the Rift

[PRIVATE] dig a shallow grave [apollo]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
Apollo's head tilted slightly in curiosity, watching his leader closely. It was something that he had learned as a youngster; keep your eyes open and your mouth closed. A feat that had served him well over his years in life, certainly. Still, hearing Ktulu say his name, her softly accents dancing around his ears, he couldn't help but smile. It wasn't a full-blown grin, no... Just a simple upturn of his lips that his presence hadn't been unwelcome. Or, at least, he hoped that it wasn't.

For a moment or two he stood in silence, and it was then that the uncertainty began to fill his breast once more. Did he bother Ktulu on a late-night patrol, perhaps? Was she battling demons of her own? Apollo dared a step closer, one dark hoof crunching in the snow upon the ground, when Ktulu's question reached his ears. Answering a question with a counter-question, hm? His concern merely grew, but Apollo knew better than to call the Chieftess out on it. Respect for his superiors had been ingrained in his skull early on, as well.

Still, before he could answer her question, an order was spoken. "Walk with me." It wasn't demanding, or abrupt, simply... There. A plea, maybe? He wasn't one to know. Still, ever dutiful, the black and white stallion moved forward, his pace set at a slow jog until he walked side by side with Ktulu. Honey-brown eyes lingered on her for a few moments, attempting, but failing, to gauge her emotions before he cleared his throat and spoke. "Nightmares and haunted shadows have led me to wander," he admitted, finding no reason to withold the truth from his dark lady, "Sometimes it's hard for me to find peace of mind, especially in such bleak times. With the departure of miss Ophelia and Osiris, I fear that, well... I fear that things have become unstable."

Apollo paused, bit his lip, and risked a glance to Ktulu once more. He couldn't help but worry if she would think his words too bold. They had never been close, he and the Constrictor, and they had never truly spoken or indulged each other in talk... But, perhaps, things were changing.

"The Grey is my family, and I worry for its well-being. Of course I don't doubt your leadership abilities, lady Ktulu, I am just... Concerned. I would give my life, if you asked it, and so I only feel it's right if I share these very concerns with you."

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
dig a shallow grave [apollo] - by Ktulu - 07-29-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: dig a shallow grave [apollo] - by Apollo - 07-29-2013, 09:24 PM
RE: dig a shallow grave [apollo] - by Ktulu - 07-30-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: dig a shallow grave [apollo] - by Apollo - 07-31-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: dig a shallow grave [apollo] - by Ktulu - 07-31-2013, 10:10 PM
RE: dig a shallow grave [apollo] - by Apollo - 08-01-2013, 09:08 PM
RE: dig a shallow grave [apollo] - by Ktulu - 08-05-2013, 10:32 PM