the Rift

[PRIVATE] Hush

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Who am I now? All of those words together in one sentence alone make my stomach churn in styles it wouldn't even like to think of, but it's true. I don't want Mom anymore, the word alone threatens me with a roar inside my chest. Amara was all I had, and what was Tonka going to say to me when I told him the truth? My truth to him was for sure going to hurt him more than I ever wished to ever do.
How was I going to tell him that I was leaving at my first chance, and that I want to spend time soul-searching to myself? My time with everyone, just not with Adrixaura (Oh God, I don't even have the love for her now to call her 'Mom'.) and Tonka (Again, I lack the will to call him my Uncle now, for he never truly was), but with those who shaped me. Sol never played a beginning in my part of life, and Dad, the only family I think I have now, is gone. He seemed to have fallen exactly off the face of the earth, and when I went looking for him in the times I needed him most, he didn't exist. His scent couldn't linger over the glades of grass I forced down my throat while ignoring the pleads for milk.
The question still is, Who am I now?
The sands here can bring back the most beautiful and happiest memories in my life. Wasn't this the place that Amara and I first met? That was a time before the Sun went away, that night being the beginning of this whole mess. We laid together in that cave, watching the rythmic pattern of the waves pulling in while telling each other stories. She spoke of her family, of the Pirates and those before her. That story stayed in my head forever, and when I think of my great-grandparents and their story, I am only reminded of love, something that is lacking in my life at the moment.
Nighttime is no longer bothering me more, and each day/night I'm beside the sea studying what herbs I can find, trying to figure out their purpose and what not. Weaving wraps from seaweed now doesn't seem to hard now, using the glow from my horn to light my way. The horn that I worried about all the time as a newborn wasn't as bad as I thought it would be now. It was truly useful now. It was a beacon in the darkness, and I was able to assist others to achieve their destination with it. This wasn't what I was supposed to do, but when the Sun returned, I was going to ask a god for my magic. Wouldn't that be amazing?
A bird flutters by my head, moving with a such a quick pace that I turn my head and watch it go by in curiousity. "Are you alright? Is there something down there?" In this darkness, you were never able to see what went on where your eyes didn't see. The bird could of been a bother to me, though I had tried to become friends with a bird recently (Yes, a bird. Though we couldn't talk, I tried. Bob is dead, don't you know?), and when I seemed to receive some friendship, they stayed close for a day and left, flying northwards. For any soul that just saw a bird flying north, it wouldn't bother them. It is Birdsong, and birds will fly further north. For me, it seems as if the bird was asking me to go home, back to my family.
Yet everyone knows that I can't. Its a thing that's not possible, and I think it's about time to that they accept that dreadful idea.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

OOC: Awkward serious Sikeax is growing up. <3
@[Kilchii]

Image Credits

Kilchii Posts: N/A
Unregistered

I ran away from home today. Running away was fun, until your mommy catches you. But… Before she can notice I am gone, I will just run back. It will be perfect. Anyway, I did not just run away from just some random reason. I ran to explore. I couldn’t just spend the rest of my childhood in that icy freeze box that we called home. I was sure to die from the coldness. So that is why I ran away to this really strange place. These weird little rock things clung to my hooves and body. I believe they call it sand… I don’t know. I remember mommy telling me about it, but I don’t know if it is sand for sure. I would have to take her here and ask her. There was also water. I tried to take a drink out of it once, but it was nasty! It tasted like sweat mixed with salt. It also made me reallyyyy cold. I tried to jump over the waves when I first found this foreign land butttt, I ended up getting a face full of water. Well… at least I know that the water is not for playing in now.

My hooves sank in this sand stuff as I walked to find my unknown destination. It seemed like this place never had an end. It was just me and the water and the weird ground. Wait… It was just me. I was totally alone! I had no one! What if something happened! What if some mean horse comes and takes me away! My mommy wouldn’t even know what happened to me! I was terrified now! I did not want to die out here… all alone. A shiver of fear tingled in my back and up my spine. I closed my eyes, remembering that I was Kilchii! The son of two leaders! I could not show fear or any signs of weakness! I had to be strong!

“What is that!”

I whispered to myself. There it was again. Fear was springing back. Anyway, something was in the distance and it was glowing! I gulped. Oh gods, if you are here, please let me live! That the hell was that thing! It was all blue and glowing and creepyy! My long legs were shaking, sending my whole body swaying back and forth. Despite my total phase of pure fear, I wanted to find out what that monster might be. Sooo, I wobbled closer to it. I got my horn ready to jab the glowing monster.

Closer… Closer… Just a liitttlllleeeee closer… I was ready for it to put up a fight. I am brave! I can take thing monster! “Go away, foul best! You are not wanted here! So leave before you say hi to my horn of…” Wait a minute… This was not a beast. It was a foal! It was just a foal with a strange glowing horn! And I might just say that she was a pretty filly too. Dayymmmm! She was pretty.

A rush of embarrassment flooded through my body and I quickly looked away. Oh gods! I was such a stupid colt! She must think that I am a total freak now. I looked back at her. I could feel myself starting to blush. Oh god.

“I am sorry. Your glowing horn made you look like a monster from far away.”

speech speech speech speech speech

Unregistered

You would find it strange for me to say I like this night today, finding to see down and relax. My body was eloped in the waves now as I laid in them, bathing. Adrixaura wasn't going to bother me about it, and maybe when I grew more, studied a herd or two, maybe even joined one(Not the Basin or Foothills), I would return to check on those in my family. A very simple plan that could be worked out with ease.
There's a voice in the darkness, making giggles erupt from me. The colt who called me a monster (a first) was smaller than me, bringing a smile about my face. For once, I wasn't the smallest one around. He had a young soul like I did, reminding me of who I was before Adrixaura messed me up. Time was going to shape me back into the same filly that I was before this, making sure I got there before I was a mare.
"Well, you never know! I might be a real monster! RAWR!!!" I jumped up pretty fast, swinging my head around with my mouth open to seem more 'monster-like'. Children, oh wait, I'm still one. Opps.......
I bolted down the same as water tried to drag me back home, asking me to return home. The water seemed to be the only place I belonged, my soul drawn to it like it was meant to be. He seemed to be blushing as I got a bit closer to him, causing me to halt fast and laugh softly towards him. Like my time with that Basin colt, he was going through a common thing all foals do. No one is ever surprised.
"Oh, what's that on your face? I believe I can see a bit of blush. Don't worry, you're pretty cute. I'm Sikeax, daughter of Roy Strider, and Doctor of the Assassins. Who are you, Cutie Pie?" His nickname was followed by a giggle, Adrixaura's name left out in a plain and common tone, like it was supposed to be. Denying her existance isn't too bad, but still, she is my mother, and this colt is best off never knowing her.
My head was lowered to meet his, glow from my horn lighting both our faces. Now in mixture of my horn glow and moonlight, I could see his horn. It reminded me of Tonka slightly, but not enough for something to click first thing. There weren't much like my father and I about, but we still were unique. Tonka could easily have other foals out there, not saying I was his child, but there was the chance of him bearing children. "Would you like to play a bit? These Birdsong nights, or should I say days, are lovely here. But, any way...." I leaned in, guessing he wouldn't know what I was about to do, and went to poke him lightly with my horn. It would be nothing more than a prick, and wouldn't hurt. "-You're it!"
At that moment, I took off into the waves, bouncing into them as they tackled me. Laughter errupted from me I took time for this childish moments, hoping the colt was going to get the idea of this game. Had he ever played tag before? What kind of childhood would he have if he never played tag?

Image Credits

Unregistered

This girl did not seem to be surprised that I had showed up. It was like she was expecting me of something. Maybe she was me coming… All she did was giggle. I mean. I wasn’t trying to be funny. I was being serious, but I guess the thought of me mistaking her for a monster was funny. I let a sort of confused chuckled erupt from my maw. She would just think I as laughing, but I knew that I as confused. But maybe she could sense that this was all too confusing for me.

She spoke again, my laughter stopping. She said that she was maybe a real monster and made her face look all scary! I backed up a step, fear nipping in the pit of my stomach. I then realized she was joking around. Blush was, again, running up in my cheeks. Why did she have to do that? And why did I have to be so easy to scare. I really needed to act tougher. I puffed up my chest and raised my head up high to try to act brave.

She spoke again. She noticed I was blushing… Oh god, how could this get any more embarrassing? She said her name. Sikeax. I liked that name. It had a nice sound to it. She then said that her dad as Roy Strider (who I had noooo idea of who he was) and she said that she was a Doctor of the Assassins! OH MY GODS! She was part of my parents group! Joy was now overflowing in my body. I knew someone other than my mom, dad, and sister that were in my group.

The last part of her talking was the best. She called me a cutie pie! Hehe I know that I’m cute, but having a pretty filly call me that was the best thing I have ever heard! She giggled after she called me cute. Was that a good sign? I hope she wasn’t just calling me cute to make me feel good.

“I am Kilchii, son of Tonka and Chemical. And I am also part of the Assassins. I don’t have a rank yet though. I am too young. I will be a warrior though!” I smiled as I spoke of my future. My smile widened as she stuck her face in front of mine. The blue glow from Sikeax’s horn brightened our faces. She was even prettier in the light. I studied her features, then sniffed the air to catch the scent of Sikeax. She did not smell like the Arch. Maybe she ran away too! “You don’t smell like home, did you run away too?” My eyes widened as I spoke.

She then asked if I wanted to play. Well, of course I wanted to play! Was she silly? Her next move made me jump a bit. Her glowing blade lightly tapped me and then she said “You’re it!” I did not know what to do. I was in a bit of shock that her horn tapped me. I thought that she was going to give me a boo boo!

The next thing I knew, Sikeax was jumping around in the waves. I think I get what ‘your it’ means. She wanted me to chase her! A smile graced my maw and I sprung after her. She splashed in the waves, but I stopped at the shorelines, hesitating if I should go in or not. The last time I tried, I got my face filled with water, and it was not too fun to have water rushing down your mouth and nostrils, especially when it tasted horrible.

I took a breath, and then leaped into the water. My legs flailed as I tried to stand up. The water rushed over my body, knocking me right off of my feet. This was scary! I tried to get back up, only to be knocked over once again. One more try, and if that didn’t work I had to get out! I did not want to drown to death. I lifted my body from the watery ground and jumped into the waves, this time not being knocked over. I chased after Sikeax, my horn aiming to tag her. My horn met her skin with a little poke. I hope it wasn’t too hard. Controlling the force of my horn was still difficult. “You’re it, now!” I ran off, laughter rumbling from my chest. I ran through the waves, stumbling a bit because the waves were very, very forceful against my body. I ran away from the glowing filly, hoping that she wouldn’t catch me.

Unregistered

He could laugh, or at least try at it, bringing a soft smile to my face. I liked him instantly, having him around brought a comfort to me. In the time that I pretended to be a monster, he seemed scared. Was he supposed to be scared? When I was at his age, I was already out running to places that I wasn't supposed to be, though that was before the Darkness came. Poor child, coming to this world in the dark when I was born to soft stars that within a few hours I was welcomed by the warmth of Frostfall sunlight. The land was changing so fast.
My gaze shifted to the stars momentarily, inspecting them with curiousity. Moth- I mean Adrixaura, had a certain pull to them as I did to the water. When our times were good, I got nights to lay with her to view the stars and learn the constentlations. This colt probably wouldn't be so interested in learning about that, but if I was able to keep up with for just a bit, then I might teach him later on.
He then, spoke his name, of his parents, and what he belonged to.
My heart instantly shattered.
The heart inside my chest was made of thin glass, my chest a brick wall protecting the fragile object with endless safety, but Tonka's name as his father knawed at me like a dog chewing on a bone. I didn't mean to ever meet on of them, even though he lacked most of the scent that followed any fellow Assassins. My pale blue eyes blinked in confusion for a moment as I pulled my head and light away from him, allowing myself to break off and keep my emotions from his view. Tonka? What would he say when he found out that the colt knew where I was, and that I was running away? The thought didn't last long enough for me to think over it. He asked me if I ran away from home.
Yes. I did.
It remained a thought inside my head for that he was too young to ever understand what was currently happening. "Well, I don't think it should be calling running away. As a healer, I need to leave home to gather herbs, learn more skills, and speak to other healers. It's a full time job, and without me, the herd wouldn't be able to heal with they're hurt. We wouldn't want that, would we? I've been wanting to see Tonka again since I've misseed him, so when you're ready to go home, I'll take us home and we can talk again. How does that sound?"
A reasonable offer to him, knowing he'd probably take it. His nature didn't remind me of his sire too much, but I could now see my 'Uncle' inside him. Yup, this is surely his son.
We went out to the waves, him taking his time to figure out exactly what 'tag' meant, and what to do when you played it. I rolled my eyes, laughing softly towards him. The waves accepted my presence, welcoming me while they seemed to reject him. They tossed him about like a rag doll, giving him an awkward appearance as he tried to regain himself. "Yeah, the waves are hard to figure out at first, but they're pretty awesome once you get them figured out."
He caught himself after that, going after me. I went at a slower pace so that he was sure to get me at some point, and when the prick of a horn got a hind leg, I knew I was 'it' now. "You're gonna get it now! Fear me, Sikeax the Water Phoenix!"
I plunged after that, bursting through waves with no mercy to them at all. I didn't care if he was my lead's child at this moment, the only idea being that he was a colt that needed a playmate at this time. I'd take it up, as of Amara wasn't always around.
Oh yeah, Amara has to meet this kid. Seriously.

Image Credits

Unregistered

My harks turned forward as Sikeax explained to me what she was doing out here. I was a bit confused but, from what she was saying, she was the most important part of the whole group! Wow! And I thought that my mom and dad were important! I felt quite honored that I was in the presents of such an important member of my parents group. I wish I was a healer… But a warrior just sounded so much fun to be. Oh, why does life have to give you such hard choses! She then said that she needed to see my dad and that she missed him a lot. That sucks for her because my dad still wasn’t home! I wish that he was home, but at least I still had my mommy and my sister. When he did come home though, I would tell him if she wasn’t back from doing her research stuff.

“Wow, Sikeax! You must be the most important part of your whole group! And no way would I want that to happen. I don’t want us all to be hurt. My dad is still not back yet. Well, maybe he did come back when I left, but I don’t know. If he is still not back, I will tell him that you needed to see him. If I can remember… But, please don’t take me home right now! I want to explore. When I am done then you can bright me home.”

I grinned at her. My blue orbs gently slid away from hers as I stared off into the distance. I wondered if there were more like her out her. Maybe this sandy place was where healers liked to come to do some research stuff. It did seem like a pretty peaceful place. I would guess that peaceful is what healers needed to have for their research.

As we went crashing into the waves. As the waves kept knocking me over, Sikeax told me something about figuring out the waves. I could not hear her that well though. I guess the water got in my ears or something. Anyway, after I figured out the waves, I burst through the water as fast as I could and tagged Sikeax to make her, It.

I ran away as fast as I could, squealing and laughing. "You're gonna get it now! Fear me, Sikeax the Water Phoenix!" The girl called after me. I gave a little high pitched whinny and shook my head! “Not even Sikeax the Water Phoenix will be able to catch me! I am fast faster than you!” It was so true. I was so much faster than that slowpoke. Ha! It would take her a YEAR to catch someone with my speed. She was silly not to just give up, because everyone know that she can’t catch me. I hesitated, thinking that I should maybe slow down for her so that she could catch me. Naa! I’ll let her try.

My head twisted back as my legs kept running faster and faster. I smiled at her, seeing as though she was trying her hardest to catch me. I felt my hoof hit something hard! Pretty soon, I was once again tumbling down. Ouch! That hurt! Water rushed through my nose and rocks scraped my legs and chest and belly. Damn it! I had to be more careful. I staggered up, trying to hold my weigh on my poor scratched up legs! DANGG! It hurt like hellll! Oh well! I would still not let her get me! I limply ran through the salty pool. Every step I took was filled with prickles of pain. I would not show my pain though!

“I am ok! I still can run faster than you! Even with my legs hurt!”

[[OCC:: Soo sorry for the wait @[Sikeax] Also, my little Kilchii is learning how to be competitive XD]]