the Rift

catch all the foxes

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
His mission was clear; find more wandering souls, searching for a place to belong, and bring them home to join their ranks. Apollo moved through the Threshold at a swift pace, honey-brown eyes lingering upon the remaining shadows and the curving paths of the trees. The eternal night still remained, much to his chagrin, but the black and white overo had immediately took notice that the weather itself was beginning to change. Nature was continuing on, trying to win against this war with the eternal darkness, and honestly, he hoped that it won. It had been too long since he had been able to speak to the trees, as they had been silenced in slumber during the duration of Frostfall.

Now, with the arrival of Birdsong, however...

It wasn't long into his venture that Apollo heard the voices of another, the soft octaves of a youngling dancing around the woods. The Earth Medic pulled up short, head snapping at attention, and he listened. Off in the distance he heard the voice go on. "... Doctor for an outcast group called the Assassins." Immediately he snorted. They were still around? Still, the voice continued, but Apollo paid it little need. Instead, he continued towards the sound of the young voice, wondering why a child was wandering around in the eternal darkness, even if they were an Assassin.

Breaking through the trees, his hooves plodding and squishing through the slowly melting snow, the unicorn stopped to survey the scene. Two were about; one, a child, probably the one that he had heard speaking before. She was a doctor? How cute. The Earth Medic snorted. The other, a mare, who smelled nothing of Helovia. A newcomer, then? Apollo dipped his head to avoid having his horn snagged on a low-hanging limb, then cleared his throat as he stepped into the open, honeyed gaze dancing from Sikeax to the newcomer.

"Beg your pardon for my intrusion," he said softly, a welcoming smile upturning his lips. The stallion's slight, clipped accent rang true when he spoke at his most eloquently. It was the voice of a gentleman, a suitable voice for a true medic. "But welcome to these lands of Helovia, stranger. My name is Apollo." Here, he dipped his head in a low greeting, tipping his crystalline horn towards the chestnut mare, "I am an Earth Medic of the Windtossed Foothills. If it is a home that you are searching, or even simply a place of respite, could I offer my home?"

He straightened, that same, kind, boyish smile playing with his lips. His eyes danced in genuine mirth and kindness, an expression that rarely left his face. "I live in a herd not far from here; the Foothills. We are so much more than just a herd, or just a group." Here, his eyes flicked to Sikeax before continuing. "We are a band, a unit, a family called the Grey, a band of mercenaries who swear allegiance to only one another. Not everyone has to dabble in the arts of warfare to join our ranks, however, for we appreciate many skills."

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
catch all the foxes - by Lysang - 08-01-2013, 04:37 PM
RE: catch all the foxes - by Sikeax - 08-01-2013, 05:46 PM
RE: catch all the foxes - by Apollo - 08-01-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: catch all the foxes - by Kaj - 08-01-2013, 07:23 PM
RE: catch all the foxes - by Resplendence - 08-01-2013, 11:22 PM
RE: catch all the foxes - by Adalaide - 08-01-2013, 11:49 PM
RE: catch all the foxes - by Lysang - 08-02-2013, 06:32 AM
RE: catch all the foxes - by Sikeax - 08-03-2013, 09:50 PM