the Rift

don't you pin your heart on my sleeve.

Nevin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
(I apologize for this being the furthest thing from fancy-looking ever. XD I'm not smart enough to figure it out yet.)

Nevin isn't sure if he believes in angels. Doesn't know if he can weave a believable story out of servants to an unseen deity, both benevolent and catastrophic in the same breath, with many pairs of wings and faces so beautiful (or else terrifying) that just to gaze upon them would drive a man to madness. He supposes that, if there are angels out there, he is one of them.

But Nevin doesn't believe in angels.
He doesn't believe in much of anything.

Didn't believe that the world could collapse beneath him even as he walked upon it, or that the elements themselves could relent. He has seen tragedy. Has seen chaos. He has tasted armageddon and found is strangely saccharine, as if it were candy on his tongue. When he is alone, the spidery horse sometimes dreams of the apocalypse, of angels and their lunatic faces, and imagines that he might be the one to bring it about. Stand before it with his eyelashes highlighted by fire in his hands and smile fondly at it as if it were a child. A masterpiece, even.

They say he has gone mad. Perhaps they are right. If asked, however, Nevin would just shrug and shake his head. He is far too proud, far too deluded, to entertain the fancies of strangers. Desperation alone has driven him to Helovia with his coat dirty and his eyes dull. A kinder man may have accepted the help of strangers. May have taken the girl that loved him and run away with her, fulfilling all of those flippant promises to hand her the world on a string (so long as he was holding it). But she has left him.

Left because Nevin, one night, presses his lips against her ear and asked for the world.
She delivered it on a silver platter.
He had only sneered and asked for gold.

But the fact of the matter is that he is dirty and dead-eyed and drags himself through over the threshold with a quiet grunt of dissatisfaction. He has come a long way. Been ruined and rebuilt himself into something he sees as perfect. He has yet to realize just how wrong he is.

Noise Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

N O I S E

"The Cyborg Says:....spaceballs!"

Ahhh, fresh air and freedom. The breeze against his green LEDs, the ruffling of his glow-in-the-dark mohawk. He feels so alive at this moment. Certainly, the creepy woods with the wobbling peeping-tom creeper zorlogs-only-knows-what THING was a good home for now. But he did rather bored just sitting there all day long. Mirage was a rebel, but a boring one thus far. And thus Noise had wandered here to the Threshold to gallivant about and have some fun with the new horses. They were always so fun to play with. Like Ryan Seacrest and his little-man syndrome. Except that they were mostly just making fun of him. Except, they didn't know that he was making fun of them. So, he supposed it was really just like mutual joking? Eh, glowsticks, the meth from the future was so much better than weed anyways.

So he goes along, looks about, and find a target. A strange horse he was indeed. He seemed to be tired and dirty, but not chicks fighting in mud dirty. No it was more like the homeless hobo dirty. Highly unattractive. Though that wasn't what was interesting. What was interesting was that the damned ragdoll held some sort of aura about him which suggested otherwise. Well, time to have some fun.

Liiiiiiiikkkkkkkeeeeeeee.....I like to move it, move it. You like to move it move it. We like to.....MOVE IT! Yes, he was legend, wait for it.....dary. Indeed. He prances forward, the 18hh cyborg, with his left metal half whirring quietly while his right, full side moved flawlessly. Giant hooves pounded into the ground and bulging muscles stretched tight his hide. Glowing green eyes looked out from their black depths as the robot grins at the stallion. Ohh, my preeettyy, hehehehe. -coughgiggleinhead- no seriously, he perks up to a friendly stance, dropping the creepiness, and utters in his deepest, Samual L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman, GOD voice,

"I come in peace, my friend."