the Rift

[OPEN] Crunch, munch
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Your heart strikes the gold in me
Fina soared on ahead, scouting for meaty nourishment. We are hunting, or at least she was; without magical fire my dear bonded had entered a state of cranky depression, a depression that seemed to be lessened only by the joys of eating—and what a bloody joy it was. No matter that her killing made my stomach clinch unhappily. Even when some semblance of my magic returned, hers didn’t. We both realized it would be a long time before everything had returned to normal, so I spent my days making the best of what was to be had.

She spotted something fluttering by, like an airborne projectile Fina took off after it with inborn raptor like speed. Those talons took a split second to extend before I faintly saw amber wings bunch up, she jerked and snagged some helpless creature from the sky. I could feel an immense amount of glee behind her captor and even ecstasy when she carried her prey to a nearby tree. At least one of us was enjoying our time spent away from home, “Don’t let it suffer,” my lips quivered into a frown when the soft sounds of muffled crying came from the beast that was still lashed inside her talons. Fina glanced down at me and smirked in my mind with a soft coo as if to reassure me, “No… hurt.” Her lips closed around what I guessed to be its head, I restrained from grimacing and merely turned my back so I could face the dark forest instead. Eyes didn’t have to watch, but it was hard to block out the sound.
Credits

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

As a kid, my days were spent mostly on adventures and sleeping. Sleeping isn't much of my thing, but in the moonlight, sleep was calling my name. I rolled over, dreams going through my mind as playing and going on adventures with Amara. My dreams were exactly what were supposed to be for children like myself. My uncle wasn't around much anymore, and even though I had better things to catch my attention, I sort of missed him. Mom hasn't returned from her 'business' yet, but it's for sure she'll be back pretty soon. She always comes back pretty fast.
When my eyes finally fluttered open, there was a mouse beside me. Warm winds had come in just a while ago, and along with it, came new animals. I smiled at it, watching it move through the grass and mud caused by the melting snow. Amusement filled my pale blue eyes, the grey flecks inside them seeming to light up. I think about that time I was going to stand up and chase it through the grass (I needed to work on my speed if I was ever going to be an amazing Assassin, though healing is my favoured profession) when that happened.
It was a bird, a very beautiful bird, who came out of nowhere in one of those 'HOLY CRAP, WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!' moments. They frightened me fairly well, but in my childish things still in me, my attempted scream in the haze of fright and terror came out as a squeak. I shook my small head at the squeak, no one would hear it, right? No one ever cares when something squeaks, right? It could just be brushed off as a mouse in the grasses. The haze that clouded my brain seemed to just wash out when finally I heard a voice. It was soft and the night seemed to try to mask it, but I still caught it. My ears went forward, curiousity sparking in my eyes. The pale blue glow from my short (but still growing) horn was enough light to see my way through the grasses, and to the owner of the voice.
Standing up is no longer a problem to me, except with my legs at an awkward point with my body, there's always the chance of falling over, and smacking my face into the mud. And then my precious horn, the most prized possession mounted to me that was one of the first things for me to veiw as a newborn, would fall off. Just like 'plop', like life wasn't going to give a care that I was going to be hornless like Mom. A lot of times I wondered what Mom's horn did look like, but something else always seemed to catch my attention in the middle of my thinking time that I forgot to ask her. I gues right now I'm sort of forgetting that a pretty bird just flew out no where and killed the mouse I saw, probably making it into dinner/breakfast (who knows what time it is now? I sure don't.), and the voice in the darkness. I must investigate.
Whatever dirt might of stuck to my Amber Champagne coat was gone, and with the flick of my feather duster tail that had a blue circle marking on my butt that was turning the base a dark blue, I went to looking around for that bird. There they were, right in a nearby tree. A grin spread across my face as I thought of meeting something as unique as that bird. Hope sparked a fire in my chest, excitement roaring through my chest like wildfire before I saw the winged man.
The winged man was actually pretty handsome, and for a change of things, he wasn't ubber tall like everyone else. He was still taller than me, and he might be a girl, I can't tell either way, but I'll find out soon. He was black and white like Mom, but had a pattern that reminded me of Dad. No, he didn't have a horn. Did his fall off like Mom's, and in replacement, he took some feathers from a bird and made himself some giant wings out of them? A giggle, a girly giggle might I say, came out of me at that thought. They seemed pretty well attached to his body, though that was as good as I was sure they were a man and had a weiner.
With a skip and a hop, and then a fall that landed me straight on my face (Not my precious horn!), I got pretty close to him that I could get back up to my feet and walk over in a good manner. Before I returned to the land of those who stood up, there was the check. The check was making sure that I still had a horn on my face whenever I fell down. I'm not sure what it would take to just knock it off, but I don't think I need to take chances. So, here's my check.
Is it there?
Check.
Okay, back to business, guys.
I got back to my hooves through the awkwardness my body put me through and went up to him. A smile covered my face, blue glow from my horn splashing over my face to give me a more eerie look. I'm no demon, but at times, I think Uncle Tonka probably thinks I am because he's so much fun to drive nuts. I made some eye contact with him, sort of still curious of the pretty birdy that went by and killed Bob(the mouse. I named him with prettiness.). Winged man was my main event here, but I want to see that bird. Mostly for the revenge of Bob.
"Hi, I'm Sikeax. Can you help me? I was sleeping earlier and when I woke up, my friend Bob, the mouse, was right beside me, and that suddenly, that pretty birdy over in that tree over there just swooped down and took him! They kidnapped Bob! Would you help me rescue Bob, and then maybe we all could play together?"
You better help me save Bob, Mr. Winged Man. I want him back after that evil birdy kidnapped him. Bob had a family, I'm for sure. His wife's name would of been Terry, and then Bob and Terry would of had kids named Cinderella, Hons, Ashlee, Prince Charming, and so forth. So, lets rescue Bob and make sure the Bob family is happy.
Isn't too much to ask, is it?

OOC: Hope you don't mind me popping in!

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.

A N T H E I A
beauty is what is on the inside, not the outside

I traveled to the Thistle Meadow once again, the warming breeze hitting my coat softly and the moon shining down on my frame. I didn't have to walk very far to meet up with a black and white stallion, and a strange looking creature. It had the form of some kind of bird, a large one indeed, but it was also lit with flames of a fire. How does it not burn to death? I wondered inside my dome. The bird seemed to light up the night with golden flares of fire. I wanted to know more about this animal, for it was awe-inspiring. Though, I was also curious of the one that seemed to be bonded to it. He was very muscular and handsome certainly, but he seemed to be down, like he wasn't as happy as he should be.

I watched as the bird chased after something wobbling around on the ground, swooping down and catching it in it's sharp hooks. Once the bird landed in a tree, I walked up to the stallion with pride and happiness. "Hello?" I smiled and dipped my head in his direction. "I am Antheia, one of many that call the World's Edge home." A firm smiled stood on my muzzle, refusing to leave it's permanent place. My orbs switched from the Pegasus stallion to the fire bird once again. I wished to ask so many questions about the magnificent bird that had landed on the branch of a tree, but then I would seem unpleasant and I didn't want that at all.

As I waited for the good ole mister winged buddy here to reply, a small hybrid filly popped out of no where. I was surprised but then I settled down and listened to her words. Ah, so that's what the fire bird took. I chuckled. What a sweet thing she was, and must her mother be proud to have a such filly, I know I would. "If there is anything I can do at all, I would be glad to help." I smirked and dipped my dome, turning to the creature sitting in the tree.

tag; @[Midas] && @[Sikeax]
word count; 358
ooc; I love little Sikeax. <3 She's so cute!

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Fina chewed her way through flesh and small bones quickly enough, she was content for only a moment before said creature was gone and that raptor face had risen again. Something so small was really only suitable for a snack. Aqua eyes scanned the area for other helpless animals to prey on, but it was a young foal that came front and center upon a stern attention. Her soft hiss and mental image of said foal trampling through the thin bush came into my mind as a sort of warning. I glanced in the direction she seemed focused on, and noticed a strange luminance drawing near. The glow was similar to the silver blue trees that littered the Threshold, “Hi,” a small voice chirped up and the fluorescence child came into view. “I’m Skieax,” she said, and before I could muster so much as a smile the youth went into a ramble that started with a question, “Can you help me?”

‘Oh joy’, I thought with restrained frustration. Both brows knitted together in vexation after she had spun a rather coincidental tale of woo, my gaze shifted to Fina who was staring down at the chocolate colored filly indifferently. We knew that, ‘bob,’ wouldn’t be with us anymore; she was going to remain silent and let me do the hard work of telling Skieax the bad news. Who would have guessed that a mouse might have an owner? Before anything else could happen, another figure stumbled onto the scene. A patched lady who bore the essence of our sister clan, The Edge. I straightened and tried to force a half smile in response to her greeting, though it came out as more of a sulky smirk. Fina scoffed and looked away, likely searching for more things to eat while I would converse with cousins of sort. “Hello,” the lady called, so not to be rude I responded, “Well met. I'm Midas.” For a brief moment I wondered if this lady was said child’s dame, but a quick assessment of their scents and moonlit appearance lead me to believe that such a direction was false.

“If there is anything I can do at all, I would be glad to help,” there wasn’t much that anyone could do at this point, dejected I replied softly, “My thanks Lady Antheia, though I afraid there is nothing to be done.” Turning back to the child I mustered a gentle beam that wasn’t entirely forced. It would seem my softer side had been dimmed over the past few weeks of darkness, “I cry your pardon Sikeax, I’m afraid my bonded didn’t just steal Bob, she…” I pause, searching for the right words. Why could I just say that Fina ‘ate’ Bob? “Your friend can’t be with you anymore,” purposely Fina chirped and a rumbling sound that might be called a 'burp' emitted from her chest. “His friend, tasty, but dead.”

OCC: Fina doesn't have fire on her right now. She doesn't have any magic during this plot ^^;
Credits

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I am a child, and death isn't exactly a thing I understand the best. When the bright bird came out of nowhere and took Bob, I hadn't known that he was going to die. I thought she was taking him to her house in the tree for dinner, for a dinner party, when actually, he happened to be dinner. There wasn't much time for me to figure out the true meaning of this when a mare appeared, having a soft voice and a pretty name. Instantly, she had my favours. I liked her, and maybe I could make a friend out of her. Oh, that would be amazing. I had friends, yes, and Amara would always be my 'bff' or best friend forever, but shucks, I need more than one friend!
"Hi Midas and Antheia! I'm Sikeax, but you can call me Sia." It could seem that I wasn't very bothered by my friend's sudden disappearance. I hadn't really got to know him very well, I was just sleeping and then he came along, and a few seconds after that, he was dead. Poor Bob, he didn't have much of a good life. Whenever Antheia spoke, I heard something that sparked a bit of curiousity in me. World's Edge.
Mom talked about the Edge sometimes, saying that's where my Uncle Tonka was at. Maybe this mare would be able to tell me how he was doing, and ask him when he was coming back. She might even be nice enough to tell him that I miss him and that he better return home soon because Mom's stories really do suck. His are much more interesting than her's, and if I have to hear one more, then I might be sick. Bleh.
She offered help, and I thought it was nice. Before I was able to ask her for help rescuing Bob, Midas said his 'bonded' had eaten him. Bonded? What does that mean? I surely most know, it sounds so interesting just to hear the world itself. How did he become 'bonded' to that bird? The bird was very beautiful, yes, and he was very handsome and seemed so nice, that I think I could maybe ask the question as of what it meant. My longing for knowledge will begin with him tonight, and then maybe will go to Antheia.
"Midas, what do you mean by bonded? How are you bonded to the pretty bird who ate Bob?" At the end of my question, there was the sound of a 'burp' from the bird. My eyes showed annoyance, being a bit angry about my friend just being eaten like that. Seriously, he had a family and you had to kill him! What will they do when they need to make money?
What is money, anyway?
There was still curiousity as of what the Edge was, and I needed to know. Please tell, Antheia. "What is the World's Edge, Antheia? My mom says my Uncle Tonka is there right now, and would you be able to tell him something for me? Would you please tell him that I miss him a lot and that he needs to come home soon? Mom isn't very good at telling stories like he is, and I want another." Yes, another story. Maybe if I am adorable enough, I might be able to beat a story out of one of them. Midas looks as if he might have pretty amazing ones, just by the looks of him. I want to be like him, looking like the world isn't going to take me down. New role model? Sure, whatever. He's cool to me.

OOC: Also, Sia's name is spelt Sikeax. It's sort of difficult to spell, so I'm not offended if you accidently miss spell it. <3

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.
A n t h e i a

No help, huh? Oh yes, because the thing is dead. Though, I guess you would call that the way of life but I sure didn't like that bird being so rude to a poor little filly. I knew that the bird had to eat, but take it else where please? It isn't nice to take away a friend and just eat it in front of the helpless little thing. Gosh.

"Well met. I'm Midas" Hey there Midas, did you notice your little birdie friend there just ate a child's friend? I snorted and then dipped my dome in his direction. "Nice to meet you Midas." I spoke in a friendly tone then turned my gaze to the filly. Such a sweet thing, she didn't even seem to be pierced by the fact that a bird swooped down and ate her friend.

Oh how I wished to be a foal again. Those were the kinda days I enjoyed, but now I was getting older by every minute and I dreaded every second. Why could nature do such a thing? I would soon have a beard! Wait, I thought the guys only grew beards? Or maybe we all do. But still, I did not want a beard. Ugh, it produced so many bad thoughts inside my head that I can't even stand.

My dome shook and I listened to the filly rumbling on about an 'Uncle Tonka'. "I don't think I've met him yet sweetie. But I promise to deliver your message." I chuckle and nudged her softly. She was just too cute not to cuddle with, I just wanted to bundle her up and take her home with me. But I think not, that might get me in trouble that I wouldn't be able to get out of.

I smiled at the two, my orbs gazing over their coats. I couldn't help myself, they were both just so stunning. I could barely blink, my eyes not wanting to remove their pretty little pupils from their frames.

"blah blah blah."
wc - 339 words
ooc - It's my bedtime. x.x
tag - @[Midas] & @[Sikeax]

DevArt
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Midas
The filly had repeated her name for Antheia’s sake; accented with all the energy that foals seemed to be ceaselessly powered by. Such are the joys of youth; imagine if all adults processed that kind of endurance? Bouncing to another topic, our kiddy turned back to me asking a curious question. I was relieved that her mind moved forward instead of back, thankfully she didn’t seem very upset about Fina’s accidental preying, “Midas, what do you mean by bonded? How are you bonded to the pretty bird who ate Bob?”

I heard a cackling in the trees, a certain bird was finding our conversation more amusing than usual. Ignoring said sound, I smiled brightly at Sia and said, “Well…” I started, thinking about how to explain it in a simple manner, “Our minds were linked together by magic, on her hatch day. She can hear my thoughts, and I hers.” It was curious that a Helovia foal wouldn’t have been told about bonding by guardians; it was one of my favorite pastime stories during those awkward months of being a colt. “It is an old magic which binds our souls to companion animals, sometimes the Gods themselves fashion the tether. Another question emerged, though this one was for the Edge mare; I listened quietly. Tonka wasn’t a name I knew, though I’m sure Ktulu was aware of him.
When they had finished talking, I piped up a question of my own, “Where are your parents Sia?” Being an overly concerned parent with Cera and the rest of my children, I knew that surely this filly had someone who was likely beside themselves with worry.
Credits