the Rift

[OPEN] I've heard this already

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
With the eternal darkness that lurked around them, Apollo could not sleep. His mind twisted and turned during his slumber, ridding any peace of mind that he once had... His mind had begun to grow unsteady, even though the moon had returned along with the stars, heralding a new light, and a new hope... But for the stallion with so much to fear, it was hard to ignore the dancing shadows that seemed to curl and chatter behind his very back.

During the unconsciousness of sleep, he would see these shadows mock and tease him, taking the forms of the ones that he loved and casting them to their demise in the most gruesome of ways. Their voices would cry out, scream at him, but he would be paralyzed and forbidden to help. Apollo had seen the shadows of the creatures that he had encountered since coming to Helovia; the water beast that had almost slain he and Phaedra, the mysterious stag that he had met with Midas... So many memories had kindled in the darkness like flames, waiting for the right moment to strike, to burst and devour him.

It was these very nightmares that had driven him awake, and onward at another late-night patrol. Or was it day? It was so hard to tell, anymore...

Lifting his head to the darkened skies, Apollo released a weary sigh. He yearned for the warmth of the sun, and the light to chase away the shadows. Hopefully it wouldn't be too much longer until the sun did return, much like the moon had. The monochromatic stallion moved lightly through the land and along the Foothills borders, his hooves sinking in through melting snow. Although the darkness reigned supreme, the Medic's internal clock could tell that Birdsong was just around the corner.

"It won't be long now." He murmured to himself, allowing the first smile of the day to spread across his lips. With the arrival of Birdsong would mean the end of the snows, and hopefully the cold. The trees would awaken from their season-long slumber, and the nature-loving stallion would have a constant companion once more.

A breeze cut through the air, carrying a scent that caused Apollo to stop in his tracks. He froze, but not because of the chilly wind. Head snapping upwards, the stallion's ears perked forward, honey-brown eyes searching across the dark plains of the Foothills. That smell... He could recognize that scent anywhere. Andreas. A nicker left his lips, a sound of yearning and full of hope. How many times had he thought of her since his departure from his old home? Since his arrival into Helovia? Since the darkness had swallowed their world?

"Andreas?" He called out, stepping forward through the darkness. It had to be her. Apollo moved along, his nostrils flaring to try and intake more of his precious sister's scent. What if it had been a trick from the shadows? No, no... They could never be so thorough. "Andreas?" His question came again, this time full of desperation.

Please, Gods... Let it be her!

Along the borders he went, his walk turning into a high-knee'd trot, and his wide eyes took in the sight of a dark figure materializing in the brief light. His gait faltered and he stood, motionless, for a few moments as his eyes roamed every feature. A dark coat of ebony, just like his, marred with the occasional splotch of white... Eyes that were warm like honey, inviting, fierce, and a horn that sat upon the newcomer's brow. Apollo felt fear, confusion, hope, and amazement as he recognized the mare who stood upon the borders.

"... Sister? Is it... Really you?"

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
I've heard this already - by Andreas - 07-31-2013, 11:00 PM
RE: I've heard this already - by Apollo - 08-01-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: I've heard this already - by Andreas - 08-05-2013, 10:26 PM
RE: I've heard this already - by Apollo - 08-07-2013, 10:01 PM