instabilities, a 'refuge for outcasts'... Apollo gave a quiet snort as he listened. Another group was forming, although this one didn't seem to terrible, not like that pathetic lot of Assassins. Still, it never paid to let one's guard down. There was another, less talkative mare, but Apollo paid her little attention. Instead, he cleared his throat and moved further out of the trees, allowing himself to be seen.

"My apologies for interrupting," he said kindly with a jovial enough smile, glancing to the two ladies before resting his honey-brown eyes upon the stallion, "But I couldn't help but overhear your conversations. Frostfall does so carry sound like no other season..." Here, the Medic dipped his head downwards in a form sort of bow, the crystalline crown upon his brow glinting in the moonlight. "My name is Apollo; Earth Medic of the Windtossed Foothills. A pleasure to meet you all."

Lifting his head once more, Apollo smiled warmly towards the stallion. "Welcome to Helovia, friend. Perhaps you have already made up your mind, but I offer you another solution, if you, indeed, are searching for a home. I come to you offering my land, the land of the Foothills, the home of the Grey." There was a noticeable shift in Apollo's voice, a sense of pride overtaking his words as he spoke. And why shouldn't he be proud? He was a part of the Grey.

"We are a band, not terribly unlike the type that this one lives in," Here, he paused for only a second, dipping his crown towards Seele, "But we are a close-knit family group. We are a band of mercenaries, who swear allegiance only to one another. We live for one another, bleed for one another. We are brothers and sisters in arms, you could say... But the life of the mercenary is counter-balanced by the life of those who do not wish to fight. Like myself." Apollo grinned again, this time giving Solace his full attention. "I prefer to heal than fight... And so that is what I do, as medic."

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Adoptable
Solace listened to the mare’s words, at the mention of the red-haired mare, his eyes turned toward her for a split second but then moved back to Seele. He wasn’t entirely sure what to think when the mare explained what her ‘home’ was compiled of. So, this mare was making a saf ehaven for the crazies of the world. Perhaps it an admirable pursuit, but as far as Solace knew he wasn’t quite under the spectrum of ‘unstable’ or insane. In fact, he believed himself to be quite stable and steady. He made no notion to answer for the time being, he had to think about it. I am not getting particularly good vibes from these two… And it’s not exactly like I fall under what they permit to join… Healing also is far beyond my capability. He gave out a very long sigh as he continued to sort through things in his mind. What would these mares do if he rejected their offer? He was almost positive that they had to be to some degree ‘unstable’. He glanced between them once more, his facial expression not giving away his new uneasiness. It seemed as though his earlier nervousness had been a wise feeling.

I truly appreciate the offer, but I do not believe myself the type for your group. As far as I can tell I’m quite stable, and I am not one who is a healing type.” He said finally breaking his long silence. He mentally prepared himself in the case that the mares decided to pose any kind of threatening behavior. His eyes rested mainly on Eris, between the two of them she had shown to be more aggressive than Seele. But he had no idea what lay underneath the other mare’s seemingly charming outside. He was not going to underestimate either of them, even if it seemed as though strength was in his benefit.

His ears perked forward and he turned his head in the direction of the newcomer. Solace watched the other stallion in silence and observed his head dip. Should he return it? For the moment it didn’t matter. At the mention of another solution Solace cocked his head a bit to the side and listened with great curiosity. The pride in his tone was evident to Solace, it made him all the more curious of this band that the other stallion spoke of. This group definitely held far more appeal to him than the one Seele had spoken of, it sounded more accustomed to his taste.

He went through it in his mind. Would he mind living a warrior lifestyle? As a colt he had been much more accustomed to the fighting lifestyle, the scar on his flank gave that away. Perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad to live such a life again, it did have its thrills. He glanced over at Seele and Eris, and then back over at Apollo.

I am Solace,” he said dipping his head in return to Apollo. Introducing himself would be a good place to start he assumed. Part of him wanted to pace about to help himself think, but he restrained while in the presence of these strangers. Part of him wondered what would happen if he gave up his solitary traveling lifestyle, but he also knew that he wasn’t getting any younger and the time to settle down was coming upon him very soon. Why not settle down in this land that they called Helovia? It seemed like a good enough place to him.

I will admit that your offer has appealed to me. My fighting abilities aren’t quite… elite though,” Solace said, “But I am more than willing to learn if that is what it’ll take to survive in this group.” He understood if his lack of ability would be a hinderance to the group, and he was willing to take the rejection from this stranger. Solace could always figure out some way of living in this new land on his own, if the need were to arise.

Abba
I shifted my weight ever so subtly. My petite frame's muscles shifting in perfect unison in order to support where my center of gravity had now shifted to. I did not stand in a threatening stance, but of course, some did find those with horns to be rather threatening - especially if they had never seen one of us before. He seemed to be mulling through the options in his head, figuring out the exact wording of which to respond with.

He didn't seem crazy, not to me, really, so I supposed it was a good thing I had not granted him with too much information other than the purpose of our band. That was, unless he wished to be a healer, then there would be a much different conversation on our trek back up toward our home in the Spectral Marsh. His words were chosen, as if sculpted away in order to ensure that it was fitted to sound perfectly mannered.

Just as I went to allow myself to respond another stag appeared from the shadows, horned as well as adorned with the dark coat I was blessed with. Though, his was broken up by huge patches of white unlike the white clownface which I had painted on. The stag, Solace, seemed to be watching us, as if he was waiting for us to snap and yell at him for not realizing that he really was crazy. But, in all honesty, I was far from doing that. If he did not believe himself to be crazy, nor did he believe himself to wish to heal then he served no real purpose to me. The new unicorn introduced himself, apologizing for intruding upon the conversation. I gave him a light smile and a bob of my head - better to play nice while we decide what our true mark is going to be. We do not need a bunch of herds attempting to break us up before we gather a chance at gaining the home we so wished to have. "It is fine. It would not be a normal trip to the Türschwelle if more than one person did not attempt to snatch the new recruit. And the pleasure can be returned, especially when I stumble upon another who has a home who was granted with manners." I spoke, German heritage spilling over in my word choice and consonants. Apollo then explained completely about what his home had to offer. The only differences, in my head, was that no one was obscenely crazy and they actually had a stable environment to thrive in. One of this difference we would fix in the future - hopefully the near future.

Solace seemed to accept this offer with the Foothills, so I swished my tail with a curt nod of my head. "Solace, you were looking at us as though we were going to jump you for saying no?" I inquired, tilting my head ever so slightly to the side. "Just because we are crazy does not mean we expect everyone to be. If you are not, and don't wish to heal it is fine. I wish you the best in your travels - you too Apollo - but I would like to give one last word before we depart." I explained, pausing ever so slightly to gather my breath, "Keep in mind that your mind, nor your heart, truly make the decisions of your life. What makes the decisions is your soul - deep inside. Not only is it your sustaining life force, but depending on how you take care of it, it can also decide what path to take in life. Your heart and your mind are controlled by your soul. I hope, kleines, that you take that into account with every action you make - it can only better your life." I offered, the dead souls from those who had not survived the winter still tugging at my heart strings. And, really, with no true soul to connect to from the bunch I only attempted to relay the message which I could understand from the tugs and pulls on my brain as they cried out to be heard.

So, with those last words I gave Eris a light bump on the shoulder to motion to her to join me in leaving the two alone before disappearing into the shadows. The souls, they would never stop calling...

745 words
Seele and Eris shall be making their exit as Seele leaves them with slightly confusing words. Sorry, the psychic mare likes to be cryptic - she means well though. Basically "follow your heart" and Türschwelle means "Threshold" and "kleines" loosely means "poor babies"
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Apollo remained silent to allow the stallion time to think. He could rememer his own adventure through the Threshold rather vividly, but then again, there hadn't been a number of individuals attempting to coerce him into joining their ranks. No, it had only been that ridiculous outcast, and then Phaedra, who had brought him home to the Grey. He would forever be grateful to her for that.

"My name is Solace."

The stallion introduced himself and Apollo's smile grew wider. Solace returned the elegant dip of his head, then went on to explain his situation, and his self-consciousness about his fighting ability. That made the Medic chuckle softly, but not in a mocking kind of way. No, it was more one of brotherly understanding.

"Do not worry, Solace," he said at last, his words meaning to put the stallion's mind at ease, "There are many inside of the Grey who are experienced veterans in warfare and battle. They would be more than willing to teach you things regarding fighting techniques, if you should so desire." Eloquent and simple. Apollo resisted the urge to snort; he was becoming more and more the diplomat with every day that passed.

Honey-brown eyes then lingered towards the two mares, his words pausing in his throat as Seele took her leave, but not after speaking her own piece. Her words caused the stallion to tilt his head in confusion, but mull them over for a few moments in her head. The words were both strange yet wise... And since coming to Helovia, Apollo had learned that words could be far more dangerous than any weapon.

Still, as the two mares disappeared into the darkness, the Earth Medic turned his sights back on Solace. The warm look remained in the overo's honey-brown gaze, and his smile softened. "The Grey is always looking for new members. Come, brother," here, he paused and turned to head back the way that he had come, "I can lead you to the Foothills, to your new home."

[ooc: Sorry for the wait, dear! I shall have a request to have his rank changed to Foothills Stallion. <3]

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Adoptable
Solace heard Apollo’s chuckle, but nothing about it seemed as though he was laughing at him. Even if he was, Solace wasn’t the type to take many things personally. He felt a slight comfort at the idea of being taught by more experienced fighters.

He turned his head in Seele’s direction when he heard her speak. He listened to each of her words. The first statements were correct about his suspicions of the mare, and as she finished a bit of guilt hit him for assuming that because they were unstable or insane, that they would attack him. I feel like I need to reevaluate my views on the mentally ill, he thought to himself. Seele’s last words were a bit unclear to him, but they were undoubtedly wise words. For a very long moment he found himself a bit lost in thought trying to decipher their exact meanings, but he supposed for the time being he would forget about them. He had far more other things to worry about at the moment, like adjusting to this new herd life. How long had it been since he had lived amongst others? Internally, he decided it had been long enough that such an idea seemed a bit odd, perhaps a bit frightening. The previous herd he had been a part of had been the one he was born into, never had he attempted to join into a herd during his adult life.

Solace turned his gaze back toward Apollo. New home… Perhaps this new land truly wouldn’t be so bad. Having a place called home definitely had its appeal. “I’ll be following right behind,” he said turning in the same direction as Apollo. The tiniest spark of excitement ignited in his stomach, not that he would allow it to be visible on his face of course. Home… It feels good to say that. He thought to himself, a ghost of a smile appearing at the edges of his lips.
(OOC//The wait is no problem =).)