the Rift

[OPEN] Afterglow

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

The mare beside Ampere acts like a slowly burning candle setting sweet smoke into the air. Such is the spotted one's calm that it elicits similar in Ampere, a welcome relief to the tension of fear.
Her words flow in just as soothing a fashion, the way water pours over a field long dried up. Although they do not hold the answers that would be a true balm to the open sore of not-knowing, they at least relieve the ache of it. It brings a growing smile to Ampere's lips.

"Mmm, I figured as much. Was worth a shot to ask though..." Ampere admitted, trailing off with a subtle sigh that exhaled into the dark. The mare's next words brought Ampere's attention back, her head tilting to the side to watch the appaloosa with mild interest.
Her feet hurt.

"There's only so many reasons why you'd be needing to know that answer, especially to ask my affiliation before my name," Ampere proffered a toothy grin, some of the mischief she normally carries lighting back in her face. "But I've got nothing to hide one way or another. I live the free life on my own." She grew instantly more cautious of the spotty mare now, regardless of her affections for her and her mellow words, there was something at hoof now and that always made her wary. It was not often you met kindness without soon running into something mean.
What is she up to? Ampere couldn't help but wonder, selfishly forgetting about the tribulations of the dark world in favor of her own personal dilemmas.

"It's Ampere by the way, my name."
She was determined to find out.

Just then another new voice joined the fray, but it lacked the same warmth that the other mare had joined with. Instead this girl's tone was prickly and somewhat condescending; it tried to bolster a wisdom that Ampere wasn't so sure the mare could attest to.
Particularly not when she recognized her.

"YOU!" Ampere shouted, shoving off the wall and back onto all four feet, a pattern of pain wrinkling her face briefly before the anger carved it back elseway. The feathers along her wings bristled and lifted to twice their normal size, the appendages themselves unwrapping slightly off Ampere's backside in a threatening posture.

Ampere didn't actually recognize the mare as much as she remembered the unfortunate griffon sailing through the air after a well-timed strike by the lava monster. It drove a snarl onto the mare's features, her teeth gleaming dangerously in the light of the moon.
"How dare you waltz in her speaking of damnation when it's you that will rot first for the cruelty you subject that animal to." Ampere's voice was tight with bridled hatred, her eyes narrowed into blue blades that gleamed more like honed ice instead of calm seas. "If you've nothing left to believe in I can offer a suggestion - hope that I'm tired."

Ampere lunged, teeth snapping for the mare's delicate face.

[Did you still wanna spar Wanda :o]

L EAVE THE PAST BEHIND, WALK AWAY | AND THE CRACKS BEGIN TO S HOW

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Afterglow - by Ampere - 08-03-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: Afterglow - by Adalaide - 08-04-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: Afterglow - by Ampere - 08-04-2013, 10:32 PM
RE: Afterglow - by Adalaide - 08-05-2013, 12:37 PM
RE: Afterglow - by Hespera - 08-05-2013, 11:30 PM
RE: Afterglow - by Ampere - 08-06-2013, 12:03 PM
RE: Afterglow - by Adalaide - 08-07-2013, 09:19 AM
RE: Afterglow - by Ampere - 09-04-2013, 11:52 PM
RE: Afterglow - by Adalaide - 09-07-2013, 12:38 PM
RE: Afterglow - by Ampere - 09-10-2013, 12:57 PM