the Rift

catch all the foxes

Lysang Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
l y s a n g    

So many years since she last stood here; an awful number of years had passed since she had last dabbled in such waters. Dangerous waters, some would say, the surface a shade of dark and dismal grey, flecked with sporadic patches of green akin to some spawning lichen. These weren't exactly the shallow waters which lapped at the feet of sheltered bays in which anxious mothers eagerly urged on their young, reassured by the idyllic appearance. Of course, Sang had never really resembled such a doting and absorbed parent; she had born plenty in her heyday, raised each with the required nurture and subsequently passed on the reins to natures finest. Such was her task. Those who fawned and fretted, spiralling their young into nests of soft wool amused her, particularly the pitiful snap of heart strings which followed each little darling taking that one big, brave leap beyond the safety of the nest.

This whole farce vaguely resembled the complex kingdom of food presentation, in a queer sort of sense. Nouvelle cuisine at it's finest; the arrangement of the fine substenance always preceded the taste itself. The awe inspiring exhibition created such a depth of anticipation, as conscience outstretches the limits of the taste buds, conjuring up a presage far beyond the limitations of the first morsel to hit the tongue. Near always a bitter disappointment, as the brain conceives the truth behind said dish, the key lying in its epitome delivery, rather in taste itself.
Such cuisine metaphors could also be compared to Sang herself, she supposes. Why, she could wrack her mind all day, shake out the dust and rattle a few old chains to conjure up those old pieces of knowledge.
She supposes she isn't overly dissimilar to one of those fine-dining dishes, out in the threshold today. Yes, today she's all show; head held high, carrying herself with a flight to her step, streamlined tail bringing up the rear. A pretty sight, you'd say, just the sort of delicacy you couldn't wait to delve into with that silver spoon. Alas, here the circuit completes itself, for appearances can be deceiving. Sang has no doubt whichever dinky little goldfish that bites the bait will find the taste rather disheartening. A fool's game, this whole facade. Her eyes flicker to one or two of the figures with whom she shares the valleys on this dimly lit evening. She knows they aren't the first to participate in the tos and fros of herd etiquette, to throw in their fair share of charisma in hope of stealing the most noble man of the day. Nor of course shall they be the last, in a rather admirable line of descendants who will no doubt totter down these well-trodden paths come the following seasons.

Musings aside, she hardly wishes to dwell on the unpleasant aspects of today's purpose, if she is to accomplish what she set out to do. Drawing her attention away from the surrounding congregation, Sang slips past the preferred areas of the forest, away from those already in the midst of conversation, her leisurely gait drawing to a halt in the slightly more shaded section to the east. An ostentatious debut wouldn't quite become her usual style, garish neon lights blinding passers by with her name imprinted in glittering bulbs - it all seems a little excessive, don't you think? She'd far rather deliberate further in her shadows, let them come smoke her out the nest.

"blah blah blah."

image - whitespiritwolf.deviantart.com

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered

When I woke up this morning, or maybe day, or could it be night, but whatever, there was a fresh feeling to the air. Whenever I stepped out of the ice cave Mom had instructed me to stay in, there wasn't the usual blast of freezing cold air from the Steppe that made you scream "OH JEEZBUS! THAT'S COLD.", instead there was a new feeling to it. The feeling reminded me when I last saw Amara and met Sameira at the Heart when the air wasn't as cold as home. Warmth, that what you call it, right? It smelt of flowers, sea salt, and twinkled with shimmers when the moonlight touched the snow. Automatically I loved it, and wanted to see what more came about when I stepped out into the snow. The crunch seemed not as loud as usual, but this must be the changing of the seasons. My winter birth seemed in the past, and the place I was born at is nothing more than just a memory. Here is a new adventure today, and I want to go out to the open world to welcome it with open arms. Mom is sure to understand I just wanted to go outside for a bit whenever she returns from her thing, and probably won't be too mad at me. Someday soon, I'll be as big as her at this, but it's true I'm not enjoying it. Life has plans for me and my family that I'm not ready for.
My adventure took me out of the north and by-passed the Foothills(the place I'd been born, but lived there only for a day) before I reacted the still fresh memory of the Threshold. The winged stallion Mom and I met a while back ago still had his scent there, floating through the air and clinging to the growth. My grey hooves seemed to have grown on me, and when I found myself standing in the tracks of a larger horse, for once, I knew I wasn't about to always be so small. The horn I was born with has grown with me, extending outwards to where I can now see a bit of it. It's the small colour of Mom's eyes and the glow from it, a pale blue. A thought crosses me as if I look nice for this trip because in my time of wanting to see the world in this new light, I lacked a break for a bath. My coat was a sandy colour, and my mane was a dirty chocolate. What colour did Mom call me? Amber Champange? I think that's it.
My legs were now much more limber, yet I still found myself stumbling occasionally while I hummed to myself. Luna looks down upon me from above, and I offer her a smile. Her response to my smile is strange. Before me are flowers, blooming and glowing. Greed overtakes me and I feel the pull of wanting to pick of one them, yet I ignore it and move on. Voices flutter like moth wings through the trees, causing my small ears to move in every which direction to search for their owners. A soft song breaks the silence of nighttime, and as I stare upwards, there is a bird in the trees. They sing again, and my desperate attempts, I try to answer them with a nicker. My nicker goes unnoticed and the bird flies off, leaving me completely alone.
Why do you have to be so rude?
Something other than my thoughts creates a noise, and curiousity is such a beast inside my young chest, that I must exactly know the creator/owner of it. The strides I'm able to create are slow and short, but my lope brings me to something that looks interesting to me. Well, the lady I've found is very beautiful, if I might say. Describing her if I must, I say she's the colour of fire, not the tallest nor the shortest, with beautiful amber eyes. My eyes are a pale blue to match my horn and it's glow, grey flecks moving inside them. The glow from my horn is a sure give away that I'm right here as it bounces off the trees and growth, but I want to make sure she knows I'm here with her, and that I'm not confusing her with my glow. The best I can offer is a soft nicker.
A giggle escapes me, childish actions still in me. My stomach isn't complaining as I tried to nibble upon some grass (though it tastes as bad as poop. Please don't ask.) and was able to feed myself. After some time, I feel threatened at the thought of not needing Mom as much, but I may live. There is still Uncle Tonka with his amazing stories, and Amara to play with me.
"Hello Miss Nomad. I'm Sikeax, Doctor for an outcast group called the Assassins. Might I ask your name, please?" The way I tried to speak to her seems too loud for just a filly like myself, but I want to be mature at these times. It can't be too hard, can it? I looked up to her as she stood a bit taller than me, and smiled. Oh, please let her be nice.
If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
His mission was clear; find more wandering souls, searching for a place to belong, and bring them home to join their ranks. Apollo moved through the Threshold at a swift pace, honey-brown eyes lingering upon the remaining shadows and the curving paths of the trees. The eternal night still remained, much to his chagrin, but the black and white overo had immediately took notice that the weather itself was beginning to change. Nature was continuing on, trying to win against this war with the eternal darkness, and honestly, he hoped that it won. It had been too long since he had been able to speak to the trees, as they had been silenced in slumber during the duration of Frostfall.

Now, with the arrival of Birdsong, however...

It wasn't long into his venture that Apollo heard the voices of another, the soft octaves of a youngling dancing around the woods. The Earth Medic pulled up short, head snapping at attention, and he listened. Off in the distance he heard the voice go on. "... Doctor for an outcast group called the Assassins." Immediately he snorted. They were still around? Still, the voice continued, but Apollo paid it little need. Instead, he continued towards the sound of the young voice, wondering why a child was wandering around in the eternal darkness, even if they were an Assassin.

Breaking through the trees, his hooves plodding and squishing through the slowly melting snow, the unicorn stopped to survey the scene. Two were about; one, a child, probably the one that he had heard speaking before. She was a doctor? How cute. The Earth Medic snorted. The other, a mare, who smelled nothing of Helovia. A newcomer, then? Apollo dipped his head to avoid having his horn snagged on a low-hanging limb, then cleared his throat as he stepped into the open, honeyed gaze dancing from Sikeax to the newcomer.

"Beg your pardon for my intrusion," he said softly, a welcoming smile upturning his lips. The stallion's slight, clipped accent rang true when he spoke at his most eloquently. It was the voice of a gentleman, a suitable voice for a true medic. "But welcome to these lands of Helovia, stranger. My name is Apollo." Here, he dipped his head in a low greeting, tipping his crystalline horn towards the chestnut mare, "I am an Earth Medic of the Windtossed Foothills. If it is a home that you are searching, or even simply a place of respite, could I offer my home?"

He straightened, that same, kind, boyish smile playing with his lips. His eyes danced in genuine mirth and kindness, an expression that rarely left his face. "I live in a herd not far from here; the Foothills. We are so much more than just a herd, or just a group." Here, his eyes flicked to Sikeax before continuing. "We are a band, a unit, a family called the Grey, a band of mercenaries who swear allegiance to only one another. Not everyone has to dabble in the arts of warfare to join our ranks, however, for we appreciate many skills."

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

”Children should not be used for recruiting. How sick. There are dangers here, little one, and the Gods are not around to protect you. Is your group truly so cruel as to send you out here on your own, hardly old enough to be away from your mother’s side?” Kaj’s voice was a deep, disgusted tone, though it held concern for the little one as well at the same time. Stepping slowly from the surrounding trees in the darkness cast by their shadows, wings close to his side not only to avoid them hitting everything and scraping them to pieces, but because not far behind him his little strawberry crept along, following him. Best not to scare her, of course. Azure eyes flickered to the other male in the trio he’d happened upon, and a warm smile spread over his maw. ”Sir Apollo, it is nice to see you. Have you been well since our last meeting?” Moving towards him, a pale golden muzzle was outstretched towards Apollo’s shoulder; should he be allowed, he would brush against his hide in comfortable greeting. Apollo was a good man, after all.

Finally his gaze moved to the last figure, a doe. ”It seems you have already been greeted,” he chuckled in amusement. ”But please accept mine as well. I am Kaj, from the World’s Edge, one of their WingLeaders. Perhaps you are more familiar with the term General?” Shifting to stand beside Apollo, Kaj stretched his wing to hopefully brush the other brute’s side in play. ”The Foothills are good, strong people. The World’s Edge is a herd of equality. We aim only to support each other no matter magic, companion, species, or godly gifts.” Might as well say the same as Apollo was, yes? The Edge deserved just as much praise.

Smiling over at the other male, looking at him from his peripherals, Kaj gave a soft chuckle. ”Sir Apollo has already kindly led one of my herd sisters to our borders from here, despite the difference in our herds. Perhaps today will be your day, brother?” Over his shoulder Kaj glanced for Resplendence, wondering where his little strawberry sister was, concerned over her wellbeing. Was she lost? Harmed? She’d been right behind him, and already Kaj was willing to turn and leave the possible recruit and his oddly-gained friend out of concern for her.

---
Notes: So short ;-; just thought I'd pop him in more for amusement than anything <3
KAJ
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts
image credits
table by whit

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Res had needed to get away from the masses of people. Everyone speaking and shifting through the mists was beginning to take a toll on her poor brain. She had wanted to travel back up to the threshold, or perhaps the heavenly fields again, but she hadn't wanted to do it alone. Only the moon was out, and with a not-so-good amount of hearing she didn't dare to travel out through the dark alone. She wasn't about to die - that was not on the agenda. So, when she had caught sight of Kaj starting for the threshold she asked if she could tag along.

The trek had done well to clear her head, and she stayed a good horse length behind him as she allowed her brain to wander. He had kept his wings close to his sides, though she wasn't sure if it was all because of her fear of his wings or if he was simply attempting to keep them from getting scratched up. When they finally stumbled across another equine there was already a young unicorn was attempting to recruit. Her mind instantly went to worried and sickened upon hearing the name of the Assassins falling from her lips. Res's audit pinned to her cranium, completely disturbed by this image, before the sound of more hoof-falls caused her to snap her head up. While she didn't recognize the voice before her the image of the painted unicorn did enough to jolt her memories back to the invasion. And, then, with the name of her old home tossed in the air she felt a sick feeling in her gut. He... he had been one of the ones who had invaded and tossed her from her home without any reason. She wanted to scream at him. His home!? The home he had torn from her hooves! A family her ass. She didn't care. She wanted to scream at him. She wanted to call him a hypocrite. But, she couldn't get up the nerve to say one word to the horse she was certain could best her physically even if she had only wanted to scream at him.

And then, Kaj was saying that they were good, strong people. Her eyes dropped instantly as she stayed back from the entire conversation until she realized that Kaj was beginning to worry about where she was. Gently, she shuffled her way forward, standing so that Kaj was most certainly between her and the stag who brought back the nightmares. Tears were beginning to form in her eyes from the panic attack that she was attempting to keep from happening. She shook her head swiftly to knock them free before clearing her throat. "It would be best that you return to you mother, Sikeax. It is not safe out here with no sun or gods to aid you. One who is so young should not worry about gaining herd members. I can offer to help take you home, if you'd wish?" Resplendence offered to the foal before turning back to the conversation about the herd-lands. "I cannot vouche that the Foothills are good people - only that they are strong, as they invaded that land and kicked me and those who I was beginning to call family out a while back. I am also a member of the Edge, my name is Resplendence, and I can say that the Edge has been one of the only places I have felt safe in a long, long time. Everyone cares for the others, no matter what the problem is, and we only do stuff for each other's benefit - no matter how difficult." Res offered, shuffling her feet a little as she glanced wearily toward the horned stag. Surely Kaj wouldn't allow anything to happen again.

But she couldn't shake the nightmares that were flashing through her skull...

648 words
Nothing against the Foothills at all. xD She'd asked that multiple herds came in so I threw Res at 'em - unfortunately, anything foothills related with her torn mind isn't always the best. ._.
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered

This darkness had swallowed this precious world up and had left us to fend for ourselves. The Gods that ruled this land had left and the sun had not risen. Darkness had shrouded our lands but that was until recently. The moon and risen once more and stars littered the sky. I no longer needed the artificial light from the lanterns anymore as the moon cast a glow along the grounds of Helovia, giving me some guidance.

The season felt as though it had changed and I had felt a shift in temperatures through out my journeys, though the sun was not there and it was still pretty chilly. I had noticed that the snow that surrounded my decently feathered ankles had decreased in size, turning to muddy slush and the birds had begun to sing their song more than usual.

For this reason, I had felt that I could traverse north now. I had wanted to make a stop by the Threshold and try to at least help any lost souls through this mess and try to also see if I could begin my journey towards creating my goal group. I had it planned out in my head, The Storm Strike. We would fight for the good, be righteous, and relentless, and deem retribution on those whom we so saw as those needing it.

Conversation hit my ears and I instantly jerked my head up, blue orbs scanning my surroundings. I lowered my head then and pinned my ears down, deep breaths coming from my flaring nostrils as I picked up on some introductions. It appeared as though this poor soul was getting bombarded with them. I smiled then shook my head, my long and trailing black mane and tail moving with the direction of my head.

I silently approached as the one designated as Kaj finished his part and then I chuckled warmly, my bang cascading down my long, inky black face. "Good evening, morning, or night, to you all ladies and gentlemen. Hard to tell in this weather, hm?" I chuckled, a bright and warm smile beginning to be painted onto my face as my ears flickered and I raised my head.

"Why don't we give this beautiful lady some air?"
My bright, blue hued eyes flickered from the veterans of Helovia to the newcomer with a smile and a nod. "Welcome to Helovia. Since the others have already introduced themselves, allow me to as well. I am Adalaide, outcast and leader of a rising pack that will be known as the Storm Strike. And don't let some fool you, life as an outcast isn't at all bad in it's entirety. It completely depends on what you make of it."

I nod towards Sikeax with my warm smile then proceed to look at Kaj and return my gaze back towards the newcomer. I look at Sikeax "Well aren't you a fine scout? Aiming big for such a little age, something I wish I would have done. I think I have a new role model." I gave her a wink and looked at the others with a chuckle. I wouldn't shut the kid out on something she wanted to do as I had been like her. I had tried to to go out on my own and be dangerous as well but I had been restrained. Either way, I ended up doing what I wanted even if that had gotten me here.

"Basically, we're all here to recruit members if you don't like things sugarcoated and I cannot say anything much about the others as I've never been involved in them. Yes those members can be family and yes we always form strong bonds with one another. Each herd has their own specialties and downfalls that they usually don't like to share with newcomers.

Mine being, I'm trying to start a group with just myself, I don't have any land to call my own, and basically, I'm a traveling Gypsy. But I can tell you that I plan on starting something that shelters any and all lost and wandering souls and welcomes them in. We will be fighting for righteousness and we will be fighting for freedom. We will be semi-anarchists. I wander from place to place, usually traveling to keep comfortable with the change of the seasons and that's what I plan on doing with the group.

If you care to join me, that would be amazing. If not, I will not pressure you."
I nod at her and then at the others, my bright and warm eyes waiting for a response.

image credits
table by whit

Lysang Posts: N/A
Unregistered
l y s a n g    

Of all bastard suitors she had expected to come knocking at the door, fresh and willing to sweep her off her feet into some whirlwind bravado of testosterone fuelled endurance, whisking her away to some far-off herd land restrained by the same old set of feministic rules, this little filly wasn’t exactly her golden ticket. Willy Wonka himself was clearly not about to leap up from the sidelines with furiously twitching jazz hands and steal the show. That being said, who was she to complain? How her conscious flow of arbitrary lines of thought must bore you, ever the antagonist with her haphazard criticisms.

The form of glee one would expect of such a juvenile, squirming in anticipation at the near sighting of a fluttering golden ticket in the hands of an adoring mother appears not to have breached Sang’s mental response upon this fine evening. Simply a few too many times, she has navigated this well-worn path, allowed yet another to sweet talk her into a ridiculously under-exaggerated journey to some distant herd land. The herd lands themselves, why, you would swoon if you could envision the surreal paintings created by the narrative of a rather well versed salesperson. Often rather cliché, come to think of it; all those lush, green rolling hills, the earthy scent of forest clinging to the air, turquoise waters where shimmering koi could undoubtedly be expected to flip up and plant a damp kiss on your nostril. There was no use mocking these avid depictions used to enlist the untouched and oblivious, as plenty a time had Sang fallen for their persuasive tone – back in her younger years, of course. The promise of undying romance, unyielding power, or some ludicrous proposition of magic had always overruled her concerns.
Alas, herd life never quite seemed to live up to standard; hence her dismal convictions on this particular occasion. She holds no regrets of those years, whereas many would label them as purely wasted. No, whereas some leave footprints wherever they tread, or engrave their initials into the sides of age-old trees, Sang has evaded these common trends, instead leaving her lineage upon those ‘sweet green hills’ into which she was tempted, thus abandoning her bloodlines over quite a vast distance.

By now you must consider her shameful when compared to the usual tendencies of motherhood, however even she knows she’s hardly an ally of the old crippled witch, she who lives at the corner of the street. Ever posing a threat to the inquisitive young, a great weapon used by mother’s everywhere to construct threat after threat, intimidating their children into complacency. Won’t finish your dinner? Might we have to make a trip down to the corner? See what SHE’s serving up for tea? For underlying threats of cannibalism never failed to see the plates cleared.
No, Sang is a far cry from the monster under the stairs, detecting the purposeful little voice of the purposeful little filly, still unblemished by the resonating chords that afflict all mares in their growing years. Although hardly a giant herself, she extends her neck, tilting her head to eye the filly, amusement tinting her pale eyes.
”Miss Nomad? A curious address you’ve adopted there. Shall we replace it with Lysang to remain on better terms, little one?"
Before she has leave to continue, the arrival of a second causes Sang to turn. Yet another unicorn; not that she holds any grudge. Perhaps she has merely stumbled upon some unicorn ravaged threshold – now wouldn’t that be amusing?
”It is a place of residence I seek indeed, though perchance home is yet a step too far. You certainly sound well assured of your position –“
A third? Gosh, this really was turning out to be quite the high-tea event of the season. Clearly all ladies present had sent in their RSVP in due notice. Either way, the two boys seemed well aware of one another, in a slightly unusual, sociable manner – though was there an air of strife, which Sang could detect?
”How kind of you to extend my options, Sir Kaj?"
The slightest hint of a smirk played at her dusty lips. ”Forgive me for I fear I am slightly rusty in such practices, is General a title which calls upon such customs?”
The younger mare, seemingly brought by this stallion, provided a second insight into these territories of which she was being informed. Perhaps these ‘Foothills’ were not after all the sort of place where a girl can walk through those dark alleyways at night – not that there’s plenty an area which grants such security.
”And Adalaide, a pleasure. How.. interesting, that you suggest I may feel unwelcome amongst these fellows. Your proposition certainly interests me, yet I feel certain reservations – after all, what sort of a woman dictates her life upon the mere dreams of others?”
A snide remark, you may think, but somewhere along the line the cat had seemingly forgotten how to hold it’s tongue.

"blah blah blah."

ooc; eek sorry, it's been over a year since I did this, might be a little bit rusty :3

image - whitespiritwolf.deviantart.com

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Mom had taught me it's always best to try to be polite to others when you meet them. I don't see the true meaning of this as of she is always a bitch (I heard someone call her that once, no names.....), and the lady before me was very polite to me. When she moved her head to veiw me better, I gave her a smile to let her know I wasn't going to ever bite. I was raised to be a good girl, and that my clear intentions. Her name was Lysang, and I found it beautiful like her. Before I was able to compliement her, there were others.
They carried harsh comments towards me, insulting me and making my hope and will drop as my heart sunk deeper into my chest. It slid down the walls of my ribs like a slippery fish thrown at the wall that slid down like it carried some type of amusement. A frown fell across my face and my ears fell to the sides, putting my hurt feelings like a beacon. Are the members of herds always so rude and cruel?
I had already began to feel bad and the thought of turning away and walking home alone came across my mind when a female voice came out. I looked to her, and veiwed her beauty. Yes, she was very beautiful, and the beauty she held matched the serenity of her personality. Instantly, she was the only one to bring a smile to my young face when the others were busy insulting me. She carried my attention as well as Lysang did, for the boys could just leave. Jerks.
"I think your name is just as beautiful as you are, Lysang. Even thought the boys are pretty mean and I guess hateful, I might as well offer you a place to stay up until you decide what you wish to do. The Assassins are close knit, and for sure you would be welcome as either a guest to us or a member, as it's your choice. I don't think anyone would be offended if you stayed for some time. My eyes went to the lady named Respeldence, smiling to her with her soft words. She offered me a walk home and then went on to the Foothills.
As a child, I don't have much to hate, or shouldn't have something to hate, but the Foothills made me uncomfortable. Mom was sure of to tell me as of what she went through there while she was carrying me, what it took to get me to this place where I am now. Apollo, that's his name right?, had already earned my discomfort. "Resplendence, would you mind if I just called Res? My mother is aware as of me, and has told me I may adventure as long as I know of someone I can trust is near by. She has given me places I shall not go, including not to visit the borders of any herdlands for their personal respect and not to cause issues. If Lysang doesn't wish to return home with me, I think I'd enjoy the company of having someone walk home with me. As for being sent out, I assure you, I came out on my own."
It's difficult to blurt out something about the Foothills, and I wanted to add in what happened with Mom when I was blindsided by the appearance of another girl. She was sweet, and instantly I loved her. If my horn had the power to glow when I was happy, then surely it would of glowed so bright as to release the amount of light given by the glowing trees. Her compliement made me giggle, and the Jerks actions were quickly ignored. Still, I wanted to make Apollo look as bad as he was treating me. It wasn't the best idea, but hell, I'll do it anyway just because Res seemed bothered by him, and I think I should back her up a bit because she was so kind to me.
"The Foothills aren't the best place to stay. My mother told me she was taken while pregnant with myself and held prisoner there where I was apparently attempted to be taken from her. When I was born in the snow there, no one was kind enough to even say 'Hello, welcome to the world.' or tell me where I was at before we were forced to leave. I can't ever be a fan of them."
I might just be a bit of what they call a 'bitch', whatever it happens to me, but unless they can hear into my head, they won't be able to hear the secret giggles in my head.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Hana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Hana
I don't preach or scream ain't trying to teach the scene,
The only guidelines are those you need to read between.
"Perhaps if your tiny outcast band hadn't attempted to steal our members, made constant (and empty) threats to us and challenged us, we wouldn't have been forced to take action." The pale mare stepped forward, ruby eyes narrowed in distrust and ill concealed bitterness for the young filly that stood before her. The doe was simply defending her herd's actions, she had not spoken a single lie, in fact it seemed that this one's mother had concealed the entire truth from her. Spotting Apollo across from her, Hana passed him a smile before turning her attention back to the other one that seemed to be the center of attention. "Pardon my rude interruption, I do not like to hear my family spoken of in a ill manner." Her voice had been calm and quiet the entire time. Hana did not need to say a lot or yell to defend her family, they had not done anything wrong, in fact it was this little filly who was in the wrong.

Surely such a young foal shouldn't be out attempting to recruit members for the outcast band that she belonged to. How pathetic was that? Were the leaders of the assassins too high and mighty to come out and meet new comers and try to recruit them? Hana frowned while her ruby eyes studied the young foal...no that wasn't it. The leaders had been stolen by another herd, the lightly shaded doe stopped a snort in it's tracks. Fascinating group...one about being skilled in staying in the shadows and stealing others...yet they couldn't even keep their leaders safe. That was why the foal was out here doing the group's dirty work, because there was no one else left to actually recruit for the group. Rolling her eyes Hana turned back to the new comer.

Hana was not normally a bitter or mean mare, she was quite the opposite actually, however this young filly had annoyed her by questioning the righteousness of her family. For Hana, that simply wasn't on. "My name is Hana, as you have no doubt have guessed I am from the Foothills." A smile was offered to the mare named Lysang. Looking at everyone crowding her Hana immediately felt sorry for her. Steeping a little closer the light doe tried to catch the other mares gaze in her ruby one. "I would be honoured as well if you accepted Apollo's invitation" another glance to Apollo with a slight chuckle. "Oh! But I am not forcing you Lysang, just trying to be of help."

Finally Hana's true personality shone through. The kind where she wanted to help everyone, please everyone and just generally be there for anyone who might need her.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
So many people. She was slowly beginning to feel uncomfortable in this Threshold. How long ago had it been since she had been found by Quil, stumbling away from his large form only to run into another mare. One who had taken her to her home in the Foothills only to have it torn from her teeth moments after joining. She had not fought then, and she was uncertain she would ever actually be able to fight.

The mare before them had extended her name, which sounded a bit like Lysang but Res couldn't be too sure. She inquired about the General comment and after the last one appeared Res allowed her voice to curl up into the trees and swirl around in the dark forest, only illuminated by the few candles and some glimpses of the moon's light. "General simply means he is a warrior. Though, he is well versed in his manners, ma'am." Res explained, having seen the young one's face light up with a smile in response to her voice.

The young one spoke of the Assassins, who she could recall a few of being located in Kaj and her's home at the moment, before speaking her name, asking if she could shorten it to Res. A gentle bob of Res's head was offered in response as she cocked her audit toward the young one, lowering her cranium a little bit. Gently, she shifted in a bit closer to Kaj's side, seeking comfort, before allowing her voice to pool back out again. "That is very smart of your mother, young one. Could you repeat your name, I didn't gather it when we came into the conversation. And, I will definitely accompany you back home." she spoke, before glancing around between everyone else.

That was when the young foal's voice pipped back up, this time speaking of the Foothills. The young one already had a bad memory of the place? She couldn't be but a few months old. The poor thing. Res's heart was tugged and pulled instantly. And, her uncertainty of the two Foothills members standing there was making her very uncomfortable. Closer to Kaj. "I don't push a specific home, ma'am. I believe I caught your name as 'Lysang' - do correct me if I'm wrong, though. Will you tell us a bit about yourself, or what you might be looking for. Perhaps, if you don't wish to join one of us, we can help you find what you are looking for..." Res offered, her voice shaking a little as she continued to allow her frame to look smaller than it actually was.

She was not a fighter. She was one to run when afraid...

God. I'm so so sorry this took so long.
._. I think everyone just got really wrapped up with all the invasion stuff that was starting to take place.
@[Lysang]

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[Image: postcopy_zpsa680ad86.png]
You see, there's this storm brewing
and it ain't stopping.

Patience was something that I had worked all my life on. I had to wait at the right moment for everything, even when my mind screamed to lurch forward and do something right then and there. When the mare titled Lysang did indeed insult my growing group, a piece of wood inside me flared into a bonfire.

Anger dwelled within me, and no longer had interest in inviting this mare into my rankings. Remarks like that had no room in this house of mine. I had mentally marked this mare for future reference. Mere dreams of others?

My icy blues turned stone cold and my jaw clenched as my neck muscles flexed. "Even a giant oak tree starts out with a falling seed, Lysang. And if you do indeed think that this is mere dreams, then you are terribly mistaken. Of course, I was as well, apparently. Afterall, what creature dictates their life on attempting to recruit rude and arrogant mares? Good day, Lysang and good luck to you."

My warm tone returned to its regular self and I addressed the others "It was a pleasure meeting you all, seriously. May we cross each other on better terms."
My tall and muscular frame moved swiftly through the crowd, backing out and with a chuckle, I went around the group, black mane and tail whipping back like a banner.

"blah blah blah."