the Rift

[PRIVATE] Singing Sorrow into Empty Air

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
      Tingal
      sometimes being unique takes it's toll

In my nightly snarling fit I had been stolen away. I had been forced to leave the cave that the pegasus had put me in. The mare that led me away didn't speak, she just led me along. I followed her, daring not to ask any questions. She her scents were mixed, so I couldn't pinpoint the exact spot she lived. I frowned a little, frustrated that I couldn't figure out where she lived. Maybe she was like me? She just wandered... but why had she stolen me?

That last question stuck in my head as we slipped into the Windtossed Foothills land. I gazed around, my eyes wandering over my surroundings. I let my eyes fall onto the mare just as she faced me, I could see her coloring, she was a dark roan... at least, she looked like a roan. She had hints of purple in her coat, and on her back was the lightest of the coloring. She had a splotch of a lighter color on her eyes, almost like a mask.

”You are no prisoner of mine, tiger. I have retrieved you not for reasons of my own, and I’m sure you’re curious as to why I have stolen you back.”

The words wandered into my sensitive ears. Looking at the mare, I listened in to see what she would say next. I wanted to know why she had brought me to the Foothills if I was no prisoner to her. What was I than?

”In these borders, there is someone very precious to me. Someone innocent and heartbroken. I’m sure you know her, she speaks of you often, and highly. Hotaru is like a daughter or a niece to me. I cannot bear to see her in such sorrow.”

When she mentioned someone innocent and heartbroken, my mind drifted to the odd colored child I had grown attached to. Finally the mare spoke the little ones name, although I doubted she was so little anymore. She turned away for a moment before turning back, speaking again.

”I did not bring you back so you could leave her again. If you hurt her, I will kill you. I have the godly gifts to do so, and I will never regret killing for Ru. Harm is not something I will threaten you with, because I will not stop at wounding you. You will die.”

I didn't think of leaving my dear Ru, not again. Never. It was a mistake, drifting away from her. I thought about her often, and I felt guilty of leaving her alone. She threatened me with her godly gifts. I widened my eyes, this mare would really kill me? Wouldn't that just break Ru even more? My thoughts were interrupted by the mare's next words.

”Just...make her happy, got it? She’s all alone now, I can only do so much in my position. I can’t stand to see her so broken...please, I beg you, just...make her smile again.”

I nodded, knowing I could make Ru happy... at least... so I hoped. And so the was alone? What about her sister, er... no, her sister is too cruel to her to make her happy. What about her mother... or her father? Couldn't they try to soothe her? Not that I didn't mind, it's just.... I didn't know how I was going to feel seeing Ru again after all that time. And suddenly familiar words whispered into my ears. I widened my eyes, and forced back the happy tears. Ru's voice had changed pitch a little, but I could still recognize it. And I could just barely smell her over the scent of the dark mare. "Ru?" I murmured, I could barely hear myself say her name I had spoken so quietly.

The dark mare talked with Ru, although I couldn't see the filly. She stepped away finally, disappearing into the shadows of the night. My gaze softened as my eyes hit the filly. She was taller, bigger, different from the last time I had seen her. Last time I had seen her, she was younger, much younger. She let out a shrill screech as she saw me, appearing as though she had seen a spirit, a ghost... something like that. She threw herself at me, tears streaming from her eyes. I let her crash into my chest, my tears sliding down my cheeks. "Hotaru... I've missed you." I embraced her, bending my neck down so I could do so. Her warm body against mine, a sweet reunion. I breathed in her sweet scent, letting it soothe me. I was finally by her side, finally with her again.

I never wanted to leave Ru's side again. Never. "I'm sorry I left you. I regret it so much. I never want to leave you again Ru, I swear." I nuzzled her, joy overpowering all other emotions. I was so happy to finally see her again, knowing it's not some illusion that's all in my head. Her familiar pink and palomino body was pressed against mine, my head pressing lightly against her body.

"Talk"
[[just reading your post made me cry as i thought about them reuniting :P]]
MoonsongStock | table by Tay

i am a king
and the world is beneath me

Messages In This Thread
Singing Sorrow into Empty Air - by Lakota - 08-02-2013, 02:44 AM
RE: Singing Sorrow into Empty Air - by Tingal - 08-02-2013, 11:57 AM
RE: Singing Sorrow into Empty Air - by Odd - 08-02-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: Singing Sorrow into Empty Air - by Kaj - 08-02-2013, 05:21 PM
RE: Singing Sorrow into Empty Air - by Hotaru - 08-06-2013, 01:23 AM
RE: Singing Sorrow into Empty Air - by Tingal - 08-08-2013, 12:37 AM