the Rift

[OPEN] Anew
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Image Credits

MIDAS</style>
 Break apart the letters and read between the lines</style>

I had been hiding from them. All of them, this world was potentially a very dangerous place—perhaps more dangerous then my homeland. So, I lingered in a zone that was full of fire and wonder; fire was familiar. The Heart was like a playground for adults, nobody came here usually; they were all afraid of the heat. It was open and very warm so when the sun went away and the sky was dipped in a black canvas—I rejoiced. It was the happiest moment of my life, finally, the time had come for me to reemerge in this foreign landscape. Anew. I breathed out the stale hot air, my lips twisted into a crooked smile.

“Looks like I get a front row seat this time.”

Stepping around the burning places beneath my feet, I maneuvered with skillful practice. I would have left the moment their sky turned into endless night, but my powers—they failed me; crumbled me. So, again my time was bid into a state of restless waiting. Finally though, weeks later, months later, energy and magic alike returned—I ventured away from the heat and stepped onto the edge of a moonlite world. From a distance the land looked lovely cloaked in silver, and had my soul not been so twisted the sight might have softened me for a moment. Instead, it made me laugh. This was only the beginning for them, and I would get to watch it all. Perhaps they would kill each other off, save the riches of this world for those that had been wise enough to stay away. Somewhere in my dark little soul I felt a snagging doubt, as if my own days had suddenly become numbered.

OOC: Doppelganger Midas

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

The thing had come from nowhere, climbed from the pits of hell to terrorize the earth. The giant lizard that spewed smoke and bled fire. The demon... it had been just her luck to stumble through the Heart on her way from Throat to Edge and find the thing standing there. And she had been scared and useless and frozen in place. And then she had dared to attack the lizard and ended up only with bruises. It was a terrible day in her life, and the week wasn't getting much better.

Bruised and battered and at her wits end from the constant fright, Kahlua had hidden in the safety of the brush surrounding the Heart for several days. But eating dry grasses wouldn't keep her alive, even though spring and the moon had both returned. Crawling from the brush on the south side of the Heart, the normally perfectly manicured paint mare was a mess of mud and dirt and tangled hair. Her movements were stiff. The entirety of her right side was rather bruised from a stupid attack she had made on the lizard and she was paying for it now.

As she crawled out her eyes fell on the form of a stallion. His painted form caught her eye, though more impressive were his massive wings. Nevertheless, the mare was not in the mood. Where she was normally bright and cheery, happy to meet any stranger she might come across, today she was depressed and angry and still rather frightened. Today she was hurting and just wanted to be alone. “Sir,” she said softly and in a tone that made her sound as burdened as the gods themselves. She walked (albeit very slowly) ahead, her eyes on the ground and neck parallel to the ground. Her path around him was wide- fear from the meeting with the lizard making her more cautious than normal.
God, just leave me alone. Please, oh please, oh please just let me keep on walking. Let me go home and curl up in a circle and die. Or sleep until I recover. I need to find Smoke. I need to sleep in a place that's safe and not full of monsters. I need to remember to find Onni and thank her. I need a lot of things. But what I don't need is conversation. I'm sure you're lovely, but for the sake of the gods, please let me be!

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

H a r m o n y
peace begins with a smile..

One again, Harmony's young legs carried her to Helovia's Heat. She liked this place, for it provided the warmth she lacked when her mother wasn't by her side. She wasn't afraid to be away though, not by any means. She was somewhat joyous, being out and the possibility of meeting new beings was amazing in her eyes. She walked on towards the place she had visited once before. Suspecting no one to be there, she was caught by surprise when she came across two beings. Ahh, look at those wings! She exclaimed to herself, not letting it out though. The beauty of the things wings were so startlingly beautiful, she couldn't tear er orbs from them... After a few moments, she walked on, toward the next one, this one a horse, a painted one like her. A smile danced upon her kissers as she recognized her, Kahlua! The first she had met here at Helovia.

Her smile slowly fading into a frown as she noticed how battered the mare was. Cantering past the stallion with the wings, she stopped by Kahlua's side, looking down at her.

" Kahlua! Dear Kahlua! How battered you are! "

Harmony muttered in shock, before laying next to her and pressing her small body against Kahula.

" It is I, Harmony. You met myself, and Antheia in teh Threshold, at my welcoming to Worlds Edge. I have wished to see you again, but not in this state. No need to talk back, I am here for you. I will find you help, my dear friend. "

She nickered softly, trying to comfort the bruised mare beside her. She whipped her head towards the stallion.

" Hello. I am Harmony. This mare needs some immediate care, do you know any body close by, or within a few moments reach? I am worried. She is my friend. Please help..."

She spoke with urgency, but kindness, begging with her eyes that he will respond with something hopeful.

@[Midas] @[Kahlua]

"blah blah blah."

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Image Credits

MIDAS</style>

One couldn’t call me beautiful, not with all these scars littering my pelt. Cranium was set with hard gems that never seemed to soften for the likes of anyone or anything. A steel collar that had scuff marks from previous wars hung around my shoulders like a dog tag. I might not be pretty, but I surely wasn’t the most hideous creature—at least not physically. When the painted girl passed me by, I scoffed at her glance. It took every ounce of willpower to not snarl when she said, “Sir,” and snap at how the woman looked away as if severely wounded and afraid. All I could think was, no respect these days, women have no respect. Back home a woman was trained to bow their head forward and regard a male for at least moments more than that wrench did. Men were also trained to do the same, a sort of respect for a common desire. To live. What had happened to this stupid soul, why did she look so crestfallen?

It was also then that I noticed her lack of wings, my lids slipped up in surprise. I had been told that all the genetically impure ones had perished; they simply couldn’t survive a hostile environment filled with dragons and other species that bore both claw and wing. Ivory feathers slipped from my side and not very kindly I grumbled, “Aye Sir, at least you didn’t go off running for the hills when your eyes saw me.” Taking a bold step in her direction I added, “What the hell happened? Did your family lose a war? Die maybe? A male try and take advantage of your…female…capabilities.” My tone grew purposely husker toward the end. Why not shake her up a little? When was the last time I had dished out some fun? Smirking my ears cocked themselves further forward, eager to hear the whispering tale that would surely come from those pretty lips.

Suddenly the wrench was followed by a babe. A little painted girl. Ah, how sweet. I grinned at her, showing all of my brilliant yellow teeth. “It is I, Harmony.” She said to the poor, poor soul that hadn’t spoken up yet to answer my question, “Hello. I am Harmony.” She said again and I grimaced, did this idiotic filly think that my ears were useless? “I can hear you just fine, no need to repeat your name more than once impure one.” The girl had asked for my help? What the hell was I supposed to do to help a mare that obviously couldn’t help herself? “No,” I whispered with a sly smile, “this is a volcanic place, people don’t often visit and I have no friends in this world." Grinning from ear to ear I added lightly, “If it would suit you instead, I could…put her out of her misery. It would almost be a kindness if you believe her pain is so great that she needs ‘Instant’ attention.”

Image Credits

“Aye -Sir-, at least you didn’t go off running for the hills when your eyes saw me.” A sigh fell from her lips and her ears perked to his voice but she did not move her head. Had she been a dog her tail would have been so far between her legs you wouldn't have been able to see it. As it was, she wished to cower and hide, but it was hard to hide in the volcanic wasteland of the Heart. It was not until he stepped towards her that she stopped and turned to him. Slowly, her eyes widened. She had not seen his scars, she had not seen the steel collar that hung from his shoulders. And the eyes- the golden eyes with no pupils. If she hadn't directly been scared of him before, she was now.

“What the hell happened?” That was the question for the ages. Did her family lose a war? Not exactly. Die? As far as she knew, yes. But not here, not now. A male take advantage of her? That was one thing she wasn't afraid of. Normally she flaunted her beauty every step she got. So, wild-eyed as she was, his husky tone was one thing that didn't bother her. Still, she watched him intensely. She opened her mouth to speak, hoping to the gods that answering him would abate his desire to harass her. Before she could, a filly burst onto the scene.

How battered you are! Kahlua wanted to smile for the filly, to reassure her that she would be alright, but fear of the stallion kept her attention primarily on him. As the filly pressed against her side the painted mare winced in pain from the pressure on the bruises. Stepping away from the filly as the little one's voice carried on, Kahlua lowered her nose to try and touch the filly's poll for a moment, all the while keeping her sight on the stallion. “I remember you, little one,” she managed to murmur somewhere amidst the filly's rushed words. “And I will be fine,” she said. There was no need to invite unwanted attention from the scar-ridden stallion.
“Impure one.” Is that what you think us stallion? I don't even know anymore. Maybe we are. I should have slunk back to the shadows when I saw you. I should have remained silent, I should have gone the other way. Anything but come this way. And I see you now, and you're going to do something terrible. I just know it. I don't know what yet... I'm not that smart. But please, for the love of everything, don't hurt me more!
“No.” The stallion's cold refusal to help her caused her to step back another pace. He was making her uncomfortable and her eyes widened more as he eagerly offered to end her life. “My pain is not that great,” she said quickly and brusquely. There was an edge to her voice that betrayed her fear. She had never been great at hiding things. “There was no war upon my family, none of those I call family died.” She hurried on quickly, hoping he would give her chance to speak.

“There was a lizard, a massive lizard. As long as twenty horses or more. Perhaps only as tall as two, but he was monstrous! He crawled from the fire.” Nodding towards the fire pit beyond the stallion, she paused to take a breath before rushing on again. “His insides were made of fire and his back spouted steam. He was great and terrible, but we took him down.... They took him down.” To be truthful, she really hadn't been much help. The telling of her story had caused her breath to quicken as the feelings and emotions associated with the event came back to her. She probably sounded like a raving lunatic; she would have thought she was, except for the bruises that littered her side. Then she winced, guessing what was to come. Surely the stallion would not leave her be. That was always the way of the world.

@[Harmony]

Deceased
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Harmony rose and stamped her foot. Her small frame heaving as she took deep breathes in attempt to calm herself down. She took a few paces forward, and stood nose to nose with the scared stallion.
" Dear Stallion, why do you have to be so bland, so disrespectful and deceiving? Get it into your thick skull that she just needs help. I have no means of being disrespectful. But please, I beg you to have some feelings and be nice for once."
She snorted and looked back to her friend Kahlua.
" Kahlua, obviously this stallion has no intent to help you. "
She whipped her dome around to stare at him with her harks flattened to her dome. The look in her eyes was one of fury, disappointment. She looked back to Kahlua, her eyes still harsh as ice.
" DO you wish to go home? I would be happy to walk you back, provide you support. "
If ones orbs where shielded, they would think Harmony is far older than her actual age. She has only spent one year with her clefts upon this earth, but she had experienced so many things, it gave her much maturity and large vocabulary. She will grow up to be the most magnificent equine she could be.

How dare this stallion disrespect me, and Kahlua. Fine. Then I shall not have any respect for him. As mother said to me, respect is a two way street. Not a one way. It goes both ways. You can't expect it, but not give it. I just have to keep my cool... Thoughts spun through her mind, quietly describing her feelings for this situation...
"blah blah blah."

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Image Credits

MIDAS</style>

I chuckled. It would have been wiser if they had just left I thought, mirroring both their inner works in my own twisted way. Better to have returned to whatever pitiful existence suited them. Left this ruined soul for its own wicked trials. But the black painted creature remained, wingless body turning to regard me with blunt cautiousness. She countered my offer, as was expected—couldn’t people tell when someone was joking anymore? True, all jokes usually boasted at least a half truth if not more. Would I end her pains if the soul was unwilling or stupidly violent? No. I’m not a ruthless killer for idle gains or in this case…no gain, nor do I thirst for blood like a wolf. If she had accepted my proposition on the other hoof, then yes like a good gentleman I would have answered without hesitation.

Her lips spilled a tale of woe, but the nature of this woe was perhaps the only thing that I didn’t expect. “There was a lizard, a massive lizard.” The rest of those syllables vanished into a soundless drawl, my ears flicked back across the flat part of my cranium. I interjected with a wickedly dangerous smile flicking up my lips, “A lizard you say….? Or was it a dragon? Because a dragon interests me greatly…” She had started to say, ‘we’ and ended with, ‘they.’ I frowned and faked a scowl, “Tsk tsk, you ran away like a coward, abandoning your comrades. It was the very reason your species died out in my world.” Powerless beasts, I had only come across a few that had a brain worth testing.

The child didn’t seem pleased with my manner of doing things, she dared to get closer, dared. I stared down that little snout and huffed in her face. Steely eyes never breaking contact as she spat idiotic words in my face like…like an equal. This wretched creature thought she was my equal! My face broke apart into pure laughter when she finished and her slim little behind. The laugher was borderline crazy and the only warning said foal was going to receive. “Girl,” I breathed out, while restraining from rolling into another fit of insane giggles. “Don’t ever turn your back on an elder, you might find half your flank gone as the result.” Short muscles danced limbs sideways, I attempted to slither up alongside her right side so she could ear each tangy word, “Your bitchy dame needs to teach you the meaning of such bold words, suckling.”

“Back up that courage if you so dare!” I snarled, “Or yield and be gone from this hole; both of you. For the next time my eyes see you small one, I won’t be so lax.”

Image Credits

“Little one, you should be cautious,” Kahlua murmured. The filly's words, angry and harsh, had filled her ears and Kahlua wasn't certain that Harmony was making wise choices. Kahlua was no prize scholar herself, but a run in with Ricochet had taught her a lesson she would not soon forget- don't say stupid things unless you're willing to face the consequences. She was worried for the little filly, almost cringing as she thought the stallion would soon strike out at the filly. His insane laughter that started up did little to console her concern and his harsh words that followed... Kahlua was certain this stallion was mad. Still, she was a coward and hurting. She would not offer herself to save this filly, family by membership in the Qian or not. It was not in her nature, especially for one she knew only as an acquaintance. “I will travel home on my own accord. Go now... you are in danger.” Her words were soft, meant more for the filly than the stallion. She had other things to say to him.

The stallion's interest in the lizard, or why he would want it to be a dragon, was somewhat confusing to the painted mare. Her face reflected this as she briefly dared to drop her look of fear and take one of curiosity. It was fleeting, present only for a moment, before she again looked like she would rather jump into the heat of the Heart than stand here before the monstrous, scarred being. “There were no wings...” She started, closing her eyes for a moment to try and think. A second or two later she realized that closed eyes in the face of this monster was asking for trouble and opened her blue orbs rapidly. “I suppose I don't know what else makes a dragon, sir, but if you want to call it a wingless dragon I suppose you could.” She was appeasing him, hoping he would let her go easily.

“No,” she started to say in response to his chiding statement about her running away. She stopped because she suddenly realized she didn't have to explain herself to him. Be gone from this hole. She was never one to disobey orders. Slowly, she began to do a combination of walking backwards and sidestepping. Fear prevented her from turning her back on him, but also perhaps a touch of curiosity. Would he say more about the dragon? She was curious only because she didn't know why it mattered. Poor stupid Kahlua, never knowing when to cut her losses and run like a bat out of hell.

@[Harmony]

Deceased
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Harmony snorted. The Stallion's words stung her harks. Oh no... . The tips of them became hot. Her usually kind blue orbs became cold as ice. Her present state of mind was pushed away as he stepped in and took her over. Shots of adrenaline pumped through her veins, making her muscles quiver with excitement. Raising her dainty dome she let out a loud nicker, beckoning any beings close by to come watch as this feud played out. Never underestimate Harmony. For, within her is a reckless, ruthless soul that will always lay low in her heart. Waiting for the trigger, something to make her the least bit angry. To him, this meant go time. Time to become a killing machine. The fight to gain control was a hard one, although, it wasn't shown on the outside. All that was noticeable was her sudden change in attitude, the look in her eyes, and the way she moved. Harmony now had gained some control over him, but no one can stop him. He was as strong as ever now. Much stronger than when she had killed him. His soul had a cold heart, not caring which life it ended. But no, Harmony would not let him end a life. She would not allow that anymore.

Whipping around, she faced the Stallion once again. His words running through her mind. Making him more furious, lurching at her hooves, urging them to strike out, knock him of his clefts and gash his thick skull in... No. No. You shall not The urge didn't leave, but became easier to resist. He made her take a step closer though, her long legs trembling. He made her lift her dome, and meet her pools with his. Now, he made her speak.

" Ha. I suggest you don't underestimate us. Believe you me, these clefts have met the skulls of many, causing many deaths. You are lucky I can resist the urge not to bash your thick skull in and watch you bleed. "

She shook her dome, gaining control. Taking rapid steps back, she spoke out loud now, screaming at him to stop.

" GET OUT OF MY BRAIN. Stop using my body. Just, stop. Leave me. Go to someone else. You will not see any more deaths through my blue pools. Find another. Go to Iconic, do something. For all I care possess that rat of a sister. Do it, I dare you."

@[Midas] @[Kahlua]
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Image Credits

MIDAS</style>

Apparently their breed was lacking in more than just social grace. The battle wounded one turned away, gazing back at me with that same forlorn expression, while I snarled at our youngling company. “There was no wings.” She grumbled softly. Some part of my occupied mine flickered faintly into her awareness. Well, wasn’t that interesting! Perhaps the dragons around here didn’t boast wings. This world was a very different place when in comparison to mine. The girl surprisingly bore enough intelligence to echo my own thinking-- she added that not all dragons had leathery things. I would have slipped my face toward her with a little more regard—but currently there was a stupid whelp screaming at me.

My muzzle snapped out on its own accord while she screamed at the Gods, the air, who knew, “Leave you stupid wench or die here in this spot.” Power rose within me, surging to the surface. Why couldn’t people get message? Was I not speaking plain EQUINE? The thin ground separating us from the molten lava below started to bubble and break apart. Fire rose to the surface between the cracks—they would either leave or get burnt up. Golden tipped wings unfurled in one clean shift, I thrust them down just as the soil gave way to beautiful amber and yellow. It was so lovely, watching their world burn. Wingless ones couldn't fly away from danger, nor could they stand against it. The coward and foolish child were perfect examples, and only solidified my certainty that they should have died out long ago. Tainting a superior gene pool with idiocy...nothing could be more cruel.

Image Credits

With the evil stallion's attentions on Harmony, Kahlua felt no qualms at continuing to back away slowly and to the side. Antheia would certainly be pissed if any harm befell the filly. Still, Kahlua did not value her friendship with Harmony's mother over Kahlua's own safety. Hard truth though it may be, Kahlua really only had herself in mind. She was bruised and damaged already. If she were to do anything to try and save the young one she would only be putting herself in further damage. Additionally, if she died before she became glazier and got her name known throughout the land, what use would her life have been? Sure, beauty is great and everything, but being pretty wasn't Kahlua's only purpose in life. Therefore, as she reached the edge of the tall brush that marked the end of the Heart and the start of her way home, she turned as quickly as she could away from the stallion and broke into a choppy canter. It hurt her side to run as she was doing, but she would rather be far away from the evil being that anywhere nearby him. His words to Harmony echoed in her head as she ran away, stupid wench, but she did not care. Ignorance was bliss, in her mind. For all she knew, Harmony was running right after her- or so she told herself. After all, if the filly was smart enough she would run. And if Antheia asked, Kahlua had never seen her.

@[Harmony]

Deceased
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Until you are in Harmony with yourself, you are not complete.

My pools flashed in fury as the asshole stretched his ugly wings and flew away. He thinks he is so superior. When, I and my Equine friends are the pure ones. As I always say, they a re a fucking mutation! How can they act so cocky when they were simply a mistake that was never supposed to walk this earth, their breath poising the air and creating more and more of that ugly species. Soon my species will be a rare one, over run by these cocky bitches they call Unicorns and Pegasi. If your nice to me, I have nothing against you, but just act a bit superior and you will bother the living shit out of me.

I ignored his previous words, for they weren't ones I cared to listen to. It was the least of my concern. Below me the earth was giving way under my hooves. Thinking quickly, I bunched the muscles in my rump, and jumped quickly to my left. Where a few shriveled bushes where caressed by the breeze my large frame made, singing the song of their soon to come death. I flinched as molten lava sprayed from the cracks where I was previously standing. I looked away from the orange, focusing on Kahlua.

How pathetic she was, not even thinking about doing the least to help me. I walked calmly forward, stepping over the cracks that scared this barren land. What a self centered bitch! How dare she? I had risked my life for her and the least she could do is do that pathetic thing she must call a canter in attempt to get away. To me, her canter seemed so slow that I could simply trot up to her. But, in reality, I had to slowly match her canter to catch up, although it seemed slow, it really wasn't. I sighed, attempting to use my large frame to block her way from the rest of the barren land that stretched out in front of us. Hopefully, she would come to a halt. I barred my ugly yellow teeth at her, something not uncommon for my species.

" How dare you? Not even a fucking thank you? "

My kissers lifted to reveal her dirty teeth, making my ever so beautiful presence become homely. My pools where dark, flickering with fury as I stared down the battered mare. Oh, how I would love how to snap those scrawny front legs under my clefts.

@[Kahlua]
Table by @[Harmony] - SarhaharaS1@DA

Having run off before the ground crumbled beneath the stallion, Kahlua was surprised when she looked back to see the filly stepping gingerly over rivers of molten lava. Shaking her head, she turned and faced forward again. Hearing sounds behind her, she flicked her ears around and then her head, catching sight of Harmony out of the corner of her eye. Ah, she realized she was better to run and is following me. Good. Kahlua almost nodded with her thought, though she was suddenly proven very, very wrong. The mare's path was very suddenly, and quite unexpectedly, cut off by the filly's form stepping in front of her own.

Bearing to the right suddenly, in an attempt to avoid crashing into Harmony, Kahlua skidded to a stop just beyond where the filly had stood. She shuddered with pain as her bruised side was assaulted by the sudden movement. When she turned to face where Harmony was, Kahlua found only teeth. Her ears fell back to her head instinctively and she took a step away, wondering what exactly the filly was doing. How dare you? The filly's words were harsh and fighting and instantly put Kahlua on edge. If she wasn't already nervous enough, this did not help.

“Th- thank you,” she stammered stupidly, trying to figure out just what she was supposed to say. Simultaneously, she was trying to decide whether this filly was useful to her or not, and whether she should maintain a healthy relationship with her. Of course, thinking of two things at once was somewhat of a stretch to the mare and she found she was having difficulties. I don't have to take this from an angry little filly, do I? What use could one so little possibly be to me?

She snorted softly then spoke again, her voice still shaky with nerves but otherwise as kind as she could make it. “I'm afraid, little one, that you may have caused more trouble than it was worth, though. She may not be smart, but she knew that threatening an already angry being was not worth the trouble. “You turned what may have been a momentary meeting with that stallion into a threat on my life.” She paused a moment before finishing her thought. “Why would I thank you for trying to kill me?” It wasn't exactly what had happened, but without any smarts Kahlua didn't have a better way to phrase what she was trying to say.

@[Harmony]

Deceased
Wild.
Her replies where short, ones of a being that cared only of itself. The tips of my harks started to turn hot, anger gnawing at my insides. With a disgusted snort, I took a step forward. How dare she say that I could’ve killed her. Is that all she cared about? Herself? Why, yes it was. The look on her face was one of confusion, her voice shaking and stammering, the nerves coming off her bodice in waves. The tips of my sorrel kissers curling into a smirk. I took another step forward, attempting to intimidate her even more. Looming over her, I stamped my front left. My pools where lit with fury as I looked down on her.

“ Midas isn’t kind. He doesn’t have good intentions. Your lucky. “

I spat at her, my voice strong, unwilling to give into my shaky muscles, preparing to rip into the dumb-headed mare standing before me. How I wanted to pound her face in, but my, wouldn’t that be rude? My smirk grew wider.

“ Miss miss. What a shame, huh? You think I’m so weak? Well, tell that to my dead father, the one I murdered. “

The words rolled off my tongue and spat at her once again. It was true of course. No one shall think of me as weak. For, they must not know what I am capable of, and what I have done. Sadness has torn my heart, made it cold and ruthless. Now is no time to provoke me, why no. I am so willing to do anything to bring myself happiness, and yes, that may include murder. It wouldn’t bother me at all... I have no guilt. I am not capable of feelings such as those. These days I feel as if I am not worthy of being happy. If no one is going to try, then why fake it. Pretending isn’t the way to go, no it isn’t. I’m sick of being the goody two shoes. It’s time for me to be myself. To stop putting this good girl mask on. I’m, sick of everyone thinking I’m sweet, kind, nice. That’s all gone with the wind.

{Sorry for the short and bland reply. It'll be better once I get back into it. }
@[Kahlua]

Her step away did little as the filly instantly took a step toward her and snorted. Kahlua's switched from laying back on her head to pointed toward the filly to swiveling about on her head, the mare unable to decide where she should keep them. She was frightened, yes, but for some reason the site of a filly being so angry and trying to be so threatening was comical to her. Sighing and shifting her body from side to side, Kahlua stepped back again as the filly stepped forward. Their dance must have looked strange, but the only thing Kahlua knew to keep her body safe was to keep her distance. As it was, the bruise on her side was throbbing for reprieve. She only wanted to go home, back to the place she loved.

As the filly looked up at her, Kahlua was surprised to find that the filly seemed to know the stallion's name. Midas? Kahlua was confused, having not heard the stallion say his name at all. Perhaps the filly had seen him before; Kahlua could not know for sure. Regardless of how the filly had known, Kahlua was growing weary of all the anger in the area. She was kind of heart, not meant for such chaos and evilness. She had received more than her fair share when she had sparred with Ricochet.

The one I murdered. The filly finished up her short speech, but it had little effect on the mare. She had been busy thinking to herself and had only partially processed the words. Perhaps it was better for the filly. Had Kahlua really been in a mind to, she would have taken the information directly back to Mirage. The Qian was no place for a murderous filly with an attitude problem- at least, as far as Kahlua knew. She would not want a horse such as this claiming to be from the Edge.

Had this filly really changed so much from when she had been introduced to the Edge, a sweet small thing that would barely talk? Kahlua shook her head, thinking she must be something missing from this picture as she looked down at the filly now. The murderous look in the young one's eyes frightened her, but it confused her more. “I don't think you're weak,” she said finally with a sigh and a shake of her head. She just wanted this all to be over. “I think you met an angry stallion and threw fuel on his fire of rage.” She was not smart enough to know that arguing with this filly was going to get her nowhere. Flicking her tail about her hocks, she hoped and prayed then that the filly would just leave. This day was tiring to her, the excitement was fading and bringing her back down to her world-wearied state. She was ready to trudge through the snow and darkness back to the Edge to take her rest.

@[Harmony]

Deceased
Wild.

Harmony

With a snort, I stamped my front left cleft. My scenters flaring, I stared down at her, my icy pools piercing into her orbs. Somewhere in there must be fright. I took a step forward once again, ignoring her previous step back. I flattened my harks tighter to my dome, baring my teeth once again. The snow had no way of slowing me, my strong pillars where lined with experienced and strong muscles, I pat on her, my voice furious.

“Oh, but at least I’m not a self centered bitch, eh? “

Rearing to my hind legs, I thrashed out my front clefts, aiming a blow to her chest. I not know what, or why this had become such an exaggerated conversation, but I couldn’t stop myself... I thirsted for my clefts to meet the plushy feeling of another's frame. I then crashed down onto my front pillars, my orbs wide with rage, the color inside them churning like a tide pool. I cocked my head, changing my voice to a sarcastic loving tone.

“Ohh... Little Kahlua thinks she’s so mighty... Oh, but little Kahlua won’t like sweet Harmony’s bad side... “

I started to close in on her, saliva starting to run from my lips. Oh, it was so tempting....

Tags;
@[Kahlua]

The life ahead can only be glorious if you
learn to live in total harmony with the Lord..

Each moment she stayed longer in the snow here with the filly, Kahlua was regretting. She had thought she liked this little filly. She had assumed the young one would grow and they would become friends. How very wrong she had been. Kahlua was a naïve soul, not made for the rigors of a land such as Helovia. Perhaps some day she would be smart enough to be a useful citizen. Today was not that day.

As the filly stepped strongly through the snow, Kahlua gave up on moving backwards. Clearly the filly was not getting the hint; or perhaps the filly just didn't care. She should have kept moving. The filly reared and struck out at her, her hooves reaching towards Kahlua's chest. Kahlua threw her head to the side, at the very least to protect her head, wincing as muscle contractions caused pain on her right side. Of course, forgetting to move didn't help. The filly's hooves struck true, adding to the bruising (but thankfully not the blood or scars) on the mare's coat.

As the filly landed and began speaking again, Kahlua's stared wide-eyed. Did she finally realize she was in a verbal battle that she could not win? Probably not. Did she finally find herself scared enough to disappear. Yes. She did not even honor the filly with a response. She broke into a gallop, whinnying her displeasure at the pain that coursed through her body. Running was better than staying, though. She did not turn, she ran right past the filly. It would give her precious seconds where (if Harmony decided to follow), Harmony would have to turn around.

Regardless, Kahlua did not look back. She ran like she had never run before, and then she kept running. She would not stop until she was at the Edge, and if the filly followed her, then the filly would follow her right across the Qian's borders and show her true colors to the world. It was all Kahlua could think of to do. It was cowardly, it was childish, but the mare was no fighter and there was no reasoning with this filly who had turned her anger from the stallion to Kahlua. Every step pained her, but anything was better than staying at the Heart with Harmony. Kahlua hoped to never see the place again, for a very long time.

@[Harmony]

Deceased
Wild.
I don't really have an idea of what to reply, so I guess we can just end it here (: Maybe we can thread again sometime? I am always up for an awesome thread like this! <3
@[Kahlua]