the Rift

[PRIVATE] dig a shallow grave [apollo]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
When Ktulu stopped in her strides, Apollo did the same, allowing his body to turn slightly so that he could more readily face his dark lady. The stallion's head tilted as he listened to her inquiry, and a soft breath of relief left him. So, she didn't think him out of line for voicing his concerns. Then again, surely Ktulu had been thinking the same things as he. If anyone could feel the unbalance that had been cast upon the Grey, surely it was she.

"What would you propose to stabilize the balance, Apollo?" The question was spoken, but it was not in a mocking tone. No, Ktulu truly wanted to know what he thought.

For a moment he stood, his brown eyes staring deeply into his dark lady's own, and then he had to look away. His mind roamed, wondering just what they could do to regain their previous balance. A new leader, perhaps? But who? Ophelia had been with the Grey since the beginning. She and Ktulu had made the Grey what they were today. How could one compete with that? And yet there was the true question. Ktulu oversaw the physical side of the Grey; the executioners and the warriors. She accepted the contracts, made the plans... But who would lead the intelligence branch of things?

Sucking in a deep breath, Apollo allowed his eyes to return back to Ktulu's, and he dipped his head slightly. "I do not want to say that we should replace your sister, lady Ktulu," the Medic started softly, "For she isn't one we can simply replace. What we should do, however, is continue what you and her have started. The Grey has grown too comfortable here, I think... We should grow more to our numbers, strengthen our herd, train our members. Return to the way that we were, do you understand? Before we took the Foothills as our home." Once more, Apollo stopped, hoping he wouldn't be saying anything that the Constrictor found offensive. Allowing a furtive silence to pass, he went on.

"We should send our spies out to survey the land. We have a herd now; just as it was ripped from the grasp of those who previously called these plains their home, someone could attempt to do the very same to us. If we send our spies to simply keep an eye on things, perhaps we could spot trouble before it brews into something dangerous."

He paused, wondering where these words were coming from. Still, clearing his throat, he went on, his accented tones softer. "There is no one to lead the intelligence branch of things, unless you wish to do so yourself. But... Perhaps we could start there? If you believe that you know of someone who is capable of handling it, maybe you could appoint them to lead beside you?" The question was genuine, and even as he asked such a thing, the stallion wondered if there even was anyone in the Grey that coud lead. Archibald was a good candidate, but he fitted the spot of General to the letter. A warrior he was, strong and firm and reliable.

"Forgive me if what I say is bold, lady Ktulu. I know I'm just a medic, but... My concern for our family is true."

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
dig a shallow grave [apollo] - by Ktulu - 07-29-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: dig a shallow grave [apollo] - by Apollo - 07-29-2013, 09:24 PM
RE: dig a shallow grave [apollo] - by Ktulu - 07-30-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: dig a shallow grave [apollo] - by Apollo - 07-31-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: dig a shallow grave [apollo] - by Ktulu - 07-31-2013, 10:10 PM
RE: dig a shallow grave [apollo] - by Apollo - 08-01-2013, 09:08 PM
RE: dig a shallow grave [apollo] - by Ktulu - 08-05-2013, 10:32 PM