the Rift

Dearest Daughter [Roux to World's Edge]

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
I watched a sparrow this morning, hunting amidst the daisies.
I watched a rat scurry boldly through the brambles last night.
They are different than I.
Perhaps one day you'll understand they're not so different after all.

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
Deimos blocks Rhiannon.

Dearest Daughter - Crowley and Elizabeth's child.
I watched a sparrow this morning, hunting amidst the daisies. - Sparrow being her rper. ;D
I watched a rat scurry boldly through the brambles last night. - Personality reference (she's bold and haughty).
They are different than I. - Different species (Unicorn vs Equine)

Hidden Account
Safe.

Heather
Deimos blocks Destry.

Dearest Daughter - Has been in a thread titled "Daughter Sweet Daughter".
I watched a sparrow this morning, hunting amidst the daisies. - Could be in relation to her hybrid status (sparrow being peg ref).
I watched a rat scurry boldly through the brambles last night. - Personality reference (bold)

Hidden Account
Safe.

Heather
Deimos blocks Arah.

I watched a sparrow this morning, hunting amidst the daisies. - Color reference (gray [daisies])
I watched a rat scurry boldly through the brambles last night. – Rat could be reference to rank (Impersonator; rats are commonly thought of as spies, deceitful)
They are different than I. - Unicorn reference

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
Safe.

Heather
Deimos blocks Frost Fyre.

Dearest Daughter - Daughter of Descaro and Leyra.
I watched a sparrow this morning, hunting amidst the daisies. - Sparrow as color reference: bay blanket Appaloosa
I watched a rat scurry boldly through the brambles last night. - Rat as reference to her leonine tail.
They are different than I. - Unicorn reference
Perhaps one day you'll understand they're not so different after all. - Frost Fyre is sort of racist?

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
Safe.

Roux was sought.

Dearest Daughter - titles are not clues, for one. And this was me setting the tone of the stealth as Smoke talking to Israfel in a philosophical fashion, the only one of her children or anyone else's children she has or probably will ever refer to as 'my dear daughter'. Figured I should explain my useage since you guys got caught up on it.

- Sparrows are brown, black, and white. So is Roux. So this is a color reference.
- When I think daisies, I think white flowers. Snow is white, the Basin is generally referred to as being covered in snow. This is a reference to the Basin.

- Rats are extremely near-sighted and see most things as huge colored shapes moving around. Roux's blindsight is referred to during the day as only being able to sense motion. Both Roux and rats would be more cautious during the day, and more confident at night, due to their sight issues. This is a reference to Roux's sight.

- Wasn't initially meant as a clue, honestly. But can refer to two different things. Unicorn vs. equine and male vs. female.

- Meant as fluff, but can refer to Roux being raised amidst racist unicorns.

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
- Sparrows are brown, black, and white. So is Roux. So this is a color reference.
- When I think daisies, I think white flowers. Snow is white, the Basin is generally referred to as being covered in snow. This is a reference to the Basin.

Exactly what I was thinking here. I actually guessed that there would be a brown someone in a group of white someone's, but I didnt' think of snow! Clever! Pass. Also this is two clues, two passes - one for herd ref and one for color.

- Rats are extremely near-sighted and see most things as huge colored shapes moving around. Roux's blindsight is referred to during the day as only being able to sense motion. Both Roux and rats would be more cautious during the day, and more confident at night, due to their sight issues. This is a reference to Roux's sight.

I like the curry boldly in the night part, but I don't immediately associate rats as being very near-sighted? I thought of a "rat" like a "snitch" or a "spy". When I looked up "rat" on wikipedia too there was nothing mentioned about how well they see. So while I really like the part about the blindness being easier at night, I would fail the rat reference, but I pass the boldly scurrying. Also, rats are brown too, which indicated to me that the rat and sparrow were the same creature.

- Wasn't initially meant as a clue, honestly. But can refer to two different things. Unicorn vs. equine and male vs. female.

"They" is what really trips me up here. Who is they? I like the different than I part though. I neither pass nor fail. I would pass if it "they" was changed to "you" or "him/her/it" indicating one individual.

I like this one because it did immediately make me think of the Basin, but you already have a herd reference above.

3 clues make a pass from me .

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Overall a Fail.

I felt that although you had good clues upon reveal, prior to reveal they were too vague to lead me the direction you intended. You take 1-2 words as being the only importance in lines full of other words, so I didn't always see why those words were of such high importance over the others because the lines themselves did not direct.

Roux was sought.

FAIL - There is not enough in the line to tell me it's a color ref, first thing I consider is sparrows have wings = pegasus. Although I do know that probably most people think of the House Sparrow like you did with that color scheme, sparrows can come in other colors as there are lots of sparrows.
FAIL - Daisies to me means yellow, happy, sunshine! Nothing at all which I associate with the Basin.

FAIL - this is again too vague if you put so much emphasis on sight, which is not even hinted at in this line. Bats are better known for their poor sight than rats, so saying rats doesn't make me lean towards thinking of sight at all.

FAIL - The poem is to be about the character being stolen, which means I do not consider the writer of the stealth. I would have never thought to compare Smoke to Roux and so this line to me points to Roux being very different from the rest or somehow outcast/abnormal.

PASS - with the racism surrounding Roux this line stands out clear as leading that way and being a good history ref.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Boom Boom Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I would not pass nor fail this clue. Like Blu, I got caught up thinking this would be a peg, but the color reference I can see as well.

I would pass this.

Pass. I, for one, know that rats "see" mostly through their barrel fields (which are connected in the nervous system to their whiskers), but the night mentioned specifically would make me very suspicious of Roux's particular eyesight.

Pass. Not an equine and not female.

I consider this more fluff than anything really substantial. Neither pass nor fail.

Overall, I would PASS this.