the Rift

[OPEN] 3... 2... 1... lift off,

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

The young girl reminded him very much of himself when he had first begun to fly. It was always an ungraceful business when one started learning, but it quickly progressed to something natural and easy. This filly was meant to fly, as was the rest of her species, and soon enough she would get the hang of it just like so many others. Of course, the darkness did little to improve visibility and learning conditions, but nonetheless he would do his best to help her. Provided one approached it with the appropriate personality, almost anything was possible.

“Of course I can,” Murdock smiled down at her, taking a step back to allow her some space to arrange herself. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Amara and Sameira,” he added hesitantly, taking a glance at the young hellhound as it barked at him once more. He had no doubt that the girl could keep her dog under control, but he was still wary of the creature. He was not scared of many things, but after one too many unpleasant experiences with vicious canines, he wasn’t letting his guard down.

As Amara lifted herself to her feet, the soft sound of footfalls drew Murdock’s attention behind them. Another filly approached, this one lacking both wings and a horn, but wearing a bright smile upon her face. He nodded to the paint in greeting, stepping back and turning to face her. “Nice to meet you, Harmony. I’m Murdock,” he dipped his head in a slight bow. “I’m going to be helping Amara learn to fly. You’re more than welcome to watch if you wish.”

Turning back to the young chestnut, he stepped up to her side. “Give it another try. This time, try to keep your weight centered and stretch your wings out as far as you can,” he opened his wings to demonstrate, spreading his feathers apart to increase the surface area. “Take a running start, and once you think you’ve gained enough speed, open up your wings. I’ll be right beside you,” he nodded to her, taking a step down the hill. “Don’t think about it too hard. It should come naturally.” He offered a smile to Harmony, stretching out his muscles as he waited for Amara to lead the way.

"talk talk talk"

[ Running low on muse D: Next post will be better! ]

If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

Image Credit
x

Messages In This Thread
3... 2... 1... lift off, - by Amara - 08-03-2013, 11:37 PM
RE: 3... 2... 1... lift off, - by Murdock - 08-04-2013, 12:47 AM
RE: 3... 2... 1... lift off, - by Harmony - 08-04-2013, 02:09 AM
RE: 3... 2... 1... lift off, - by Amara - 08-14-2013, 12:43 PM
RE: 3... 2... 1... lift off, - by Murdock - 08-25-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: 3... 2... 1... lift off, - by Amara - 09-05-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: 3... 2... 1... lift off, - by Murdock - 09-17-2013, 10:08 PM