the Rift

[OPEN] My Immortal || Chemical

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky
Tonka
Tonka had been wondering in the mists for a long time now. With nothing better to do, he had begun to memorize every corner of the Edge territory. It was a very lovely place. Too bad the ones that inhabited it were such monsters. Apparently, he had come into the Dragon’s den, whatever that meant. He had never seen a dragon roam free, but only as a companion for its master. He had seen one that was a hybrid and apparently their leader could turn into a dragon (which seemed beyond the belief of the brute). He wouldn’t question them though. They were a tough bunch and Tonka had to learn how to deal with them in the most polite manner. That was going to be hard.

The air was warmer than the cold air that he had come accustom to. It was the early start of Birdsong and maybe with the start of that, the night would end and morning would once again emerge. A slight wind blew in the air, wiping the golden and black streaks of the steed’s mane. Nostrils flared as he took in a deep breath. Navy blue orbs rolled back as he closed them and exhaled before opening them back up. Tonka felt a pang of loneliness, though he always felt this way now even if there was someone around. No one liked him here and they all treated him with little respect. He had not even tried to befriend someone here, because he just knew that he would end up screwing something up, as he always did. He always found a way to screw up, even when he tried to be kind to the ones that inhabited here.

All that he knew that there were others of his here. He wanted, no he needed to find them. Just who did they take was his only question.

[[ @[Chemical] ]]

Walking "Talking" Thinking

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

I had felt isolation as of recent, being left alone in these lands. It was beautiful, I could admit. The hatred that I had for these residents currently residing in it, though dwindled, was still there. It wasn't exactly towards the residents though, but rather, just my own damn captor.

I also hated the feeling of that unknown feeling. Did Tonka move the Assassins location? Did they even know I was missing? Did they even care? I did not wish to perish and I did not wish to fade to nothing. My inky black body had faded into some trees, not to escape. Not to explore. Just for some solitary time to myself. Yes, there were probably eyes on me beyond measure, yes, I didn't quite care at all.

I sighed and stopped in front of a tree, staring at it for a few seconds, only to then push my long snout and forehead onto it, I shut my eyes and pinned my ears back, my black mane flowing down my neck and some passing over my back. I heaved another heavy sigh and my body rose and fell quickly in the process. I swished my tail once, then it returned to it's still state. My arching neck moved downwards as my head slid down the bark of the tree.

I took a deep breath and let my head slide all the way down the ground, my body soon following suit my legs steadily lowered my body onto the ground, my growing belly (now quite large indeed), was lowered carefully and I propped my neck against the tree, my head on the ground.

My eyes opened and I looked at my stomach. This foal was growing exceptionally large in my womb, or so I thought. I had never witnessed a pregnancy this big and I was beginning to wonder. That wasn't the only thing I was wondering about however regarding this. Was it a boy or a girl? What would we name him or her? Would I be here long enough so I would have to give birth in the Edge?

"I am terribly sorry for what I have done. I shouldn't have brought you into this mess. You are my child. I am your mother. Mothers aren't supposed to do this. Mothers aren't supposed to be risking it all. My irresponsibility got in the way of it all and for that, I am terribly sorry." A tear streaked down my face, thinking of how my mother treated me when my father had left... even when he was there. I had vowed to myself never to do that to my child, if I had a child. I would not break my promise.

Whatever I had to do to get my child a decent home to grow up and live in, I would do it. How? I had no clue. Whether it be being the world's biggest psycho bitch or being the world's biggest sweetheart. I was looking after another soul now that would be depending on me and this... was my own flesh and blood. I had watched my own mother go down in flames, no, I had made my mother go down in flames (I never and still didn't regret it) but I would not send my child through hell and high water.

Including now. Through the mists I heard a sound that my sensitive ears had recognized as movement from a large being; another horse or equine or whatever the hell else was in this world. I instantly heaved my heavy body up, retrieving low into the mists that had a faint white glow from the moon above. "Watch where you tread, stranger."

The footsteps had entered into my path of vision and I had not said anything until he walked beside me and I had a straight side shot of him. That posture and that color gave me an exact identity of whom I knew it to belong to. "Lest you long to get bit by a rattlesnake." My voice was venomous, but a playful venomous. My crimson orbs turned fiery and hid behind the tree halfway, my rounded abdomen sticking out too far to hide behind much of anything.
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

gas maskhorsepattern

Hidden Account
Sky
Tonka
I was alone for right now. The only thing I wanted was to be released from this hell. I just wanted to return to the Assassins and tell them that I was sorry and that I had failed them. I didn’t mean to, but I did. I wanted to see Chemical and possibly my foal, if she had given birth that is. Oh god, if I missed it for being stuck here I would truly rip the head off of Kaj. My foal wouldn’t even believe that I was its dad, I bet. It would just think that I was just some imposter. Would Chemical tell it that I had abandoned them? Left them in the dust? Oh god I hope she wouldn’t do that.

I felt like yelling out, screaming out my pain of these thoughts. Though, if I did that, I would probably just get scolded for my outburst. I stamped my front right hoof on the ground sending the earth quaking and quivering for a few seconds. I was truly alone. No one understood me here, let alone was on my side. I don’t get what I did wrong. All I did was try to steal one of theirs to make a trade for my own member that has been held captive here. Why did they just have to be so irritable here?

My eyes scanned the moonlit mist. My head was held low as I walked slowly into a destination that was unknown. I just wanted to get away, but away just seemed too far. If I didn’t get away, then what was the point of me even being here? What is the point for one to live in captivity? I wanted to escape this life that had become hell, but every time I thought of it, the faces of my group and loved ones flashed in my mind. They were the reason why I was still here.

"Watch where you tread, stranger. Lest you long to get bit by a rattlesnake."

A mare had appeared in front of me. Her cold red eyes stared down at me. She then hid behind a tree, but her stomach was too big to not be noticed. I knew who she was, but yet her name had not came into my mind yet. I slowly walked closer to the tree. “A rattlesnake can’t bite if its prey moves too quickly.” A gentle tone rung out as I peered behind the tree.

“Chemical?”

My throat went dry and the feeling of being punched in the stomach rose in me. I could not breath. I couldn’t speak. I couldn’t even walk. I was frozen in time. I was limp. A huge piece of my stone heart turned back to the flesh that was supposed to inhabit there. My head went dizzy and my knees grew weak. And then, for the first time other than when I was a foal, a tear rolled down my face.

“Chemical? They… they took you too? They took you even when you are pregnant? God damn these fucking bastards! They took you! They are pure evil here! A….are you ok? D…did they hurt you? Did then even touch you? What about the foal? Did they touch it! Please tell me that it is alright?”

I was now sobbing, tears streaming down my face. My legs began to quiver and I just felt like collapsing and waking up from this nightmare. My neck extended letting my maw softly touch the sweet face of the black Pegasus. I closed my eyes trying to squeeze the tears away.

“Oh Chemical, I am so sorry that I got you into this. I am a horrible leader. I am so sorry that our foal has to go through this too. I didn’t mean for this. I didn’t think that this would ever happen, for the both of us. I am so sorry I didn’t come to your side and defend you. I.. I didn’t know. Please forgive me!”

I scanned my maw down her body until it touched the lump of the foal. “I am so sorry, little one.” I my head then back up to Chemical’s soft maw.

[[I am sooooooo sorry for the change from 3rd to 1st person! I will go back and change it in the first post.]]

@[Chemical]

Unregistered

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

Tonka... my sweet, sweet Tonka. My crimson eyes watched as he rounded the tree, only to say my name is that voice of his. Damn that voice. Had he come to rescue me? Had he come to get us both out of this? My thoughts soared and my ears perked up, a smile growing on my face.

They took you to. I nodded slightly, my fiery red orbs dimming back to that dull crimson. I had to keep it together. I couldn't show weakness. I just couldn't! And as much as those damn tears were pulling at my eyes and punching them to set them free, I couldn't bring myself to let them stream down my face. Then my love went to pieces and that had weakened me. To the point where a single tear descended down my face but I stood strong and allowed my own maw to graze his cheek and my neck to wrap around his.

"Tonka, calm your ass down. Once Kaj stole you, I got so angry, oh so fucking angry, and I went after him. Then Vikram challenged me and I couldn't fight. I'm pregnant for God's sake. No one hurt me, and I'm fine, I really am.

Though apparently they can't get it through their thick skulls I can't fly with this extra poundage I'm carrying."
My wings extended, he probably wouldn't notice, but I wanted to show him anyways. "They just plucked my flight feathers, no big deal. They'll regrow soon." They ink black appendages were tucked back tightly. I comforted him in my own ways, embracing him, wrapping my neck around his and muzzling his shoulder. My voice was barely a whisper, and cracked a few times. I was trying to keep it together with every ounce of strength in my body.

He asked of the foal and with a sigh, I turned sideways "She or he's still kicking it. They didn't touch him or her. We're fine." I reassured him, my watery crimson orbs looking into his blue ones. I unwrapped my neck and my ears flickered and I watched as I felt something touch the side of my stomach. My body tensed but I relaxed again as I reassured myself it was only Tonka. Damn, I had grown skittish... even more.

Then he started blurbing about stupid stuff that wasn't true and I almost whacked him upside the head wing, it flexing outwards. "Tonka, shut up with the nonsense! We're fine." I dropped my wing and shook my head, my blood colored eyes locking onto his "Damn you, Tonka." My voice cracked and I rushed him, embraced him. My wings dropped limply and I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

My thoughts collected themselves, and I finally pulled away "Listen to me, my love. I want you to listen to me carefully. We cannot show weakness, alright. We can't. For the sake of our child. We have to keep our cool." I looked at him, then a smile brazed my face, as much I could muster right now. I had to stay positive, if not for me, for my child. For Tonka.

"The main thing is, we're here. Together. And we're gonna get through this hellhole." I sighed "But first, we need to focus on our child, hm? What about names, Tonka? We haven't even got names ready and I could drop any day."

@[Tonka]

gas maskhorsepattern

Hidden Account
Sky
Tonka

"Tonka, calm your ass down.”

Her words hit me like a rock to my head. But she was right, I needed to calm down and stop being so fucking emotional. This was not like me. I guess this whole stolen thing had really gotten to my head. I wasn’t even this bad at the Foothills, though they did treat me with a little more respect. But now, I was treated just some dirty scum that you would find on the bottom of ones hooves.

Anyway, the rest of her words were not as demanding. Even if they were I wouldn’t have cared. As long as I was here, with my love, I did not care what words she through at me. Even though she told me to calm down, I simply couldn’t. I just could not control myself. It was as if I was trapped.

“Chemical, as soon as they grow back, if you had your foal and can fly, fly away from here, if you would like. Go get someone to help and I will watch the foal. And thank you for trying to save me, but you shouldn’t have! If I wasn’t in this mess I would have come to your side and made sure that no one took you.”

The feeling of her neck wrap around mine was the best feeling I had ever felt before. I looked into her ruby orbs, my eyes still flowing with tears. The image of her looked so perfect right then. Her large gems staring back into mine. Oh, how I had missed that beautiful face and her wondrous crimson eyes. She unwrapped her neck around hers and then I felt her wince as I touched the side of her. The poor mare had probably gotten so wary when she came here.

"Tonka, shut up with the nonsense! We're fine."

There was the rock to me head again. She was right though. I really needed to get my head straight and stop being so fucking emotional. “I know… I really need to stop, but I just am so angry at myself.” My tears were starting to stop falling from my eyes, though they still fell from here and there.

“I will never show weakness to them unless it is totally necessary. This is the first time I have shown weakness since I have arrived. Also, when our foal is born, we need to make sure that she or he knows that this is not a good place and to be weary around here.”

My neck extended and I placed atop of hers. A tear got loose from my lapis orbs and streaked down my face before falling into the mist. I pulled my head back, staring lovingly in her red eyes as she spoke. Names she wanted? I had never named something before and what is the name I came up with is horrible? What if my child walks around with a horrible name that I came up with? It would surly get made fun of. Oh my poor child is going to get beat up if I don’t think of a good name!

“A name? Ermmm… I’m not really good at coming up with names, but I’ll try… Uhh…. Well, we could name it Bob… No that would be horrible name for it. Umm… How about Kilchii? For a boy, of course… but anyway, do you have any names in mind?”

@[Chemical]

Unregistered

"I like that... Kilchii. It's got it's own nice ring, it's fierce, I love it. If it's a girl, it needs to be equally as fierce as well though." I wracked my brain, scouring every corner and crevice to search for a name that would seem to fit. I wanted it to roll off of someone's tongue with grace and elegance but I also wanted that certain pop in it. Kilchii had nailed it and I had simply not thought of one if it was a girl.

"Perhaps, why not something sharp but elegant in a way? Perhaps... Speirling?" The combination of both a tool that could be used to send death rattling throughout ones body and cause them to expire with an ending that hinted at youth made me smile. It sounded quite perfect to me. It could fit a feisty little pistol or it could fit a complete sweetheart. Just depended on how she would turn out. This saying it was indeed a she and not a he but I had no clue. I would be happy with either as long as my child was healthy.

My crimson irises darted from the ground back to him. They were shifty, even in the company of one I loved so dearly. It was this love that brought on care and it was this love that brought on worry as well. My darting eyes looked up and down his body and it was then that I noticed he seemed nervous, anxious in a sense. He seemed so tensed up... just not the Tonka I was used to.

I stepped back twice, turned my head sideways, and sighed as I flicked my ears around me. I circled him once then proceeded to step right in front of him again and looked at him with a questioning eye. His body language, his words... it was different I guess. Then again, it might just be my eyesight in this damned mist. It might just be my senses acting up with the extra flow of hormones in my body.

"What's wrong, my love? You seem so nervous and tense," I step forward and muzzle his cheek "Different in a sense. Did they hurt you? Did someone or something hurt you? Did something happen?" And if they did, there would be hell to pay. If they had, I would find them myself and hunt them down only with a strong drive to drill my own hooves into their very chest and trample the heart that lied there.

However, I would not let those sour thoughts permeate this moment as of yet. I could be ripped away from him and never see my beloved again and I would cherish this. The muzzling moved away from him and my neck went under his, looking up at him almost as though a child would.

My inquisitive eyes looked at him with a sigh "Tell me, what have I missed?"

gas maskhorsepattern

Hidden Account
Sky
Tonka
I felt a surge of happiness run through my system as Chemical agreed to the name, Kilchii. Maybe naming foals wasn’t too hard after all. Then Chemical spoke of a name. It had the perfect ring to it. It was absolutely lovely for a filly. A smile grew on my maw. Speirling. I scanned it over in my head. It was such a beautiful name. It sounded fierce, brave and graceful all at the same time. “Speirling. It is absolutely perfect for a filly.”

If its name ended up being Kilchii or Speirling, I knew our foal would be perfect. I had to admit, I was a little afraid of being a father. The thought of my own father leaving me and my mother was torcher. I hadn’t even gotten to meet him that much. I vowed that I would not be like that to my child, but I was afraid. What if I couldn’t be the father that I wanted to be so badly for my foal? What if it hated me? The thought of it despising me made my mind cringe.

Chemical circled me, as if to be studying my whole structure. "What's wrong, my love? You seem so nervous and tense," She questioned when she was done studying me. She then nuzzled my cheek, putting a slight smile on my face. I looked into her lovely cherry orbs, but then broke eye contact quickly. What was there not to be nervous about? We were stolen in an unfamiliar place and Chemical was going to have her foal any day now.

“I am just kind of afraid that they will never let us out of here I guess. It is not like when Ophelia stole me. She told me how I could help myself and the Assassins and let me free. Here, they are not as kind as she was to me. And other than the challenge that brought me in here, they did not hurt me. Do not worry, my love. Nothing is bothering me other than being held here by my will.”

She pulled away, the soft warm of her moved away from my cheek. The sound of delightful bells came out of my darling’s maw once again, asking me to tell her what she had missed. I looked into her red pools. I reacted out to touch her forehead with the end of my maw, nuzzling her, but then taking it away. I loved badk into her eyes and spoke with a gentle and caring voice

“You want to know what you have missed? I will be honest then. You have missed my ass getting kicked by Kaj in the challenge. Not too long ago, Hestia came down and tried to set up peace with the Edge, but that did not work. Nothing to dreadful or embarrassing happened from then on that you have missed.”

[[ @[Chemical] ]]

Unregistered

[[Apologies on the delay. :/]]

"We have nothing to worry about. Believe me, we won't be in this hellhole forever. One way or another, I suppose." I sighed, crimson eyes looking up into his "But I don't think we need to try anything risky, yes?" My inky black body brushed against his and my ears flickered, one swiveling to him and the other to my surroundings.

He explained what happened and another deep breath erupted from my chest, stepping back from him. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it appears as if the odds just aren't in our favor lately are they?" I raised my head then lowered it again. I drew my eyebrows together "I don't believe I've met Hestia before. When we get out of this mess, we need to have a meeting. Address ourselves and become more of a group."

{I'm typing this on m phone so bear with me for any typos please.]]

gas maskhorsepattern

Hidden Account
Sky
Tonka
“We should not try anything risky. We just need to keep our heads up, and show that we are not weak. But, we need to listen to them. They could have our heads if we don’t.”

My blue eyes gazed into her red orbs. Her charcoal body brushed up against mine. I smiled, taking in her warmth. I took in a deep breath, and then released it. I was sort of relaxed right now. It was only me, and my Chemical.

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it appears as if the odds just aren't in our favor lately are they?"

My love’s voice rang out. What she spoke was true. Nothing went the way we wanted it to in these times. But why? We did nothing wrong. I mean, I understand why I had been taken. Attempting to take a child was just way too far. But why was my love taken? All she wanted to do was save me. I guess that just something they did not understand here.

“The odds do seem to not be with us. Maybe it is because of the befallen darkness?” I gave a slight grin and looked down at the ground for a few seconds. I then looked back up and into the bloody pools of Chemical. “And we do need to call a meeting. We have much to discuss with our group. I just hope everyone’s holding it together while we are gone. I wonder if someone has been leading for us while we are gone.”

[[ @[Chemical] ]]