the Rift

[OPEN] I Am Nothing Without Pretend

Hecatia Oer'Sour Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hecatia Oer'Sour

Just an outline made of skin,
And my walls are paper thin

Wandering away from family never a good idea or safe if one was in an unknown land. Especially for a blind horse in an unknown land. But eventually a family member would notice them missing. In Hecatia's case it would be Adrixaura or Sikeax. And when they did notice her sister would most likely hunt her down. Her reason for wandering away was simple, she was avoiding her sisters questions. Questions that probed too deeply for her liking. Especially if the young ears of Sikeax were around. Where the red tinted bay was she did not know. But she knew it wasn't home in the cold snow where her sister had taken her. She knew she was rising though, and with careful steps. For she had felt the road narrow and had nearly slipped to any possible danger below. Cuts and scrapes covered her knees and chest from these missteps and tripping over the rocks she did not expect. At points on the path she could swear it grew wider than before and then narrow again. Deadly narrow. What would her dear sister do if Catia slipped and fell? She would most likely blame herself. Blindly reaching out with her hoof she could feel soft grass. Had she come to the top? It was a good question, because she didn't know. All she could see was black. Like her eyes were permanently closed. Adrixaura...I'm sorry. Lost, in the permanent dark of the world. Her ears and nose the only compass she had. Hecatia's steps were high, like someone was pulling strings to lift them. High and slow, unsure where to step. And with good reason, the wounds on her knees and chest already burned from tripping over the rocks on the path. One more misstep and she could possibly die or acquire more injuries to wound her sister with. Stop here Catia. The conscience in the back of her head speaking to her. The bay femme continued to walk forward however, until she was sure there was no way for her to fall off or onto the narrow path she had climbed up. Lowering herself to the ground her ears twitched, listening for any sign of life besides herself and the birds. The distorted blue eyes in her cranium blinked though it made no difference as to whether she would see or not. In the silence of the night, or day(she couldn't tell), she could hear her breathing and heart beating in her chest. Rhythmic and slow.

Movements and thoughts here
"Speech"
OOC: Open, Seen how she's blind I left the ending abrupt because she wouldn't see anyone or anything that showed up.
419 words.